All comments are welcome, always looking for feedback.

So I've been testing out mods for a planned future playthrough and I'm really digging the SLAC in conjunction with More Nasty Critters.  One thought, as I can't find anything like this as a solo mod (some Beastess-ish mods hint at abilities similar to what I'm looking for), but would an option to have all normal enemy creatures (wolves, bears, sabre cats, etc.) be non-hostile unless attacked be completely infeasible.  There are two reasons for this:

1) It would greatly expand possible partners without needing to spawn additional creatures into the world and more importantly...

2) I am sick and tired of getting attacked by crafting supplies.

So I've been testing out mods for a planned future playthrough and I'm really digging the SLAC in conjunction with More Nasty Critters.  One thought, as I can't find anything like this as a solo mod (some Beastess-ish mods hint at abilities similar to what I'm looking for), but would an option to have all normal enemy creatures (wolves, bears, sabre cats, etc.) be non-hostile unless attacked be completely infeasible.  There are two reasons for this:

1) It would greatly expand possible partners without needing to spawn additional creatures into the world and more importantly...

I am very aware that the unmodified pool of friendly creatures is small, probably 40 or 50 animals in the entire game and many of them in areas that would normally only be visited once or twice in a normal playthrough (stables for example).

As I mentioned a few posts back, ideally we need a mod that adds additional compatible creatures to frequented areas such as towns and cities, and also some interiors. But to have a noticeable impact (for Aroused Creatures, at least) we'd be looking at adding in the region of 200+ individual spawn points. There just aren't enough hours.

For making normally hostile creatures friendly, you may be interested in One With Nature - Dynamic Animals and Creatures.

I am very aware that the unmodified pool of friendly creatures is small, probably 40 or 50 animals in the entire game and many of them in areas that would normally only be visited once or twice in a normal playthrough (stables for example).

As I mentioned a few posts back, ideally we need a mod that adds additional compatible creatures to frequented areas such as towns and cities, and also some interiors. But to have a noticeable impact (for Aroused Creatures, at least) we'd be looking at adding in the region of 200+ individual spawn points. There just aren't enough hours.

For making normally hostile creatures friendly, you may be interested in One With Nature - Dynamic Animals and Creatures.

'One with Nature' seems to be more or less what I was looking for and I suspect its creative title is why my Google-fu didn't find it.  As far as adding additional content it seems like the 'Populated Cities' mod (which I don't use because my computer = crap) would seem like a good starting point ending up with something like 'Populated Forests and Stables'.

'One with Nature' seems to be more or less what I was looking for and I suspect its creative title is why my Google-fu didn't find it.  As far as adding additional content it seems like the 'Populated Cities' mod (which I don't use because my computer = crap) would seem like a good starting point ending up with something like 'Populated Forests and Stables'.

Is there anything more than this that I need to do because right now previously hostile creatures aren't attacking me but they aren't doing much of anything else recently.  Have tested with Hentai Creature analogs and there doesn't seem to be an issue with the animations so I'm kind of confused about what's going wrong.  Creatures in cities or stables appear to be behaving as they should be.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

That really depends. If they are literally not doing anything, not reacting to attacks, not headtracking, then there may be an issue there.

If they are just standing there until you attack, or otherwise interact with them then this is to be expected.

Domestic creature behaviour tends to depend on idle markers and scheduled tasks - sit there, follow them, patrol between these points. Wild creatures don't have any markers or schedules, just attack and/or run away. So when you meet a mod-tamed creature it has nothing to do, so it just stands there.

Actually I believe some wolves have some kind of patrol behaviour but it depends on them being close enough to the markers. If combat has drawn them to far away they will be left idle in one spot after combat.

Is there anything more than this that I need to do because right now previously hostile creatures aren't attacking me but they aren't doing much of anything else recently.  Have tested with Hentai Creature analogs and there doesn't seem to be an issue with the animations so I'm kind of confused about what's going wrong.  Creatures in cities or stables appear to be behaving as they should be.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

That really depends. If they are literally not doing anything, not reacting to attacks, not headtracking, then there may be an issue there.

If they are just standing there until you attack, or otherwise interact with them then this is to be expected.

Domestic creature behaviour tends to depend on idle markers and scheduled tasks - sit there, follow them, patrol between these points. Wild creatures don't have any markers or schedules, just attack and/or run away. So when you meet a mod-tamed creature it has nothing to do, so it just stands there.

