Set the Ignore to 0, I did the two hour wait, then waited around a horse for 5 minutes, still nothing.

And after a good ten minutes of figuring out how to set up, and then find, the papyrus log, I've got that; though it's quite large, possibly spammed, as I activated the debug, used the 'N' hotkey, and went in and out of crouch a few times, before just quitting to desktop. Here you are:

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

For some reason the SLAC config is not loading so there is no connection between the MCM and the rest of the mod. That basically means it's not running at all. I've not seen that before.

Which version of SkyUI are you using? Are you seeing any problems with other MCM-driven mods?

The only thing I can suggest is completely uninstalling SLAC, making a clean save and then reinstalling. See if that fixes it. If you want to be extra sure you can use the Save Game Script Cleaner and remove anything starting with slac_.

SkyUI 5.0 is what I'm using, and it doesn't seem to be messing with any other mods. BUT;  I uninstalled SLAC, did the clean save, and reinstalled it. Now it's working as intended. Now I just need to figure out a hopefully unrelated problem (Defeat's surrender hotkey no longer works -.-), but as far as SLAC is, it's all good.

Thank you for the help, and hopefully in the future this mod will be able to work with hostile creatures : P .

@ Sailing Rebel I would like to give the german translation a try. I have TESVTranslator and I`ve seen that you already created a folder for the translations. What now, do I use the the MCM function of the translator on the geraman file and when I am done send you the file or how does it work? Oh, and great mod thank you.

@ Sailing Rebel I would like to give the german translation a try. I have TESVTranslator and I`ve seen that you already created a folder for the translations. What now, do I use the the MCM function of the translator on the geraman file and when I am done send you the file or how does it work? Oh, and great mod thank you.

All that's needed is to find the "SexLab Aroused Creatures_GERMAN.txt" file in Data\Interface\Translations and translate the contents. This file is currently in English.

These files are formatted with a key, followed by a tab, followed by the value. So all that needs to be done is to translate each value. You can find out more about the MCM localisation system here (it's about halfway down the page - can't link directly as their anchor tags are screwed up).

Note that in the current version of SLAC only the MCM fields are localised. I'll need to see about providing localisation support for in-game notifications in future versions.

What I can do for distribution is provide the translated SexLab Aroused Creatures_GERMAN.txt as a separate download so it can just be installed to overwrite the existing file. If the localisation file is not updated between versions then I can include the translation in the update.

So after having to do a fresh install of everything after putting in a mod that broke everything, I've noticed Aroused Creatures isn't doing anything. It's installed and the menu is there in my settings; I can change and alter levels and such, but nothing happens in game. One thing I noticed different is using the 'N' key to read the levels of my character and the creature doesn't fully work either, it only says "Sexlab Aroused Target" or such, and lists the name of the creature.

The animations work, as I tried it with Match Maker, although the third or so switch using SL's 'O' key flips the creature backward, and takes a a couple more presses of 'O' to jump back to a different animation (bleh).

I reinstalled the mod, disabled/enabled the mod, but the same thing persists.

Also if this issue has been brought up before and fixed, I apologize; I used the search thread function and scooted around a few pages with it, but didn't run into anything similar.

This is most likely a problem with SexLab Aroused / Redux (whichever you are using). Try going into Aroused Creatures MCM and setting all the thresholds to 0 and see if that triggers anything. If it does then Aroused is probably not updating the actors' arousal levels properly. You'll need to check in the Aroused support thread for a solution to that.

I went and set all the thresholds to 0, and sat around a dog for a few minutes, and nothing happened. I used the crouch-invite with a 0 threshold as well to try and double check, and that gave me nothing as well.

Check the dogs sexual preferrence in Sexlab Aroused/Status... it seams that most, if not all animals in game (especially those added by more reatures), seam to like males only. Not sure if that's a bug or or intended, but since most people here play female chars, it's a bit annoying.

Check the dogs sexual preferrence in Sexlab Aroused/Status... it seams that most, if not all animals in game (especially those added by more reatures), seam to like males only. Not sure if that's a bug or or intended, but since most people here play female chars, it's a bit annoying.

I've not ever encountered that  issue with any animal from the base game, dlc or morecreatures.

I've not ever encountered that  issue with any animal from the base game, dlc or morecreatures.

