What music do you listen to?

2 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

I still think they are saying "Bad in play" rather than "Back in Black"  Funny how not having lyrics handy led to some permanent changes to the way we hear the song.  

Misheard lyrics is it's own genre at this point, tons of hilarious stuff can be found through it lol.

Nobody will care about this but...so strange sometimes how one finds music. Heard Sturgil Simpson's name first time watching "The dead don't die" two weeks ago, as the movie features the song of the same name and the artist gets referenced couple of times. But the song wasn't my coup of tea, almost forgot it.

Now I browse Youtube, get an old Elecrto-Dance-Song recommended I hadn't heard for decades. Move on to listen some Daft Punk next, for the Anime-Story...and eventually the above vid from Sturgil Simpson pops up in recommendation ... damn...and I cannot get enough of the vid and song. Amazingly groovy. Absolutley stunning crazy vid.

Love it on first listen and watch. ... and need to watch the short movie on Netflix next...

Ended up watching some Van Halen reaction videos, Forgot how tight the early stuff is as a whole.

Although a drummer all through school, I did pick up the bass during the 9th grade and this was the instrument which became my main. Because of this some music gets my attention, like the opening credits score for The Forbidden Kingdom.

23 minutes ago, sickboy791 said:

Why are you closed ? ??

LMFAO i love that guy's videos, his Karen Metal and BBQ Beer Freedom videos were absolute blast to watch. This could be a new genre of music entirely, should be called Meltdown Metal lol.

Back when I first 'discovered' Emerson Lake and Palmer, I was raving about the synthesizer sounds. Then someone turned me on to Isao Tomita. There is a rich history of his works, many incredibly experimental, while others are classical adaptations. I thought this little video shows his love for music and ability to use synthesizers way before they became the pre-progammed devices we use today.

I listen to mostly rock and sub-genres. (alternative, nu, classic, indie, etc.) Here and there, however, I throw in some country, rap, hip hop, folk, pop, electronic, oldies and international (Like Korean, Japanese and German). Didn't really figure out my own personal taste until at least pre-teen. Grew up with Christians on a farm, so it was mostly gospel and country. I did know, however, that I did not like boy/girl groups (90's stuff-Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, N'Sync, etc). At sleepovers or school when girls talked them, I had zero opinion. Didn't care to listen. I am more open to them now, but it's still not often I put them, on, and not even those 3 mentioned. Partial to TLC or Destiny's Child....

Yes, music is important. Helps when I'm having negative feelings/emotions. Helps me clean. Helps me get in a sort of zone when I was drawing.
I don't really have special occasions for special music.... 

On 3/24/2021 at 10:25 PM, arliel said:

I listen to mostly rock and sub-genres. (alternative, nu, classic, indie, etc.) Here and there, however, I throw in some country, rap, hip hop, folk, pop, electronic, oldies and international (Like Korean, Japanese and German). Didn't really figure out my own personal taste until at least pre-teen. Grew up with Christians on a farm, so it was mostly gospel and country. I did know, however, that I did not like boy/girl groups (90's stuff-Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, N'Sync, etc). At sleepovers or school when girls talked them, I had zero opinion. Didn't care to listen. I am more open to them now, but it's still not often I put them, on, and not even those 3 mentioned. Partial to TLC or Destiny's Child....

Yes, music is important. Helps when I'm having negative feelings/emotions. Helps me clean. Helps me get in a sort of zone when I was drawing.
I don't really have special occasions for special music.... 

Oh  and ya are supposed to post a sample of the kind of music you listen to as well. 

Spoiler

10 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Oh  and ya are supposed to post a sample of the kind of music you listen to as well. 

I read the first page and the OP didn't share anything at the time. When going through this last page, I noticed all the videos, but assumed people were posting just because they wanted to... my bad... 
But since you want something... ?

Finding one song to share out of all I listen to would be extremely difficult. So I'll share a band that came from where I live. Royal Tusk.
I honestly didn't realize these guys were from here until they said so during their performance... ? I just knew I really wanted to see them. Great music made the shitty rainy day much better. (Except Manson... sounded like a robot.... haha).

Spoiler

3 hours ago, arliel said:

I read the first page and the OP didn't share anything at the time. When going through this last page, I noticed all the videos, but assumed people were posting just because they wanted to... my bad... 
But since you want something... ?

I love hearing the variety of music and what others find pleasing to the ear.   I have an expansive taste in music, as long as it shows a degree of talent that is amazing.   I am not a 70s fan, but Karen Carpenter's voice is one of the best in my opinion.    Of course, much like my attention, I constantly change genre's of favorite music, as today it is Ladyva. 

Spoiler