Actually I believe some wolves have some kind of patrol behaviour but it depends on them being close enough to the markers. If combat has drawn them to far away they will be left idle in one spot after combat.

The 'otherwise interact with them' part isn't happening.  The reason I actually deleted this post was because I realized that there was one thing I hadn't tested.  I had set the animals as 'Friend' and I thought that perhaps rape was considered an attack and thus that was why events weren't triggering but that doesn't seem to be the case.  I also tested with the Hentai Creature analogs and those seem to work fine even if 'Train' is kind of slow to kick in (assault and invite work as well with Hentai Creatures).  In short I'm kind of confused about why the run of the mill wolves, bears, etc. don't seem to be behaving as expected(?).  Or am I reading this wrong and that even with them being pacified by 'One with Nature' that the wild critters aren't considered valid for SLAC?

The 'otherwise interact with them' part isn't happening.  The reason I actually deleted this post was because I realized that there was one thing I hadn't tested.  I had set the animals as 'Friend' and I thought that perhaps rape was considered an attack and thus that was why events weren't triggering but that doesn't seem to be the case.  I also tested with the Hentai Creature analogs and those seem to work fine even if 'Train' is kind of slow to kick in (assault and invite work as well with Hentai Creatures).  In short I'm kind of confused about why the run of the mill wolves, bears, etc. don't seem to be behaving as expected(?).  Or am I reading this wrong and that even with them being pacified by 'One with Nature' that the wild critters aren't considered valid for SLAC?

Have to admit I've not actually tested with OWN so I'm not completely sure what it does to make the creatures friendly. I assumed it was changes to factions which should make them compatible. If, instead, they are having a calm effect applied to them then they may still be considered hostile by SLAC.

You could try reducing the Required Relationship Rank to -4 see if that works.

I did a very limited test with OWN (thanks for pointing it out btw) and:

a wolf set to Friendly didn't attack, would pause now and then as it ran past, but mostly kept trying to catch deer, rabbits, etc

a giant set to Ally snatched up my character right off and had his way with her

Hope that helps.

Have to admit I've not actually tested with OWN so I'm not completely sure what it does to make the creatures friendly. I assumed it was changes to factions which should make them compatible. If, instead, they are having a calm effect applied to them then they may still be considered hostile by SLAC.

This is so fucking confusing.  Setting the required relationship rank to -4 didn't help with Wolves (both the 'N' key and the show boners function indicates that these are very aroused wolves) BUT with the relationship rank at the default of -1 both giants AND sabrecats but not bears where responsive so this is, to me, an indication that OWN may not handle every animal the same way and/or there is some inherent behavioral crap that's overriding the desired behavior when the creature isn't hostile.  This is one of those moments when I feel really dumb for my inability to outsmart a bunch of computer code.  The sabrecat thing is especially confusing as it would appear to be part of the same "list" as bears and wolves, i.e. common predatory animals.

This is so fucking confusing.  Setting the required relationship rank to -4 didn't help with Wolves (both the 'N' key and the show boners function indicates that these are very aroused wolves) BUT with the relationship rank at the default of -1 both giants AND sabrecats but not bears where responsive so this is, to me, an indication that OWN may not handle every animal the same way and/or there is some inherent behavioral crap that's overriding the desired behavior when the creature isn't hostile.  This is one of those moments when I feel really dumb for my inability to outsmart a bunch of computer code.  The sabrecat thing is especially confusing as it would appear to be part of the same "list" as bears and wolves, i.e. common predatory animals.

Yeah, that's everyone's impression of Skyrim modding at some time or other. Nothing dumb about being confused by the complexity of a heavily modded game.

You are probably right, something is overriding the behaviour of those creatures, a novel faction, an additional AI package, something like that. Things to look at are mods that make generalised changes to the game, perhaps for changing balance or adjusting combat in some way. The OWN support thread on Nexus might turn up something.

Testing out the new third beta. Can't get a certain creature to engage. Debug keeps saying <creaturename> busy. Tried removefaction etc, waiting.

For creatures that means one of two things: they are either currently in a scene and engaging them could delay or interrupt it and mess up a quest, or they are bleeding out... which I don't think is even possible for creatures.

Which creature is it?

