2 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

I do like the hair. I'd just make his chin a little less...flat.

Inconceivable!  That chin is a fine style so rarely used anymore that I can't for certain remember another place I've seen it, (maybe Nana from Disney's Peter Pan) but it's a striking characteristic look, fun to imagine interesting personalities on top of. 

But that hair bashes that impression of mine across the head.  Why did he do that with it, does this alien dog man think that's stylish?  Well, my preferred fantasy here isn't completely in line with TES fantasy, maybe a very rich weird dog man would wear a slick emo combover, like the human badguy from The Fifth Element.

Never mind me, I always have to disconnect animal-people in settings from every human quirk quirk I can.  I feel rage at Zootopia fanfic writers who add cigarettes to their setting. X< Yuck, why not also dress them in Nike shoes, Monster shirts and rip them from the prior-animal-environment housing to a tropical beach house, drinking Pepsi.

4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I can't believe I'm getting no love for this guy. I think he's dead cute, in a gormless kind of way.

That chin is just wrong, it looks like it doesn't even have enough room for the actual jaw. And IMO the black hyena snout paint/marking doesn't really fit either.

4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

The foxes all seem to have that jutting chin. I'll see if I can fix that.

The flattened muzzle you're objecting to is the Citrus "nose down" morph. I'll see if I can make it look better. For this round I'm trying to use the morphs from the base NPC, on the ground that if they don't look good on the animal head they should be changed until they do. 

Each vanilla race is limited to a certain range of head part slider options, so if you use their vanilla values, sometimes they tend to get the same options all the time (IIRC many Redguards get the "curved" nose shape option, for example). Maybe most Bretons use a mouth/chin shape value that causes that weird shape and that's why you see so many of them.

2 hours ago, Voldearag said:

But that hair bashes that impression of mine across the head.  Why did he do that with it, does this alien dog man think that's stylish?  Well, my preferred fantasy here isn't completely in line with TES fantasy, maybe a very rich weird dog man would wear a slick emo combover, like the human badguy from The Fifth Element.

To be fair, that's one of Kritta's new hairs for the Lykaios and I get the feeling it was meant for females only. Also that one is pretty much the only modern-looking hair, all of the others are more "natural" like manes or dreads or combinations thereof (see the male Panther pics in the image album for another example of Kritta's hairs).

2 hours ago, Voldearag said:

Never mind me, I always have to disconnect animal-people in settings from every human quirk quirk I can.  I feel rage at Zootopia fanfic writers who add cigarettes to their setting. X< Yuck, why not also dress them in Nike shoes, Monster shirts and rip them from the prior-animal-environment housing to a tropical beach house, drinking Pepsi.

Anthros may not be human (gods be praised for that), but chances are they will still use drugs, so I don't see why cigarettes would be out of place. See Elder Scrolls with Khajiit and totally-not-heroin-or-meth skooma.

As for the other stuff, amusingly enough you can do all of that already in Skyrim. Combine Aether Suite with my Modern Clothes mod and one of the tropical scenario mods like GomaPeroLand or Azura's Watch and you're golden, lol.

So the super-flat chin is part of the original Vaalsark head mesh and I've never corrected it. Now that the meshes are mine I'm more willing to make that kind of change. Same with the foxes.

As for the flip hairstyle, that was in KK's male hair folder. But I agree that it doesn't really fit with Skyrim. It's not so bad, maybe, on the younger guys like Erik but generally I'd be okay without it and separating younger and older guys wouldn't be easy. (Could go by voice type, maybe.)

What do people think? Stay or go? 

5 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Each vanilla race is limited to a certain range of head part slider options

I haven't actually looked at this. Have you checked? Each race does have a race morph to set the base head shape and then the character morphs work off of that.

I have considered calculating a race-specific adjustment to normalize the sliders. So if Bretons always use the chin length range 0-5, adjust it so the range is reset to -2.5 - 2.5. It's not really that much work but it seemed like overkill. But maybe I should do that.

Edit: Did a quick check and it turns out NPCs use the full range of the sliders. I didn't check them all, but I dumped the first 10 or so into Excel and did a max/min by race. The only races that don't use the full range are the vampire races, where there simply aren't that many NPCs. So looks like there's no need to re-normalize.

55 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

As for the flip hairstyle, that was in KK's male hair folder. But I agree that it doesn't really fit with Skyrim. It's not so bad, maybe, on the younger guys like Erik but generally I'd be okay without it and separating younger and older guys wouldn't be easy. (Could go by voice type, maybe.)

What do people think? Stay or go?

Huh. The only pics of the hairs that I could find on Kritta's tumblr are of female characters, and I didn't check the actual file to see whether they were in the male folder or not, so I assumed that one was meant for females.

I'd say keep them, but on younger characters. Maybe only assign it to NPCs with the YoungEager voices and maybe the EvenToned/ElfHaughty ones in specific characters that are clearly meant to be younger. But I'm happy as long as the hair itself is available for the player even if no NPCs have it, so your call, I guess.

55 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

I haven't actually looked at this. Have you checked? Each race does have a race morph to set the base head shape and then the character morphs work off of that.

