1 hour ago, RetroBear said:

Yeah. I don't have SE but I do have Skyrim VR     Wont let me run it outright from bethesda net launcher

I had no issue downloading the SE creation kit without SE installed. I do have SE on steam but it's not installed anywhere. I vaguely remember renaming the skyrimvr.exe to trick it, that might have been for creation kit.

CK runs without any checks once downloaded though, if you can find a copy of it and paste it in, it should work.

I've been trying to get this ported into VR myself but the current roadblock is, game crashes immediately on loading screen. This happens when loading the "press a button to continue" room that SkryimVR loads initially (aka VRPlayRoom). You can disable VRPlayRoom via a .ini edit, which allows the game to load up to start screen, but upon clicking new game / load it immediately CTDs with no additional stuff put in the papyrus log. Same CTD happens when trying to load qasmoke via console (coc qasmoke)

This could also be related to the fact that PapyrusUtil is not yet ported to VR, SKSE-VR completely rejects its .dll if you check the SKSE log. The PapyrusUtilSE devs are apparently working on a VR build though, hopefully that comes out soon. It might also be able to hack together a very basic build that doesnt require PapyrusUtil. At least the races might work. Probably very little chance of any sexlab/SOS stuff working in VR in its current state though. I didn't realize SKSE-VR requires vr specific builds of every SKSE plugin dll. Which is bad

Register custom animation events isnt ported to SE either, let alone VR. The source is available, but it requires on something called "libSKSE" which is a 3rd party API extension that also hasn't been updated to SE (or VR). And on top of that RCAE hooks a few functions its self, so those offsets would need to be updated. I looked through the YA script sources and it seems RCAE is mainly used for SOS animations, but also a few idle animation fixes. I've removed all RACE references and recompiled the scripts which should work, but will probably cause major problems with SOS/sexlab

Another thing worth mentioning, it might not cause problems but there are some references to unofficial skyrim patch scripts in YA according to the papyrus log, installing
USSEP makes those errors go away

2 hours ago, PaulGreen said:

The SSE game will not use some older DDS compression types,  and CK complains about uncompressed textures, though they will still work in the game.

I'm not very familiar with the state of DDS compression, however it seems like the idea is that the new BC7 compression algorithm can compress textures very well, while maintaining nearly the quality of uncompressed textures, while also having the advantage of laying out the data structure of the file to optomize for graphic hardware (which uncompressed cannot do). So, there can supposedly be a significant increase in texture rendering speed over uncompressed to use any of the DDS compressions,  then if BC7 is nearly as good, probably should use that.

However, gimp plugin and any older plugins have no support for BC7. I understand that, to make the game work or the CK not complain,  one should just use BC3 compression for color textures with alpha and BC1 for color textures without an alpha (BC1 vs BC3 in RGB part is exactly the same, only slpha is different),  and then BC5 for normal maps,  which can be done from gimp.  However, the but best option is to use BC7 which gimp and other older plugins cannot do.

Note, do NOT use BC5 for color maps,  ONLY for normal maps..  it throws away one of the color channels as part of its technique.

Info on compression formats:

[ http://www.reedbeta.com/blog/understanding-bcn-texture-compression-formats/ ]

INtel photoshop DDS plugin which can do BC6/7:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-texture-works-plugin ]

However, microsoft has also released a command-line tool that can do this conversion to BC7:

Github project:

https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex ]

Latest pre-compiler release:

https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex/releases/tag/aug2018b ]

You can use this something like

[ texconv.exe -o outputdirectory -ft dds -f BC7_UNORM * ]  to convert all the files in a directory of known types (BMP JPG JPEG PNG DDS TGA HDR TIF TIFF WDP HDP JXR) into dds with BC7 and output to directory outputdirectory.  There are also options to just recusively go through every subdirectory and replace existing files with newly compressed versions.

If files are already in a format SSE knows and CK doesn't complain about, there is no point in re-compressing. It'll just lose even more color data in the compression.

Some more possibly useful discussion I randomly found, no idea about validity usefulness of the tool linked.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/8p4g98/bc7_dds_batch_compression_tool_texconvgui/ ]

I've been compressing all the textures using DXT1, which seems to make Nif Optimizer happy at least. Does DXT1 cut it or is BCn compression required?