Oh, ok, sorry... misunderstood the problem then, my bad.

Oh, ok, sorry... misunderstood the problem then, my bad.

I think I may have come off wrong there. I really didnt say it right - it sounded like I was dismissing you, sorry.

I just wanted to contribute that  I have the Aroused/MoreCreatures combo and haven't had the same experience. Given the number of complaints, I'd guess most people don't have issues either, or SailingRebel wouldve been buried by reports. Of course, since some others have reported the same issue as you, something must be going on somewhere with some SL itself or some mod.

I actually havent ever checked the orientation of any creature - so I could be missing something - but animal arousal + resulting mountings of my female character have always worked fine in my previous installs. (Lets hope it works fine in my next install.)

Also, I saw your post in the other thread where a few others also had your issue. Since that thread was started in January, and morecreatures was released several months after that, something else was causing that issue for those posters.

I hope you figure it out.

@@Sailing Rebel I had a similar problem to that @orexius encountered. Namely the creatures beeing ... well uninterested in N/PC.

I am using SkyUI 5.0 as well and tried the same stuff as said in his bug hunt. Setting all tresholds to 0, reinstalling SLAC using a clean save where the cleaning was done with save cleaner help, modifiying the load order despite was LOOT said ... With no conclusion.

Last thing I tried was uninstalling Bestial Essence which has done the trick. Weird because that mod has no interaction with creatures at all, as all semen donors are custom NPC and no creatures.

Bottom line is: the current version of Bestial Essence is conflicting with Aroused Creatures.

@@Sailing Rebel I had a similar problem to that @orexius encountered. Namely the creatures beeing ... well uninterested in N/PC.

I am using SkyUI 5.0 as well and tried the same stuff as said in his bug hunt. Setting all tresholds to 0, reinstalling SLAC using a clean save where the cleaning was done with save cleaner help, modifiying the load order despite was LOOT said ... With no conclusion.

Last thing I tried was uninstalling Bestial Essence which has done the trick. Weird because that mod has no interaction with creatures at all, as all semen donors are custom NPC and no creatures.

Bottom line is: the current version of Bestial Essence is conflicting with Aroused Creatures.

You're right, it shouldn't be conflicting. I'll take a look at it when I get a chance.

If you see anything like this again I would recommend turning on the debugging option in the Aroused Creatures MCM so we can see what's happening in detail in the papyrus log (and remember to turn it off again when you're done as it can spam your log).

SexLab Aroused Creatures v4.0 Alpha 03 (2015-09-18)

This is an Alpha build of the next version of Aroused Creatures intended for testing and feedback, not for extended play or use on any important saves. it will only function with SexLab Framework v1.59c and later. Animation filtering and creature gender will only function with v1.60 RC2 and later.

This build will contain bugs, will break your game, prevent progress, cause drought and pestilence.

Still want to help out and see what the next version has to offer? Please read on.

I'm posting these alpha builds here instead of the SLAC download page to discourage regular users from installing them and ruining their saves. Since this mod is still under development and might see reversion and base form changes it could make future upgrade impossible for any save file that has seen the mod.

This version is for testing only so I really appreciate any feedback. If you are seeing in-game bugs or unexpected problems then please enable debugging in the Aroused Creatures MCM and post the log with your observations.

The Alpha is not feature-complete. It currently does not support use of animations with multiple creatures.

If you have any ideas about new features that could be included or existing features that might require amendments I'd like to hear about them. In particular I'd like feedback on supporting male PC and NPCs and how multiple creature animations might be implemented in a sensible way (that actually has a chance of being seen in-game).

If you installed the "SexLab Creature Pack For v1.60 RC2 Aggressive Patch DO NOT INSTALL" and/or "SexLab More Nasty Critters v8.33 Aggressive Patch DO NOT INSTALL" with SLAC v4.0 Alpha 01 these should be removed. SLAC will now attempt to add the Aggressive tags dynamically.

