What's on your mind?

I'm really starting to have an intense dislike of the new trend some of the websites I frequent are using. Having a repeating full-page popup every 30 seconds of some crap product that I wouldn't use even if they were giving it away or paying me to try it, while trying to read an article, that at its best is only mildly interesting is annoying to say the least.

It's getting to the point that if I had to so much as twitch a finger to save anyone in the websites employ from suffering the most horrific death any human on the planet has ever suffered, I couldn't be bothered to do it. 

3 minutes ago, ---nikoli said:

I'm really starting to have an intense dislike of the new trend some of the websites I frequent are using. Having a repeating full-page popup every 30 seconds of some crap product that I wouldn't use even if they were giving it away or paying me to try it, while trying to read an article, that at its best is only mildly interesting is annoying to say the least.

It's getting to the point that if I had to so much as twitch a finger to save anyone in the websites employ from suffering the most horrific death any human on the planet has ever suffered, I couldn't be bothered to do it. 

I have a similar feeling when I'm checking out at the grocery store. First, I put in my card and enter my PIN. OK, no choice about that. Then I have to say yes or no to cash back. Gotta take care of that, too. Then, we move on to something like "Do you want to donate money to something?" No, I want to get going. "Do you want to answer our survey?" No, I want to fuckin' go. "Do you want to sign up with your phone number for our discount club?" No, I want to get on my motherfuckin' way.

11 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Me planning and thinking about my first ever Skyrim SE installation:

Reveal hidden contents

Thinker.jpg.34a474dc1353521759badc4beda1fe0d.jpg

Me five minutes into executing the plan:

Reveal hidden contents

Clown.jpg.c16b834c3de03800b4e71bf405629797.jpg

So you install Skyrim SE then you become an eldritch abomination? How does that work?

> Our government doesn't do anything to improve our workers' conditions, but rather importing foreign workers from Asia and South America, from the countries that are poorer than us, while at the same time, they are forcing our inhabitants to exile to other countries that have better working conditions and salaries. Isn't it paradoxical and sad?

> Disclaimer: I have nothing against foreigners. If I do, we wouldn't employ any of them. My comment above was addressed against our government politics.

Edited by Evaloves4

I've come to learn that once I accepted the fact that I'm already dead, I found myself at peace with life. I live every day enjoying every moment I have. I enjoy having fun conversations with my friends, making dumb videos and sexy screenshots, playing games, etc. I don't even take a simple glass of water for granted. It's also one of the reasons I don't drag out petty arguments with people. I have more important things to do in life than worry about that crap.

Anyway, that's just a glimpse into my mind. 

2 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

> Disclaimer: I have nothing against foreigners. If I do, we wouldn't employ any of them. My comment above was addressed against our government politics.

If I told a foreigner they had a beautiful body, do  you think they would hold it against me?

What is going through my head? Maybe a better question would be: What's wrong with my head? 😁

Anyway, my plan for this week:

Spoiler

To pick the winner of the best "supermutant dives victim into a water barrel" animation.
Take over the Big Board of Fun
Bake delicious cookies
Conquer the world.
Maybe with a few coffee breaks in between. 😇

43 minutes ago, chooseChaos said:

What is going through my head? Maybe a better question would be: What's wrong with my head? 😁

Anyway, my plan for this week:

Take over the Big Board of Fun [among other things].

You will never take over the Big Board of Fun.

3 hours ago, branmakmuffin said:

You will never take over the Big Board of Fun.

Because it is too big to be taken over. Or jumped over for that matter. Kind of like a wall to keep all the humans out and of course the humans will pay for it. Too soon?

4 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

Because it is too big to be taken over. Or jumped over for that matter. Kind of like a wall to keep all the humans out and of course the humans will pay for it. Too soon?

Never too soon. Plus, it's been 7 years.

Edited by branmakmuffin
11 hours ago, Darkpig said:

> he might take it over by the time IF he is the only poster in there, but knowing Mr. @Psalam, @GreyMouse, and @DonQuiWho, they will never give up on the "Change one word" thread, just like I wouldn't give up from my "LL fashion - sexy outfit" thread.:classic_biggrin:

On 3/4/2024 at 2:54 AM, Evaloves4 said:

> Our government doesn't do anything to improve our workers' conditions, but rather importing foreign workers from Asia and South America, from the countries that are poorer than us, while at the same time, they are forcing our inhabitants to exile to other countries that have better working conditions and salaries. Isn't it paradoxical and sad?

In our country, the situation is the same. It's quite sad...

The DST time change in the U.S, March 10. That's one thing on my mind.

EDIT: You know what else? I wonder why some people are creeped out by clowns. I'm not belittling them for it, I just don't understand the issue. To contrast that with other fears, even though I do not have them, I understand why someone might have a fear of heights, spiders, open spaces, to name three common phobias.

Edited by branmakmuffin
7 hours ago, branmakmuffin said:

The DST time change in the U.S, March 10. That's one thing on my mind.

EDIT: You know what else? I wonder why some people are creeped out by clowns. I'm not belittling them for it, I just don't understand the issue. To contrast that with other fears, even though I do not have them, I understand why someone might have a fear of heights, spiders, open spaces, to name three common phobias.

On DST etc, there was a time when they didn't change the clocks here.  It was pitch black when we were going to school and it was still dark at 10am.  Some places further North went from18hrs daylight in summer to 6hrs daylight in winter

There are all sorts of arguments, for and against. the bi-annual change

All I can say is that having been there, done that, where I was when it was tried, it was 'effing horrible to live in

DQW

10 minutes ago, DonQuiWho said:

There are all sorts of arguments, for and against. the bi-annual change

In California, we voted to go on permanent DST (UTC -7:00). But nothing has happened to make it so. And I believe Oregon and Washington state have trigger laws to do the same if California does.

Edited by branmakmuffin
8 hours ago, branmakmuffin said:

EDIT: You know what else? I wonder why some people are creeped out by clowns. I'm not belittling them for it, I just don't understand the issue.

> I am not afraid of clowns, I just don't see them as cute and entertaining. They are ugly and a bit scary. Nobody in my family likes them and they were never popular in our country.

1 minute ago, Evaloves4 said:

> I am not afraid of clowns, I just don't see them as cute and entertaining. They are ugly and a bit scary. Nobody in my family likes them and they were never popular in our country.

I also do not find them entertaining. I dislike circuses in general. Aside from Cirque du Soleil, I like their shows. There are no animals potentially being mistreated in Cirqe du Soleil.