Hey, so I'm wondering if someone can help me, because what was supposed to be a simple modification to YA has led me down a frustrating rabbit hole and now I don't know what to do.

What I was trying to do was simply hue shift the schlong textures for each race, so that all the races would have slightly different colored dicks. It would add some variety and look less uniform, and they came out quite nice in nifskope. However, I ran into several unfortunate snags. The first is that I discovered every Canine race uses the Vaalsark texture for the actual dick itself, and Felines use Khajiit. This is likely due to the fact that the .nif references that one by default, but the AA formlist in CK is clearly overwriting the other two parts of the .nif (the sheath and the shag) so I have no idea why it doesn't touch that one.

No problem, I'll just modify the AA formlist to force it to use the correct race texture for the peen and leave everything else alone. So I did so just for the Fox race to test it, and apparently that was a bad idea because while it did work (confirmed by loading a save) starting a new game causes SOS to freak out about the Anthro and Sheath schlongs (and only those two, slit and female schlongs are fine apparently) saying that they're dirty and will refuse to load them. I didn't even touch the Anthro schlongs so that just raises further questions.

I just wanted to do one simple thing, and apparently I'm too stupid to figure it out, so maybe someone more experienced can help.

Welcome to the wonderful world of skyrim modding. 

If SOS is complaining you made more changes than just to the AA texture overrride. You somehow mucked up the schlong formlists. Each schlong has 3, and they have to match.

I would do this by making all your changes in a patch, in TES5Edit. Then you'll be able to clearly see what you've changed.

2 hours ago, Ryokentaru said:

The first is that I discovered every Canine race uses the Vaalsark texture for the actual dick itself, and Felines use Khajiit. This is likely due to the fact that the .nif references that one by default, but the AA formlist in CK is clearly overwriting the other two parts of the .nif (the sheath and the shag) so I have no idea why it doesn't touch that one.

The skin texture override for character/body meshes only works on NiTriShapes that have their shader type set to "Skin Tint"; it's also the shader type required for the skin tint to also apply to said NiTriShapes, as the name implies.

The dick is set to "Default" shader type and has a red specular color in the data, probably done so to make sure skin tint doesn't apply to it and change the tone and it stays fleshy red no matter what (which is a good point, as most skin tints will make base reds not look red anymore). Problem with that, as said above, is the skin texture override doesn't work on it because it doesn't use the Skin Tint shader.

Since it has the Default shader, it's just like any other non-body worn mesh out there (e.g. clothing, armor pieces) as far as the game knows, so you could try using the standard mesh texture swap system to get the proper textures. Just check the AA of any texture-swapped vanilla outfit like mage or vampire robes and see if you can replicate it. But remember to leave the skin texture override untouched, as that one is still valid for the sheath NiTriShape itself.

starting a new game causes SOS to freak out about the Anthro and Sheath schlongs (and only those two, slit and female schlongs are fine apparently) saying that they're dirty and will refuse to load them. I didn't even touch the Anthro schlongs so that just raises further questions.

The problem here is the CK. The CK sucks. It's crap. Never use the CK unless there's literally no other choice, because otherwise you will get shit like this, where saving a plugin causes it to break stuff you didn't even touch at all. Hell, just loading a plugin and saving it without making any changes can break them anyway.

Make the changes using xEdit instead, that way you can prevent the plugin from being broken by the CK.

One specific thing about the CK is that if you are editing a mod that uses an ESP as master (that does not have the "master" flag set), CK will quietly zero out all references to records in that mod when you save. Fun times.

Current plans: I've been doing bits and pieces with revealing armors and furrifying more things while running a lion character through the game. I'll be totally offline for two weeks starting this weekend. When I get back, likely I'll post everything I've been fiddling with.

Then I'll see if I can get SE running for reals on my machine. The last Windows update broke oldrim CK on my machine and I might just move on. If I can get SE going then I'll see if I can get SE versions of Real Flying and Dragon Wings working on SE. If that happens, then next up will be a bat race., probably as an extension of the Bird Races mod since it will use all the same mechanisms.

