2 hours ago, Kimy said:

It blocks SS entirely and picks another scenario.

I pondered checking for worn restraints and wipe them clean if there are no quest devices (that's what I do with SD+ now), but that function is performance critical, so doing it in that place is not really feasible. Removing restraints keyword is VERY CPU expensive.

I rarely trigger SS currently and only use a very small selection of mods when I do, altho hopefully that changes now that SLUTS is being actively worked on and Whiterun Brothel's author is considering adding a SS outcome.  The SS outcomes I'd personally use generally have their own built-in detection/removal of generic DD's and may be fairly resilient to a DCUR quest item causing any issues (they mostly do not depend on collars ect).  

My question would be, would it be reasonable to have DDs blocking SS as an outcome be a toggled behavior?  I think I'd appreciate the option to have SS be allowed to trigger at my own risk, especially since I use Devious Followers which has a tendency to keep a few minor DD's on the player (gloves/boots/cuffs ect).  How much of an issue SS's lack of DD stripping/quest item detection is may be heavily dependent the sensitivity of the resulting scenario and how willing the player is to do a bit of problem solving (read: cheaty key spawning).

Minor issue either way, if the ideal outcome is nobody ever needs to reload a save because they allowed SS events to occur while bound and got sent to SD+ wearing a quest collar, then I think no toggle is the better idea.  There are other ways for players to get sent to SS from other mods if they absolutely want to get enslaved a lot.

Thanks again for the update!

8 hours ago, jigwigigx said:

It has been annoying me too, to the extent that I have certain events disabled in mcm because of it. This was caused when DDi4 came out and some animations no longer worked. The elbowbinder is another annoyance as it has no bodyslide files and still uses DDarmbindersolo animation that was designed for normal armbinder and which causes horrendous clipping as a result. I like the elbowbinder and I hope they fix that, don't mind so much the left in wilderness broken hogtie animation, it was too annoying to struggle out from so I keep that permanently disabled anyway.

I forgot to mention the black ebonite straitjacket dress which is two different shades of black. Why is that even in there?

... download takes me to Mega and wants payment is that normal? Furher even after a wait the alloted time for free download 44mins 37 secs, i still can't download and if I reload and resets the "free" timer. Help?

17 minutes ago, TajZ said:

... download takes me to Mega and wants payment is that normal? Furher even after a wait the alloted time for free download 44mins 37 secs, i still can't download and if I reload and resets the "free" timer. Help?

15 minutes ago, Kimy said:

The link is on MEGA, yes, but downloading from there is 100% free. Make sure you download to desktop and NOT "sync"

Did you download from MEGA before you tryed downloading DCL? Because Mega only gives you so much GB before you get a wait time.

1 hour ago, CGi said:

Did you download from MEGA before you tryed downloading DCL? Because Mega only gives you so much GB before you get a wait time.

I've MEGA frequently in the past, anyway I was able to download using Archive, just finished installing using NMM - now running LOOT, Wyrebash, Bodyslide, and FNIS. Thanks all.

31 minutes ago, TajZ said:

I've MEGA frequently in the past, anyway I was able to download using Archive, just finished installing using NMM - now running LOOT, Wyrebash, Bodyslide, and FNIS. Thanks all.

Mega used to be the most awesome service in the past but the greed has set in and slowly but surely they are implementing all of the nasty and stupid things that we hate about their competitors.

Just now, neosuduno said:

It seems I that Damsel in Distress is missing. Was it removed till it is fixed? Or is there something new for it coming in the next version?

It's broken and I had to temporarily disable it. Ugh, seems I didn't list that in the change log.

6 hours ago, Reesewow said:

I rarely trigger SS currently and only use a very small selection of mods when I do, altho hopefully that changes now that SLUTS is being actively worked on and Whiterun Brothel's author is considering adding a SS outcome.  The SS outcomes I'd personally use generally have their own built-in detection/removal of generic DD's and may be fairly resilient to a DCUR quest item causing any issues (they mostly do not depend on collars ect).  

I suspect SS was dropped because it seems to use a brute force 'unequipall' rather than walking through DD Zadlibs Remove Device functions. - So Devious Devices don't get properly fully removed before starting other Mod's DD Quests...

Could possibly be worked around, but not without some hassle from the receiving DD Mod...

