• 2 weeks later...

Um, what to do again if already answered - when SLAC says <creature> could not find any partners. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling SLAC and RemoveFromFaction. No change. I suspect it's Hypothermia fucking it up as it did some weird shit to my character earlier.

edit: well shiiit. Everything is giving me 'could not find any partners' messages. I don't know if regular arousal based engagements are bugged too, but invinite does nothing with anything - just displays said message. That's even after removing Hypothermia and cleaning the save.

edit:here's a quick papyrus log.

[slac] Horse could not find any partners
[slac] Horse: Eva(arousal)

... and so on.

I'm guessing my PC is no longer in a required faction? Whuh? Tested regular arousal initiated engagements and they work fine. It's just invite that's acting up.

Invite is still broken for me, dunno why. Anyway, I went by Riverwood earlier, much earlier. Ran into a dragon and then later Stump. Now with this character I made sure the Stump as a frostbite spider quest dialogue played out - however, despite Stump having arousal to spare, he won't jump me - not using invite, just arousal based which still works. Debug says he's 'busy'.

Can the mod show the animal's arousal with an erectoin and give the player the option to approach the animale and trigger the animation?

Choose to please the aroused animal, that is.

Also, has a mod for Skyrim come out that has the creature play its default sound effects while engaged in sex?  There was one for Oblivion that did this and it was great.  Silent animals are a bit odd.

I think there's a feature in Nude Creatures which when enabled will show the erect meshes past a certain arousal threshold. Also I'm using Untamed which gives you an option when talking to a beast follower to start a scene directly(shameless plug). There's probably something like that in beastess too but i don't use that one so idk

Has anyone seen the Creature Arousal show up on creatures when they above the threshold for arousal but under for initiating a sex scene? I have yet to see an actual aroused creature using that feature. Just wondered if it was working?

Has anyone seen the Creature Arousal show up on creatures when they above the threshold for arousal but under for initiating a sex scene? I have yet to see an actual aroused creature using that feature. Just wondered if it was working?

If you are using the latest version of MNC that uses Creature Framework, the same option option (show creatures as aroused over a certain threshold) exists in CF and may be conflicting/overriding the option from this mod. 

I find it works best to disable the option in AC and set it up to the your preferred arousal level in CF, and just let AC handle scene triggering.  I think this mod's author mentioned they may remove the option in future because CF makes it redundant. 

Apologies for the absence. Work rolled in for the new year and has been sucking up all of my time since then.

What I want to try and do is call development on v3 done and post what we have as the full release. The only real change will be the removal of the Nude Creatures soft dependency. Creature Framework now handles the display of creature arousal while the Nude Creatures option in Aroused Creatures does nothing (except maybe generate a few log errors).

I'll try to get the release tested an posted this weekend.

SexLab Framework is undergoing some changes which will have an impact on SLAC so nothing is going to change until SL v1.6 is out.

Things that will need to be addressed at that time:

Creature Sex - SL will provide a means for giving creatures explicit genders so SLAC will need to provide a means of handling this. SLAC will need a whole slew of additional settings to allow for male NPCs "taking advantage" of female creatures. There also needs to be a means for male PCs to do the same on-demand. There is a real threat here that the already huge stack of conditions for each engagement is going to start lagging on less powerful machines.

Aroused - It's possible that the new SL will have a built-in arousal system which would require some adjustments - but this is actually a fairly minor thing, The source of the numbers is not really important.

Creature animation system - I'm not 100% sure what's happening here and how much this will affect functionality. Someone posted a workaround for the limitations of the current creature animation selection API that would allow the filtering of aggressive animations. With the new version it is more than likely that this workaround will break, but hopefully also be unnecessary.

Planned / possible new features after SL v1.6:

Female creature support.

Consensual animation filtering.

Overhaul of the Ignore system  - Races or individual creatures will need to be manually ignored rather than the current automatic system which involves too much script attachment. This will just be like the collar system - target the creature and open the MCM then select to ignore (or un-ignore) that actor or their whole race. Some commonly ignored creature races will be included in the MCM without targeting (chickens, cows, goats, etc).

Creature Seduction - The means to play an animation that "encourages" a creature rather than the crouch option. Need an animation (or several) for this if anyone has any ideas. It would need to be something that I can include in the mod or is already installed by another common mod (which would become a dependency).