Changelog

v4 Alpha 03 (2015-09-18)

• Added: Very basic support for creature gender filtering (only FF/MM pair filtering for the moment).
  • Added: Aggressive Animation Toggles MCM page for setting which animations will be filtered for consensual and non-consensual engagements.
  • Added: PC gender option as basic support for gender switching, so the PC can be automatically ignored when male for example.
  • Fixed: Non-consensual animations not registering actors as victims.
  • Fixed: PC/NPC Preference always using No Preference regardless of setting.

v4 Alpha 02 (2015-08-18)

• Added: Support for SexLab Framework 1.59c without animation filtering
  • Added: Aggressive tags added dynamically to known SL and MNC creature animations (not currently configurable).
  • Changed: Animation filtering now uses the new GetCreatureAnimationsByRaceTags() function.
  • Fixed: Missing slac_Utility.pex (...seriously. I uploaded the wrong archive)

v4 Alpha 01

•     Added: Pursuit options for PC and NPCs including consensual seeking behaviour for aroused NPCs.
  •     Added: Aggressive/Consensual animation filtering.
  •     Changed: Default Engage Radius from 24ft to 60ft to better accommodate pursuit.
  •     Changed: Default Required Arousal for both PC and NPCs from Both to Creature Only.
  •     Removed: Creature ignore effect.
  •     Fixed: Incorrect conversion from feet to Skyrim units for Engage Radius.
  •     Fixed: Cloak Radius resetting on reload.
  •     Fixed: Debug spamming notifications - Debug messages will now be sent to the console instead.
  •     Fixed: Debug option persisting through multiple sessions - debugging is now automatically disabled after SLAC maintenance in a new session.
  •     Fixed: SLAC Active Actor Spell addition showing in notification area during engagement.

Known Bugs

• Some NPCs enter combat when hit with the creature pounce behaviour. Because of this the pounce attack is disabled by default for both PC and NPCs.

Known "Features"

• NPCs in the main world space will be chased off into the wilderness. If this is troubling then disable Victims Flee in the NPC Pursuit options.
  • There are a very limited number of animations for each creature race so the pool of aggressive animations is even smaller. In most cases there will only be one or two, in others there will be no animations at all and the system will fall back to using any available animation.
  • Pursuit can fail at the end, typically as the conditions have changed since the pursuit started, this can include entering combat, opening the dialogue menu or drawing weapons (depending on SLAC options). Use the debug option to see why a victim/attacker test failed.
  • Creature's nude models will sometimes not be equipped. This is not an issue with SLAC. Please refer to the Creature Framework and More Nasty Critters support threads for information on this issue.

Requirements

Recommended

• More Nasty Critters For the additional animations and for the Hentai Creature spells to provide creatures for testing.
  • SexLab More Creatures The latest version or More Creature in particular adds too many dogs and horses to the Whiterun stables area which, in this instance, is actually useful for testing.

SexLab Aroused Creatures v4.0 Alpha 02.7z

SexLab Aroused Creatures v4.0 Alpha 03.7z

neat

Don't only draugr and skeever have multiple creature animations? Those are often in packs so perhaps when skeever is in range of PC instead of just directly jumping on him when arousal is high enough, mod could somehow scan for nearby skeevers and have percentage chance to mark and include them based on arousal or something :shy:

Edit: I mean it would require working with hostile creatures buuuut... yea :angel:

Maybe that's just it. Hostile creatures work only for multiple creature animation, its not like theres any way to hold dragonborn down but overwhelming her with numbers :lol:

Now if only there was such animation for wolves :wub:

Don't see how you would do it by staying with friendly creatures only. Sure you could add skeevers all over the place. But random friendly draugr near/inside crypts? Naaah

neat

Don't only draugr and skeever have multiple creature animations? Those are often in packs so perhaps when skeever is in range of PC instead of just directly jumping on him when arousal is high enough, mod could somehow scan for nearby skeevers and have percentage chance to mark and include them based on arousal or something :shy:

Edit: I mean it would require working with hostile creatures buuuut... yea :angel:

Maybe that's just it. Hostile creatures work only for multiple creature animation, its not like theres any way to hold dragonborn down but overwhelming her with numbers :lol:

Now if only there was such animation for wolves :wub:

Don't see how you would do it by staying with friendly creatures only. Sure you could add skeevers all over the place. But random friendly draugr near/inside crypts? Naaah

Naturally, with the limited number of 3p+ animations the opportunities to use them are equally limited. But without providing support for them we end up in a chicken-and-egg scenario where animators won't create the animations because they're not supported and mod makers won't build the support because there are no animations.

