17 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

No, only the body Texture.  CBBE is a body SHAPE while a texture is the skin placed on that body with the "Normal map" being the subtle shading of details on that skin.

This one for example: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55761/

I installed the skin on the link https://www.loverslab.com/topic/31227-real-girls-realistic-body-texture-for-cbbe/
For on the Nexus charge. Tattoos do not appear.

12 hours ago, Lari207 said:

When I put on armor on the body, then the tattoo becomes visible

You may have some other mod interferring when nude then. Try disabling blocks of mods until you find a block that causes them to appear when nude then disable only half that block etc to narrow it down to a single mod. 

Hello, I'm trying to make a little personal patch for Bathing in Skyrim, that makes the dirt overlay to use slavetats instead, but i'm not sure what i'm missing with the "simple_add_tattoo" function.

This is the script I have attached to one of bathing in skyrim's dirt spell effect:

Scriptname mzinRidSlavetatsEffect extends ActiveMagicEffect

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
	SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(akTarget, "Bathing In Skyrim", "mzinDirtBodyFX")
	Debug.Notification("OnEffectStart Triggered on " + akTarget.GetActorBase().GetName())
endEvent

;Event OnEffectFinish(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
;	SlaveTats.simple_remove_tattoo(akTarget, "Bathing in Skyrim", "mzinDirtBodyFX")
	;Debug.Notification("OnEffectFinish Triggered on " + akTarget.GetActorBase().GetName())
;endEvent

My little debug message pops up in skyrim but, the tattoo won't apply.

I have commented out the removal of the tattoo to be 100% sure that's not messing with the OnEffectStart event.

This is what I have in the .json file just in case.

[
    {"name": "mzinDirtBodyFX", "section":"Bathing In Skyrim", "texture":"mzinbathe\\DirtFX.dds", "area":"Body"},
	{"name": "mzinFilthBodyFX", "section":"Bathing In Skyrim", "texture":"mzinbathe\\FilthFX.dds", "area":"Body"},
	{"name": "mzinDirtFaceFX", "section":"Bathing In Skyrim", "texture":"mzinbathe\\DirtFX.dds", "area":"Face"},
	{"name": "mzinFilthFaceFX", "section":"Bathing In Skyrim", "texture":"mzinbathe\\FilthFX.dds", "area":"Face"},
	{"name": "mzinDirtHandsFX", "section":"Bathing In Skyrim", "texture":"mzinbathe\\DirtFX.dds", "area":"Hands"},
	{"name": "mzinFilthHandsFX", "section":"Bathing In Skyrim", "texture":"mzinbathe\\FilthFX.dds", "area":"Hands"},
	{"name": "mzinDirtFeetFX", "section":"Bathing In Skyrim", "texture":"mzinbathe\\DirtFX.dds", "area":"Feet"},
	{"name": "mzinFilthFeetFX", "section":"Bathing In Skyrim", "texture":"mzinbathe\\FilthFX.dds", "area":"Feet"}
]

The tattoo shows up in slavetats's MCM and it applies perfectly if I do it manually.

Is there something i'm missing, like a property i'm supposed to link in my script?

This is off topic to what you guys are discussing but I just wanna know if I may have something wrong with Slavetats. 

So I'm having an issue where I'm not able to use the Face patterns portion of slave tats when I access the mod and I'm wondering if there maybe an issue, I had done 2 fresh re-installs of the mod but to no affect. The version I had installed was the new Beta patch as well.

50 minutes ago, DkPingus said:

This is off topic to what you guys are discussing but I just wanna know if I may have something wrong with Slavetats. 

So I'm having an issue where I'm not able to use the Face patterns portion of slave tats when I access the mod and I'm wondering if there maybe an issue, I had done 2 fresh re-installs of the mod but to no affect. The version I had installed was the new Beta patch as well.

search the thread for nioveride and find one of the 15 answers to this question, and probably another 15 times we've told someone to search for the already asked question.

17 minutes ago, KOVA474 said:

I have changed every overlay value in nioverride but I can't seem to get more than the default 12 slots in slavetats. Is something missing?

Yeah, slavetats controls that internally. Some efforts have been made by other modders to change the code but it hasn't always worked out. You're probably best off increasing the number of body slots for RaceMenu and using the bottom ones for that, leaving the top 12 for slavetats.