Pursuit option - this would be the ability for creatures to chase down partners rather than just wait for them to come into range. Not entirely sure this is wise as it requires radically increasing the search area for each creature in range. It will also needs to provide multiple threads for simultaneous chases and a means of either queueing or abandoning pursuit depending on the circumstances. It's a lot of work to get this functioning and avoid breaking the game.

Any ideas or observations are welcome.

Would it be possible to add exceptions to ignore engagements between parties if the other one is wearing an armbinder? None of the current animal animations really work with them, except maybe the canine cowgirl but that ends up with a doggystyle in the end too I think. Or maybe I'd better suggest that to the DD Integration team since the script ignoring animations when wearing a chastity belt is a similar thing.

I'm a little reluctant to add any more armour slots to the checks as it really slows things down.

So uh, can you elaborate on what's going on between SLAC and MNC? I'd like to update it and enjoy the new anims they've added, but I don't know if that's going to break SLAC or what.

Bump.

Also I've discovered an issue. SLAC will not trigger animations with Seekers. Other DB creatures work (Lurker, Rieklings..), but not Seekers. The only time I can get them to trigger is when I use Hentai Creatures' training functions.

Hopefully my previous post covered the one issue with MNC (displayed arousal is now handled by Creature Framework included in MNC). I'll have to take a look at seekers - I've never tested them.

Ever think about just making this for all NPCs instead of just critters.  With LV seemingly abandoned, I'd like to see an up to date mod that makes being naked in Skyrim a little more dangerous.  For the Pc, and for NPCs.

I think the conditions for the player race actors is little more involved and would probably be better served with a separate mod.

Um, what to do again if already answered - when SLAC says <creature> could not find any partners. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling SLAC and RemoveFromFaction. No change. I suspect it's Hypothermia fucking it up as it did some weird shit to my character earlier.

edit: well shiiit. Everything is giving me 'could not find any partners' messages. I don't know if regular arousal based engagements are bugged too, but invinite does nothing with anything - just displays said message. That's even after removing Hypothermia and cleaning the save.

edit:here's a quick papyrus log.

... and so on.

I'm guessing my PC is no longer in a required faction? Whuh? Tested regular arousal initiated engagements and they work fine. It's just invite that's acting up.

Invite is still broken for me, dunno why. Anyway, I went by Riverwood earlier, much earlier. Ran into a dragon and then later Stump. Now with this character I made sure the Stump as a frostbite spider quest dialogue played out - however, despite Stump having arousal to spare, he won't jump me - not using invite, just arousal based which still works. Debug says he's 'busy'.

I'd have to see what your settings are to know what's happening here. The "could not find any partners" indicates that there were no valid NPC within the Engage Radius. Make sure the radius is high enough and remember that it is in Skyrim Units - 1 unit as around 1.5cm (0.6in).

People have had problems with Stump since I added a check to ensure that the creatures and NPCs are not involved in a scene - they are reported as "busy" if they are. I think this may be a bug with the Frost Spider quest. Try this: open the console, click on Stump and enter SetActionComplete or sac. This should force him out of the scene.

Sounds good. Only thing I really miss are things like animations showing creatures rushing/jumping you - already in game for some creatures - and you falling on your ass and action commencing. And, creature sound fx - which to some extent is also in the game already. Saber cat roaring, horse whinnying/snorting, dog barking I guess (I don't remember a growl). Could make it subdued/infrequent and play with sound levels to make it seem like it's not just looping the same thing.

edit: will try Stump fix later, thanks. My radius is pretty small, I think 60 units, but heck, I'm standing/sneaking next to so and so, and it still says could not find partners. Then again, invite used to work when I used to use SPERG. Maybe... vanilla sneak, although mine really isn't that high, kinda turns me invisible? That's what it sounds like. The debug isn't very descriptive in this case.

edit: double checked real quick. Actually engage radius is 512 units so default, cloak is 60 feet. But I'm pretty sure those settings worked for me last playthrough.

Sounds good. Only thing I really miss are things like animations showing creatures rushing/jumping you - already in game for some creatures - and you falling on your ass and action commencing. And, creature sound fx - which to some extent is also in the game already. Saber cat roaring, horse whinnying/snorting, dog barking I guess (I don't remember a growl). Could make it subdued/infrequent and play with sound levels to make it seem like it's not just looping the same thing.