This is the same reasoning for wanting to build support for female creature filtering even though there are understandable barriers to the provision of supported female creature animations.

The lack of friendly creatures in the vanilla world is a problem. I would typically expect a user of this mod to also use Hentai Creatures from MNC to add friendly creatures that would otherwise be hostile, or at least use SexLab More Creatures to add more dogs and horses to the world so that they have something to work with.

Uploaded the latest Alpha version of Aroused Creatures here (v4.0 Alpha 02)

v4 Alpha 02

• Added: Support for SexLab Framework 1.59c without animation filtering
  • Added: Aggressive tags added dynamically to known SL and MNC creature animations (not currently configurable).
  • Changed: Animation filtering now uses the new GetCreatureAnimationsByRaceTags() function.
  • Fixed: Missing slac_Utility.pex (...seriously. I uploaded the wrong archive)

Gave alpha 2 a try with SL 1.59c, and honestly I couldn't find any obvious bugs/issues.  Once I had the settings right the pursuit/engagement seemed to work great, even with creature arousal set to 0 and 10 extra npcs spawned at the Whiterun stables with more critters running (it got busy).  Papyrus doesn't seem to have any indications of problems.

I was testing on Adaptive for both PC/NPC, 0 creature arousal, 50 PC/NPC arousal, Creatures only matter, pursuit/pounce on, filters off.  Crouch toggle was invite but I never tried it.

Non-bug related comments:

- distance/duration of pursuit in an open area seems about right.  An npc can get a fair distance but I never saw one get out of eyesight.  Also the fact that a creature will "pursue" even a willing target and engage rather than the old teleport is a nice improvement.

- Creature pounce seemed to work just fine for both NPCs and PC, altho none of the NPCs I tested on were guards or aggressive npcs.  Added bonus of this feature is that civilian npcs will use their voice clips for being under attack right as the engagement starts.  A farmer yelling "This can't be happening!" as their horse gets randy seems pretty fitting.  I will probably use this setting in a real save file even if the aggressive npcs thing isn't fixable, as it kinda makes sense that a bandit leader might not take kindly to the camp mutt jumping on her.

- Animation filtering isn't something I tested because 1.59c, but with the limited amount of animations available on things that aren't trolls or werewolves it's probably a feature I'll pass by anyway.  Apropos already helps a lot with more "consensual" looking animations by at least providing contextual commentary.

- It was difficult to tell since I had engagements firing so quickly, but I'm not sure that creatures added by SL More Creatures were resetting to their normal idle spots around the stables after a pursuit.  Not a big deal, since just removing/reinstalling more creatures would reset them if they got too messed up as a playthrough goes on.

Update looks good, and I'm glad to see a 1.59c version will be available for late adopters. 

Gave alpha 2 a try with SL 1.59c, and honestly I couldn't find any obvious bugs/issues.  Once I had the settings right the pursuit/engagement seemed to work great, even with creature arousal set to 0 and 10 extra npcs spawned at the Whiterun stables with more critters running (it got busy).  Papyrus doesn't seem to have any indications of problems.

I was testing on Adaptive for both PC/NPC, 0 creature arousal, 50 PC/NPC arousal, Creatures only matter, pursuit/pounce on, filters off.  Crouch toggle was invite but I never tried it.

Non-bug related comments:

- distance/duration of pursuit in an open area seems about right.  An npc can get a fair distance but I never saw one get out of eyesight.  Also the fact that a creature will "pursue" even a willing target and engage rather than the old teleport is a nice improvement.

- Creature pounce seemed to work just fine for both NPCs and PC, altho none of the NPCs I tested on were guards or aggressive npcs.  Added bonus of this feature is that civilian npcs will use their voice clips for being under attack right as the engagement starts.  A farmer yelling "This can't be happening!" as their horse gets randy seems pretty fitting.  I will probably use this setting in a real save file even if the aggressive npcs thing isn't fixable, as it kinda makes sense that a bandit leader might not take kindly to the camp mutt jumping on her.

- Animation filtering isn't something I tested because 1.59c, but with the limited amount of animations available on things that aren't trolls or werewolves it's probably a feature I'll pass by anyway.  Apropos already helps a lot with more "consensual" looking animations by at least providing contextual commentary.