3 hours ago, aera said:

Register custom animation events isnt ported to SE either, let alone VR. The source is available, but it requires on something called "libSKSE" which is a 3rd party API extension that also hasn't been updated to SE (or VR). And on top of that RCAE hooks a few functions its self, so those offsets would need to be updated. I looked through the YA script sources and it seems RCAE is mainly used for SOS animations, but also a few idle animation fixes. I've removed all RACE references and recompiled the scripts which should work, but will probably cause major problems with SOS/sexlab

I forgot that RCAE was a compatibility problem. I simply removed it and haven't seen any adverse affects. I've even used it with the sexlab debug spells (that just immediately starts a sex scene) and it all worked. The schlong just goes fully erect right away.

31 minutes ago, ShadowKitty42 said:

I forgot that RCAE was a compatibility problem. I simply removed it and haven't seen any adverse affects. I've even used it with the sexlab debug spells (that just immediately starts a sex scene) and it all worked. The schlong just goes fully erect right away.

Good to know, probably the same thing with PapyrusUtil, I have a feeling my crash is related to bad mesh data, if it was script related it would likely put something in the log. It seems like this is so close to working though, if you were able to get it semi-working in SE, even without the script mod requirements it should be able to get into qasmoke in VR.

I've tested it with all YA scripts removed too and it crashes in the same way. Wish it was easier to debug a CTD.

I did try attaching x64dbg, and it seems to crash due to an access violation, dealing with data related to HeadNord. But that could be leading me in the wrong direction, x64dbg isnt exactly a standard way to debug skyrim mods

3 minutes ago, aera said:

Good to know, probably the same thing with PapyrusUtil, I have a feeling my crash is related to bad mesh data, if it was script related it would likely put something in the log. It seems like this is so close to working though, if you were able to get it semi-working in SE, even without the script mod requirements it should be able to get into qasmoke in VR.

I've tested it with all YA scripts removed too and it crashes in the same way. Wish it was easier to debug a CTD.

I did try attaching x64dbg, and it seems to crash due to an access violation, dealing with data related to HeadNord. But that could be leading me in the wrong direction, x64dbg isnt exactly a standard way to debug skyrim mods

When you used NIF Optimizer to convert the meshes, did you separate out the head parts and use the "head parts only" option on them?

@Anybody working on SE and VR ports: Seeing how YA 5.0 is relatively close by now (pretty sure Bad Dog said he still aimed for a release before the end of the year) and I think BD also said he would look into a SSE port not long after the update drops, wouldn't it make more sense to wait for the update to drop before doing any more work on a SSE (and VR) port?

If the issue is caused by some rogue mesh, it may be fixed in 5.0, and even if that's not the case, all of the work would have to be done again on the 5.0 files. Even if you don't want to wait for Bad Dog to port the mod to SE himself (or would rather start working on the port right away so you can give him all the info to speed things up), I'd say you should at least wait for YA 5.0 to drop before going any further.

Just my two cents, though.

3 hours ago, aera said:

I've been compressing all the textures using DXT1, which seems to make Nif Optimizer happy at least. Does DXT1 cut it or is BCn compression required?

BC1, 2 and 3 are equivalent to the old DXT formats, but if you've been compressing everything with DXT1/BC1 you've been crushing the alpha channel of your normal maps down to 1 bit maps. It works for RGB, though at a much greater filesize and without the supposed performance benefit you would get with the newer BC7 format SE supports. Use BC3/DXT3 for maps with alpha to get a full 8 bit alpha if you can't use BC7.

1 hour ago, mxwqtkl said:

BC1, 2 and 3 are equivalent to the old DXT formats, but if you've been compressing everything with DXT1/BC1 you've been crushing the alpha channel of your normal maps down to 1 bit maps. It works for RGB, though at a much greater filesize and without the supposed performance benefit you would get with the newer BC7 format SE supports. Use BC3/DXT3 for maps with alpha to get a full 8 bit alpha if you can't use BC7.

Good to know, nvidia texture tools isn't an option then because from what I can tell it only supports DXT1.
So far only 1 of the textures I converted had an alpha channel though (And from what I saw of the actual texture, I think it wasn't supposed to have an alpha channel)

1 hour ago, ShadowKitty42 said:

When you used NIF Optimizer to convert the meshes, did you separate out the head parts and use the "head parts only" option on them?