The idea of a wolf/dog lunging at the PC or a horse rearing and knocking down your character for non-consensual engagements sounds really intriguing.  I suppose things like falmer/drauger could do the same with a swat/attack animation.  No idea how such a thing could be implemented or if followers ect would have a problem with it.

The noises thing would also be great, but I think that falls under the umbrella of something that would have to be implemented in SL itself or MNC, and not a mod like SAC that simply acts as a trigger condition framework for animations.

edit: will try Stump fix later, thanks. My radius is pretty small, I think 60 units, but heck, I'm standing/sneaking next to so and so, and it still says could not find partners. Then again, invite used to work when I used to use SPERG. Maybe... vanilla sneak, although mine really isn't that high, kinda turns me invisible? That's what it sounds like. The debug isn't very descriptive in this case.

edit: double checked real quick. Actually engage radius is 512 units so default, cloak is 60 feet. But I'm pretty sure those settings worked for me last playthrough.

The "could not find any partners" report happens in a rather particular circumstance: The creature is at or above the required arousal threshold, the PC/NPC Preference is set to No Preference and there are no valid NPCs/PC within the Engage Radius. At this stage it is SexLab that decides if an actor is valid. You could try increasing the Engage Radius to something much higher, say 1000 units.

The idea of a wolf/dog lunging at the PC or a horse rearing and knocking down your character for non-consensual engagements sounds really intriguing.  I suppose things like falmer/drauger could do the same with a swat/attack animation.  No idea how such a thing could be implemented or if followers ect would have a problem with it.

The noises thing would also be great, but I think that falls under the umbrella of something that would have to be implemented in SL itself or MNC, and not a mod like SAC that simply acts as a trigger condition framework for animations.

If the pursuit option is usable at all then an attack animation for the creatures, and possibly a cower animation for the NPCs, would be a desirable part of that. It would just use the vanilla combat animations.

Support for animal voices has been discussed in the SL dev thread but it remains to be seen if this can be implemented.

Also I've discovered an issue. SLAC will not trigger animations with Seekers. Other DB creatures work (Lurker, Rieklings..), but not Seekers. The only time I can get them to trigger is when I use Hentai Creatures' training functions.

Took a quick look at the seekers. Turns out they do not have the ActorTypeCreature keyword which means the cloak is not hitting them at all. Instead they have the ActorTypeDaedra which they share with the dremora.

I'll have to add that keyword to the cloak conditions for the next release.

numbering your points to reply to each.

Apologies for the absence. Work rolled in for the new year and has been sucking up all of my time since then.

What I want to try and do is call development on v3 done and post what we have as the full release. The only real change will be the removal of the Nude Creatures soft dependency. Creature Framework now handles the display of creature arousal while the Nude Creatures option in Aroused Creatures does nothing (except maybe generate a few log errors).

I'll try to get the release tested an posted this weekend.

SexLab Framework is undergoing some changes which will have an impact on SLAC so nothing is going to change until SL v1.6 is out.

Things that will need to be addressed at that time:

1 Creature Sex - SL will provide a means for giving creatures explicit genders so SLAC will need to provide a means of handling this. SLAC will need a whole slew of additional settings to allow for male NPCs "taking advantage" of female creatures. There also needs to be a means for male PCs to do the same on-demand. There is a real threat here that the already huge stack of conditions for each engagement is going to start lagging on less powerful machines.

Aroused - It's possible that the new SL will have a built-in arousal system which would require some adjustments - but this is actually a fairly minor thing, The source of the numbers is not really important.

Creature animation system - I'm not 100% sure what's happening here and how much this will affect functionality. Someone posted a workaround for the limitations of the current creature animation selection API that would allow the filtering of aggressive animations. With the new version it is more than likely that this workaround will break, but hopefully also be unnecessary.

Planned / possible new features after SL v1.6:

Female creature support.

Consensual animation filtering.

2 Overhaul of the Ignore system  - Races or individual creatures will need to be manually ignored rather than the current automatic system which involves too much script attachment. This will just be like the collar system - target the creature and open the MCM then select to ignore (or un-ignore) that actor or their whole race. Some commonly ignored creature races will be included in the MCM without targeting (chickens, cows, goats, etc).

3 Creature Seduction - The means to play an animation that "encourages" a creature rather than the crouch option. Need an animation (or several) for this if anyone has any ideas. It would need to be something that I can include in the mod or is already installed by another common mod (which would become a dependency).