- It was difficult to tell since I had engagements firing so quickly, but I'm not sure that creatures added by SL More Creatures were resetting to their normal idle spots around the stables after a pursuit.  Not a big deal, since just removing/reinstalling more creatures would reset them if they got too messed up as a playthrough goes on.

Update looks good, and I'm glad to see a 1.59c version will be available for late adopters. 

I've seen the pounce turning into a real fight triggering on Uthgerd and a couple of other unique actors. I'm wondering if it might have something to do with brawling.

Interestingly the Crouch and Allow Weapons options are tested at both the beginning and end of a pursuit. So with the right settings (Notifications off, Allow Weapons off, Crouch prevents) drawing a weapon or crouching could be used to stop a rape if you see the creature coming but you can still get caught if they blind-side you.

Actually the "Can't be happening" line is a part of the scene and will play at the end of any non-consensual pursuit even if the pounce is turned off (as long as the actor's voice type is supported). I'd like to add some alternate lines like "Not like this!" but I can't figure out where to find them.

Dogs and horses placed by More Creatures should return to their spawn points. Wolves lack the necessary behaviour (I'll need to look at that). They may get stuck on terrain from time-to-time and dither if there are a lot of NPCs around making pathing difficult. Using the wait menu should teleport them to their spots.

Thanks for the feedback! Glad it's working out for you.

Heya Sailing Rebel,

I have been testing the new alpha for a while (with SL 1.60 rc2) and here are a few observations so far (inspired by reesewow2):

On the whole I didn't run into any problems (except for the one specified below). The pouncing worked well, creatures got their "tender bits" (which seems to have been an issue for some) and the pursuits were happening. Running "screaming" through the woods being chased by a randy bear is, well, strangely fun! It sure beats a hidden bear suddenly showing up out of nowhere.

So as I said, on the whole: major thumbs up! Well done :)

Now, for the "problem" I ran into. I have the following settings in the MCM: PC/NPC engagement; creature arousal 50; pc/npc arousal 0; arousal threshold for either; Non-consent; crouch prevents; pursuit and pouncing on.

I noticed that after the cooldown period (set to 120secs), the creature will engage again, despite not being aroused. I tested this with my player horse and after two minutes, despite both of us having 0 (zero) arousal, Rogue (the horse) would persue, pounce and mount. I will attach a snippet of my papyrus log, so you can see it happening. I must say that I had this particular issue with previous versions as well, so (for me) it is not new to the alpha. Now, is this a bug or am I missing a setting somewhere? Or perhaps I am just "speshul"?

Anyway, as I said before, on the whole the alpha seems to work very well indeed. I didn't see any SLAC related errors in the logs at all. So please keep up the good work!

- Moo

P.S. speaking of moo... where are the cow animations?? ;)

SLAC alpha 2.txt

Heya Sailing Rebel,

Now, for the "problem" I ran into. I have the following settings in the MCM: PC/NPC engagement; creature arousal 50; pc/npc arousal 0; arousal threshold for either; Non-consent; crouch prevents; pursuit and pouncing on.

I noticed that after the cooldown period (set to 120secs), the creature will engage again, despite not being aroused. I tested this with my player horse and after two minutes, despite both of us having 0 (zero) arousal, Rogue (the horse) would persue, pounce and mount. I will attach a snippet of my papyrus log, so you can see it happening. I must say that I had this particular issue with previous versions as well, so (for me) it is not new to the alpha. Now, is this a bug or am I missing a setting somewhere? Or perhaps I am just "speshul"?

The problem is your settings.  "Either" means than an event will trigger as soon as either the creature or NPC/PC arousal hits the listed value... and since you have NPC/PC settings at 0 that means that it is triggering every time it can.  You probably want "Creature Only" so events will only happen when the creature value hits 50.

Heya Sailing Rebel,

The problem is your settings.  "Either" means than an event will trigger as soon as either the creature or NPC/PC arousal hits the listed value... and since you have NPC/PC settings at 0 that means that it is triggering every time it can.  You probably want "Creature Only" so events will only happen when the creature value hits 50.

OMG... can we call this an official DUH moment? Of course that would happen with the settings as I have them! Thank you so much, reesewow2. That bit just never clicked until now. *strolls away, feeling all silly and blond*

I have been banging my head against creature gender support for the last few days, an effort which has resulted in multiple reversions and rethinks with no real progress.