Vanilla race data has a specific set of "X shape" sliders available, so for example Orcs only get Orc noses and Redguards don't get sharp Nord noses. RaceMenu automatically overrides this and has every shape option available for all races, but since the NPC appearance was creating using the vanilla setup, all NPCs of the same race tend to use the same values. Or at least that's what it looks like.

The last Picture of Kara meditating. Simply make her beautiful. More I looking her I only felt I fallen love with her. Why, Why, she don't exist in Real world. Oh, I want marry her. screw social prejudice. I'm woman but Gay marriage are fine!

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Okay, not to take away from Bad Dog's photoshoot, but here are some more pics of my she-wolf Kara by popular demand. (*cough* mostly Kardien *cough*)

This time around it's Akaviri themed, because why not:

Kara_Akaviri_1.png

Hide contents

Kara_Akaviri_2.png

Kara_Akaviri_3.png

Kara_Akaviri_4.png

Kara_Akaviri_5.png

Kara_Akaviri_6.png

Kara_Akaviri_7.png

Kara_Akaviri_8.png

Kara_Akaviri_9.png

2 hours ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

Great pics of Kara, but how did you get the loincloth on a female body? Because I would like to do that 

It's something done for the Shark Race mod, to be included in the next version, the mesh fitted to the UNP shape, and it has support for UUNP Bodyslide too. That includes the armor too, which are Selachii-specific variations on the Blades armor.

On 11/16/2018 at 8:48 AM, Bad Dog said:

Photoshoot!

I decided to go light on LL's server and posted to Google Photos. 

Female hyena bodies aren't right.

Warpaint colors are a bit bright. I brightened them up some because they don't show up as well on fur as they do on skin, but I think I overshot.

Everything looks nice! Black panthers (pun intended) still look a tad too dark, but at least I can see them. Although, if that's as best as you can do on Legendary edition due to lighting limitations, then it should be fine. 

I'm loving all those upgraded fur textures though, looks really nice!

4 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Okay, not to take away from Bad Dog's photoshoot, but here are some more pics of my she-wolf Kara by popular demand. (*cough* mostly Kardien *cough*)

This time around it's Akaviri themed, because why not:

Kara_Akaviri_1.png

Reveal hidden contents

Kara_Akaviri_2.png

Kara_Akaviri_3.png

Kara_Akaviri_4.png

Kara_Akaviri_5.png

Kara_Akaviri_6.png

Kara_Akaviri_7.png

Kara_Akaviri_8.png

Kara_Akaviri_9.png

Those paw meshes look really nice! Are those the new digitigrade paw meshes for all the YA races or just for the Lykaios/canine races? Or are those the plantigrade mesh?

At any rate, they look really good! Keep up the good work guys!

On a related note, the armor on Kara's knees gives me an idea. Could all the boots and such too be remolded to be leg guards? As in they don't cover the actual foot, but cover everything just above it? Might be the best way to go about footwear for furries. Of course, that'd just cover the boots armor, shoes and sandals would likely have to still be invisible unless you find a way to make them work.

1 hour ago, MS1 said:

Could all the boots and such too be remolded to be leg guards? As in they don't cover the actual foot, but cover everything just above it? Might be the best way to go about footwear for furries. Of course, that'd just cover the boots armor, shoes and sandals would likely have to still be invisible unless you find a way to make them work.

go back a few pages, i attempted that and so far i got mixed results.

edit: ok maybe a bit more than a few ?

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/66220-yiffy-age-of-skyrim/?do=findComment&amp;comment=2369099

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/66220-yiffy-age-of-skyrim/?do=findComment&amp;comment=2370247

36 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

I found it before you made the edit. XD Such a thing should be feasible as long as Bad Dog thinks it's worth the effort. It'd definitely boost immersion if those were included, especially regarding the Imperial Legion. Without the boots, their legs are out in the open with no protection against the Stormcloaks, while the latter seem a little better protected.

20 minutes ago, MS1 said:

I found it before you made the edit. XD Such a thing should be feasible as long as Bad Dog thinks it's worth the effort. It'd definitely boost immersion if those were included, especially regarding the Imperial Legion. Without the boots, their legs are out in the open with no protection against the Stormcloaks, while the latter seem a little better protected.

the only problem is my "patch" is buggy as can be, the meshes sometimes don't load, and you can sometimes wear 2 boots at the same time.

a proper fix will need to be set up differently then how i have it (as in not editing the body template data and make the feets a part of the meshes)

5 hours ago, MS1 said:

Those paw meshes look really nice! Are those the new digitigrade paw meshes for all the YA races or just for the Lykaios/canine races? Or are those the plantigrade mesh?

Those are the new plantigrade paws for Lykaios that were meant to be included in the latest version of the mod that was in the works when Kritta went MIA.

Don't know if Bad Dog intends to use them on Nord-Lykaios for the plantigrade version of YA (I guess it would also be possible to use them for all canine races, but they would need brand new textures for that), but they don't work with the digitigrade skeleton so if you want digi legs you have to use BD's own digi paws instead.

