1 hour ago, Kimy said:

These items are quest items, as far as DCL is concerned. The form list merely indicates which items are safe to remove when needed (it's a feature that existed before I added the zad_QuestItem keyword to DD)

Maybe, I'm not explaining correctly (I'm not the best at writing)

So the way the script works for FindUsefulkeys

For

Slave Chastity belt --- It'll make Body Restraint key drop (more often) over the other rare key

Slave Rubber Suit --- It'll make Body Restraint key drop (more often) over the other rare key

Slave Gloves --- It'll make Hand Restraint key drop (more often) over the other rare key

Slave Collar --- It'll have no effect

So it's inconsistent but if you don't know that you could have setting like this....

Find UseFul keys = On

Rare key chance 5%

Head Restraint key = 0

Body Restraint key = 0

Legs Restraint key = 0

Hand Restraint key = 0

Which seem to work very well giving the keys I need and stopping me getting rare keys when I don't need em.

Until I get some say shock boots on and endless (and slowy) search for a key that will never drop. 

Also on DiD quest no keys will drop with these setting.

Once I worked that out the setting I did .....

Find Useful keys = On

Rare key chance 5%

Head Restraint key = 1

Body Restraint key = 1

Legs Restraint key = 1

Hand Restraint key = 1

So that if the shock boots do equip you have a chance.

Then I had High Security Collar which made only Head Restraint keys drop (basically makes 50 out 51 key head Restraint key) 

So basically, dcur_DDgenericblockitems formlist determines what Head/Body/Legs/Hand Restraint keys drop but it contains items that don't use them and doesn't contain all item that use these keys (I get that is because the list main purpose isn't the key script)

(The rest are in dcur_DDcustomitemlist).

I fixed this by making a custom Form list just for the usefulkey script that contains only the items that use those rare keys.

That said if it was intended that you only wanted find useful keys only to effect some items that used those keys then no worries, I just didn't understand that from the MCM setting and help text.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:58 PM, bigbaddaboom0 said:

I've run into an animation problem I didn't have before the latest version.  I'm wondering if anyone else may have encountered this.

Using DCUR's combat surrender, I often get the "Left in Wilderness" option, with the armbinder and the options for hands, feet or body struggle.  Each of those used to play a struggle animation.  Now, my player remains static, although I do hear the sounds of the struggle.  The rest of the situation plays out as it did before, where I'm able to eventually free myself, but the lack of the struggle animation is super annoying.

I'm not quite sure where the animation is coming from, if its built into DCUR, or coming from something like ZAZ.  Reinstalling DCUR, as well as trying both Zaz 7.0 and 8.0 didn't solve the problem.

If anyone else has run into this and discovered a fix, please post.

Did you get this resolved? My character just sits there face down, and is clipping through the armbinder. Tragic, really.

@Kimy

Thank you for the update.
Can you make it so that rape events are dependent on Sexlab settings for what to strip and not to strip?
The current rape events basically unequip everything including rings, jewelry, tails, ears.
By linking it with Sexlab strip settings, we would be able to designate the stripping of torso only.

I play my character as a fox girl with fox ears and tail equipped. It is tedious when rape events unequip the tail and ears.

On 05/01/2018 at 9:58 PM, bigbaddaboom0 said:

I've run into an animation problem I didn't have before the latest version.  I'm wondering if anyone else may have encountered this.

Using DCUR's combat surrender, I often get the "Left in Wilderness" option, with the armbinder and the options for hands, feet or body struggle.  Each of those used to play a struggle animation.  Now, my player remains static, although I do hear the sounds of the struggle.  The rest of the situation plays out as it did before, where I'm able to eventually free myself, but the lack of the struggle animation is super annoying.

I'm not quite sure where the animation is coming from, if its built into DCUR, or coming from something like ZAZ.  Reinstalling DCUR, as well as trying both Zaz 7.0 and 8.0 didn't solve the problem.

If anyone else has run into this and discovered a fix, please post.

2 hours ago, cwalker34 said:

Did you get this resolved? My character just sits there face down, and is clipping through the armbinder. Tragic, really.

It has been annoying me too, to the extent that I have certain events disabled in mcm because of it. This was caused when DDi4 came out and some animations no longer worked. The elbowbinder is another annoyance as it has no bodyslide files and still uses DDarmbindersolo animation that was designed for normal armbinder and which causes horrendous clipping as a result. I like the elbowbinder and I hope they fix that, don't mind so much the left in wilderness broken hogtie animation, it was too annoying to struggle out from so I keep that permanently disabled anyway.

2 hours ago, cwalker34 said:

I have the same issue, and every time I start Skyrim, my log clearly says that DCL cannot find the struggle animation, which is odd because I have animations out the wazoo.

It's been like this since DD4 manifested.