All the tools I use go through oldrim formats to get to SE so I don't think I'll leave LE behind.

6 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

The skin texture override for character/body meshes only works on NiTriShapes that have their shader type set to "Skin Tint"; it's also the shader type required for the skin tint to also apply to said NiTriShapes, as the name implies.

The dick is set to "Default" shader type and has a red specular color in the data, probably done so to make sure skin tint doesn't apply to it and change the tone and it stays fleshy red no matter what (which is a good point, as most skin tints will make base reds not look red anymore). Problem with that, as said above, is the skin texture override doesn't work on it because it doesn't use the Skin Tint shader.

Since it has the Default shader, it's just like any other non-body worn mesh out there (e.g. clothing, armor pieces) as far as the game knows, so you could try using the standard mesh texture swap system to get the proper textures. Just check the AA of any texture-swapped vanilla outfit like mage or vampire robes and see if you can replicate it. But remember to leave the skin texture override untouched, as that one is still valid for the sheath NiTriShape itself.

The problem here is the CK. The CK sucks. It's crap. Never use the CK unless there's literally no other choice, because otherwise you will get shit like this, where saving a plugin causes it to break stuff you didn't even touch at all. Hell, just loading a plugin and saving it without making any changes can break them anyway.

Make the changes using xEdit instead, that way you can prevent the plugin from being broken by the CK.

Figures, it would be CK. It's made by Bethesda after all.

I did try setting the shader type for the dick to Skin Tint in Nifskope before I made my post, but it was still loading the Vaalsark texture, so I figured that was just wrong. I'll go get xEdit though and see if I have success with that. If it can make the same changes CK can, just without breaking shit, then we're golden.

Thanks for the help btw (also you Bad Dog, I read your post as well) I'm new to any sort of modding beyond editing textures so trying to understand how and why Skyrim handles things the way it does through trial and error has been...testing, to say the least.

4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Current plans: I've been doing bits and pieces with revealing armors and furrifying more things while running a lion character through the game. I'll be totally offline for two weeks starting this weekend. When I get back, likely I'll post everything I've been fiddling with.

Any chance you could post a quick rundown of what's coming so far? I understand it will be subject to change and stuff and nothing will be for sure until you're back and actually post it all, but it would be nice to know what may be coming to plan in advance.

I'm not good at tracking what I do, but here's what I've got.

Skimpy

* Manikins get a crotch plate to cover the SOS hole

* Removed more torso parts off the vampires

* Various Bruma and Reach armors

YA

* Less shiny skulls

* Reduced the specular for most of the races to be more ENB-friendly

* Dogface boneman

* Less shiny speculars on Lykaios

* Coins

* Table thralls

* Furrified statues in Bruma

On 8/27/2019 at 5:29 AM, Bad Dog said:

Over the revs I've been softening up the sides of the paws so they're less vertical, more rounded.

I think I misunderstood what you said. I interpreted "over the revs" as you are over the revisions, done with them. However, you did not respond to my last reply. Can you clarify? Although I now assume that isn't the case.

Well, I got my project working (mostly) and it turns out CK is as crap as Blaze said. I had zero complaints from SOS, doing the exact same edits in xEdit.

The one thing I couldn't solve was that the Snow Leopards are using the Tiger texture for some reason, but I can't find a single armor addon or texture set that's doing this, so I have no idea what force is responsible.

As for what I have accomplished, gentlemen, behold!:

Spoiler

730885835_RainbowofDicks.thumb.png.41fee7cdbe1ce2b5519d607ffedcc7fd.png

Dicks!

I know it's just a really simple edit that most of the modders here could make with their hands tied, but I learned stuff so I feel accomplished.

12 minutes ago, Ryokentaru said:

The one thing I couldn't solve was that the Snow Leopards are using the Tiger texture for some reason, but I can't find a single armor addon or texture set that's doing this, so I have no idea what force is responsible.

Sneps use Wood Elves as their vanilla armor race reference, so unless they are given an entirely new and separate "Snow Elf Sheath" SOS addon, they will always use the same ArmorAddons as Wood Elves/Tigers no matter what. So there ain't much to be done about that.

