10 minutes ago, gaotseun said:

hi :)

would it be possible to run this mod with SE version?

If you had bothered to go back a single page in the thread, you would have seen it's been discussed several times already in the last few days, with the latest comment about it being made by me:

On 11/26/2018 at 7:52 PM, Blaze69 said:

[...] the consensus is Bad Dog intends to look into a SE port not long after YA 5.0 is out (which in turn should happen before the end of the year as per his ETA). [...]

For fuck's sake, people, read the damn thread (or at least the last few pages) before you ask something to see if it's been replied already. Is it really so hard?

7 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

If you had bothered to go back a single page in the thread, you would have seen it's been discussed several times already in the last few days, with the latest comment about it being made by me:

For fuck's sake, people, read the damn thread (or at least the last few pages) before you ask something to see if it's been replied already. Is it really so hard? 

If I may add

Or or, on Nexus, read 2 or three posts bellow you, or the damn sticky post! If only people weren't so lazy, they'd save themselves time too. Or better yet, press [Ctrl]+[F] and be amazed.

I am so freaking burnt out right now. That thing I wrote upthread about hoping I wasn't going to get sucked into redoing all the heads? So I got sucked into redoing all the heads. And they're whupping my ass.

I have a nif which I can load into OS, export as an OBJ, load the EXACT SAME OBJ back into OS, and the verts are spazzed out all over the place.

I cannot figure out how the khajiit head textures work. The ruff and neck overlap, the whole thing is weirdly partially transparent, but somehow you end up with a fringed edge on the ruff but not on the neck. I've tried everything I can think of and can't duplicate the behavior. I even moved the edge of the neck UV up so the ruff could use the fringed edge and the neck wouldn't have to. Didn't work. 

Weights are okay, but the edge of the ruff is still moving with the head even tho I set all those weights to 0.

I was going to go with one nif file and a races tri, and that was working, but with my new nif it doesn't. Head doesn't show up at all. Don't know why. So I'm generating individual heads. 

I'm remaking the normals now. I'll have to remake the tint masks, but that's fast. I wish I could say that the result is clearly better but at this point I'm just not sure.

I was able to go through all the ear expression morphs and clean them up (and they needed it). I matched KK's "puzzled" expression (you can see it on Vilkas upthread) so jewelry would work for Nords and the rest of the races. Now I can finish jewelry tris, which was the motivation for doing all that work in the first place. 

4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I cannot figure out how the khajiit head textures work. The ruff and neck overlap, the whole thing is weirdly partially transparent, but somehow you end up with a fringed edge on the ruff but not on the neck. I've tried everything I can think of and can't duplicate the behavior. I even moved the edge of the neck UV up so the ruff could use the fringed edge and the neck wouldn't have to. Didn't work. 

I think they use special alpha properties to achieve that effect. If you check out the alpha channel in those textures, the fringed edge shape is in there. Couple that with some specific values for the NiAlphaProperty and/or the Alpha value in the vertex color data, and that may explain how the effect works.

On 11/27/2018 at 11:23 AM, Bad Dog said:

Now I just have to restrain myself from redoing the UVs and the textures on every damn race in Skyrim.

No reason not to, the more the game looks like it should, the more people whom are engaged to continue supporting it. TES VI is four years away AT BEST.

11 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

That thing I wrote upthread about hoping I wasn't going to get sucked into redoing all the heads? So I got sucked into redoing all the heads. And they're whupping my ass.

"So you know that thing I said I wasn't going to do? ...well, I'm doing it."

I can totally relate to that, I do it all the time lol

I wish you luck with all that, I'd help but I know absolutely nothing about modeling.

11 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I am so freaking burnt out right now. That thing I wrote upthread about hoping I wasn't going to get sucked into redoing all the heads? So I got sucked into redoing all the heads. And they're whupping my ass.

Define redoing the heads? The Citrus heads aren't doing it for me either. I planned on just doing a half assed job fixing the Khajiit morphs for the next KO update. Too many polygons on the ears, and a terrible shape with a low polycount in the nose area.

