5 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

It's a luxury feature, but given all the effort in them, it's a pity that I find wearing a DAMN box item usually sacrifices some stats, and getting followers to wear them is often quite difficult.

It's odd, because I actually copypasted some of the stats straight from equivalent vanilla Skyrim items. My idea was to offer a kinky alternative to vanilla Skyrim gear, without making it under or overpowered compared to it. oO

2 hours ago, neosuduno said:

I was doing Leon's quest, but then I ran into a snag. I cannot find the Obsidian Slave Boots. Is there a bug or is the container really obscure?

It's there, and not always easy to spot, even though the container it's in wasn't there when you first arrived.

Spoiler

Look for an Urn on a table on the entry level.

7 hours ago, Kimy said:

It's odd, because I actually copypasted some of the stats straight from equivalent vanilla Skyrim items. My idea was to offer a kinky alternative to vanilla Skyrim gear, without making it under or overpowered compared to it. oO

Not really that odd. The vanilla items cover a range from bad to good at any level, and also have various choices.

That range/variety isn't reflected so much in the DAMN items.

I don't want to sound like I'm banging on about this, it's more the case that I'm working through my thoughts on it - trying to establish where the problems are, or if there are problems at all.

I think this is what I find:

• When you are level 5, almost any DAMN box item is good, but you'll hardly have any (unless you made them drop like Halloween candy).
  • When you are level 20, almost any DAMN box item is like the vanilla gear you can easily get, and well below vanilla behind gear that's hard to get. Also, you still won't have many items at this point, and they'll be impossible to set match.
  • When you are level 40, DAMN box items are mostly vendor trash. You may have some matching item sets but they are probably gear for a level 15 or 20 character. Your good items won't be matching, and will offer a limited choice of stat modifiers.

Of course, YMMV. The more the boxes drop, the better it is, but many times I get a box without an item in it at all (v6.3) and instead some nice potions, or soul gems, or whatever.

I think that without DAMN boxes, I would run seriously short on healing potions, and just that aspect of them significantly decreases difficulty.

If my character is on-track, and has a follower, by level 25 I'll be awash in potions. If I don't have a follower, I'll be much tighter on potions.

The items from Helgen are a bit too good, especially for the point you get them, and you could play to level 40 and never see a better DAMN item drop for a melee than the heavy armor corset with the sparkly texture ... that you can get in Helgen without fighting a single mob.

Helgen would actually be a good spot for a DCL "tutorial", where you get a series of three pre-canned non-random DCL traps, and there are pre-canned key loots you can find to escape from them. That would make getting some special DCL loot rewards part of that tutorial, and they could still be pre-determined loot, still in the cages, but maybe not quite as good as the current items. Also, that setup only provides items for heavy melee or mage, there's no drops there for a stealth build.

For heavy armor followers, the armor on the item seems to determine whether they'll wear it. It doesn't matter how great the enchants are, because they don't recognise those enchants at all. Possibly some slots (like amulet) they choose based on cash value. Dressing your follower up in useful DCL items is super fun, so it would be great if that was easier to do.

Many heavy items give +stamina, but I feel this is overrated. Magic resist is just about the best stat in the game IMHO. If you use a mod to make magic scale better, even more so, because the NPCs will you back with those same buffed spells, and hit hard.

If you want to make a melee item OP, give it armor and magic resist. Carry weight is nice on player items, but less good on items you'll give to a follower.

Many DCL items are very heavy. Maiden's Shield weighs a ton, for example. If I'm using SL Adventures to do rapes rather than DCL, I use a light chastity belt to avoid getting crippled by wear+tear, I won't use maiden's shield because it's such a dead-weight. In DCL it has special value, but other, less good CBs also weigh lots.

It would be nice to get items with no enchants on, so you can enchant them yourself. I think the Dollmaker sells some, but the range is quite limited.

As mentioned earlier, would also be nice to get bondage items with stat bonuses. Particularly ones where being locked in is a pain. Then you have to choose, stay locked in and have the bonus, or take them off and lose it. These would be much less powerful items than the major quest items. Obvious candidates: boots, gag, blindfold, belt, bra, and harness with chastity. They could also sometimes carry debuffs too, to really mix it up.

I get there are a huge number of items already.

I started rewriting the descriptions for them all, and it's a massive job just to do that little chore.

I don't doubt that making the actual items must have taken weeks.

But ... that just means effort spent polishing those items is well worth it, I think.

Maybe those DAMN items should be upgradable. Those upgrades could also be different than the usual ones done for the vanilla gear, meaning that you could use the DAMN item as an ingredient together with other stuff to make something better/kinkier. There are a couple of armor mods that are using this technique.