A bug feature I've been meaning to bring up for a while, not sure if it's been mentioned much...

When you get a flashbang event off plants, the "get the bait" chance is respected, so you can get rewarded with all kinds of odd random items ... from a plant.

If it was my choice, I'd have an option for plants to only produce EC+ events, and nothing else. But that's just me.

5 hours ago, Kimy said:

SHB has a unique problem that during the quest a door locks you cannot open from the outside. Which might be a problem if some silly feature would port you OUT during the quest. No idea what silly mod would ever do such a thing!

As far as I know the other dungeons do not have similar problems. I think? Hope?

Will have a look at all of that! :smile:

@Kimy

Thanks for the +ve reply!

I'm sure the SHB fix is fine and, no, I know of nowhere else like it

I'm mostly just chuntering on about the way 'hardcore' options seem to go bonkers after the bonking is done - none of them work! - but particularly the 'let's spray them around all over the map' thingie :classic_shy:

Trying to be as constructive as possible, one solution to that irritant could be, of course, to have a 'post coital cool down' period (and I don't mean a health impairing shared ciggie and coffee!), where the protagonists put in place some sort of 'non aggression pact' (one that might last longer than anything the Orange One and Fat Boy can achieve). 

This would allow the PC and Followers to retire a bit from the present location, and regroup for another assault phase - whether that be something done to, or done :classic_angel: by, the current enemy being determined by the outcome of the next round of the punch up.  And so on. 

That would be something a bit like the post combat pacification stage in Defeat etc, with duration being MCM slider controlled, but maybe lasting a little while longer than Defeat's 15 sec or so (slider max of 120 sec would not be unreasonable to allow for regroup, re-arming etc, and also let any script lag catch up?).  Pacification would also end immediately if the PC and their crew 'break the armistice' early.  :open_mouth:

Basically, that sort of mechanic would still allow for all your existing 'hardcore' options, Inn, Wilderness, Theft etc, to be set to some +ve chance, if the player wants to risk those, but otherwise completely do away with the residual lottery that exists now, where the PC's post combat location is completely uncontrollable when DCUR defaults to its ultimate backstop of 'port to start of the present dungeon etc - but only if you really get very very lucky' :smiley:

Is that a practicable proposition, or am I just wanting 'pie in the sky'?

:smile:

16 hours ago, Kimy said:

- Fixed: Cursed traps and combat defeat will no longer hand over the player to Simple Slavery when she is wearing any DD device, as that mod is unable to handle it.

Does this mean that wearing a DD items blocks SS outcomes?

Or does it mean that the DD items will be stripped if "ordinary", and an SS outcome is first selected, and if strange items remain, then the outcome "re-rolls" ?

Around the same time I noticed the SHB issue, I also raised the issue where quest keys may be removed (and later lost) as a result of The Stole My Stuff.

Any item with "key" in its name that DD doesn't recognise as its own business should be left on the player, because those keys could be quest keys that lack any special flags (YES, they exist), could be keys for a custom device that lacks the newer flags, or could simply be irreplaceable keys of some other kind.

While some mods may think it's a hoot to casually destroy unique, irreplaceable items, I'd like to hope DCL has a different approach.

59 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Around the same time I noticed the SHB issue, I also raised the issue where quest keys may be removed (and later lost) as a result of The Stole My Stuff.

Any item with "key" in its name that DD doesn't recognise as its own business should be left on the player, because those keys could be quest keys that lack any special flags (YES, they exist), could be keys for a custom device that lacks the newer flags, or could simply be irreplaceable keys of some other kind.

While some mods may think it's a hoot to casually destroy unique, irreplaceable items, I'd like to hope DCL has a different approach.

Looking at the code, it doesn't look like "They Stole My Stuff" should touch keys at all.

It should only be grabbing weapons, armors, and items from a whitelist (potions, gems, and soulgems mostly).

39 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

Looking at the code, it doesn't look like "They Stole My Stuff" should touch keys at all.

It should only be grabbing weapons, armors, and items from a whitelist (potions, gems, and soulgems mostly).

Perhaps the problem is more subtle, but, the point I'm making here is that the only things that made this key obviously a key were its name and inventory model.

The exact situation was where I entered a locked room, either in SHB (again), or the dungeon for the King Olaf's bard quest (would need to check my old post where I observed this issue), and was then subsequently defeated.

I went into the dungeon key locked room, then lost a combat, and was then robbed and ported out by combat surrender.

When I reached the room again, the door was closed and locked, and I discovered I did not have the key.

I was unable to enter the room where the draugr that had defeated me was waiting, because I lacked the key I had previously used to open the door.

I used tcl to enter the room and retrieve my stuff from the draugr holding it, and oddly enough he had the dugneon-specific key that I would have needed to get in.