4 Pursuit option - this would be the ability for creatures to chase down partners rather than just wait for them to come into range. Not entirely sure this is wise as it requires radically increasing the search area for each creature in range. It will also needs to provide multiple threads for simultaneous chases and a means of either queueing or abandoning pursuit depending on the circumstances. It's a lot of work to get this functioning and avoid breaking the game.

Any ideas or observations are welcome.

1) Why not have a toggle to make creatures all default to one gender or another. Then if someone has a weaker system they can just toggle all the creatures to just one gender? Or to toggle off the on demand, this would leave the options in but let people tweak it for their system.

2) Very cool, having a page of toggles to turn off or on creatures so people can pick and choose the ones they want. Also it would be easier to add new ones later if more animals get added.

3) This animation might be a good one for that. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33097/?

4) That would be cool, you could even have the animal run into rear up and knock over etc the character and knock the PC or NPC into the animation I posted above. I would recommend if you do this to have a sliding scale on the range the creature can notice and chance down a PC. So the player can tweak it to their needs and what their system is able to handle. Might want to look at Defeat or submit for this as both handle several attackers at once.

For suggestions, why not have a aroused creature who is not yet ready but close. Start to following the character, then they would show their arousal while following and finally jump on the character. This might help with the chase down feature too to make it come in stages. Give them a limited range of following before they give up and go back.

This would give the PC some warning they are being stalked and a chance to maybe run away if they want. Anyways just a thought.

numbering your points to reply to each.

1) Why not have a toggle to make creatures all default to one gender or another. Then if someone has a weaker system they can just toggle all the creatures to just one gender? Or to toggle off the on demand, this would leave the options in but let people tweak it for their system.

2) Very cool, having a page of toggles to turn off or on creatures so people can pick and choose the ones they want. Also it would be easier to add new ones later if more animals get added.

3) This animation might be a good one for that. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33097/?

4) That would be cool, you could even have the animal run into rear up and knock over etc the character and knock the PC or NPC into the animation I posted above. I would recommend if you do this to have a sliding scale on the range the creature can notice and chance down a PC. So the player can tweak it to their needs and what their system is able to handle. Might want to look at Defeat or submit for this as both handle several attackers at once.

For suggestions, why not have a aroused creature who is not yet ready but close. Start to following the character, then they would show their arousal while following and finally jump on the character. This might help with the chase down feature too to make it come in stages. Give them a limited range of following before they give up and go back.

This would give the PC some warning they are being stalked and a chance to maybe run away if they want. Anyways just a thought.

The thing about creature sex is that assignment would be handled by SL and I would imagine that animation filtering would happen there too. We'll probably have to wait and see how the system pans out but I imagine AC will just be offering options on what to do with the different sexes. If a player wants all animals to be male I think that would be a setting in SL (just guessing here).

Not sure if I'll have a full list of vanilla and DLC creature toggles as it's pretty dull to deal with and would likely get used once per playthrough. More likely it will be a dozen likely-to-be-ignored vanilla creatures like the farm animals that have no animations. Everything else would be handled by a target select option.

Using that crawling animation is already possible for those willing to work with the baggage of PCEA. It's not really what I had in mind as it's a sneak animation rather than an in-place idle (the player wouldn't really animate, they'd just drop to all-fours and stay there). The ideal would actually be creature-specific foreplay handled by SL, but I'm not an animator (at least not a good one) so that's off the cards. The next best would be a sort of come-hither animation, on all-fours but with more definite movements. An alternative might be a sensual dance animation or similar.

The attack animation as part of the pursuit is a definite possibility, it wouldn't have to involve an actual attack so wouldn't change behaviours at all. Yes, for the pursuit the engage radius would become an adjustable aggro radius. I'm not sure about knock-down without a specific animation - the ragdoll system is too messy and could cause essential NPCs to fall off the map in some high-fps setups.

Not sure if a follow system would work from a logistical stand point since it would close the distance prior to the pursuit so when the chase actually starts it would end almost immediately. I suppose there could be a forced duration for the stages as we see in Lover's Victim but that always bugged me when the attacker cornered a victim and couldn't do anything but stand there until the timer was up. There may still be options for this though.

The attack animation as part of the pursuit is a definite possibility, it wouldn't have to involve an actual attack so wouldn't change behaviours at all. Yes, for the pursuit the engage radius would become an adjustable aggro radius. I'm not sure about knock-down without a specific animation - the ragdoll system is too messy and could cause essential NPCs to fall off the map in some high-fps setups.