My thinking right now is that if you are only interested in male creature animations then the Aroused Creatures v4 Alpha 02 is probably for you. The feedback I've had says it's functioning normally. And if you have no interest in turning on creature gender in SL 1.6 it's all you will need.

The big problem with gender support is the proliferation of possible requirements. Until now the only options were whether or not you wanted male as well as female NPCs to be attacked by male creatures. When we add in the possibilities for female creatures we end up in a situation where some will want M/F and F/M, or just F/M, or just M/M, or F/F and M/M, or all permutations. And maybe they want their gender-switching PC to have an entirely different set of option depending on their current sex without having to revisit the MCM every time they change. The variations are endless I have still to figure out how to cover as many of them as possible.

The result so far is that the Aroused Creatures MCM is becoming a nightmare of interconnected conditions which I keep having to rethink every time I try to make those options work in the creature-victim selection.

I'm seriously considering making the current Alpha the next major version once SL 1.6 is settled and released. My only concern with it is that the aggressive animations are not currently configurable and I'm not sure if I need to implement such configuration in AC or if this will be supported in the new SL. But this is purely scripting and later changes should not cause problems for clean reinstallation in an ongoing game.

So, if you want the pursuit features right now and only care about male creature on female character animations it should be safe to use Alpha 02 with SL 1.59c and 1.6 RC3+.

I can, again, confirm that for me the Alpha 2 is functioning perfectly. The (non)issue I was having was a settings mistake (BIG Duh moment). I just read that Ashal feels that SL 1.60 is ready for a full release, so it should arrive this weekend (YAY).

Thank you for this awesome mod, Sailing Rebel. And for the work you've put into it to keep it up to date. :wub:

- Moo.

Gave alpha 2 a try now, after having upgraded SL to 1.60 a few hours earlier. Got a CTD after install but probably unrelated as I was in the middle of nowhere with no creatures that AC recognizes in the vicinity. That I know of. Maybe a sabrecat at most. Anyway.

Does pursue use the same distances as set in AC for regular engagements? Gave it two-three tests and it seemed to work fine. I forget now, but I don't think canines gave a bark, nor did horses whinny when initiating. Also the run up to the PC doesn't seem aggressive enough, maybe ramp up the speed a little bit, unless it ends up looking ridiculous, and makes evasion impossible. Also the sounds seemed a little out of sync, but could be heavy script load. And lastly, when the PC/NPC is hit by the creature, the surrender or something animation plays. Personally I think it would look better if the PC/NPC just landed flat on the ground, got up and so on. Not sure how that would look though, or if ragdolling would make that really goofy looking.

I really don't remember what possible creature animations there are, but I'm thinking of the following scenario for the pursuit scene: animal gives off a sound effect, using canines as an example first off, growl (does that exist I keep forgetting these things), followed quickly by a bark, sit (if not already prone), stand, sit, another sound effect - pursuit, pounce, another bark, more growling, PC on ground, gets up, another bark, strip, init action. Maybe the repeated sitting would look bad unless properly synched. Maybe throw in some yelping, whining in the first stages too.

Quick idea for horses: whinny, diggin the ground with a hoof/ves (forget if this animation exists too (I think so?)), a longer whinny, pursuit, front hooves raised to pounce followed by PC/NPC on ground, whinnying, hooves rise again and whinnying, strip, etc.

EDIT: also I just ran by Dragonsreach in daytime and got jumped by a guard husky added by MC and I thought uh, is there a mod that recognizes actors engaged in intercourse and tries to prevent it? I think I saw something that fines/jails the player if they're caught but I think that's it. Correct me if I'm wrong. So I was thinking, as some kind of option in AC, have creatures only engage even if nc, at certain times of the day (set in MCM) when in civilized areas. Maybe there is a mod that already cancels engagements and you can technically do it yourself but still. Kind of a faux way of creating immersion, so creatures only engage when everyone else is asleep or something.

Gave alpha 2 a try now, after having upgraded SL to 1.60 a few hours earlier. Got a CTD after install but probably unrelated as I was in the middle of nowhere with no creatures that AC recognizes in the vicinity. That I know of. Maybe a sabrecat at most. Anyway.