I'm fairly certain you've not bothered with M'rissi since she's this smooth skinned khajiit hybrid. I've been doing some thinking about how to make her work in new yiffy age lore. IIRC, none or few of the audio lines (at least in the tiny bit i've played so far) reference her being made to be what, elf-like? Perhaps just make it so sadistic elf lady is bald/humanlike herself, and do small rectons to the lorebooks to show she's done experiments on herself prior to messing with M'rissi. Alternatively, I'd like to just put digitigrade feet on her so that she doesn't have the freaky stretched plantigrade feet, even if there's a texture mismatch. Is swapping the foot texture something I can do myself? My knowledge of patching mods is next to nil, since i'm not a modder myself.

Finally got Skyrim fully sorted and stable (actually more stable than FO4 by far now - go figure), and playing through, I am amazed at just how well the NPC have been converted. Aela's warpaint for example looks fantastic, and still fully recognisable as herself. As do pretty much all NPC that I've come across so far (started as "camping in the woods" this time).

On 8/24/2019 at 9:18 PM, NightroModzz said:

You can expect most of the big expansion DLC mods to be more SSE focused and maybe ported to Oldrim such as Skywind, Skyblivion, etc. Not the other way around. Likely because 64-bit can handle expansion mods better. I think becoming more SSE focused by 2020 would be a good idea.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Skyblivion was already ported to SSE. So that's pretty much confirmation from both the Beyond Skyrim team, and the Rebelzize team.

Nope.

The only team snubbing LE is Beyond, and secondly SSE doesn't handle SMP for shit, which is where custom races live.

On 9/4/2019 at 1:45 AM, Ginzored said:

Hey Bad Dog? Have I ever mentioned that I love this mod? No seriously I love it. the easiest mod I have that can convert to SSE and the LE original isn't broken. Right now you are my freakin hero.

Curious: How'd you get the female goddess statues to be not missing?

Could I get a little help, please?

I've had this mod before, but never this particular problem. It works fine, until I become a vampire. Then my head is furry, but not the rest of me. Also, orcs don't have bodies once their naked. I've gone as far as removing YA and all its parts, making sure every other mod I want is active, then putting YA back, but to no avail. I try it on a new save every time and can't figure it out. Here is my load order

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     RaceCompatibility.esm
  6  6     Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
  7  7     SexLab.esm
  8  8     HighResTexturePack01.esp
  9  9     HighResTexturePack02.esp
 10  a     HighResTexturePack03.esp
 11  b     Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
 12  c     better dogs by bellyache - vigilance husky.esp
 13  d     YiffyAgeConsolidated.esp
 14  e     Naked Stuff of Skyrim.esp
 15  f     0Kaidan.esp
 16 10     SuperVamp.esp
 17 11     FNIS.esp
 18 12     FNISspells.esp
 19 13     Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
 20 14     SexLab Submit.esp
 21 15     ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp
 22 16     SkyUI.esp
 23 17     SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
 24 18     SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
 25 19     Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
 26 1a     Alternate Start -- New Beginnings.esp

It has to be here, but I'm like a C- student at this. If it's a matter of moving YA down, I'm not sure how. Please help!

EDIT: To be more specific, human bodies, but with sheaths attached. Orcs become invisible from the neck down whether vampire or not.

29 minutes ago, redhexmaster said:

Here is my load order

You have to disable "SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp" and "SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp", those are not compatible with YA. Also dump Bethesda's HighRes Texture pack, it's pretty buggy, it impacts performance and the "high res" textures are mostly just upscaled vanilla ones so there's no actual quality gain to make up for the downsides.

If it's a matter of moving YA down, I'm not sure how. Please help!

It is indeed a matter of making sure YA loads last. And what do you mean "how"? You make sure the plugin list is sorted by priority, and then drag "YiffyAgeConsolidated.esp" until it's at the bottom.

If you actually can't adjust the load order manually, that means you are using Vortex, in which case drop that steaming pile of crap like, yesterday, and install a proper mod manager, i.e. Mod Organizer 2. There's plenty of tutorials on Youtube on how to get MO2 installed and running, that should get you started.