No, I just batch converted them all but I'm going to try a few things

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

@Anybody working on SE and VR ports: Seeing how YA 5.0 is relatively close by now (pretty sure Bad Dog said he still aimed for a release before the end of the year) and I think BD also said he would look into a SSE port not long after the update drops, wouldn't it make more sense to wait for the update to drop before doing any more work on a SSE (and VR) port?

If the issue is caused by some rogue mesh, it may be fixed in 5.0, and even if that's not the case, all of the work would have to be done again on the 5.0 files. Even if you don't want to wait for Bad Dog to port the mod to SE himself (or would rather start working on the port right away so you can give him all the info to speed things up), I'd say you should at least wait for YA 5.0 to drop before going any further.

You're probably right, and I really apprecate all the work BD is doing, cant wait for 5.0

The problem is I'm super impatient and I've got a lot of free time this week. It's probably a waste of time trying to get 4.2 working in VR but I'm happy to try as long as BD doesn't have a problem with it. And who knows, maybe something we find might end up making things easier for the official SE port

4 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Yeah, I agree, ya'll will just have to do this whole process again when v5.0 drops. Just wait for v5.0 to drop before going any further, it'd be easier that way. Afterwards, you should lend Bad Dog a hand with his own port instead of making three or four self-made ports.

VR ports

You know, I actually forgot that useless port of SE actually exists. XD A SE port should work on both though, although I'm not 100% sure.

Though I'm still trying to diagnose seemingly random CTDs, I do have a mildly irritating YAOS bug, involving invisible ankles on lots of NPCs and wrist seams on ALL models for everyone.
I can post a load order and modlist if desired, but if it's an easy fix  I'd rather not burden folks. (Though, help with the CTDs would be great; I feel a separate topic would probably be better?)

EDIT:

Other issues I have:
random frame-freezes where input is still accepted and sound still works, as does gameplay...but the game's frame freezes where it is permanently. (Alt tabbing crashes it)

^ same but on a load screen

Infinite load screen bugs sometimes too

None of my major game breaking errors, are consistent either.

Load order

Spoiler

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
BadDogSchlongCore.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
FNIS.esp
SkyUI.esp
FISS.esp
SkyTweak.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation Merged.esp
NPCsUseAmmoAllBows.esp
SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.esp
SkyFalls Dragonborn Small waterfalls.esp
EnhancedWetnessandPuddles.esp
ORM-Arvak.esp
IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
Elemental Staves.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons v2.0.esp
Point The Way.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
BeastDragonPriestMasks.esp
fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp
UnreadBooksGlow.esp
DivinePunishmentForArrowsToTheKnee.esp
DaedricPunishmentForSweetrolls.esp
DragonPunishmentForCloudDistrict.esp
Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp
Dead Body Collision.esp
Realistic AI Detection 2 - High Interior, High Exterior.esp
RealisticHumanoidMovementSpeed.esp
sandboxcylinderheight.esp
immersive roads.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFX - Hardcore.esp
ELFX - Weathers.esp
ETaC - Complete.esp
ETaC - Complete ELFX Patch.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
DragonPriestMaskJournal.esp
Dragon Soul Relinquishment.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
XPMSE.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Thalmor, only use elven weapons & armor IW..esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
EnchantedArsenal.esp
Populated Lands Roads Paths Legendary.esp
DIVERSE SKYRIM.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
disenchantment_font.esp
Elemental Destruction.esp
chfshImbuedSword.esp
crimsonquestmarkers.esp
SimplyKnock.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Footprints.esp
BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
SoundsofSkyrimComplete.esp
SoS_ELFX+Hardcore+Weathers_Patch.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp
HornyCreatures.esp
YiffyAgeConsolidated.esp
YiffyAgeUSLEEPPatch.esp
YiffyAgeSchlongs.esp
YiffyAgeCuttingRoomFloor.esp
YiffyAgeDiverseSkyrim.esp
YiffyAgePopulatedLegendPatch.esp
Cloaks.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
SOS - Revealing Armors.esp
Remodeled Armor - Underwear.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
BDSkimpyClothes.esp
Commoner Belts.esp
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp
UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp
UFO - Dragonborn AddOn.esp
Random Alternate Start.esp
RAS - Riverwood CharGen.esp
SexLabMatchMaker.esp
UIExtensions.esp
SexLabTools.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp

