I get a bunch of errors in the console about json textures.

Lots of us do, though it doesn't seem to affect anything. I wonder if the json files just aren't linking together quite right even though they work, causing the error.

I can't get the beta's MCM to load, while I can get the other versions to work fine. Is there an additional dependency? When I upgrade to it, the MCM disappears when I do "setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1". Even clean saves won't have it.

I found out after my post that it is SkyUI's limit.

Nope, that's a limit imposed by the morons at Bethesda who decided arrays in Papyrus (the scripting language) would be limited to 128 items.

ahh I see.

I got it working now anyway.

mostly it's pretty straightforward but I did actually remove the bits checking for AFT because I don't use it and didn't want to go downloading it just to compile. other than that the only weird bit is where you have to go back and edit in the formid from your esp for the haircolour formlist into the script. it'll still work without doing that provided you're still running the original slavetats because it just points to that one but I'm just mentioning it because it's kind of hard to spot.

I merged it too. does anybody know what happens if you remove something with scripts from a merge? like, is it the same situation as when you deselect a mod with scripts in it or will it create all kinds of memory weirdness and lead to crashing? I'm wondering if this merge I'm making is one way for everything unless I want to deselect the entire merge.

This mod is just flat out not working for me.

I have RaceMenu, JContainers, SkyUI & SKSE installed. I've even tried rolling back my JContainers from RC3 to RC1 'cause I heard it worked better.

The MCM shows up... the "face" tab is empty, but I assume that's because no face tattoos are included.

Setting a tatto for the PC prints out the messages that SlaveTats is working on it... and SlaveTats is "done with Character".

No visual change occurs.

Nothing.

Console errors seem to be printing out "Warning: Access to non-existing object with id 0x######" Just reduced my modlist and that error stopped. Tats still doesn't work though.

This happens with every tattoo, both the included ones and all the additional packs.

The mod is definitely crashing the game whenever I use SlaveTats on ANY NPC. It will crash the second I remove their clothes... or immediately if they're already naked.

Are there any common issues that people have when installing this? A load order thing LOOT may have missed? For the record, I've tried all releases except 1.1 & 1.03. No change.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:

Just tried again, with only Alternate Start, HDT-SMP + CBBE Body, PapyrusUtil, XPMSE, JContainers, Bodyslide, Racemenu, SkyUI, UIExtension & SAM installed. Still no console errors (other than the occasional JSON parser thing that everyone seems to get). Still no tattoos. I think the NPC crashing may have stopped, though.

Even still. SlaveTats isn't working with NOTHING else installed that could conflict with it. This has got to be some sort of dependency issue or something I'm missing, right?

This mod is just flat out not working for me.

I have RaceMenu, JContainers, SkyUI & SKSE installed. I've even tried rolling back my JContainers from RC3 to RC1 'cause I heard it worked better.

The MCM shows up... the "face" tab is empty, but I assume that's because no face tattoos are included.

Setting a tatto for the PC prints out the messages that SlaveTats is working on it... and SlaveTats is "done with Character".

No visual change occurs.

Nothing.

Console errors seem to be printing out "Warning: Access to non-existing object with id 0x######" Just reduced my modlist and that error stopped. Tats still doesn't work though.

This happens with every tattoo, both the included ones and all the additional packs.

The mod is definitely crashing the game whenever I use SlaveTats on ANY NPC. It will crash the second I remove their clothes... or immediately if they're already naked.

Are there any common issues that people have when installing this? A load order thing LOOT may have missed? For the record, I've tried all releases except 1.1 & 1.03. No change.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:

Just tried again, with only Alternate Start, HDT-SMP + CBBE Body, PapyrusUtil, XPMSE, JContainers, Bodyslide, Racemenu, SkyUI, UIExtension & SAM installed. Still no console errors (other than the occasional JSON parser thing that everyone seems to get). Still no tattoos. I think the NPC crashing may have stopped, though.

Even still. SlaveTats isn't working with NOTHING else installed that could conflict with it. This has got to be some sort of dependency issue or something I'm missing, right?

Usually when people are talking about the game crashing when clothes are removed from an NPC, the response is a skeleton is installed wrong or skin texture is missing.

The face tats are likely missing because you did not read enough of the this thread. There is a change you need to make in NIOverride.ini to enable them.

Usually when people are talking about the game crashing when clothes are removed from an NPC, the response is a skeleton is installed wrong or skin texture is missing.

The face tats are likely missing because you did not read enough of the this thread. There is a change you need to make in NIOverride.ini to enable them.

Original post (hidden for length):

Ah, I see the setting to enable the face overlays. That really ought to be mentioned in the first post/install instructions.

I've stripped down my mod order to pretty much only include SlaveTats & Alternate Start, HDT-SMP + CBBE Body, PapyrusUtil, XPMSE, JContainers, Bodyslide, Racemenu, SkyUI, UIExtension & SAM. Done in MO, so I know there aren't any lingering files left over that might be messing it up.

