2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

IIRC if you enable the "Skin Tint" shader on a mesh and add the required flags, the game will automatically force the matching body part texture onto that mesh no matter what, so in theory it needs to be in the body texture.

That being said, the "model space normals" flag is separate from the skin tint one so the current textures wouldn't need to be converted to object space if the skin tint one is removed, and the bits in question don't really need to get the skin tint (may not match the nipples exactly anymore, but otherwise they would look better as they would remain the same color across different skin tints). So maybe it could be done as a separate texture set indeed. Would also get rid of the need to edit textures for use with it.

I don't actually know about the technicalities but the reason why I so confidently said that there's nothing stopping it is because it has already been done before. The CUUNP ("Chinese UUNP" or "Physical Petal Body") had the inner parts in separate texture called PhotoTex.dds. Bazinga's XML set actually includes a variant of the body but it's either old or modified since it doesn't have that separate texture and instead you need to blend the inner labia into body texture.

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Which is a fact I find pretty interesting. Skyrim has gone so far it's surpassed the quality and possibilities of many "furry" games by a lot, and yet I haven't really seen many people that even know about it, let alone went for it for this reason.

Well, that's pretty easy to explain actually. Accessibility and by proxy "marketing." Not many people use it because let's face it, lewd skyrim modding isn't exactly plug-and-play and since not many people use it, there's not much exposure for it floating around and that's just for the basic YA setup. If you go deeper to where I am with prodecural physics, mesh refitting and editing etc. it becomes even less accessible to people who are not tech savvy.

Instead horny furries give $50k/mo to GPU frying unity project because it's just extract and play.

2 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

well it show up on FurAffinity every so often, so it's not completely unknown.

I actually learned randomly that being petrified is a fetish too from YA screenshot in FA. ?

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

For some reason the "people that use beast/anthro races" and "people that can take good screenshots" demographics don't seem to overlap much, at least not when it comes to Skyrim.

I mean I don't think I'm that good honestly, at least in shadow of some actual screenarcher titans like Goma who create specific shape body meshes for one-off screenshots (yes, most of his screenshots are not prodecural physics but edited static body mesh instead, smoke and mirrors everyone), but I have kinda played around with the idea that I could record my process.

Might be helpful to some since the hardest part of anthro races (compared to humanoids) is actually face morphs, expressions etc. play a huge part in how a screenshot feels and mfg morphs are not exactly 1:1 with humans. This is more apparent if you use some preset expressions like the ones from Facial Expressions Project, some descriptions really don't match the actual faces on furries.

Another huge difference between anthros and humanoids is also related to the face: snouts. Pretty much all poses are made for humans so you have hand/finger/whatever clipping for face in any kind of "finger in mouth" or "facepalm" or "crying eyes out" or whatever poses which needs to be fixed with NiOverride Pose Adjustments if you want to use those.

And then there's the weather, lighting, LUT, DOF etc. if you want to make it even fancier.

That being said, anyone is free to share/upload my screenshots anywhere they want. I'm doing this for fun after all, fame and fortune and upvotes are not even in my thoughs. Also the reason why I share all my presets and stuff, I'm a big fan of Cathedral concept after all and I want others to have fun too.

Well, this post became more rambly and offtopic than I intended but oh well.

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

actually the sharks seem to show up more than Yiffy Age.

It's good that they show up, but I'd like YA to also be there, and for both of them to be more popular as a whole.

hit and miss, but mostly crap.

As expected. Oh, well. ?

42 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

I don't actually know about the technicalities but the reason why I so confidently said that there's nothing stopping it is because it has already been done before. The CUUNP ("Chinese UUNP" or "Physical Petal Body") had the inner parts in separate texture called PhotoTex.dds.

Never saw that one, but if it has been done already, it would mean it's indeed possible.

The chances of BakaFactory actually going for it are extremely slim anyway, though.

Well, that's pretty easy to explain actually. Accessibility and by proxy "marketing." Not many people use it because let's face it, lewd skyrim modding isn't exactly plug-and-play and since not many people use it, there's not much exposure for it floating around and that's just for the basic YA setup. If you go deeper to where I am with prodecural physics, mesh refitting and editing etc. it becomes even less accessible to people who are not tech savvy.

That's unfortunate but understandable, I guess.

Instead horny furries give $50k/mo to GPU frying unity project because it's just extract and play.

I mean, if said GPU frying Unity project had as many features as Skyrim has or more, I would totally get it, but so far even the most promising and trust-worthy projects I know don't even get close.

I actually learned randomly that being petrified is a fetish too from YA screenshot in FA. ?

I'd search for that, but I think my opinion on the FA search system has been stated already :classic_dodgy:. I'm still curious, though. Do you happen to have a link to that?

I mean I don't think I'm that good honestly, at least in shadow of some actual screenarcher titans like Goma who create specific shape body meshes for one-off screenshots (yes, most of his screenshots are not prodecural physics but edited static body mesh instead, smoke and mirrors everyone)

Well maybe not god-tier like Goma and the like, but still pretty damn good, and moreso considering those very people overwhelmingly don't care about beast races in the slightest and thus never feature them in their pics.

Might be helpful to some since the hardest part of anthro races (compared to humanoids) is actually face morphs, expressions etc. play a huge part in how a screenshot feels and mfg morphs are not exactly 1:1 with humans. This is more apparent if you use some preset expressions like the ones from Facial Expressions Project, some descriptions really don't match the actual faces on furries.

Another huge difference between anthros and humanoids is also related to the face: snouts. Pretty much all poses are made for humans so you have hand/finger/whatever clipping for face in any kind of "finger in mouth" or "facepalm" or "crying eyes out" or whatever poses which needs to be fixed with NiOverride Pose Adjustments if you want to use those.