As I'm fairly sure I didn't hallucinate, then write down as a bug report, such a convoluted chain of events, the alternative is ... hard to come up with anything remotely plausible really.

I inspected the key pretty carefully afterwards. It's possible I even posted it's ID in the original report. I observed it was a very dull item, with no special keywords, and it was possible for me to drop or discard it. As it was critical to the dungeon, my guess is that this was an oversight by the original designer of the dungeon.

Idea... bondage chests adventure.

Hidden around Skyrim are bondage chests, like Malkavs Treasure Hunt. 20 would be a nice amount.

Marked by some type of bondage totem on the edge of roads, marking that there is a hidden box nearby.

Contents...

- 5 bondage items

- A note to wear them and information about a reward chest.

- When you put them on, you are given a map location and a chest key.

- The chest contains the bondage items unlock key, and a large reward of 1500 gold.

- One of twenty keys, to unlock the mega chest in a room. Contains 10,000 gold and some nice items to wear. Maybe also a new companion, trussed up in bondage gear.

Treasure hunts with cursed loot, would be a nice way to earn extra money, as well as be a nice distraction.

Obviously, you'd have to stop other cursed loot quests from happening. Or you being able to open the box if you are already wearing cursed loot.

Just some ideas... :smile:

It would be nifty if the Rubber Doll Collar feature that detects needs mods and stops you getting hooded could detect Mini Needs.

I get the impression that Mini Needs is the SL mod user's best needs mod option now, though I haven't switched to it myself yet, I'm certainly considering it.

9 minutes ago, Lordmasonworth said:

Hey, sorry to bother anyone, but where is the combat surrender option in the MCM located at? Thanks in advance!

I'm not 100% sure. But I think it is in the Consequences section.

8 hours ago, Lozeak said:

Maybe, I'm not explaining correctly (I'm not the best at writing)

So the way the script works for FindUsefulkeys

For

Slave Chastity belt --- It'll make Body Restraint key drop (more often) over the other rare key

Slave Rubber Suit --- It'll make Body Restraint key drop (more often) over the other rare key

Slave Gloves --- It'll make Hand Restraint key drop (more often) over the other rare key

Slave Collar --- It'll have no effect

So it's inconsistent but if you don't know that you could have setting like this....

Find UseFul keys = On

Rare key chance 5%

Head Restraint key = 0

Body Restraint key = 0

Legs Restraint key = 0

Hand Restraint key = 0

Which seem to work very well giving the keys I need and stopping me getting rare keys when I don't need em.

Until I get some say shock boots on and endless (and slowy) search for a key that will never drop. 

Also on DiD quest no keys will drop with these setting.

Once I worked that out the setting I did .....

Find Useful keys = On

Rare key chance 5%

Head Restraint key = 1

Body Restraint key = 1

Legs Restraint key = 1

Hand Restraint key = 1

So that if the shock boots do equip you have a chance.

Then I had High Security Collar which made only Head Restraint keys drop (basically makes 50 out 51 key head Restraint key) 

So basically, dcur_DDgenericblockitems formlist determines what Head/Body/Legs/Hand Restraint keys drop but it contains items that don't use them and doesn't contain all item that use these keys (I get that is because the list main purpose isn't the key script)

(The rest are in dcur_DDcustomitemlist).

I fixed this by making a custom Form list just for the usefulkey script that contains only the items that use those rare keys.

That said if it was intended that you only wanted find useful keys only to effect some items that used those keys then no worries, I just didn't understand that from the MCM setting and help text.

Gotcha! You're right, I didn't think of the effect it has on keys. I will remedy that! :smile:

21 minutes ago, Lordmasonworth said:

Hey, sorry to bother anyone, but where is the combat surrender option in the MCM located at? Thanks in advance!

Combat Defeat is under Rape sub-menu.

Consequences has indecency and misogyny.

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I have the same issue, and every time I start Skyrim, my log clearly says that DCL cannot find the struggle animation, which is odd because I have animations out the wazoo.

It's been like this since DD4 manifested.

There might be still items in DCL that didn't get fully updated to DD4 mechanics yet. I do a full review of all items while I develop version 7, so this issue should go away. :smile:

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

Perhaps the problem is more subtle, but, the point I'm making here is that the only things that made this key obviously a key were its name and inventory model.

The exact situation was where I entered a locked room, either in SHB (again), or the dungeon for the King Olaf's bard quest (would need to check my old post where I observed this issue), and was then subsequently defeated.

I went into the dungeon key locked room, then lost a combat, and was then robbed and ported out by combat surrender.

When I reached the room again, the door was closed and locked, and I discovered I did not have the key.

I was unable to enter the room where the draugr that had defeated me was waiting, because I lacked the key I had previously used to open the door.

I used tcl to enter the room and retrieve my stuff from the draugr holding it, and oddly enough he had the dugneon-specific key that I would have needed to get in.