Honestly, I think the vanilla stumble/bleed-out animation with a forced 3rd persona camera would work as a fine placeholder for pursuit, especially if it could be timed with the creature attack animation followed by engagement (similarly to how Defeat uses it).  If a nice animator wanted to create a creature submit idle, that would be great as a animation to play prior to consensual engagements or when the player uses the invite hotkey.

Have not tested possible Stump fix yet, was busy in Soltsheim, but did try to 'fix' invite. Turned off sitting ignore/on hit interrupt. Set engage radius to 1k. Nope. Creaturename could not find any partners. Set arousal req to 0 - was at 10, my arousal was at 18 so should trigger - invite works, but with debug still on, I get messages that Creaturename could not find any partners. Possible that's the message from the other nearby creature. But yeah, why wouldn't invite trigger with 10 even though my arousal is above it? But then triggers fine with 0? Which is what it must have been in my previous playthrough which as I mentioned had invite work fine.

Have not tested possible Stump fix yet, was busy in Soltsheim, but did try to 'fix' invite. Turned off sitting ignore/on hit interrupt. Set engage radius to 1k. Nope. Creaturename could not find any partners. Set arousal req to 0 - was at 10, my arousal was at 18 so should trigger - invite works, but with debug still on, I get messages that Creaturename could not find any partners. Possible that's the message from the other nearby creature. But yeah, why wouldn't invite trigger with 10 even though my arousal is above it? But then triggers fine with 0? Which is what it must have been in my previous playthrough which as I mentioned had invite work fine.

The invite arousal is the arousal of the creature. With invite enabled the PCs arousal is ignored.

I'll upload SexLab Aroused Creatures v03.0 shortly.

This is a full release of v3 and there will no further feature additions until we go for v4 after SexLab v1.6 is released.

Changes in v03.0:

• Fixed: Out-by-1 errors in some arousal checks.
  • Fixed: Seekers and Dremora being ignored.
  • Added: Engage Radius now uses feet instead of Skyrim units in the MCM.
  • Removed: Nude Creatures arousal display feature (this is now handled by Creature Framework).

I would recommend making a clean save before installing this version due to the changes script in properties.

I'll also be removing the previous Beta files so as not to confuse future users.

This is a full release of v3 and there will no further feature additions until we go for v4 after SexLab v1.6 is released.

Changes in v03.0:

• Removed: Nude Creatures arousal display feature (this is now handled by Creature Framework).

I would recommend making a clean save before installing this version due to the changes script in properties.

I'll also be removing the previous Beta files so as not to confuse future users.

Can this still be adjusted in the MCM on what level they need to show and when they act? I am assuming use but checking.

Changes in v03.0:

Can this still be adjusted in the MCM on what level they need to show and when they act? I am assuming use but checking.

The arousal display setting can now be found in the Creature Framework MCM -> General. All the other arousal thresholds are still in AC.

Hmmm. Was reading the description again and a thought came to me. Have you considered having 'seductive' dialog of a sort? For instance, if it's set to only engage in sex when you are crouching or whatever, a nearby aroused creature approaches, like a dog, and displays a message to the effect of "The dog starts nipping at your heels and jumping on your from behind, wrapping his paws around your hips and trying to pull you down to the ground." Would be a kinda immersive indicator that a nearby animal is aroused and waiting for you to crouch and stuff.

Hmmm. Was reading the description again and a thought came to me. Have you considered having 'seductive' dialog of a sort? For instance, if it's set to only engage in sex when you are crouching or whatever, a nearby aroused creature approaches, like a dog, and displays a message to the effect of "The dog starts nipping at your heels and jumping on your from behind, wrapping his paws around your hips and trying to pull you down to the ground." Would be a kinda immersive indicator that a nearby animal is aroused and waiting for you to crouch and stuff.

It's a possibility as an option. The problem is that the only reasonable place to show this text is in the notification area which can see a lot of traffic and is difficult to use for more than a dozen words per message. So likely it wouldn't be anything on the level of Apropos, just a brief mention such as "An aroused dog has taken an interest in you."

Ideally what I'd like to do is remove the need to "tell" the player what's happing by showing it to them instead. The example would be having a creature close to the arousal threshold following the PC and perhaps using some sort of animation such as trying to jump on them. Not sure yet if this is going to be possible.