Does pursue use the same distances as set in AC for regular engagements? Gave it two-three tests and it seemed to work fine. I forget now, but I don't think canines gave a bark, nor did horses whinny when initiating. Also the run up to the PC doesn't seem aggressive enough, maybe ramp up the speed a little bit, unless it ends up looking ridiculous, and makes evasion impossible. Also the sounds seemed a little out of sync, but could be heavy script load. And lastly, when the PC/NPC is hit by the creature, the surrender or something animation plays. Personally I think it would look better if the PC/NPC just landed flat on the ground, got up and so on. Not sure how that would look though, or if ragdolling would make that really goofy looking.

I really don't remember what possible creature animations there are, but I'm thinking of the following scenario for the pursuit scene: animal gives off a sound effect, using canines as an example first off, growl (does that exist I keep forgetting these things), followed quickly by a bark, sit (if not already prone), stand, sit, another sound effect - pursuit, pounce, another bark, more growling, PC on ground, gets up, another bark, strip, init action. Maybe the repeated sitting would look bad unless properly synched. Maybe throw in some yelping, whining in the first stages too.

Quick idea for horses: whinny, diggin the ground with a hoof/ves (forget if this animation exists too (I think so?)), a longer whinny, pursuit, front hooves raised to pounce followed by PC/NPC on ground, whinnying, hooves rise again and whinnying, strip, etc.

EDIT: also I just ran by Dragonsreach in daytime and got jumped by a guard husky added by MC and I thought uh, is there a mod that recognizes actors engaged in intercourse and tries to prevent it? I think I saw something that fines/jails the player if they're caught but I think that's it. Correct me if I'm wrong. So I was thinking, as some kind of option in AC, have creatures only engage even if nc, at certain times of the day (set in MCM) when in civilized areas. Maybe there is a mod that already cancels engagements and you can technically do it yourself but still. Kind of a faux way of creating immersion, so creatures only engage when everyone else is asleep or something.

Yes, the Engage Radius is used to determine how close a creature must be to an actor to begin a pursuit. So if you decide not to use pursuit you may want to use a lower value to avoid excessive teleportation.

I'm honestly not sure how to trigger creature voices other than the limited options for dogs. Most, if not all, are just not supported in the available dialogue voice types - it looks like they have voices but it's not possible to make them say anything. Well, I imagine it is possible I just don't know how to do it. Maybe I can force them to attack nothing at the start of a pursuit since the behaviour usually includes a vocal element of some type. Pretty crude workaround though.

Once the animation starts almost everything is handed over to SL so if there are any syncing issue there it may be a problem with the latest version.

Unfortunately ragdolling is out of the question as triggering an SL animation at any point before the PC recovers causes the camera to glitch out. The characters will still get instantly stood up and their positions zeroed out at the start of the animation anyway which has put me off trying to do any fancy intro sequences. I just don't know enough about the animation system to do anything else really. I may put in an option to disable the stagger animation that plays at the end of the pursuit is some find it annoying.

I think Submit or Defeat has an option for guards reacting to public sex. One thing you could do is uncheck Allow Weapons in the PC options, then, if you know a creature is after you, you can draw your weapons and he'll change his mind when he gets to you.

That's an interesting point about non-consensual options, but it's one of those things that makes me worry about option proliferation and just how complicated this mod might get. As soon as we say there is another state to consider we have to multiply the relevant options for that state and things get crazy very quickly.

I definitely think the extra options are valid - I'm actually interested in the idea of creatures acting differently at night or inside cities, or at the player home, for example - but it escalates so fast that I really start to worry it just isn't used enough to warrant the explosion of toggles and sliders in the MCM (not to mention the opportunity for users to click the wrong thing and have no idea why it's not working any more).

The fiasco with trying to support creature gender has left me second-guessing every potential new option. Maybe someone out there has some idea had to extend the functionality without the MCM turning into an IQ test.

I'm honestly not sure how to trigger creature voices other than the limited options for dogs. Most, if not all, are just not supported in the available dialogue voice types - it looks like they have voices but it's not possible to make them say anything. Well, I imagine it is possible I just don't know how to do it. Maybe I can force them to attack nothing at the start of a pursuit since the behaviour usually includes a vocal element of some type. Pretty crude workaround though.

For this at least there may be something in the future to make it simple, as I noticed Ashal has listed "Creature voices" as a feature intended to be added in the next major update to SL.