41 minutes ago, Vader666 said:

Only by using console commands.

tai toggles off character AI completely, SetRestrained () as a script function should also do the trick.

Im still unsure wether to incorporate this function into the furnitures as it might lead to serious issues.

Thanks for the response. I'm aware of the two commands but both seem to do basically the same thing - freezing the NPC in place. Since I'm looking to have them follow me while restrained, they don't really do the trick.. Is there any other way, maybe from AI behavior? 

4 hours ago, kirryus said:

Since I'm looking to have them follow me while restrained, they don't really do the trick.. Is there any other way, maybe from AI behavior? 

So you're talking about wearable devices ? that would be DDs thing.

There are AI packages included in TD which are designed to do exacly that, however they aren't applied by TD itself.

2 hours ago, Vader666 said:

So you're talking about wearable devices ? that would be DDs thing.

There are AI packages included in TD which are designed to do exacly that, however they aren't applied by TD itself.

I see. I asked here because I found NoFighting in the mod, thought that'd be something I could apply via commands.. I'll just walk over to DD, thanks for your help.

10 hours ago, Vader666 said:

Only by using console commands.

tai toggles off character AI completely, SetRestrained () as a script function should also do the trick.

Im still unsure wether to incorporate this function into the furnitures as it might lead to serious issues.

What kind of issues would setrestrained lead to?  I've been using prisoner shackles fairly liberally and I think setrestrained is activated there.  Would it cause the NPCs to bug out?

7 hours ago, strykernoscope said:

What kind of issues would setrestrained lead to?

Well the easiest way would be setting up a script on the furnitures which sets the actor who entering the furniture as restrained.

How does the Actor gets unrestrained ? is it possible to command a restrained actor out of the furniture so the script could unrestrain the actor OnFurnitureExit ?

What happens to actors told to use the funriture by AAF for animations sake ?

The issue is basically how do i reliably unrestrain the actor in an easy way.

There are things that could go wrong and it might be a hard time to solve out these thing when they occur.

I could just add a debug function to the MCM but that would make TD kinda dependend on it and F4SE...

I just need to test some stuff there.

1 hour ago, Vader666 said:

Well the easiest way would be setting up a script on the furnitures which sets the actor who entering the furniture as restrained.

How does the Actor gets unrestrained ? is it possible to command a restrained actor out of the furniture so the script could unrestrain the actor OnFurnitureExit ?

What happens to actors told to use the funriture by AAF for animations sake ?

The issue is basically how do i reliably unrestrain the actor in an easy way.

There are things that could go wrong and it might be a hard time to solve out these thing when they occur.

I could just add a debug function to the MCM but that would make TD kinda dependend on it and F4SE...

I just need to test some stuff there.

Not sure if this is helpful, but...  In Commonwealth Captives, the captive settlers are added to a refcollectionalias with a "sit" package with the device (TD cross, CRX cross, etc) as the target.  The alias has a script with an OnSit event handler that calls setrestrained() when they enter the furniture.  This guarantees they stay put until they are freed by the player.  They get freed by a dialogue script that calls setrestrained(false) on the NPC and removes them from the refalias (and thus gets them out of the sit package).

I don't think you can make the actor exit the furniture if they are restrained - that's why I first set them unrestrained, then remove the sit package.

As far as AAF you can give them the AAF_ActorLocked keyword to prevent it from acting on them.

Of course if you make this change to TD, it may cause issues with my scripts since we would both be calling setrestrained() etc.

45 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

if you make this change to TD, it may cause issues with my scripts

That's another reason why i don't think handling SetRestrained in TD itself would be a good idea.

There is just too much going on with all the mods using TD stuff to get it working well without causing trouble.

However i don't think it would cause issues in that particluar scenario, since you would just restrain an already restrained actor.

So unless you're waiting for SetRestrained to return true ( does it even have  return values ? ) which may dosen't happen because the actor was already restrained,

i don't think much could go wrong there.

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

I don't think you can make the actor exit the furniture if they are restrained - that's why I first set them unrestrained, then remove the sit package.

I played around with this for Raoder Reform School. I added a perk so you could unrestrain an actor using furniture, but it didn't work very well.

What I found worked better was an OnLoad event that teleported the user to the furniture, just to minimise the "everyone walking back from the melon patch" effect.

26 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

My followers gather around me like we're in a football huddle.......Is there a mod that gets them outta my face?

