Ya, my conversions of hoodies, birds, and lykaios made the YA stuff straightforward. I expected more trouble than I had. I installed in on my current SE game it switched right over, no issues. I'm checking out Bruma now.

An early version of the bat is out in the latest Birds update--that's what I'm running now. Male only, no face tints, limited shape options.

Next up is a few requests. (Yours and one other.)

I can't find the comment again (think it was on N*xus, did this get removed over there?) but I'd posted about how the Cheetah were lovely enough that I'd sacrifice the entire High Elf race for them in my non-furry game, and Bad Dog? (or whoever uploaded on N*xus) mentioned a potential standalone version. Did anything come of that? I started to bootleg a version myself with Custom Races, but as I'm reinstalling atm, that is long gone lol

EDIT: Thank you thank you thank you ❤️❤️❤️ 

(I didn't want to interrupt the discussion for this, but yeah TYSM)

14 minutes ago, TentakelnBitte said:

I can't find the comment again (think it was on N*xus, did this get removed over there?) but I'd posted about how the Cheetah were lovely enough that I'd sacrifice the entire High Elf race for them in my non-furry game, and Bad Dog? (or whoever uploaded on N*xus) mentioned a potential standalone version. Did anything come of that? I started to bootleg a version myself with Custom Races, but as I'm reinstalling atm, that is long gone lol

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/9566-bad-dogs-cat-races/

Wanna guess where the new 3BBB places the anus texture?

Spoiler

sad.jpg.4edc696c6c4259af41612b5c31efad2a.jpg

meh.jpg.e83ccf4d62094edcec8fd95f44dc014d.jpg

Backups because LL's Sunday issues:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/636267849790259203/640571666858246165/sad.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/636267849790259203/640571661006929953/meh.jpg

So pretty much every race that has tail based on khajiit (so cats) would need the argonian treatment of separate tail textures if you want to use it.

53 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

As always, the people that create these bodies and assets never use beast races and don't give a crap about them, so they see an empty space in the human textures and don't bother checking whether it's actually free on other races. Hell, I bet if Orcs weren't simply "humans with a different face morph" and actually had separate/non-identical assets, they would get shafted most of the time too. :classic_dodgy:

That's the reason I haven't tried to go for a full 3BBB SMP install yet. (Well, that, and the fact that I'm not spending much time in Skyrim lately). The sharks don't have that problem so I may add the required textured bits so they will be automatically compatible if/when I can bring myself to post the update, but most of the YA races will need to get the Argonian treatment indeed if we want them to be compatible.

Are there any mods that use the 3BBB anus anyway, though? IIRC it simply doesn't work as collision-enabled so it's only useful for animators, but I don't think I've seen anyone actually use it so far. Not much sense in going through the pain of separating all tail textures for a feature that is useless in the first place.

32 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Are there any mods that use the 3BBB anus anyway, though? IIRC it simply doesn't work as collision-enabled so it's only useful for animators, but I don't think I've seen anyone actually use it so far. Not much sense in going through the pain of separating all tail textures for a feature that is useless in the first place.

Not that I know of but future proofing is good practice and hopefully some animators actually start using them.

7 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Hide contents

sad.jpg.4edc696c6c4259af41612b5c31efad2a.jpg

meh.jpg.e83ccf4d62094edcec8fd95f44dc014d.jpg

Backups because LL's Sunday issues:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/636267849790259203/640571666858246165/sad.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/636267849790259203/640571661006929953/meh.jpg

So pretty much every race that has tail based on khajiit (so cats) would need the argonian treatment of separate tail textures if you want to use it.

Why bother posting it here if your not even gonna make a complaint on the 3BBB thread?

11 minutes ago, NightroModzz said:

Why bother posting it here if your not even gonna make a complaint on the 3BBB thread?

Well, there's *zero* chance anyone would make changes to their mod to accommodate beast races (:classic_dodgy:), much less for a body replacer, so the issue won't be solved on that end. Could post about it there, but it's useless.

Makes sense to warn people that use this mod and thus may come across the issue of overlapping textures that they should expect it, and also to let Bad Dog know about it in case he wants to separate tail textures indeed so the issue doesn't happen in the first place. Whether it's actually worth the effort and BD actually goes for it is a different story, but at least we now have all the info.

21 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Well, there's *zero* chance anyone would make changes to their mod to accommodate beast races (:classic_dodgy:), much less for a body replacer, so the issue won't be solved on that end. Could post about it there, but it's useless.