EDIT: Tembtra Thief Armor is a sample of such an armor. I know there are not so many such mods available, but it doesn't need to have a different mesh. Maybe just different textures and better enchantments.

It's been a while since I turned off some of DCL and put in DA, Defeat, DH, and DC.

Four mods to do what DCL offers in a light weight form ... and not one of them has a way for you to get a key!

Reminded me that any complaints about the complexity of the DCL MCM pale in comparison to the DA + Defeat pairing, an even DH and DC have a fair bit packed in there.

Also reminded me of some of the bugs they generate, like dodgy plugs that cause your equipped weapon to go into a broken state.

There's not much those mods combined have have over DCL alone, except DA does offer more ability to configure pacify and post defeat effects, and DH allows rape to be enabled on a per-device basis, but SL Adventures sort of does DH's job better now (or at least, in a way generally simpler and more useful).

The "killer" feature is the ability to struggle in Defeat, and it's not implemented in a great way.

I dislike key masher games; would prefer something a little more strategic or puzzle based, though that seems odd in a struggle, it makes as much sense as key mashing really. But the reason for it, is sometimes a rape just triggers in a dumb way that is super unimmersive, or at a silly time, and you wish it could go away. Struggle is great for that.

One thing I do like is the ability to enable rape from enemies if you don't have a weapon out/drawn/ready, which is quite different to "disarmed" in DCL, which I don't like, and is a random chance. Being deterministic, it means you have to be careful to get your weapon out before you run in anywhere, or you might be leaving in a draugr chastity belt.

I'd prefer that to the way DCL does disarm rapes, which it just random, doesn't feel like it's your fault, and thus unfair.

The downside of DCL combat defeat is it's a little too light. The post defeat options don't offer much ability to tune. For example, it would be nice to have separate chance sliders for lose items and lose gold that you could configure independent of other options - though sell through SS should strip everything except quest items ... and ideally bury it all away in a long term quest you can address two weeks later when you've escaped a chain of abusive masters. SL Adventures does this a little better too... I guess the whole point of SL Adventures is that it's mostly composed of enhanced versions of DCL mechanics.

If you're using DF, setting combat defeat up to take gold and loot items is probably what you want, and DCL can't do that, and really, DF is the new hotness for me right now.

The other thing is a lack of a bleed-out state or anything like that.

What happens a lot in DCL combat defeat is you get defeated, but follower is still up. Your health refills, and you can re-equip and start fighting immediately.

In some cases, due to script lag, it's possible to do this without a follower present.

You can call this a lucky break, but it happens a bit too often.

There should (try to) be a bleedout state with a delay before your health refills, and while you're below the min-health, you shouldn't be able to move.

I know this doesn't always work, even in DA, because of lag. But the code that does the health refill seems to run immediately, and it's the rest of the code that seems to fall behind. I think this is likely happening because fragments run pretty-much immediately, while persistent scripts in aliases can take ages to get "unwaited".

DCL could at least flag the defeat - it does know you were knocked down because it refilled your health meter - and if there are no enemies alive when it catches up, play a "blackout" and apply the post defeat event anyway, even if you managed to use the lag period to kill all your enemies.

I suspect that Kimy is legitimately nervous about disabling player controls or something like that during combat, but there ought to be something a bit more effectual than the super-quick surrender animation that plays now.

Ok I have a problem regarding the Rubber Arrears quest. I start travelling after finding the lady and as soon as I appear wherever I’m supposed to go, she turns invisible.  In fact it’s exactly as if she’s cast an invisibility spell or something as the Detect Life spell can and will detect her. I can still talk to her and interact with her when I can find her but it’s a major problem.

3 hours ago, twsnider1138 said:

Ok I have a problem regarding the Rubber Arrears quest. I start travelling after finding the lady and as soon as I appear wherever I’m supposed to go, she turns invisible.  In fact it’s exactly as if she’s cast an invisibility spell or something as the Detect Life spell can and will detect her. I can still talk to her and interact with her when I can find her but it’s a major problem.

Sounds more like the "HDT invisibility" issue than this mod in particular, sometimes NPC's fail to "materialize" fully after a load screen. There's a possible "fix" suggested that involves editing some HDT-related files to restrict radical movements and supposedly stop NPC's from disappearing, but it doesn't work for everyone. In my game it did help to keep hair and breasts from breakdancing wildly, but I still get the occasional hide-n-go-seek NPC's :confused:

14 hours ago, S4WDU5T said:

Sounds more like the "HDT invisibility" issue than this mod in particular, sometimes NPC's fail to "materialize" fully after a load screen. There's a possible "fix" suggested that involves editing some HDT-related files to restrict radical movements and supposedly stop NPC's from disappearing, but it doesn't work for everyone. In my game it did help to keep hair and breasts from breakdancing wildly, but I still get the occasional hide-n-go-seek NPC's

The fix involves setting the rate limit for linear and angular velocity on every HDT item you think could possibly vanish to 255.

