On 7/14/2021 at 6:43 AM, EgoBallistic said:

Yup.  I just use a ArmorKeywords.esm that I gutted in FO4Edit so all it contains is the Keywords, FormID List, and Instance Naming Rules sections.  I removed everything else from the esm and don't have any of the other crap from the mod installed.  Works great, no errors, etc.

Jeez, that's a great solution! I went through the hours of work making an overrides plugin to fix all the individual armor addon and armor records that were clobbered by this and armorsmith extended when from what you say I could have just deleted the troublesome records :) Excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paulonikita453 said:

It says my esm is missing I saw other people saying it too wtf did you people did? Also if the mod requires something modder should tell about it.

What other people did, was made sure TortureDevices.esm is active. And it requires Fallout 4.... that's it.

15 hours ago, izzyknows said:

What other people did, was made sure TortureDevices.esm is active. And it requires Fallout 4.... that's it.

So you calling me an idiot, guess what thats what I have, Fallout 4 shocker right; And my torturedevice is active, I installed it with NMM and still nothing.

1 hour ago, Paulonikita453 said:

So you calling me an idiot, guess what thats what I have, Fallout 4 shocker right; And my torturedevice is active, I installed it with NMM and still nothing.

Is it active in the Plugins.txt file? And are the files actually in the Data folder? Simplest way to check, manually install it overwriting the current files.

Oh, and make sure it's above all .esp mods. Not sure if NMM will put it below an esp... never seen it happen. But since it's simple to check.. what the hell.

Edited by izzyknows
22 hours ago, Paulonikita453 said:

It says my esm is missing I saw other people saying it too wtf did you people did? Also if the mod requires something modder should tell about it.

Are you using an old version of FO4?  Version 2.1 of the mod requires an up to date FO4 since it was made with the current version of the Creation Kit which is not compatible with old versions of FO4.

If you are running an old version of FO4 you can use TD version 1.9.

Hello. Do you have any plans to update the mod, add new devices?
You could add your "bad end" devices here, yes I know that you have a "created devices bad end" mod, but you can't just assign a settler to them, you need to run the AAF animations every time.
  I could also make models and textures for new devices (you know in which theme there are already created ones)
Maybe add something to the fuck machine?
  Also in a vanilla game, with one of the DLS, you can catch and tame wasteland animals (dogs, insects, death claws, and so on).
  So here's the idea: what if you create rugs to which the settlers are assigned, and if a tamed animal passes by, then it fucks the settler? And also create some animations allowing animals to fuck the settlers assigned to the "torture device"?

By the way, the eternal bug of the "torture device" remained uncorrected - one of the created chairs eternally flies away.
Also in the section with cells there is a "capsule" and a number of other devices that are not clear how to use. no settler can be assigned to them.

13 hours ago, REB85 said:

Hello. Do you have any plans to update the mod, add new devices?
You could add your "bad end" devices here, yes I know that you have a "created devices bad end" mod, but you can't just assign a settler to them, you need to run the AAF animations every time.

Yes! Combining bad end furniture to torturedevices so settlers can stay in them would be amazing

56 minutes ago, shumass said:

Hi, I downloaded the file, unzipped the contents, copied the contents into the data Fallout 4 folder and uploaded the .ESP into NMM and I do not see the mod. Am I missing a step?

From what you're saying it sounds like you've attempted a manual install and got it wrong, you do not unpack a mod to use a mod manager.

In NMM you import the archive (.7z, .zip, .rar) using the "Add mod from file" button. You then click the button for "Install and/or enables the selected mod" which are the top two on the sidebar in NMM 72.3 (later versions may vary).

You'll also need to sort your load order using LOOT and you'll also need to use this guide if you're using AAF

1 hour ago, Slorm said:

You'll also need to sort your load order using LOOT and you'll also need to use this guide if you're using AAF

LOOT has always FUBAR things every time I've tried it. Granted I've only ran it a few times, just for a good laugh. LOL

10 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

LOOT has always FUBAR things every time I've tried it. Granted I've only ran it a few times, just for a good laugh. LOL

Not had a problem with it myself, it doesn't seem to interfere with the AAF guide ordering. I don't often add mods mid game, if I do than I'll manually sort rather than trust LOOT.

1 hour ago, Slorm said:

Not had a problem with it myself, it doesn't seem to interfere with the AAF guide ordering. I don't often add mods mid game, if I do than I'll manually sort rather than trust LOOT.

I've got to many mods that LOOT can't handle. And had to deal with waaay to many folks having issues because if it. Generally folks new to mods, which is understandable. I mean, it can sorta kinda work for some. But if ya know who bangs who.. it's pointless. LOL

I will give it credit though.. the first time I ran it, I learned to back up my Plugins.txt file, and not to blindly install mods willy nilly. Unless it's one of egos mods, then it's thrown in without a care. hehehe

5 hours ago, Slorm said:

From what you're saying it sounds like you've attempted a manual install and got it wrong, you do not unpack a mod to use a mod manager.

In NMM you import the archive (.7z, .zip, .rar) using the "Add mod from file" button. You then click the button for "Install and/or enables the selected mod" which are the top two on the sidebar in NMM 72.3 (later versions may vary).

Thank you, this helped me out.

On 7/14/2021 at 6:43 AM, EgoBallistic said:

Yup.  I just use a ArmorKeywords.esm that I gutted in FO4Edit so all it contains is the Keywords, FormID List, and Instance Naming Rules sections.  I removed everything else from the esm and don't have any of the other crap from the mod installed.  Works great, no errors, etc.

Fantastic idea ! I just went and did it easy peasy :)  Thank you for all of your contributions !

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TheJokerman said:

Hi, I installed this mod using Vortex and LOOT.  When I go to the MCM it says the mod is missing the esm.  However, as enabled in both Vortex and LOOT. 
I don't know what else to do?
Anyone have any advice?

Is it really enabled? Look in your Plugins.txt file to verify it's active and above all "normal" esp's. It's a master with only FO4 as a dependency, so it should have no issues loading.

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Is it really enabled? Look in your Plugins.txt file to verify it's active and above all "normal" esp's. It's a master with only FO4 as a dependency, so it should have no issues loading.

Thank you for such a prompt response. 
OK, this is a bit different than anything I have done to mod Skryim. 
However, I assume you mean to look in the Steamapp>common>Fallout4>Data>Fo4SE>plugins folder?
It is NOT in there.
The ESM does show up in the Steamapp>common>Fallout4>Data folder.

Should I move it to the plugins folder?
I have never done anything like that.
I have always just used Vortex and LOOT in the past.

41 minutes ago, TheJokerman said:

Thank you for such a prompt response. 
OK, this is a bit different than anything I have done to mod Skryim. 
However, I assume you mean to look in the Steamapp>common>Fallout4>Data>Fo4SE>plugins folder?
It is NOT in there.
The ESM does show up in the Steamapp>common>Fallout4>Data folder.

Should I move it to the plugins folder?
I have never done anything like that.
I have always just used Vortex and LOOT in the past.

The Plugins.txt is found in
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Fallout4

Now keep in mind, I don't use Vortex, so i don't know if it changes that location. It shouldn't...

Edited by izzyknows
2 minutes ago, TheJokerman said:

Thanks. I did check. It shows up in that folder as well.  It also shows up my load order on the the AppData\local\fallout4 folder.

If it has the little * in front of it then it's active. If not then it's not active and I think you have to deploy it in Vortex, or some silly shite like that. LOL