So now I plan to make a new head model (topology) for the male and female in about 3 months. It would be easier making new morphs with a head that's better to work with, than it is fixing the Citrus head morphs, plus using the ZBrush "Layers" feature to combine individual morphs would make the process even faster.

Okay, yes, the khajiit heads have vertex colors with the alpha channel set to something other than 1 in the ruff area. That's probably the thing. blender hasn't got good support for adjusting vertex alpha tho.

Nightro, if you're going to play with adjusting polycount find the equivalent of blender shapekeys and use the hell out of it. It's been fantastic for me. I have the basic head loaded up with all the morphs (expression, chargen, and races) and do all my work there. Then I can just generate all the tris (and nifs) off the one mesh. I know they'll work together and I know if I create or combine vertices all the morphs will work.

What I've done with them: Clean up the UVs a bunch. I have pretty clean UVs now, with pretty much clean lines. Nothing folded back on itself. The disconnected faces on the female head are connected. The ruff area overlaps the neck area so the top of the ruff UV lies on top of the neck UV about where the top of the ruff touches the top of the neck. The ruff has to be some distorted, but I've reduced it as much as I can. 

I've also cleaned up the tris a bunch. More snarly anger (animals bare canines), fear with the ears back (animals again), whiskers follow the point they attach to, anger on the ears doesn't look like they were put through a blender.  Play with the expression morphs before you decide the ears have too many polys, I have been finding reasons to have more not fewer.

Happy to have you use my work as a starting point if it's helpful.

27X, yeah, ordering was the same because it was all generated from the same mesh in blender using tools that don't muck up order. (Anton is my BFF)

The equivalent is ZBrush Layers, or Maya's BlendMorphs. Not sure about Nifs, I can just separate them into OBJs and have Blaze pack them up into a tri file, likely with Bidyslide.

I'm pretty much going to do it from scratch without the neck ruff, and may use your UVs as a reference. The ears will have a high polycount, but not as much as the Citrus head. It will include a new mouth, and by that time, new hands and feet as well.

Right now, I'm pretty much close finalizing my human models leg topology from the waist down, so I will have full body normal maps for the female as well. The body mesh won't be included though.

14 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I have a nif which I can load into OS, export as an OBJ, load the EXACT SAME OBJ back into OS, and the verts are spazzed out all over the place.

OS doesn't re-order the verts when importing a NIF's data I'm pretty sure, but does when importing an OBJ's data.  So,  the NIF has a face list that isn't in the ascending order I've mentioned a bunch,  then when you export/import the OBJs,  Outfit studio re-orders the verts on import so they don't match.

How one gets around that problem depends on the intent of the work being done.

Ok..  3rd reply to myself, sorry..   Looking at the OS code again just now , someone else complained about this last year,  but specifically related to the importing of slider data onto an already-imported mesh in OS:

https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/issues/156 ]

A fix was created that specifically ignores the facelist order and keeps the actual V order when importing,  by using an import option called "no faces":

https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/commit/d05ab360dae7e1cb6bf968dfb2d5303b574144ad#diff-a9deb0b7b91eab12633e63b7e815958a ]

I'm not 100% sure what you're doing in Outfit Studio,  but looking at the code now,  if you select the option "no faces" on importing an OBJ,  it will indeed keep the V order on import,  but do literally what it says here,  not import faces..  If you're just importing slider data,  that doesn't matter since all that is cared about is the offset of V position from alread0imported mesh's V position. However,  if one is importing a mesh newly, and does want the faces, you cannot use that option,  and the import will still reorder V on the order encountered in the face list.

Just looking at the OBJ import code,  this looks easy to change. I do not know if changing this then breaks assertions the program has in other areas about the order it would then have the data structures in.  Only way to know is to try it, hehe.

Just saw this post in a Reddit /r/skyrimmods thread asking on how to get NPCs to not look like ass:

Skysights for sexy dudes, if you want some equal opportunity. There aren't many male beauty mods, so enjoy. ^_^

I think 99% of Skyrim players (the ones still playing at least) are straight guys... there's even mods to make all the males into females, for your total lesborama enjoyment.

I kinda wonder if anyone has full-blown all-furry NPC overhauls now, with only beast races. Probably... over on Lovers Lab, I suspect?