10 minutes ago, Tyrant99 said:

I suspect SS was dropped because it seems to use a brute force 'unequipall' rather than walking through DD Zadlibs Remove Device functions. - So Devious Devices don't get properly fully removed before starting other Mod's DD Quests...

Could possibly be worked around, but not without some hassle from the receiving DD Mod...

Yea, it would be nice if SS would remove generic devices properly and have a failsafe kick-out option for players wearing quest devices, but that obviously is out of DCUL's control.  It most certainly isn't the responsibility of the receiving mod to deal with it.

1 minute ago, Reesewow said:

Yea, it would be nice if SS would remove generic devices properly and have a failsafe kick-out option for players wearing quest devices, but that obviously is out of DCUL's control.  It most certainly isn't the responsibility of the receiving mod to deal with it.

Yeah, there's really not that much to it, all the functions are in there, Generic Devices, Heavy Bondage, even Quest Devices could all be removed easily with DD functions (But SS probably shouldn't remove Quest Devices and Mods probably shouldn't trigger SS events if Player is wearing Quest Devices).

jfraser seems like a good enough scripter to figure it out easily if he wanted to... so not sure why it isn't in there...

of all the changes only one didnt make sense to me and that is - Changed: Removed soft integration with Captured Dreams. DCL no longer interacts with CD, but now drops the gold and silver items from DD's library instead.

since the day i updated DCL from 6.2 to 6.3, both the silver and gold DD items have been dropping for me. as for the dropping of the integration with CD there are several colored items that now wont be avalible, such as the dark red, black, and white. with the mods i use one will still give me a chance while not doing any of the CD quests to still be equipped with those items. but it is now lowered with DCL's removal of CD integration.

on a side note, DD's rubber suits don't fit under armor where as DCL's do, along with the all of DD's suits are black in first person.

22 hours ago, Kimy said:

Are you 100% sure that the key was taken by The Stole my Stuff?

I can't say 100% They Stole My Stuff was the key remover, instead, I have the account of events I've given. That's what I know.

Personally, I was convinced it was TSMS, because before the fight, I had the key, and had just used it to unlock the door. Then after the fight, after the defeat, I did not have the key, and was locked out of the room where the stuff-holder was. Also, the stuff-holder was holding the removed key.

It strikes me as odd that the door would be re-locked at all. That's odd. Draugr don't usually lock doors behind them.

But the key was also odd (which is really my point here) because unlike a quest key, I could drop it.

As I thought this was very interesting at the time, I did some experiments with the key, and also reloaded the game and checked I'd had the key before the fight. I had a save from a minute or so before I opened the door, where I had the key.

It might be that door is a bit special, and was coded up ad-hoc to re-lock if you leave the dungeon, and the original creator had some idea the key would be put on a mob that was always re-spawned. It might be...

It's all moot really. My core point was, just check if it has KEY in the name. Because if it has KEY in the name, you are only going to create woe by taking it.

Now I get that appears to make no actual sense as a fix to the check function, because the ONLY way that item could get removed is if it's somehow in the whitelist, which would be odd.

What scenarios do we have remaining?

(1) Perhaps the problem lies outside the stealable check?

(2) Perhaps some code oddity other than DCL took the key? For example, the dungeon reset takes and re-adds the key (coded by the original creator to make repeat testing easier or something).

(3) Somehow the key was reporting as a weapon or armor, due to ... Skyrim.

(1) would probably result in other unexpected items being taken - would have been noticed most likely, and should be easy to check - perhaps was already ruled out completely.

If it's (2) it's a DCL created problem, because the problem was you were supposed to die, and the dungeon only works properly if you don't magically port out and back in.

But...

I guess you can ignore this. I don't quite have the dedication to track down my original post, establish what dungeon it was, and attempt to re-create the problem to determine whether it was a one off "because Skyrim" event, or something that occurs reliably. It only ever happened to me, and I agree there's no obvious oversight in the stealable items check.

Well... It does steal unique and very hard to replace armors, like Nightingale and Arch Mage robes, but I guess you have to accept that chance when you enable it.

If there's actually a fair shot at retrieving the items, that's acceptable risk.

However, in the past, I've often found the retrieval quest target to be despawned and the items irretrievable. Not just wolves and things, but also bandits and vampires.

While there have been changes to remedy this, I remain sceptical about putting anything on an NPC you didn't make ever being safe and reliable.