SKSE.ini:

Spoiler

[General]
EnableDiagnostics=1
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048
[Memory]
defaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024
scrapHeapSizeMB=256
[Debug]
WriteMiniDumps=1

Skyrim.ini

Spoiler

[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH

uExterior Cell Buffer=36

sIntroSequence=

iLargeIntRefCount=999999

[Display]
fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0
fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=1024
bAllowScreenshot=1

iTexMipMapSkip=0

fSunUpdateThreshold=0.0500
fSunShadowUpdateTime=0.0000

fShadowDistance=1000.0000
fShadowBiasScale=0.6000
iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=512
fInteriorShadowDistance=2000.0000
iShadowMapResolution=512

[Audio]
fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0
fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0
fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0
fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0

[Grass]
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=1

iMinGrassSize=40

[GeneralWarnings]
SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

[Combat]
fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0
fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.2
f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.2

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=2
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.6
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000.0
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1
iMaxMemoryPageSize=4096
iMinMemoryPageSize=256
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=256000000
[Water]
bReflectLODObjects=1
bReflectLODLand=1
bReflectSky=1
bReflectLODTrees=1

iWaterReflectWidth=1024
iWaterReflectHeight=1024

[Actor]
fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=12288.0000

[Particles]
iMaxDesired=750

I should note that none of the log files are particularly helpful for finding the cause for these freezes and crashes, as they seem to indicate the game is running as normal
My system is also not being overtaxed...in fact it's hardly trying at all while running the game.

Edit2:

Well, I did find one consistent crash: any time I enable RAS - Riverwood CarGen.esp, the game -always- crashes loading character generation.

In fact most of my crashes, seem to occur in more populated areas of the game, especially cities and towns (though I have already disabled ETAC)

Just now, Spunzafoon13 said:

Heres my load order im not sure what i have that could be causing this ive already disabled anything i could think of

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
SexLab.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
Night Eye Overhaul.esm
HentaiPregnancy.esm
Children+SoulGems.esm
BadDogSchlongCore.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
SkyUI.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
RaceMenuOverlays.esp
Perk Points at Skill Levels 50-75-100.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - High.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Medium.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Reduced.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
XPMSE.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
HarvestOverhaulCreatures.esp
YiffyAgeConsolidated.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
FNISSexyMove.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
UIExtensions.esp
Remodeled Armor - Underwear.esp
BAMM.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
KS Hairdos - HDT.esp
HarvestOverhaul.esp
HDTTailsEquipable.esp
Thief skills rebalance for Ordinator.esp
SED7-CBBE3-BM_ALLin1-EDITION.esp
CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
ELFX - Weathers.esp
SexLab_Solutions.esp
YiffyAgeUSLEEPPatch.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
Artifact Disenchanting.esp
imp_helm_legend.esp
CWIELnFXPatch.esp
Remove Interior Fog V2 - Full Version.esp
Northern Priestess - EX.esp
hearthfireextended.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
Lost Magic.esp
Immersive Patrols II.esp
SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp
RiverwoodHome.esp
SOS - Shop.esp
FNISspells.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp
HDT Piercingsets.esp
Artifact Disenchanting - Dawnguard.esp
MF_RadiantProstitution.esp
DigitigradeKhajiit+ArgonianRaptor.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
Artifact Disenchanting - Dragonborn.esp
_tck_SpellCrafting.esp
SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp
FNIS.esp
LykaiosRace.esp
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
AnubAnimObj.esp
SLALAnimObj.esp
NEO Longer Lasting Potions.esp
NEO Persistent Spell.esp
NEO Tint 8.esp
Night Eye Overhaul.esp
PC Head Tracking - MCM.esp
PC Head Tracking - Patch.esp
RDO - USLEEP Patch.esp
CWIOrdinatorPatch.esp
Imperious - Races of Skyrim.esp
YiffyAgeImperious.esp
YiffyAgeCollegeImmersivePatch.esp
YiffyAgeSchlongs.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

10 minutes ago, Spunzafoon13 said:

Heres my load order im not sure what i have that could be causing this ive already disabled anything i could think of

Realistic Ragdolls And Force - It is likely having all those active would cause problems, though I'm not sure of that. Also, RRaF is basically included with XPMSE at this point, so it may not exactly be needed. 

