What's on your mind?

You know that toothpaste brand that 9 out of 10 dentists recommend. The reason there isn't a toothpaste brand that 10 out of 10 dentists recommend is because 1 out of those 10 dentists sued for false advertising so now companies are only allowed to say 9 out of 10 dentists recommend.

So next time a man on the TeeVee says a product is the real deal they're full of shit. Take it from a pig on the internet.

6 hours ago, Darkpig said:

You know that toothpaste brand that 9 out of 10 dentists recommend. The reason there isn't a toothpaste brand that 10 out of 10 dentists recommend is because 1 out of those 10 dentists sued for false advertising so now companies are only allowed to say 9 out of 10 dentists recommend.

So next time a man on the TeeVee says a product is the real deal they're full of shit. Take it from a pig on the internet.

> Most of the products that were advertised on our TVs are shit, especially products from TV shopping channels.

Edited by Evaloves4

> Would never understand the people who turn against you once your friendship is broken. Life is already difficult, why add more to it? I feel sorry for my friend Lidija she has to go through it.:classic_sad: Her experience made me wiser and more causes.

Edited by Evaloves4
On 2/27/2024 at 11:49 AM, Idyll said:

A common misunderstanding is that D&D (for the purpose of this example) is nearly purely combat based simply because its mechanics are more tailored towards that respect, but that is true mostly whilst completely barring the possibility of homebrews enabling better stories as well as the act of roleplaying.

From this misunderstanding also stems many iterations of that player, such as those who use "It's what my character would do" to ruin the table's overall fun for their own amusement. In a lot of cases, at least those I encountered, they simply didn't understand how to roleplay, it was never properly introduced or explained to them. (Then again, that's not to say many more simply do it for the sake of trolling.)

Regarding the first point I quoted, I consider D&D (and clearly this is my personal definition) to be a role playing game with an opportunity for combat. Other games might be more along the lines of combat games with an opportunity for role playing (only one I can think of at the moment that might fall into this category is the Zombicide RPG, but there must be others).

Regarding the second point, in my opinion good role playing is "Having your character say or do what you think they would reasonably say or do in any given situation." The argument then becomes "What is reasonable?" A player character picking their companions' pockets, to take a fairly common example, is not reasonable. We see players do that and then defend it with 'I"m just playing my character." To which I, as a fellow player, would reply and have replied "If you stole from me or my friends, at the very least I would tell you to get the fuck out and never let me see you again. Right now, the only reason my character is traveling with yours is because we are fellow players in the same D&D game, and if that's the only reason, it's a pretty shitty one." And as the GM to players like that I would say and have said "If that's how this particular character acts, then you should make a new character." Which is kind of an oblique way of saying "This game is not for you," A new character is going do the same kinds of bullshit things, because the bullshit is in the player.

EDIT: Also, when did it become a thing to put currency symbols to the right of the numerals?

Edited by branmakmuffin
12 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

> Would never understand the people who turn against you once your friendship is broken. Life is already difficult, why add more to it? I feel sorry for my friend Lidija she has to go through it.:classic_sad: Her experience made me wiser and more causes.

What if you kill your friend's asshole friends after you leave? Would that be turning against them or doing them a favor?🤔

33 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

What if you kill your friend's asshole friends after you leave? Would that be turning against them or doing them a favor?🤔

Ha Ha Smile Sticker by Emoji

> My Ivy would gladly kick Lidija's friend's ass if she asked her. Some people need a little physical pain as a reminder that such things have consequences which a painful too. I would classify that as a favor to them. (I will write about what happened in my diary soon.)

37 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

Ha Ha Smile Sticker by Emoji

> My Ivy would gladly kick Lidija's friend's ass if she asked her. Some people need a little physical pain as a reminder that such things have consequences which a painful too. I would classify that as a favor to them. (I will write about what happened in my diary soon.)

Huh. That friend must have done some terrible things to elicit that kind of response.

5 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

> This is too idealistic and too high a goal to reach. Only god can do that.

2c2a020312b7a8ac2b5d1b289355eee6.jpg.3edb711cb9e648f528e769a7ffdab2c6.jpg

It sounds like an abbreviation of the St. Francis prayer commonly used at 12th Step meetings (such as Alcoholics Anonymous:

Spoiler

Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace!

That where there is hatred, I may bring love.

That where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness.