This fixes the problem fairly reliably for people who can't get 60 fps often, or at all, and ironically, the lower your FPS, the more likely this is to fix your problems completely.

This is because situations where the render runs twice and physics doesn't, effectively half that rate limit back down again, and that can happen if your frame rate goes over 60.

I thought double render was impossible with ENB vsync, but it turns out that neither Skyrim nor ENB vsync properly, and can sometimes render double frames if your card is really quick and there isn't much load.

This is why I started to have problems when I moved to a new computer that can render very fast. It's also why you can never totally eliminate the problem with changes to the HDT XML files.

However, using the vsync imposed by the graphics card tools rather than ENB or Skyrim does mitigate the problem to the point where you're unlikely to see it happen.

Anyway... What you need to do to "fix" the HDT files, is for each hdt*.xml file in data\skse\plugins, you need to edit:

<hkparam name="maxLinearVelocity">
  <hkobject>
    <hkparam name="value">255</hkparam>
  </hkobject>
</hkparam>

And also these:

<hkparam name="maxAngularVelocity">
  <hkobject>
    <hkparam name="value">255</hkparam>
  </hkobject>
</hkparam>

In the original file, the "255" values will be something else, such as 127. Change them to 255.

It's XML so the spacing and line-breaks don't matter; you're looking for maxLinearVelocity and maxAngularVelocity. Search for those items and then change the associated inner value.

For some items, where these values are less than 127, you might want to leave them as they are, because those are for "heavy" objects that look terrible if they snap about like they have no inertia.

21 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

It's been a while since I turned off some of DCL and put in DA, Defeat, DH, and DC.

Four mods to do what DCL offers in a light weight form ... and not one of them has a way for you to get a key!

Reminded me that any complaints about the complexity of the DCL MCM pale in comparison to the DA + Defeat pairing, an even DH and DC have a fair bit packed in there.

Also reminded me of some of the bugs they generate, like dodgy plugs that cause your equipped weapon to go into a broken state.

There's not much those mods combined have have over DCL alone, except DA does offer more ability to configure pacify and post defeat effects, and DH allows rape to be enabled on a per-device basis, but SL Adventures sort of does DH's job better now (or at least, in a way generally simpler and more useful).

The "killer" feature is the ability to struggle in Defeat, and it's not implemented in a great way.

I dislike key masher games; would prefer something a little more strategic or puzzle based, though that seems odd in a struggle, it makes as much sense as key mashing really. But the reason for it, is sometimes a rape just triggers in a dumb way that is super unimmersive, or at a silly time, and you wish it could go away. Struggle is great for that.

One thing I do like is the ability to enable rape from enemies if you don't have a weapon out/drawn/ready, which is quite different to "disarmed" in DCL, which I don't like, and is a random chance. Being deterministic, it means you have to be careful to get your weapon out before you run in anywhere, or you might be leaving in a draugr chastity belt.

I'd prefer that to the way DCL does disarm rapes, which it just random, doesn't feel like it's your fault, and thus unfair.

The downside of DCL combat defeat is it's a little too light. The post defeat options don't offer much ability to tune. For example, it would be nice to have separate chance sliders for lose items and lose gold that you could configure independent of other options - though sell through SS should strip everything except quest items ... and ideally bury it all away in a long term quest you can address two weeks later when you've escaped a chain of abusive masters. SL Adventures does this a little better too... I guess the whole point of SL Adventures is that it's mostly composed of enhanced versions of DCL mechanics.

If you're using DF, setting combat defeat up to take gold and loot items is probably what you want, and DCL can't do that, and really, DF is the new hotness for me right now.

The other thing is a lack of a bleed-out state or anything like that.

What happens a lot in DCL combat defeat is you get defeated, but follower is still up. Your health refills, and you can re-equip and start fighting immediately.

In some cases, due to script lag, it's possible to do this without a follower present.

You can call this a lucky break, but it happens a bit too often.

There should (try to) be a bleedout state with a delay before your health refills, and while you're below the min-health, you shouldn't be able to move.

I know this doesn't always work, even in DA, because of lag. But the code that does the health refill seems to run immediately, and it's the rest of the code that seems to fall behind. I think this is likely happening because fragments run pretty-much immediately, while persistent scripts in aliases can take ages to get "unwaited".