If it were custom races I would understand if an author wouldn't want to, but the beast races such as khajiits and argonians are officially part of the game. Thus it effects everyone whether they are a beast race or not, unless you have a mod that removes all beast races. I don't know about the anus texture, but moving the anus UV layout position and adjusting the shape would be pretty simple. Like 5-minutes simple. The anus texture also doesn't look very detailed that redoing them wouldn't be that much of a bother if necessary.

7 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

more like 30 seconds.

I was taking into account project setup time. Just moving it would take 30 seconds, but I already saw a likely fix. the pink texture opposite to the vagina would need to be moved next to the vagina and the anus in the position where that section was. But you would also have to adjust the shape to something a bit thin and rotate it to the side.

8 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

and?

there's nothing stopping it from being used for both.

There's also nothing stopping from private parts being on their own separate texture instead of on the body one, yet here we are. ?

6 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

I could post there but it was mostly meant as heads-up since I don't expect the textures to be actually separated since it doesn't affect humanoids and, from what I gathered, the author mostly wants you to use the body on custom races instead of replacing all vanilla bodies.

Also UNP Special has been a thing for how many years already and it still slaps the vagina right there on top of argonian tail.

The fact is that beast races and their derivatives are such a niche in this community that you kinda have to learn to fix all this yourself if you want to have a decent time.

1 hour ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

There's also nothing stopping from private parts being on their own separate texture instead of on the body one, yet here we are. ?

IIRC if you enable the "Skin Tint" shader on a mesh and add the required flags, the game will automatically force the matching body part texture onto that mesh no matter what, so in theory it needs to be in the body texture.

That being said, the "model space normals" flag is separate from the skin tint one so the current textures wouldn't need to be converted to object space if the skin tint one is removed, and the bits in question don't really need to get the skin tint (may not match the nipples exactly anymore, but otherwise they would look better as they would remain the same color across different skin tints). So maybe it could be done as a separate texture set indeed. Would also get rid of the need to edit textures for use with it.

The fact is that beast races and their derivatives are such a niche in this community

Which is a fact I find pretty interesting. Skyrim has gone so far it's surpassed the quality and possibilities of many "furry" games by a lot, and yet I haven't really seen many people that even know about it, let alone went for it for this reason.

I mean, I don't know of any other game with native support for beast races, such a wide offer of species with decent customizability (with mods taken into account), actual game mechanics and quests and stuff (buggy and broken as they may be, they still exist, unlike in many "adult" games), graphics quality (ENB'd Skyrim may not be optimal, but it can still look pretty damn good), modding support, detail, a decent sex framework... Hell, with YA, Skyrim could look like a specifically-made furry RPG game, or at least what their pipe dreams of becoming one would look like if they actually made it.

Don't get me wrong, we do have our own little niche in here and it's neat, but I would expect more people to know about this and to be able to enjoy it as much as we do.

45 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Which is a fact I find pretty interesting. Skyrim has gone so far it's surpassed the quality and possibilities of many "furry" games by a lot, and yet I haven't really seen many people that even know about it, let alone went for it for this reason.

well it show up on FurAffinity every so often, so it's not completely unknown.

24 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

well it show up on FurAffinity every so often, so it's not completely unknown.

It does? Don't visit that site (think I've already explained why) so I wouldn't know. Huh. Better than nothing, I guess. You remember any one that got popular or got plenty of interaction or something? Always like to hear what people think of YA from outside LL/the Nexus themselves. (Also my mods, if anyone even uses them, lol)

Also are the YA pics shared there any good, though? Only other place I've seen YA stuff is in f_irl, and they were all sub-par pics that didn't really do justice to it. I mean, they didn't even remove the HUD. I get that ENB is demanding and not everyone can afford a rig that can run Snapdragon at 120 FPS or whatever and then spend hours perfecting the shots, but your pics can still be good in composition even if graphics themselves are utter garbage due to tech constraints. If you can't ever be bothered to do "tm" and "tfc", you might as well not take the pic in the first place, I'd say. :classic_dodgy:

For some reason the "people that use beast/anthro races" and "people that can take good screenshots" demographics don't seem to overlap much, at least not when it comes to Skyrim. People like Sly or Tail are outliers, but before they came along, most of the beast race character shots I remember seeing were... not good.

14 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

think I've already explained why

yes.

15 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

You remember any one that got popular or got plenty of interaction or something?

no not really, just some random screenshots showing up whenever i search for skyrim themed artwork.

21 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

(Also my mods, if anyone even uses them, lol)

actually the sharks seem to show up more than Yiffy Age.

24 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Also are the YA pics shared there any good

hit and miss, but mostly crap.

the better ones:

1548819322.violentfox_lunara__np_nsfw_.jpg

1563590027.shy-rotam_krista_02.png