Yeah, that's everyone's impression of Skyrim modding at some time or other. Nothing dumb about being confused by the complexity of a heavily modded game.

You are probably right, something is overriding the behaviour of those creatures, a novel faction, an additional AI package, something like that. Things to look at are mods that make generalised changes to the game, perhaps for changing balance or adjusting combat in some way. The OWN support thread on Nexus might turn up something.

As best as I can tell from the OWN thread and verifying that in game it handles the pacification effect by creating (Insert Animal Here) Factions and then adding the player to either (Insert Animal Here) Friend/Ally Factions.  Nothing too complicated.  Which means that it probably isn't the reason for the undesired behavior.  Given that my current load order doesn't include any mods that actively modify combat or behavior modification (closest would be Defeat and Deviously Helpless neither of which should be triggering here) mods I guess this might be something from vanilla Skyrim kicking in but at this point I'm kind of lost.

As best as I can tell from the OWN thread and verifying that in game it handles the pacification effect by creating (Insert Animal Here) Factions and then adding the player to either (Insert Animal Here) Friend/Ally Factions.  Nothing too complicated.  Which means that it probably isn't the reason for the undesired behavior.  Given that my current load order doesn't include any mods that actively modify combat or behavior modification (closest would be Defeat and Deviously Helpless neither of which should be triggering here) mods I guess this might be something from vanilla Skyrim kicking in but at this point I'm kind of lost.

According to the top of the support thread there are a few things try. You could place OWN at the bottom of your load order to make sure it's overriding anything that might be changing those creatures. There is also a debug mode of some sort that causes effected creatures to glow. Certain creatures are ignored by OWN to avoid interfering with quests but this shouldn't be affecting animals you find in the wild.

If this mod is adding new factions to the creature races then perhaps creatures that spawned before the mod was installed are not correctly updated. You would have to kill them and wait 11 game days for them to respawn or just wait 31 days to reset every cell.

Testing out the new third beta. Can't get a certain creature to engage. Debug keeps saying <creaturename> busy. Tried removefaction etc, waiting.

For creatures that means one of two things: they are either currently in a scene and engaging them could delay or interrupt it and mess up a quest, or they are bleeding out... which I don't think is even possible for creatures.

Which creature is it?

That dog in Riverwood, forget the name right now. S something. I tested out the crouch invite thing on the outside first, but instead of him I got jumped by Moy, who's a fox that comes with Leaf Rest - a house mod. Well, Sexlab animations turn it into a miniature dog as it's still in dog faction. Anyway, that happened twice, so I slept 'till night and went into the house the dog's in - tried the invite and it kept saying he's busy. Not bleeding out that I can see. I slept in the house for 5 hours too but still kept saying busy.

Which creature is it?

That dog in Riverwood, forget the name right now. S something. I tested out the crouch invite thing on the outside first, but instead of him I got jumped by Moy, who's a fox that comes with Leaf Rest - a house mod. Well, Sexlab animations turn it into a miniature dog as it's still in dog faction. Anyway, that happened twice, so I slept 'till night and went into the house the dog's in - tried the invite and it kept saying he's busy. Not bleeding out that I can see. I slept in the house for 5 hours too but still kept saying busy.

This dog, Stump, didn´t work for me either with SexLab Aroused Creatures.

Perhaps his AI-Package has higher priority as SLAC. During day he usually follows the boy Frodnar around, at night he patrols in front of the house.

With matchmaker I was able to start sex with him, SLAC just ignored him.

No big deal for me, I just went and made Meeko my follower, lots of action with him :D

Stump just seems to be more interested in little boys than a hot nymphomanial dragonborn chick, doesn´t know what he´s missing :P

Which creature is it?

Stump.

I just jumped into a coc riverwood01 game and I was able to engage him with no problem.

A quick look in CK shows Stump involved in only one scene in DialogueRiverwoodKidsScene (ID:000340A4) where Frodnar and Dorthe exchange a few lines about making Stump look like a frostbite spider. That triggers when the PC gets within 400 units of Frodnar, it only plays once and shouldn't take more than a minute to complete. Stump just sits there and does nothing but is still technically part of the scene.

I'm not sure what could cause this quest to get stuck. Are the kids around? Maybe he's waiting for them to turn up and deliver their lines?