There are too many variables and moving parts for that to be a dependable solution. However, spawning a single persistent container once at the point DCL starts its main quest, and then putting all stolen items in it, and porting it about to a variety of known safe "nearby" locations when you restart the quest... It just can't lose your stuff. The chest won't despawn because you made it, you own it, you made it persistent.

It's less immersive, sure, but it will never eat all your items. You can then decide to erase the container contents under certain conditions, or leave an option to never erase, so you can get back stuff you lost in an earlier defeat too. Again, unimmersive, but maybe more fun most of the time.

And, as compensation, you can add hilarity to opening the chest, like the bonus of a full set of beautiful matching ebonite items, including stylish designer eyewear.

Maybe with a timer, so every day that ticks past, it gets more and more horrible to open it?

So I have a suggestion for The Dollmaker’s inventory if you’re interested, Kimy? I was thinking that she has all these interesting different latex armours for feet, torso, and gloves, but she has nothing for the helmet slot. Maybe she could sell something like an armoured rubber hood or pony bridle that provides armour and or magical bonuses while having the Devious advantage of gagging the player while wearing it. :tongue:

The stat balance of the Dollmaker items is a little eccentric.

Some of them are good enough that a follower will put them on in preference to almost anything, others will never be chosen by a follower, and really, aren't that good, despite their high "cash" value.

The items you can get as a starting character in Helgen are better than many you will get from a DAMN box as a high-level character.

It's not so much that the stat variations are particularly strange, but it's a struggle to assemble nice matching sets the way things are set up, and the DAMN boxes don't seem to be logically levelled. (Though perhaps they are?)

e.g.

My follower has some nice pink ballet boots, but no matching pink catsuit to go with it.

I can't even go to the Dollmaker and fork over a huge bag of cash to get one that the follower would pick over vanilla steel.

And as twsnider1138 points out, no mask to cover her face. Instead she wears a grubby old helmet that makes her hair disappear.

Or... I have a nice pair of black ballet boots, but can't get a pretty mage dress in black that has stats anywhere as good as the lousy cultist's robes you get from Dragonborn cultists for basically zero effort. As for a dress that compares to the Arch Mage robes... Never seen one yet.

And... No nice gasmask or other practical beneficial items in matching black (or any other color) to wear instead of a boring old circlet.

Just nice things to have. It's really hard to get the items you want need from DAMN boxes.

It would be so useful if we could buy more things, even if the price was somewhat gouging.

Or even better... You could only buy them by exchanging reward tokens from Dollmaker quests?

OK, that sounds a bit like a WoW thing, but it would work here too.

7 hours ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

of all the changes only one didnt make sense to me and that is - Changed: Removed soft integration with Captured Dreams. DCL no longer interacts with CD, but now drops the gold and silver items from DD's library instead.

since the day i updated DCL from 6.2 to 6.3, both the silver and gold DD items have been dropping for me. as for the dropping of the integration with CD there are several colored items that now wont be avalible, such as the dark red, black, and white. with the mods i use one will still give me a chance while not doing any of the CD quests to still be equipped with those items. but it is now lowered with DCL's removal of CD integration.

on a side note, DD's rubber suits don't fit under armor where as DCL's do, along with the all of DD's suits are black in first person.

Yes, there is one color set not in DD yet - Bronze. I will put that on our to-do list!

Also keep in mind that DCL and CD are currently incompatible, as CD didn't get updated to DD4.x. CD is one of my favorite mods too, but alas, it doesn't work correctly with DD4.

29 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Or... I have a nice pair of black ballet boots, but can't get a pretty mage dress in black that has stats anywhere as good as the lousy cultist's robes you get from Dragonborn cultists for basically zero effort. As for a dress that compares to the Arch Mage robes... Never seen one yet.

FWIW - there are at least 2 mage type dresses in DCL - 1 is a reddish color and has major boost to mana rgen and spell cost reduction (you get it after a quest)

and the other is even better and black, but i do not know where or how you get that one.

5 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

*snip*

I might still go ahead and implement your suggestion about putting the stuff in a box. I didn't do in 6.4, because that was supposed to be a bugfix release, making no overly drastic changes to features and mechanics. There are still several things on my list I need to look at, but these require more thought than changing a few lines of code here and there!