As I'm fairly sure I didn't hallucinate, then write down as a bug report, such a convoluted chain of events, the alternative is ... hard to come up with anything remotely plausible really.

I inspected the key pretty carefully afterwards. It's possible I even posted it's ID in the original report. I observed it was a very dull item, with no special keywords, and it was possible for me to drop or discard it. As it was critical to the dungeon, my guess is that this was an oversight by the original designer of the dungeon.

Are you 100% sure that the key was taken by The Stole my Stuff?

Because according to my code, that's impossible:

Bool Function isStealable(Form item)
    If !item
        return false
    EndIf
    ; everything in the whitelist is fine (soul gems, heal potions, gems, some jewelry)
    If dcur_robbed_whitelist.HasForm(item)
        return true
    Endif
    ; steal armor that's not DD or jewelry
    If (Item As Armor) && !item.HasKeyword(dclibs.SexLabNoStrip) && !item.HasKeyword(dcumenu.ArmorJewelry)
        return true
    EndIf
    ; steal weapons
    If (Item As Weapon)
        return true
    Endif
    return false
EndFunction

55 minutes ago, Krazyone said:

Idea... bondage chests adventure.

Hidden around Skyrim are bondage chests, like Malkavs Treasure Hunt. 20 would be a nice amount.

Marked by some type of bondage totem on the edge of roads, marking that there is a hidden box nearby.

Contents...

- 5 bondage items

- A note to wear them and information about a reward chest.

- When you put them on, you are given a map location and a chest key.

- The chest contains the bondage items unlock key, and a large reward of 1500 gold.

- One of twenty keys, to unlock the mega chest in a room. Contains 10,000 gold and some nice items to wear. Maybe also a new companion, trussed up in bondage gear.

Treasure hunts with cursed loot, would be a nice way to earn extra money, as well as be a nice distraction.

Obviously, you'd have to stop other cursed loot quests from happening. Or you being able to open the box if you are already wearing cursed loot.

Just some ideas... :smile:

That sounds fun! I like it!  :smile:

6 hours ago, LucentShard said:

@Kimy

Can you make it so that rape events are dependent on Sexlab settings for what to strip and not to strip?
The current rape events basically unequip everything including rings, jewelry, tails, ears.
By linking it with Sexlab strip settings, we would be able to designate the stripping of torso only.

I play my character as a fox girl with fox ears and tail equipped. It is tedious when rape events unequip the tail and ears.

It does respect the SL NoStrip keyword. You mean that advanced settings, I take?

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Does this mean that wearing a DD items blocks SS outcomes?

Or does it mean that the DD items will be stripped if "ordinary", and an SS outcome is first selected, and if strange items remain, then the outcome "re-rolls" ?

It blocks SS entirely and picks another scenario.

I pondered checking for worn restraints and wipe them clean if there are no quest devices (that's what I do with SD+ now), but that function is performance critical, so doing it in that place is not really feasible. Removing restraints keyword is VERY CPU expensive.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

It would be nifty if the Rubber Doll Collar feature that detects needs mods and stops you getting hooded could detect Mini Needs.

I get the impression that Mini Needs is the SL mod user's best needs mod option now, though I haven't switched to it myself yet, I'm certainly considering it.

You know...I have never heard of that mod before. People always seem to assume that mod creators are aware of every single mod ever created. Ummm...nope! At least not this one. Haha!  :smiley: 

But it's quite easy to add it, and I will do so!

PS: I can't believe that I somehow missed that mod despite our own CPU wrote it.... oO

It sounds nice! I might try it out!

7 hours ago, LucentShard said:

@Kimy

Buggy code in dcur_library.psc:

if frm && !frm.HasKeyWord(SexLabNoStrip)
        a.unequipItem(frm, abSilent = true)
    endif
    frm = a.GetWornForm(0x00000020) ; amulet
    if frm && !frm.HasKeyWord(SexLabNoStrip)
    endif

Should be:

if frm && !frm.HasKeyWordString("NoStrip")
    endif
    frm = a.GetWornForm(0x00000020) ; amulet
    if frm && !frm.HasKeyWordString("NoStrip")
    endif

The current code honors the SexlabNoStrip keyword if the mod containing the item added the SexlabNoStrip keyword to the item either by adding the Sexlab Framework as a master or by adding it to items by using a script that detects the presence of Sexlab.  Both are clumsy and unreasonable for a maker of items that aren't necessarily meant for sex mods.

The corrected code uses the same method that the Sexlab Framework itself uses which looks at the TEXT of the keyword and honors any keyword in any mod that simply has the text "nostrip" within it.  That allows you to simply add an internal keyword to a mod with "nostrip" as it's text and then add that keyword to the items that should never be stripped and that keyword will be honored (by the Sexlab Framework at least).