3 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

at this point i'm beginning to think it's more like "KIA", too much effort was put into it for them to just abandon ship like that.

I think she was going through some RL stuff that made it hard to continue development on the mod, so she simply decided to stop and pass on her latest dev files to someone else for safekeeping and potentially completing the mod or passing it on to someone else for completion. She did go into radio silence before all her files could be transfered (this is why several files that were done already are missing from the mod package, most notably male body textures), so it's true something unfortunate may have happened to her.

(I may be completely wrong about this, but this is they way I understood the whole story).

I really do hope it's not the case and she simply had to move on for other reasons and is doing well now, but I guess we'll never know. In any case, all we can do is complete her mod so it can finally see the light of day and give her credit for all the awesome work and dedication she put into it :classic_shy:.

9 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I really do hope it's not the case and she simply had to move on for other reasons and is doing well now, but I guess we'll never know. In any case, all we can do is complete her mod so it can finally see the light of day and give her credit for all the awesome work and dedication she put into it :classic_shy:.

This. I've been following her since the Lykaios thread was started. Definitely support giving her credit for everything she's done, and hope she's proud of what becomes of it.

Status update!

All major work is done, with two exceptions. Now it's fiddling a bunch of little things and looking for bugs. I've been running around Skyrim as different races and sexes cleaning things up.

The two exceptions: The Lykaios scars aren't quite right because the scars use the old mesh and sometimes the lower poly count means they dip below the new head mesh in places. I have to decide how much I care, but given my borderline OCD I'll likely remake the mesh and the tris.

The other is the hairs. Lykaios hair doesn't always fit other heads well--e.g. the foxes have wide cheekbones, so any earlocks are clipped. This is a problem on some of the khajiit hair too. If I want those hairs to fit other races correctly, I have to do race and chargen morphs for them. Or I have to keep the lykaios hair to the lykaios and use only khajiit hair on the rest. Or I have to go hair by hair and assign HeadPart lists so each one lists exactly the races it's good for, and teach the furrifier to look and substitute hair where necessary. (Right now I just replace each vanilla hair with a furry hair and since they pretty much all work on all races, there's no distinction.)

Probably I'll do that last. Also limit the use of the flip hairstyle.

So I THINK still on target for a release by end of year.

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Status update!

All major work is done, with two exceptions. Now it's fiddling a bunch of little things and looking for bugs. I've been running around Skyrim as different races and sexes cleaning things up.

The two exceptions: The Lykaios scars aren't quite right because the scars use the old mesh and sometimes the lower poly count means they dip below the new head mesh in places. I have to decide how much I care, but given my borderline OCD I'll likely remake the mesh and the tris.

The other is the hairs. Lykaios hair doesn't always fit other heads well--e.g. the foxes have wide cheekbones, so any earlocks are clipped. This is a problem on some of the khajiit hair too. If I want those hairs to fit other races correctly, I have to do race and chargen morphs for them. Or I have to keep the lykaios hair to the lykaios and use only khajiit hair on the rest. Or I have to go hair by hair and assign HeadPart lists so each one lists exactly the races it's good for, and teach the furrifier to look and substitute hair where necessary. (Right now I just replace each vanilla hair with a furry hair and since they pretty much all work on all races, there's no distinction.)

Keep it up! Bad Dog, You are doing Great work! :)

15 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Status update!

Nice! Keep up the good work, Bad Dog. We all appreciate the work you've put into this mod.

4 hours ago, ShadowKitty42 said:

despite converting v4.2 myself, i am still eagerly awaiting a more professional release for SE (compared to my half-assed, mostly working conversion lol)

I think YA 5.0 is confirmed to be a LE update, instead of SE. After this update, Bad dog will likely go around updating his other mods to the same standard. Afterwards he'll probably start updating his mods to SE, most likely starting with YA.

I think Bad Dog would be interested on how you got your SE conversion working though, could even save him some time for his conversion.

20 hours ago, MS1 said:

I think YA 5.0 is confirmed to be a LE update, instead of SE. After this update, Bad dog will likely go around updating his other mods to the same standard. Afterwards he'll probably start updating his mods to SE, most likely starting with YA.

I think Bad Dog would be interested on how you got your SE conversion working though, could even save him some time for his conversion.

It was mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread that v5.0 was supposed to have an SE version. If I'm not mistaken, Bad Dog himself said it.

1 hour ago, ShadowKitty42 said:

It was mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread that v5.0 was supposed to have a SE version. If I'm not mistaken, Bad Dog himself said it.

As in it'll be both LE & SE? I haven't heard about that part, although to be fair, I just got back after a three-four month hiatus so it could've been said in that time frame. If that's the case, then I might make the jump to SE a little earlier, depending on how many mods I'd inevitably have to say good bye too. No EFF or a good alternative might be a deal breaker for me.

In either case, I guess only @Bad Dog could confirm it. 

EDIT: I went fishing for a bit as far back as page 173 and I didn't see any confirmation for a SE version for v5.0. I saw a might be ported to SE, but nothing official.