17 hours ago, auratuspestis said:

hello, gonna necropost but it seems that my "invite creature" function doesnt work at all, dunno why it doesnt

14 minutes ago, Verip said:

Having the same problem as the poster above. The mod doesn't seem to work when I use the invite function.

The LE version of Aroused Creatures is no longer supported.

Very seriously, right now, today, go buy Skyrim Special Edition. It's 10 bucks in the Steam Summer Sale. And that's for everything needed to mod the game (you do not need the Anniversary Edition DLC). This is the version targeted for the most up-to-date mod development, including Aroused Creatures SE.

If it has to be LE, then I would recommend using OsmelMC's backport of Aroused Creatures SE. But keep in mind that any support for the patched version will need to come from the patch author.

On 7/6/2023 at 9:05 AM, Sailing Rebel said:

The LE version of Aroused Creatures is no longer supported.

Very seriously, right now, today, go buy Skyrim Special Edition. It's 10 bucks in the Steam Summer Sale. And that's for everything needed to mod the game (you do not need the Anniversary Edition DLC). This is the version targeted for the most up-to-date mod development, including Aroused Creatures SE.

If it has to be LE, then I would recommend using OsmelMC's backport of Aroused Creatures SE. But keep in mind that any support for the patched version will need to come from the patch author.

Defeat doesn't seem to load on SE, SOS doesn't work on SE, A number of other preferenced mods don't work on SE. Not worth upgrading until they do.

Edit*: I have SE. I've tried my mod list to death on SE. Because of AE, half of them are next to broken.

Edited by Verip
  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/9/2023 at 2:08 PM, Verip said:

Defeat doesn't seem to load on SE, SOS doesn't work on SE, A number of other preferenced mods don't work on SE. Not worth upgrading until they do.

Edit*: I have SE. I've tried my mod list to death on SE. Because of AE, half of them are next to broken.

I have had trouble with mods, but Defeat and SOS does work fine on SE AE

• 6 months later...

ugh...

Trying to rebuild my modded sexy Skyrim and I'm hitting a brick wall here.

I'm getting the " *** is not insterested in mating with you" 100% Arousal just keeps climbing...

Double checked the mod installed correctly... oddly enough it didn't... Fixed that but same issue.

Triple checked that FNIS Is up to date... yep... Same for FNIS Creatures... issue remains.

Saw something listed here about checking Sexlab Aroused for LOS or Naked actors to change Arousal... (had this on as my character is basically naked as a slave)... turned it off... same issue.

Tried loading a save from before the mod and all this was started... same issue.

Hmmm... Matchmaker... Animation Plays... weird... so it's not any of the previous issues if the animations play.... hmmmmmmmm... (I saw that mentioned with the above FNIS Creatures issue)  This also means that SexLab Creature Animations is turned on and I do have animations///

I need somewhere else to look... What else would cause Arousal to rise/fall in creatures but no animations happen... no pursue nothing...????

1 hour ago, NatanusLikens said:

ugh...

Trying to rebuild my modded sexy Skyrim and I'm hitting a brick wall here.

I'm getting the " *** is not insterested in mating with you" 100% Arousal just keeps climbing...

Double checked the mod installed correctly... oddly enough it didn't... Fixed that but same issue.

Triple checked that FNIS Is up to date... yep... Same for FNIS Creatures... issue remains.

Saw something listed here about checking Sexlab Aroused for LOS or Naked actors to change Arousal... (had this on as my character is basically naked as a slave)... turned it off... same issue.

Tried loading a save from before the mod and all this was started... same issue.

Hmmm... Matchmaker... Animation Plays... weird... so it's not any of the previous issues if the animations play.... hmmmmmmmm... (I saw that mentioned with the above FNIS Creatures issue)  This also means that SexLab Creature Animations is turned on and I do have animations///

I need somewhere else to look... What else would cause Arousal to rise/fall in creatures but no animations happen... no pursue nothing...????

Edit: And once again, I'm replying without realising this is the LE support thread. Regardless, the issue sounds like a problem with SexLab itself, such as corruption of the registry.

First thing to do is check the indicators and failure codes under Aroused Creatures MCM > Help. This can indicate possible configuration issues and causes of recent engagement failures. Hover over the options here to see an explanation and possible solution at the bottom of the UI.

If there are issues with animations started via MatchMaker, that suggest issues with the SexLab installation. You can try resetting SL via SL MCM > Rebuild & Clean > Clean System.

Edited by Sailing Rebel
22 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

If there are issues with animations started via MatchMaker, that suggest issues with the SexLab installation. You can try resetting SL via SL MCM > Rebuild & Clean > Clean System.

No issue with animations starting.  I can use the spells and a scene will play.