SOS Default Plugins(Muscular And Regular) - It is recommended to disable these with a Yiffy Age setup, since their textures won't match. 

Improved Closefaced Helmets - Yiffy Age includes something like what this mod does already, and using ICH alongside YA is likely causing some conflicts. 

KS Hairdos - HDT - These might work, but not really look very good with Yiffy Age's changes to the vanilla races. 

14 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

Realistic Ragdolls And Force - It is likely having all those active would cause problems, though I'm not sure of that. Also, RRaF is basically included with XPMSE at this point, so it may not exactly be needed. 

SOS Default Plugins(Muscular And Regular) - It is recommended to disable these with a Yiffy Age setup, since their textures won't match. 

Improved Closefaced Helmets - Yiffy Age includes something like what this mod does already, and using ICH alongside YA is likely causing some conflicts. 

KS Hairdos - HDT - These might work, but not really look very good with Yiffy Age's changes to the vanilla races. 

thanks ill try those

47 minutes ago, Spunzafoon13 said:

BadDogSchlongCore.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
SOS - Shop.esp
FNISspells.esp
DigitigradeKhajiit+ArgonianRaptor.esp
LykaiosRace.esp

On top of what Kuroyami said, get rid of these plugins^. They are either useless/deprecated, redundant, or not compatible with YA.

Also the HD Textures "DLC" is bullshit, there is no real improvement over vanilla textures, use a texture replacer mod instead if you want better textures in bulk.

And last, but not least, move all of the YA plugins (including the main YiffyAgeConsolidated.esp) to the bottom of the load order so they load after Imperious, and also put the Alternate Start file above all the YA plugins.

I have a request. I’ve been playing Enderal and there is only 4 races in game based on existing Skyrim races, could someone make the Yiffy Age of Enderal? Enderal is a high quality game with over 100+ hours of content with a fantastic storyline sexlab is said to work in it according to people on this forum. 

23 hours ago, PaulGreen said:

The SSE game will not use some older DDS compression types,  and CK complains about uncompressed textures, though they will still work in the game.

Is this for real? What a pain. I use uncompressed 8.8.8 (not sure how that maps to BC3/5/6/7) for all the MSN files.

Also, face tints require 8.8.8 with no mip maps. What does CK want for them?

I have Photoshop so theoretically I shouldn't have a problem converting to BC7.

23 hours ago, PaulGreen said:

If it is still failing, can send me output file and see if I can see problems.

The problem turned out to be: It's fine to have a hair with a races tri file, but you must then also have a morphs tri file, even if it has no actual morphs in it. 

I'm going through the khajiit hair now, mostly jiggering the hair with earrings to work on all the different races. Except the one with three rings and a piercing in the same ear which just don't fit on the small-eared cats. I'm also bugged by the models where there's hair between the ears but it doesn't respond to the movement of the ears. I'm likely to spend some time fixing that. 

I was almost trapped into doing race morphs for a bunch of the khajiit hair because the forehead shape was off just enough to notice. Then I got smart and adjusted the foreheads.

I'll also adapt at least some of the Lykaios hair to the other animals. Without a race morph, it often stands out from the face stupidly. The manes particularly don't look good.

I'm also trying to adapt the goatee-type beard to foxes and lions, which I think need it. It's a simple mesh but it's taking stupidly long.

Also a bunch of the orc hair can be used as is.

Also I want to adapt some of the humanoid hair. The Ceasar-Augustus hair that General Tullius has, maybe some others. I'll check out the frizz that some of the elves have and see if it looks okay on beasts. And I might make some additional variants using different combinations of the earrings. That's easy once the morphs are loaded in one mesh in blender.

19 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Is this for real? What a pain. I use uncompressed 8.8.8 (not sure how that maps to BC3/5/6/7) for all the MSN files.

Also, face tints require 8.8.8 with no mip maps. What does CK want for them?

I have Photoshop so theoretically I shouldn't have a problem converting to BC7.

The problem turned out to be: It's fine to have a hair with a races tri file, but you must then also have a morphs tri file, even if it has no actual morphs in it. 

I'm going through the khajiit hair now, mostly jiggering the hair with earrings to work on all the different races. Except the one with three rings and a piercing in the same ear which just don't fit on the small-eared cats. I'm also bugged by the models where there's hair between the ears but it doesn't respond to the movement of the ears. I'm likely to spend some time fixing that. 