DCL could at least flag the defeat - it does know you were knocked down because it refilled your health meter - and if there are no enemies alive when it catches up, play a "blackout" and apply the post defeat event anyway, even if you managed to use the lag period to kill all your enemies.

I suspect that Kimy is legitimately nervous about disabling player controls or something like that during combat, but there ought to be something a bit more effectual than the super-quick surrender animation that plays now.

Of the 4 mods above I use Defeat as part of my setup because of the limited functionality of DCL combat defeat. I cannot go without Defeat, but DA is terrible, DH never got updated properly and DC is slow to add items. on the other hand Deviously Enslaved is much faster than it used to be and equips DD items post combat :smile:

On 5/20/2018 at 1:14 AM, Kimy said:

Yes, there is one color set not in DD yet - Bronze. I will put that on our to-do list!

Also keep in mind that DCL and CD are currently incompatible, as CD didn't get updated to DD4.x. CD is one of my favorite mods too, but alas, it doesn't work correctly with DD4.

I have removed CD from my load order and hope that Veladarius eventually updates it to DD4 as it has been part of my game for so long. also its probably been mentioned already but i noticed the damsel in distress quest is no longer in the MCM?

on a side note, I have just tried playing a new start with DCL6.4 loaded and when i play the DCL LAL extension none of the containers are dropping DD items, only keys, whereas with DCL6.3 they did. if i just do another LAL start (ie camping in the woods) and search containers like the sacks in bandit camp nearby, i get DD items straight up.

55 minutes ago, Maddac said:

I have removed CD from my load order and hope that Veladarius eventually updates it to DD4 as it has been part of my game for so long. also its probably been mentioned already but i noticed the damsel in distress quest is no longer in the MCM?

on a side note, I have just tried playing a new start with DCL6.4 loaded and when i play the DCL LAL extension none of the containers are dropping DD items, only keys, whereas with DCL6.3 they did. if i just do another LAL start (ie camping in the woods) and search containers like the sacks in bandit camp nearby, i get DD items straight up.

Yes, Kimy mentioned that she disabled the damsel in distress event, because it was broken. She'll fix it and add it in a future update again.

In the 6.4 release notes (see page 647) Kimy said something about DD items not dropping anymore if some quests are running.

5 hours ago, Maddac said:

. on the other hand Deviously Enslaved is much faster than it used to be and equips DD items post combat :smile:

DEC does nothing related to combat, all it does is stop working during combat to prevent awkward mid-combat approaches, and lags behind combat too, doing nothing for awhile after combat ends.

Unless post-combat to you is your follower finding items after combat, I think you're thinking of another mod.

I have somewhat of a suggestion, since there are things like shock plug and stuff, how about make more plug that have more function to them. Like a paralyzer plug, gets charged up when you use magic and then randomly unleashes paralyzing effect. Additional functions that make you reconsider your choices in gameplay would make this mod much more dynamic. The shock plug are a cool idea but they don't really do anything other than send a message and play a shock effect, if they made more consequences it would be a great edition.

I've also thought of a warm plug and cold plug for frostfall integration where the warm one makes you more resistant to cold and the cold one make it harder to become warm, would make them myself but i lack the skill and knowledge. 

40 minutes ago, eichabbs said:

I have somewhat of a suggestion, since there are things like shock plug and stuff, how about make more plug that have more function to them. Like a paralyzer plug, gets charged up when you use magic and then randomly unleashes paralyzing effect. Additional functions that make you reconsider your choices in gameplay would make this mod much more dynamic. The shock plug are a cool idea but they don't really do anything other than send a message and play a shock effect, if they made more consequences it would be a great edition.

I've also thought of a warm plug and cold plug for frostfall integration where the warm one makes you more resistant to cold and the cold one make it harder to become warm, would make them myself but i lack the skill and knowledge. 

A paralyzing object that gets charged when you are HIT by magic would be better since it wouldn't be merely a minor nuisance to those who are warriors.  It wouldn't necessarily have to be a plug either since then consequences of being paralyzed in battle might leave you wishing your character wasn't plugged in one or more holes.

Perhaps add some "consequences" versions of the arm and leg cuffs  since there are  already lots of consequence collars and plugs.

Been awhile since I was here cuz my GPU burned out. Got back into Skyrim now & played thru some, but remembered I was bound in DCL gear while in SD+ enslavement & cuz of that, DCL is filtering my animations to only play Zap animations even tho I disabled Zap's & DDi's a long time ago. Is there a console command or TS5Edit method to disable this filter?