I have tried the rebuild method MULTIPLE times as that is the most common "fix" I've seen to this.

I've also checked and rechecked, ran and re-ran FNIS Multiple times.

Fresh starts...

Nothing seems to fix the issue or point me in a direction of what is in fact causing it.

So far I have gotten a scene to play by pressing the "Invite" button exactly once... and I have NO clue why that random one time the mod worked as normal.  Every other time Arousal just builds past the threshold.  I've also noticed for some odd reason the "gender" options within Aroused Creatures for the PC are not showing up.  No idea if that's related.

No issue with animations starting.  I can use the spells and a scene will play.

I have tried the rebuild method MULTIPLE times as that is the most common "fix" I've seen to this.

I've also checked and rechecked, ran and re-ran FNIS Multiple times.

Fresh starts...

Nothing seems to fix the issue or point me in a direction of what is in fact causing it.

So far I have gotten a scene to play by pressing the "Invite" button exactly once... and I have NO clue why that random one time the mod worked as normal.  Every other time Arousal just builds past the threshold.  I've also noticed for some odd reason the "gender" options within Aroused Creatures for the PC are not showing up.  No idea if that's related.

The problem here is that the LE version of Aroused Creatures has not been supported for eight years. I barely recall what shape the internals are in.

You may have better luck with the OsmelMC backport of the SE version :

On 2/13/2024 at 11:05 AM, Sailing Rebel said:

The problem here is that the LE version of Aroused Creatures has not been supported for eight years. I barely recall what shape the internals are in.

Yeah, this is just something I'm working on for the hell of it.  I never did have a "stable" Sexlab "playthrough"... if you can even call trying to be a slave and still play a playthrough.

(personal Opinion there was plenty of Consent and BDSM Stuff... but not a lot for Non-Con Beast back when Modding SexLab was big.  Pretty sure everyone got to hung up on Devious Devices and BDSM related content.)

----

Ok so... I did get this to work... ... ...

Then I came across the "Invite Animations"... upgraded to that... and guess what...

I'm right back to where I started with the "not interested in mating with you" issue.  I'm not even sure what caused it to actually work in the first place.  v4.05 worked, now back to the same issue with this mess of OsmelMC SE to LE v4.06 as it was the version everyone stated those animations worked in.

Edited by NatanusLikens
4 hours ago, NatanusLikens said:

Yeah, this is just something I'm working on for the hell of it.  I never did have a "stable" Sexlab "playthrough"... if you can even call trying to be a slave and still play a playthrough.

(personal Opinion there was plenty of Consent and BDSM Stuff... but not a lot for Non-Con Beast back when Modding SexLab was big.  Pretty sure everyone got to hung up on Devious Devices and BDSM related content.)

----

Ok so... I did get this to work... ... ...

Then I came across the "Invite Animations"... upgraded to that... and guess what...

I'm right back to where I started with the "not interested in mating with you" issue.  I'm not even sure what caused it to actually work in the first place.  v4.05 worked, now back to the same issue with this mess of OsmelMC SE to LE v4.06 as it was the version everyone stated those animations worked in.

If you are using a backport, then you should have access to the Aroused Creatures MCM > Help page which might narrow down the cause of any engagement failures.

Aroused Creature relies heavily on getting good results from the SexLab animation registry before even starting an animation. If there are any problems there, it can cause AC to stop functioning in some circumstance. So make sure that SL itself is functioning normally.

Beyond that, you'll need to engage the author of the backport on their support thread, as I'm not familiar with the changes they've made.

13 minutes ago, Sailing Rebel said:

If you are using a backport, then you should have access to the Aroused Creatures MCM > Help page which might narrow down the cause of any engagement failures.

Aroused Creature relies heavily on getting good results from the SexLab animation registry before even starting an animation. If there are any problems there, it can cause AC to stop functioning in some circumstance. So make sure that SL itself is functioning normally.

Beyond that, you'll need to engage the author of the backport on their support thread, as I'm not familiar with the changes they've made.

Point taken, still waiting on replies over there.

I did grab a Papyrus log to hopefully have someone look... as you state earlier in the convo it's been a while since ANYONE actively worked on Skyrim stuff... there are still a few.

The only thing I saw in the log was that it failed to detect a dog as a dog, failed to detect my character standing 3 feet away (even though it oddly says 3 feet), and it also failed to detect my Character Race.  Then it returned "Not interested in Mating".

The only other thing I've seen is that Sexlab is now detecting ALL Creatures as Female. *facepalm*  It is turned off so they should all be detected as Male.  No idea why that's happening.

The only other thing I've seen is that Sexlab is now detecting ALL Creatures as Female.

That's just a UI bug in the old SexLab MCM (anything that is not a male NPC is shown as female). It doesn't affect the detected sex.