I was almost trapped into doing race morphs for a bunch of the khajiit hair because the forehead shape was off just enough to notice. Then I got smart and adjusted the foreheads.

I'll also adapt at least some of the Lykaios hair to the other animals. Without a race morph, it often stands out from the face stupidly. The manes particularly don't look good.

I'm also trying to adapt the goatee-type beard to foxes and lions, which I think need it. It's a simple mesh but it's taking stupidly long.

Also a bunch of the orc hair can be used as is.

Also I want to adapt some of the humanoid hair. The Ceasar-Augustus hair that General Tullius has, maybe some others. I'll check out the frizz that some of the elves have and see if it looks okay on beasts. And I might make some additional variants using different combinations of the earrings. That's easy once the morphs are loaded in one mesh in blender.

Sorry. Is that a no for the Enderal then? I don’t know what work would have to be done if every face had to be done by hand. My problem is the dependancys when I run the Enderal Launcher with Yiffy Age of Skyrim it needs Dawnguard.esm Hearthfire.esm Dragonborn.esm. They are put in the Data folder and enabled with all necessary yiffy age files and prerequesites and I get a purple menu with no text when you click New, proceeded by a ctd on loading screen.

Would you ever consider doing work on Skywind and Skyblivion when they are released? That would be a wild ride!

I'm just wondering out of pure curiosity are you planning on making this compatible with special edition any time soon as this looks like one of the most ambitious mods I've seen in a while and I really got excited when I saw it but the only problem is I have special edition,:(  so the only thing I can do is what other people use it while I am left out of the bask of this amazing mod, so if possible can you give confirmation if this will be a reality or the dream of an SE player.

48 minutes ago, Silversammy said:

I'm just wondering out of pure curiosity are you planning on making this compatible with special edition any time soon as this looks like one of the most ambitious mods I've seen in a while and I really got excited when I saw it but the only problem is I have special edition,:(  so the only thing I can do is what other people use it while I am left out of the bask of this amazing mod, so if possible can you give confirmation if this will be a reality or the dream of an SE player.

They are going to wait for 5.0 version before porting.

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

Don't worry about that. The only compression that is no longer supported by SSE is L8 Grayscale, which means you need to resave the YA speculars as DXT1 or uncompressed 8.8.8 (aka RGB8). But those are the only textures that need to be edited, everything else should work fine out of the box.

The new thing about SE is that it also supports the newer BC7 DDS format, which includes compression but it's supposed to be so good that it barely has any quality loss when compared with uncompressed files. In theory you could save MSN files as BC7 instead of uncompressed without having compression artifacts screw up the quality or cause visual bugs. But the only benefit is smaller file size for MSNs, so if you don't want to dabble with the new BC7 format, you can simply skip it and keep them uncompressed.

1 hour ago, Hakaru said:

Sorry. Is that a no for the Enderal then? I don’t know what work would have to be done if every face had to be done by hand. My problem is the dependancys when I run the Enderal Launcher with Yiffy Age of Skyrim it needs Dawnguard.esm Hearthfire.esm Dragonborn.esm. They are put in the Data folder and enabled with all necessary yiffy age files and prerequesites and I get a purple menu with no text when you click New, proceeded by a ctd on loading screen.

As far as I know, Enderal uses a completely different master file from the vanilla one, it just happens to have the same name (Skyrim.esm). Maybe so tools like xEdit work with Enderal out of the box? Anyway, since YA works by editing all the vanilla records (races, NPCs, head parts, armors, etc.) chances are it won't work with Enderal even if you were to get rid of the DLC master dependency.

Pretty sure YA would have to be recreated from scratch for Enderal, so I wouldn't keep my hopes up for now.

1 hour ago, Silversammy said:

If you had bothered to read the last few posts in the thread, you would have noticed that was one of the main points being discussed, and you would have found out the consensus is Bad Dog intends to look into a SE port not long after YA 5.0 is out (which in turn should happen before the end of the year as per his ETA). But I guess you didn't bother, did you?

2 hours ago, Hakaru said:

Sorry. Is that a no for the Enderal then? ...

Would you ever consider doing work on Skywind and Skyblivion when they are released? That would be a wild ride!

Who knows. it would be a whole new project. Maybe after I finish V5 and update all my other mods I might be interested. Not before then.