According to the top of the support thread there are a few things try. You could place OWN at the bottom of your load order to make sure it's overriding anything that might be changing those creatures. There is also a debug mode of some sort that causes effected creatures to glow. Certain creatures are ignored by OWN to avoid interfering with quests but this shouldn't be affecting animals you find in the wild.

If this mod is adding new factions to the creature races then perhaps creatures that spawned before the mod was installed are not correctly updated. You would have to kill them and wait 11 game days for them to respawn or just wait 31 days to reset every cell.

All of my testing on this is on new games so I don't think the creatures being spawned is the issue.  Also, just as a reference, OWN seemed to handle on the fly switching of status pretty well.  I also tried placing it near the end of my load order and all that accomplished was making the show aroused function from SLAC stop working (nude models for More Nasty Critter still worked).  I'm also not really sure what there is to debug as OWN is doing exactly what it wants to do (modify the relationship rank of selected animal factions) it's just that the interaction between that end result and SLAC isn't working out as hoped.  I started looking at what the most stripped down version of Beastess adds to the game and may end up going that way (likely in conjunction with OWN) though early results already point to some issues with my testing as Beastess isn't playing nice (from a gameplay perspective) with Apropos and some tweaking of settings there may be necessary. 

Which creature is it?

This dog, Stump, didn´t work for me either with SexLab Aroused Creatures.

Perhaps his AI-Package has higher priority as SLAC. During day he usually follows the boy Frodnar around, at night he patrols in front of the house.

With matchmaker I was able to start sex with him, SLAC just ignored him.

No big deal for me, I just went and made Meeko my follower, lots of action with him :D

Stump just seems to be more interested in little boys than a hot nymphomanial dragonborn chick, doesn´t know what he´s missing :P

Okay, here's a trick: find Stump, open the console, click on him and enter SetActionComplete or sac.

Now I have no idea if this even does what I think it does (which is set the actors currently active package scene action to complete) as there is no real documentation for it. But it might be worth a shot.

And, of course, if that fails there are always Stump's identical clones...

All of my testing on this is on new games so I don't think the creatures being spawned is the issue.  Also, just as a reference, OWN seemed to handle on the fly switching of status pretty well.  I also tried placing it near the end of my load order and all that accomplished was making the show aroused function from SLAC stop working (nude models for More Nasty Critter still worked).  I'm also not really sure what there is to debug as OWN is doing exactly what it wants to do (modify the relationship rank of selected animal factions) it's just that the interaction between that end result and SLAC isn't working out as hoped.  I started looking at what the most stripped down version of Beastess adds to the game and may end up going that way (likely in conjunction with OWN) though early results already point to some issues with my testing as Beastess isn't playing nice (from a gameplay perspective) with Apropos and some tweaking of settings there may be necessary. 

Sorry I couldn't be more help there. Obviously something as gone awry but it can be very difficult to pin down the cause. One thing to do is take a look through your papyrus log and see if any related scripts are freaking out.

BTW, if the NC option for SLAC stops working (if you are not seeing the effect in-game or the option is greyed out in the menu) use the Check Mods option in Other Settings to rebuild the references. These should be automatically updated every time you load a game but I put that option in there after a couple of inexplicable empty references.

Ya I dunno what's causing it. I went by Markarth to test Vigilance and it doesn't work with him either. Instead of busy it says he's Engaged already. Then again Vigilance is bugged in my game as I can't even hire him anymore so.

You shouldn't be seeing any message about engaged creatures in the latest version. It should say "already animating" instead.

If you are using v02.1 then it's a bug and you'll need to follow the instructions in the download description to remove him from the SLAC Engaged Actor faction. Sorry about that.

Sorry I couldn't be more help there. Obviously something as gone awry but it can be very difficult to pin down the cause. One thing to do is take a look through your papyrus log and see if any related scripts are freaking out.

BTW, if the NC option for SLAC stops working (if you are not seeing the effect in-game or the option is greyed out in the menu) use the Check Mods option in Other Settings to rebuild the references. These should be automatically updated every time you load a game but I put that option in there after a couple of inexplicable empty references.

Yeah, totally not a problem.  It's not like two Skyrim mods that would seem to be able to cohabit successfully not behaving as expected is exactly newsworthy.  Log-wise I'll take a look.  Anything specific to keep an eye out for?  About the most I can say is that it would be nice if the issue preventing cohabitation is relatively simple if it's something that you could add to future versions of SLAC.