And then there's the weather, lighting, LUT, DOF etc. if you want to make it even fancier.

A guide like that would certainly help. Not that I expect people to actually use it, considering they don't even use existing generic screenshotting guides; but at least it's good to have the info available somewhere for that once-in-a-generation event of someone actually wanting to follow it, lol. :classic_wacko:

26 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I mean, if said GPU frying Unity project had as many features as Skyrim has or more, I would totally get it, but so far even the most promising and trust-worthy projects I know don't even get close.

Well, the character creation is surprisingly flexible there but the rest is simple and friendly bondage sex sandbox. Rack 2, if you want the name.

26 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I'd search for that, but I think my opinion on the FA search system has been stated already :classic_dodgy:. I'm still curious, though. Do you happen to have a link to that?

Its marked as adult so requires account but here: https://www.furaffinity.net/view/27213170/

Spoiler

1525317150.amazonrex_anthro_female_wolf_petrification_secuence.jpg.2f12dd916427338e660572acabbe1136.jpg

27 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

A guide like that would certainly help. Not that I expect people to actually use it, considering they don't even use existing generic screenshotting guides

To be fair, most people don't actually aim for super fancy properly lit character showcases. At best they want to quickly show off their character or some scene and just pressing print screen is way less effort than setting everything up, hiding UI and making sure your angle isn't unflattering.

For the aspiring virtual paparazzi, the guides come extremely handy and even seasoned screenarchers can learn something new from each others with those so I might just do one some day.

10 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

I don't actually know about the technicalities but the reason why I so confidently said that there's nothing stopping it is because it has already been done before. The CUUNP ("Chinese UUNP" or "Physical Petal Body") had the inner parts in separate texture called PhotoTex.dds.

10 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Never saw that one, but if it has been done already, it would mean it's indeed possible.

The chances of BakaFactory actually going for it are extremely slim anyway, though.

If you want to say something, now is your chance to speak up. He just recently posted that the project is suspended and that there will be a huge change to the body. I also mentioned the UVs 3 hours before that post, but it may just be a coincidence since I didn't get a direct reply and may only be mesh edits.

19 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

IIRC if you enable the "Skin Tint" shader on a mesh and add the required flags, the game will automatically force the matching body part texture onto that mesh no matter what, so in theory it needs to be in the body texture.

Are you sure of this? How can vanilla hands or my pawfeet work if this is true?

16 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

NiOverride Pose Adjustments

I totally need to not know what this is.

What is it? Would it allow adjustments during an animation?

8 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

If you want to say something, now is your chance to speak up. He just recently posted that the project is suspended and that there will be a huge change to the body. I also mentioned the UVs 3 hours before that post, but it may just be a coincidence since I didn't get a direct reply and may only be mesh edits.

I really wouldn't hold my breath but sure, I'll make a post.

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I totally need to not know what this is.

What is it? Would it allow adjustments during an animation?

https://sesamin.tumblr.com/tagged/NiOverride-Pose-Adjustments

Basically realtime adjustments to skeleton. Needs its own nodes in skeleton so not compatible with your digi skeleton out of the box. And yes, it allows adjustments during animations too.

This one had the finger clipping through the chin originally for example.

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Are you sure of this? How can vanilla hands or my pawfeet work if this is true?

Key part of my explanation was "the matching body part texture". "Skin Tint"-tagged meshes load the skin textures assigned to the naked skin AA they replace (unless they have their own skin textures assigned in their AA entry already, in which case those take preference).

So for example when you wear a torso item that takes up the Torso slot and thus replaces the NakedTorso*race name*AA, it will grab the skin texture assigned to NakedTorso*race name*AA, and that's why characters keep their body textures when wearing items. Same happens with gauntlets/gloves and the NakedHands*race name*AA, and with boots/shoes/footwear and NakedFeet*race name*AA. That's why vanilla hands and pawfeet work.

On 10/27/2019 at 6:39 PM, Bad Dog said:

An early version of the bat is out in the latest Birds update--that's what I'm running now. Male only, no face tints, limited shape options.

That seems to be just in SE version - are the bats going to appear in LE birds too?

9 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Might do it one day. The originals for all those were by other modders but by now they've been remade so thoroughly I could put them up myself.

New Bruma patch is up! Also skimpy armors for Bruma.

I hope that day is one day soon, I'd really like to play with the vulpine race on it's own

Anyone able to help me?

I've had to do a 'from scratch' install of skyrim after breaking it by. not touching it for a year. The tangled web of things that where broken seemed too much.

So, I'm trying again and getting to grips with Mod Organizer. I've just tried reinstalling ENBoost but I'm getting this problem:

https://i.imgur.com/LvBWmbQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wLLahun.jpg

I'm not sure what these squares are or why they're happening. I have a hunch that it's rendering the tiles of skyrim's water as it's the only thing that would be that flat. They render through characters, terrain and walls. Any help is help I would appreciate in making these go away. They're persistent only when I'm outdoors. But I obviously can't mod in YAOS till I get skyrim working properly in the first place.

On 9/16/2019 at 10:28 PM, Arthacs said:

I dunno if this exist already, but here are BS2-UUNP for the female hands if anyone is using UUNP body.

No fun with hands that does not fit.

-hastily done, nothing special, but it works for me.

Do whatever u want with this, no permissions or credits needed.

Yiffy_Age.6.2.1.0 BS2 UUNP Female Hands.7z 389.18 kB · 13 downloads

I feel like this slipped a bit under the radar. I've been fiddling with the BHUNP body lately and it has slightly different wrist seams than vanilla UNP, these seem to work fine with it though. Just headsup if anyone else wants to dabble with it.