"Oh, sweet summer child" moment... or veiled reference to YA? Times like these is when I regret not having a Reddit account. Then again, I'm too lazy to create one, and even if I did I'll probably end up wasting my time on /tr/furry_irl (even more than I do already, I mean).

Anyway, now I'm curious: has anybody seen any references to YA or any other of Bad Dog's/Nightro's/my mods somewhere else (that isn't LL)? I think I recall seeing a comment about BD's Compleat Khajiit/Digi Feet in an E6 pic of a Khajiit character of all places, but that's it.

37 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Anyway, now I'm curious: has anybody seen any references to YA or any other of Bad Dog's/Nightro's/my mods somewhere else (that isn't LL)? I think I recall seeing a comment about BD's Compleat Khajiit/Digi Feet in an E6 pic of a Khajiit character of all places, but that's it.

Search google in quotes> add a time line> check brief description for desired keyword(s) in bold> click on site> press [ctrl]+[F]> enter keyword(s) and scroll for the highlighted word(s).

48 minutes ago, NightroModzz said:

Search google in quotes> add a time line> check brief description for desired keyword(s) in bold> click on site> press [ctrl]+[F]> enter keyword(s) and scroll for the highlighted word(s).

I mean, I know how Google works, I was asking whether people had randomly come across references to YA or our mods elsewhere. Of course I'm going to find any mentions of it (if any) if I search for them, but it's different when it's simply unexpected like that Reddit post I quoted or the E6 pic I mention.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

https://e621.net/post/show/1170026

Dye Violetly:

And yet, I installed Yiff Age in my Skyrim, and the digitigrade animation is pretty spot on. And that was fan made.

https://twitter.com/nexussites/status/876952838496280576?lang=en

Nexus Mods

"Shark Race" for #Skyrim. I'm not even really sure what to say. What will they think of next?

me thinking: "a lot of things.....just not on nexus?"

54 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

Yup, that was the one. I think I remember someone esle posting about it here first, though (and I still think that armor is neat).

Side note, the artist's other stuff is neat as well, I like the fur effect on those and the fact that the faces/heads are mostly realistic(ish) looking. Shame there isn't that much of it, though.

54 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

https://twitter.com/nexussites/status/876952838496280576?lang=en

me thinking: "a lot of things.....just not on nexus?"

At least they let you know before they do that with a post in the mod's comment section.

On one hand, it's true I went overboard with the shark boobs there (it was the first mod I posted, though, so I had an excuse for that), and looking back on the (female) models from back then makes me cringe a bit, just like the cartoony heads did when those ones were created.

On the other hand, yeah, screw them. Furries exist, even the vanilla game has Khajiit and Argonians, and new races are all but guaranteed to happen, get over it. And it's not like they don't want the network traffic we bring to their page for that sweet ad revenue.

Anyway, I'm planning to release the SE version of the race sometime soon, and on top on trying to keep the tone and the images "cleaner" as I did for the updated pics in the main version, I'm going to see if I can post the mod as non-adult (gotta check the guidelines just in case). Hopefully it will reach a bigger audience that way and would keep the "ewww" factor to a minimum.

/off-topic

8 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Just saw this post in a Reddit /r/skyrimmods thread asking on how to get NPCs to not look like ass:

"Oh, sweet summer child" moment... or veiled reference to YA? Times like these is when I regret not having a Reddit account. Then again, I'm too lazy to create one, and even if I did I'll probably end up wasting my time on /tr/furry_irl (even more than I do already, I mean).

I have a Reddit account. Point me to the thread and what you wish to relay and I can post it for ya.

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

i got no warnings, they blatantly deleted everything just because i put a dick on a female werewolf.

I was talking about the Twitter post, they usually let you know about it before they post it; but... Really? They just deleted it with no warnings or further info? If so, that sucks.

(BTW I didn't know you had mods in the Nexus even if they are no longer there).

1 hour ago, Shadowscale said:

I have a Reddit account. Point me to the thread and what you wish to relay and I can post it for ya.

Nah, the post is several hours old by now, it wouldn't make sense to reply now. But thanks for the offer, I guess.

Also ouch, double post.