So this started happening... after applying a slavetat my fps goes down to 1 fps and its driving me crazy, I might try to reinstall slavetats and see if that works.

only mod i recently installed was skyfem and cursed loot. Did this on a new save no problem only thing that caught me off guard was the fact that the save had 3 face overlays available but a new game i only had 1 to use the other were greyed out. I use blush when aroused.

Depend on your hardware and what kind of tats you apply. If you apply a 2GB tat on your character's body, you'll have a bad time.

Or you have something that continuously request something, which just destroy your game. You might want to enable the logs.

19 hours ago, LinksSword said:

So this started happening... after applying a slavetat my fps goes down to 1 fps and its driving me crazy, I might try to reinstall slavetats and see if that works.

only mod i recently installed was skyfem and cursed loot. Did this on a new save no problem only thing that caught me off guard was the fact that the save had 3 face overlays available but a new game i only had 1 to use the other were greyed out. I use blush when aroused.

Sounds like you might have installed some old skeleton over the top of the XPMSE skeleton.  XPMSE is the ONLY skeleton you should be using, also note some follower mods use their own old and defective skeletons which you will need to find and replace with the XPMSE skeleton (yes, use the XPMSE skeleton and only the XPMSE skeleton).

53 minutes ago, WaxenFigure said:

Sounds like you might have installed some old skeleton over the top of the XPMSE skeleton.  XPMSE is the ONLY skeleton you should be using, also note some follower mods use their own old and defective skeletons which you will need to find and replace with the XPMSE skeleton (yes, use the XPMSE skeleton and only the XPMSE skeleton).

It was deviously enslaved continued the option to allow vulnerable attacks in armor with slavetats for some reason caused it to happen, I almost erased my save out of frustration good thing i found out in time.

I figured out why the "simple_add_tattoo" function wasn't working for me.

It was the way I have set up mod organizer and notepad++. Basically it wasn't detectiong Jcontainers when compiling, but it still would let me compile without any errors.

I fixed it by installing skyrim in a different drive with Jcontainers, Slavetats and slavetats textures with their Json files, compiling there and then bringing my compiled scripts into my main MO install. Now they work perfectly.

So I just attempted to go into the MCM to switch a tat, and discovered that all slots (body/face/hands/feet) are greyed out and occupied by 'External', which I'm assuming means Racemenu. I'm only using 6 body slots at the moment, out of 12.  The tats show up in Racemenu (I have them in slots 1-2, the other non ST overlays are in 3-6), and I can edit them as normal, but if I take them off they are not freed up in Slavetats, nor are any of the other free slots free in Slavetats. Not sure what's going on. I've tried swapping gender and re-installing ST; both without results. ST is below Racemenu in Load Order.

Also, while fiddling around with my char in testing as I often do, I realized SOS compatible cock tattoos would be a pretty sick addition to the roster imo for anyone with the know-how to make that happen ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So when I look at something like the Bistro packs, I wonder if there might be a way to auto-generate these tattoos.  I've made some of my own custom tattoos by overwriting existing dds files with new ones.  For areas where the texture isn't warped or stretched significantly, it works fairly well.  It seems like automatically creating simple text tattoos would be fairly straight forward.  It's basically a combination of three things: location, text, and font.  Making tattoos for the stomach, lower and upper back are pretty easy.  I don't know if anyone feels like trying to do this in game, just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

tatex.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Slavetats work thanks to racemenu's tattoo system, which currently cannot be made too work with sse's meshes.nif.

Expired is working on it but we can only hope.

Annnnd jcontainer is still a maybe, the author is willing to help porting it but doesn't own the special edition, and thus won't be able to test it.

I love this mod, but im curious whether we will be able to add and manipulate these tattoos within racemenu character creation at some point in the future (somewhat like that one for fallout4) or is it possible already and i missed something? My only gripe was having to go in and out of the menu's dozens of times (which most of us are sick of by that point after doing it for all your MCM mods lol). Please dont take that the wrong way. great mod!

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, El_Torro said:

How i can clear extra option on NPC? Deinstall with saveclean was ok, but when i reinstall slavetats comes all back. Where is these saved? The problem is a deformed head without some facetints on Lydia.

Save is in JCONTAINERS (which is why it is a requirement).  I would recommend you NOT try save cleaning JCONTAINERS out of your game, that will likely break all other mods using it unless Slavetats is the only mod using it.

Better to examine the textures for Lydia to figure out why she's broken.