:exclamation:

LOL! Isn't that precisely how every companion / follower works in this game? You gotta love it when you want to talk to your companions and they keep running away from your sight, BUT on the other hand, when you're overencumbered, they will always make sure to get to the doorway before you do and they do so VERY SLOWLY, so that you won't stand a chance getting around them, and always push you back a little bit for a good measure lol

Oh, but to not spit funny words with no value, I've been using Reginald's mod called "Out Of My Way" available on this website. It let's you craft a smelly bomb that you can throw along with some funny joke giving your companions a hint that they better run and they really start running lol. Neat thing about this mod is that this smelly bomb item regenerates itself, so crafting just one is enough, but I think there's a cooldown for using it, not too long one though. Just bind it to one of your quick item keys and you're good to go. As a side note, there's one dog mod and that dog doesn't seem to care about you throwing smelly bombs at him, perhaps it's because that dog itself is called Smelly?

1 hour ago, VonHelton said:

My followers gather around me like we're in a football huddle.......Is there a mod that gets them outta my face?

That's because they have "needs" that require attention. LOL

I use Get Out of My Face. Also very handy for pushing Gunners off bridges, Raiders off buildings.... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Uplaoded version 2.0b

I fixed the F-Frame so you can assing settlers to it.

I also added some AAF animations which use the furniture found in here.

The animation are NOT triggered by TD, they are just an added animpack

Mod is up for Adoption

I'm finally done with the pile of crap that is FO4 so if someone wants to pick up this project just pm me.

I uploaded the source folder of TD so if anyone will find anything usefull in there, feel free to use it.

https://mega.nz/file/jcsQHR6D#lc-4mYlFJj7q1duK0_D9eK05ngUd9Trxg14nhts1tB0

Edited by Vader666

I have taken over as maintainer of this mod.  Thanks to Vader666 for his work on this over the years and for trusting me with it.

There appear to be a couple of problems with 2.0b, I have temporarily taken it down while I get it sorted out.  The 2.0a version unchanged and still available for download.

38 minutes ago, MrFuturehope said:

Does this allow you to trap the NPCs and rape them while they are tied or something?

Torture Devices provides two main things:

• Craftable furniture like X-Crosses, Pillories, Wooden Horse, 3pPole, etc, that can be crafted at settlements and to which you can assign settlers
  • A framework that allows mod authors to add bound animations and behavior to bondage gear.  This consists of of keywords and magic effects, which apply various types of animations to prevent actors from fighting and to restrict their limbs in bondage poses.

Devious Devices requires Torture Devices since DD relies on some of the framework features provided by TD.

Regular users can use Torture Devices to build bondage and torture furniture to place in their settlements and torment their settlers.

4 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

I have taken over as maintainer of this mod.  Thanks to Vader666 for his work on this over the years and for trusting me with it.

There appear to be a couple of problems with 2.0b, I have temporarily taken it down while I get it sorted out.  The 2.0a version unchanged and still available for download.

Well somebody was listening to my prayers. :)

Re-Uploaded Version 2.0b

• Settlers can now be assigned to the F-Frame
  • Added AAF animations which use the F-Frame, X-Frame, and Wall Lock

The AAF animations can be triggered via the AAF menu.  Select two actors and select the F-Frame/X-Frame/Wall Lock as the Location.

30 minutes ago, ariboru said:

i selected an idle animation but now even after selecting stop animation adn disabling the mod to loud in again i cant move or look around

Hmm it seems the Stop Animations command in MCM doesn't work.  Open the console and run the command

player.playidle idlestop

That should reset you.

15 hours ago, Vader666 said:

I'm finally done with the pile of crap that is FO4 so if someone wants to pick up this project just pm me.

I uploaded the source folder of TD so if anyone will find anything usefull in there, feel free to use it.

https://mega.nz/file/jcsQHR6D#lc-4mYlFJj7q1duK0_D9eK05ngUd9Trxg14nhts1tB0

Thank you for all your hard work over the years, I wish you all the best

First of all, thanks to Vader and EgoBallistic for the work they have dedicated to their mods.
Inside the package I noticed a ton of other furniture not yet available such as barrel01, guillotine, Pendolum, Silotank, Tenta and Tentatank which I pray to god to see activated someday.
Auctioneer reminds me of SimpleSlavery and CapsuleCorp makes my imagination fly :) Who knows if one day mods will arrive that will exploit these tools.

I have a question about SuckerChair, I don't understand why it always gave me problems even in version 1.9. I build it, the animation works, I travel, I come back and I find it overturned.

PS: Will Commonwealth Captives use the new Gallow and the rest of the furniture?

31 minutes ago, PariahOh said:

I travel, I come back and I find it overturned.

This happens because of the havok collision setup i used for the chair.

iirc i had to split the animated parts and the main frame collision because they didn't work with a single collision capsule.

This however seems to result in the animated parts colliding with the main frame on load which then causes havok to go nuts.

It might be an easy fix, setting the main frames mass much higher or changing the collision group.