I do agree with you that TSMS isn't fully working as intended at the moment. While the feature considers failing and losing some of your stuff acceptable (no risk, no fun!), it is not the intention of this quest to destroy extremely valuable items you have no way replacing.

38 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

While the Master College items get close, they seem to be worse like you say.

Though the Wizard's Attire and Mage's Silk Dress are at least decently powerful given magicka regen and massive spell cost rediction.

And lastly you have the Magic Slut Dress, that give really nice buffs, but with some downsides that I'm not going to spoil.

But I do agree that it would be nice to have a versions of the latex items comparable to the archmage robes for example.

EDIT: Fixed minor spelling errors.

38 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Or even better... You could only buy them by exchanging reward tokens from Dollmaker quests?

That might happen. :smiley:

There will also be new items for the DAMN boxes, with different stats. The collection isn't complete yet. But after making several hundred(!) Latex/Rubber armor pieces, I needed to do something else back then! Haha! :smiley:

1 hour ago, LazyBoot said:

While the Master College items get close, they seem to be worse like you say.

Though the Wizard's Attire and Mage's Silk Dress are at least decently powerful given magicka regen and massive spell cost rediction.

And lastly you have the Magic Slut Dress, that give really nice buffs, but with some downsides that I'm not going to spoil.

But I do agree that it would be nice to have a versions of the latex items comparable to the archmage robes for example.

It's a luxury feature, but given all the effort in them, it's a pity that I find wearing a DAMN box item usually sacrifices some stats, and getting followers to wear them is often quite difficult.

Perhaps it's better to err on the items being a little overpowered rather than under. Weaker items always get obsoleted anyway, and nobody minds if they get a good item. With all the difficulty that DCL and other DD mods add to the game, and the major OP nature of Queen Sarah's set, or Rubber Doll (assuming you aren't blinded), finding some strong items in boxes wouldn't be a game-breaker, would it?

Also, for mages, you don't (seem to) get a choice between +mana and +mana regen percentage, it's always +mana, while top vanilla items have both.

There's sometimes a lack of synergy between set items, like matching shoes having complimentary effects to gloves, and so on.

It's perhaps more obvious with the limited assortment of heavy armor you can buy from the Dollmaker, though the box items fill some of those gaps.

I used to think it was all cleverly done by design, but the chances of ending up equipping a college dress being so low made me start to think otherwise.

I particularly like the ones with the gathered skirt part at the bottom, but I rarely see one that rates on stats. As a mage, I guess you can easily complete the Arch Mage line by level 20, and will have maybe 50 in a spell skill or two by then, but at that level, DAMN boxes are only giving adept items that are substantially outclassed by common loot.

The Dollmaker's mainly flat pricing model, where only a few items cost extra is also ... a little eccentric ... but I guess that's how the Dollmaker rolls.

Prices jump from pocket change to over "half a Sasha" with almost nothing in between. Alas, the pocket change items are mainly so bad, you would never use them.

You would likely loot more useful toys just travelling to Dawnstar.

It would be nice if Dollmaker's inventory was split onto the slave in the shop, or several slaves, as it's rather large, and if it increases it would be unworkable.

If that was done, there'd be scope to sell more actual restraints.

This brings me to restraints with stats on... DTII makes perma-bondage a play style. I started to wish for proper, locking, DD items with stats on. They're a bit of an exploit really, as they block trap items, but the downside is ... you're always in bondage.

Maybe DAMN boxes could follow a trading card model, with a regulated ratio of common, uncommon and rare items?

For example, ensuring that any box always has a total of five points, with an ultra-rare worth five, a rare worth three, an uncommon worth two, and common worth one.

A common item would be 250 gold. A rare would be a pair of master level boots, an uncommon a lucky charm.

But still, it would make sense for an Arch Mage, or Nightingale grade set to require equivalent effort to obtain. Things like that shouldn't come out of a random box loot.

6 hours ago, Kimy said:

Yes, there is one color set not in DD yet - Bronze. I will put that on our to-do list!

Also keep in mind that DCL and CD are currently incompatible, as CD didn't get updated to DD4.x. CD is one of my favorite mods too, but alas, it doesn't work correctly with DD4.

the only incompadability is the yoke or arm binders, and that is only in CD. as for all the generic items, they work fine with 4.0. vel has also said when he can he will be putting an update out for the yoke and arm binder so it has the proper keyword for 4.0. but it will be take time due to his health issues.