That where there is discord, I may bring harmony.

That where there is error, I may bring truth.

That where there is doubt, I may bring faith.

That where there is despair, I may bring hope.

That where there are shadows, I may bring light.

That where there is sadness, I may bring joy.

Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort, than to be comforted.

To understand, than to be understood.

To love, than to be loved.

For it is by self-forgetting that one finds.

It is by forgiving that one is forgiven.

It is by dying that one awakens to Eternal Life.
—Saint Francis of Assisi—

Just now, Psalam said:

It sounds like an abbreviation of the St. Francis prayer commonly used at 12th Step meetings (such as Alcoholics Anonymous:

Hide contents

Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace!

That where there is hatred, I may bring love.

That where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness.

That where there is discord, I may bring harmony.

That where there is error, I may bring truth.

That where there is doubt, I may bring faith.

That where there is despair, I may bring hope.

That where there are shadows, I may bring light.

That where there is sadness, I may bring joy.

Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort, than to be comforted.

To understand, than to be understood.

To love, than to be loved.

For it is by self-forgetting that one finds.

It is by forgiving that one is forgiven.

It is by dying that one awakens to Eternal Life.
—Saint Francis of Assisi—

> Thank you, Mr. Psalam. I am deeply confident that no human being can live accordingly. I mean upholding all of the listed. Maybe some can do one or two things but not all. I am not a theologian but as I know and understand the Bible, only Jesus lived like that.

54 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> Thank you, Mr. Psalam. I am deeply confident that no human being can live accordingly. I mean upholding all of the listed. Maybe some can do one or two things but not all. I am not a theologian but as I know and understand the Bible, only Jesus lived like that.

I agree with you (can you hear the "but" coming?) BUT this is surely meant as a goal to strive for, not one to be attained. In the words of the poet, Robert Browning, "Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp. Or, what's a heaven for?"

21 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I agree with you (can you hear the "but" coming?) BUT this is surely meant as a goal to strive for, not one to be attained. In the words of the poet, Robert Browning, "Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp. Or, what's a heaven for?"

> I have a goal to have sex with 10,000 women (at least) during my lifetime. I know I can never reach that number, but, hey, that's my goal.:classic_wink::classic_biggrin:

12 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

> I have a goal to have sex with 10,000 women (at least) during my lifetime. I know I can never reach that number, but, hey, that's my goal.:classic_wink::classic_biggrin:

How about you count each time with Ivy?   Then you should have no problem reaching that goal!  :)

What? Why? It doesn't seem too hard?

On 2/28/2024 at 11:55 PM, Evaloves4 said:

> This is too idealistic and too high a goal to reach. Only god can do that.

2c2a020312b7a8ac2b5d1b289355eee6.jpg.3edb711cb9e648f528e769a7ffdab2c6.jpg

10 hours ago, branmakmuffin said:

I don't understand people not liking tomatoes, unless they are allergic. Lima beans, yeah I get why they don't like lima beans (even though I really like them), but not tomatoes.

Tomatoes are one of those things that are way better homegrown than store bought. Tomatoes at the store are picked when they’re still green (not yet ripe) so that they don’t rot during transport, and then they ripen on the way or on the shelf. This makes it so that they’re pretty flavorless. Homegrown tomatoes usually taste better because the opposite happens. This is the case for basically all produce.

I don’t think there are any vegetables that I genuinely dislike tbh.

6 minutes ago, porkybork said:

Tomatoes are one of those things that are way better homegrown than store bought. Tomatoes at the store are picked when they’re still green (not yet ripe) so that they don’t rot during transport, and then they ripen on the way or on the shelf. This makes it so that they’re pretty flavorless. Homegrown tomatoes usually taste better because the opposite happens. This is the case for basically all produce.

I read an article once in which the author stated that tomatoes sold in grocery stores are "notional tomatoes," following up on having said exactly what you just said.

2 minutes ago, branmakmuffin said:

I read an article once in which the author stated that tomatoes sold in grocery stores are "notional tomatoes," following up on having said exactly what you just said.

Farmer’s markets always have the best produce, but they can be a bit pricey depending on location and seasonality.

Years ago, my uncle made homemade lemonade using lemons from the tree in his backyard. He poured us some glasses and I liked it. His step-daughters, though, said "This tastes funny." His assessment was that they thought "lemonade" should taste like the powdered lemonade they were used to.