Tats still don't appear on the player & NPCs. So, clearly I've missed something. That said, I think the crashing has stopped... so you're probably right that I had a conflict somewhere (maybe something I disabled by accident when I was progressively stripping my modlist down trying to figure out why tats weren't showing.)

Is there a setting somewhere I have to change to actually enable the mod? I mean, I assumed (since RaceMenu's overlays work fine) that my ini was already set up to handle overlays....

Here are the nioverride settings as they are:

[Overlays]

bPlayerOnly=1 ; Default[1]

bEnableFaceOverlays=0 ; Default[0]

bImmediateArmor=1 ; Default[1]

bImmediateFace=0 ; Default[0]

[Overlays/Body]

iNumOverlays=6 ; Default[6]

iSpellOverlays=0 ; Default[0]

[Overlays/Hands]

iNumOverlays=3 ; Default[3]

[Overlays/Feet]

[Overlays/Face]

[Overlays/Data]

iAlphaFlags=4845 ; Default[4845]

iAlphaThreshold=0 ; Default[0]

sDefaultTexture=textures\actors\character\overlays\default.dds

I mean, the mod seems to function perfectly... it tells me it's "working on Character"... then "Done with Character". The menus are all there and function perfectly. It's just that no changes are visible/applied. Even after reloading/restarting.

EDIT:

Further investigation has shown that a console error DOES print when I enter SlaveTats tattoo menu. "Warning: access to non-existant object with id 0x34" & another for 0x38. These reproduce only when I change or reapply tattoos in the MCM (of course the numbers change depending on the tattoo).

So... I'm one step closer it seems....

EDIT2:

Found this post referencing the issue in JContainer's thread:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24777-jcontainers/page-19?do=findComment&comment=1449116

So the issue (apparently) isn't JC. And since SlaveTats is the only JC mod I'm running, the problem must reside there. Hell, I don't even know if the error is actually related to my problem... It doesn't occur when I first apply a tattoo, but it appears like clockwork every time I try to change one. And, of course, I've never gotten any tattoo to show up.

EDIT3:

Rolled back to JC 3.2.6 (on the advice of that thread). Error messages are gone, but the tats still aren't visible... so I guess that wasn't my issue.

Back to square one....

Just discovered that RaceMenu's Paint Overlays aren't visible either (I mistook the "Makeup" tab for overlays when testing). So, that means my problem isn't directly related to SlaveTats... but RaceMenu (or maybe ENB). Guess I'll do some more googling and ask around in a more appropriate forum.

EDIT:

The link to my thread & my solution:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/82974-no-overlays-with-enb-installed/?p=1979328

hi

Is there any guide how to add your tattoos to the slavetats mod?

First I want to add these tattoos http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49979/?

I think there is a guide but the short one for that mod is:

download the loose files version

find the images you want to use, as it might not be all of them

extract just those from the archive (or just dump the whole thing, the modder says they will take up a lot of space)

open one of the json files and follow the pattern

open skyrim

win

hi

extract just those from the archive (or just dump the whole thing, the modder says they will take up a lot of space)

open skyrim

win

I did as it is written on the first page, but in the game the face becomes black and on top of the tattoo.

did I miss something?

hi

open skyrim

win

I did as it is written on the first page, but in the game the face becomes black and on top of the tattoo.

did I miss something?

I would guess there is something wrong with the image file. I never did any of that, just created a json so I could use working .dds files from racemenu in slavetats. Maybe someone more graphically inclined can help tomorrow.

I get a bunch of errors in the ingame console and tatoos aren't showing.

[Error] Can't parse JSON file at 'DATA/TEXTURES/actors/character/slavetats/slut' at line 1:0 - '[' or '{' expected near end of file

But I have json files for tatoos in that folder and these are correct files. I downloaded them from SlaveTats Downloads page.

I checked all .json and .js files using json_validator. All is fine.

I installed all tats packs to check what I like and what I don't.

anal.json

Androol.js

AndroolPetPlay.js

AndroolSlut.js

AndroolSub.js

Art_Rutah.json

brat.json

civil_war.json

criminal.json

Denial.json

dominant.json

draconic.json

makeup.json

makeup_2.json

NordicTats.json

petplay.json

preg.json

property.json

scrawl.json

slut.json

sm.json

sperm.json

sperm_heavy.json

stockings.json

submissive.json

symbols.json

vampire.json

whore.json

zoo.json

Hi Raenor and others,

I'm getting the same error as you:

[Error] Can't parse JSON file at 'DATA/TEXTURES/actors/character/slavetats/basic' at line 1:0 - '[' or '{' expected near end of file

...followed by five more similar errors, when I try to apply the drool or tear slavetats overlay from ZaZ. They just don't show up. My game is built up from nothing since last month, so I have all the newest updates.

I found a post in the ZaZ thread (from two years ago) with someone also having no working tears and drool, but no comment on the error. The ZaZ .json looks ok, and is valid according to json_validator. The body tats from ZaZ (dirt and scars) work perfectly.

How did you fix your problem? Or anyone any ideas? Thanks.

[Error] Can't parse JSON file at 'DATA/TEXTURES/actors/character/slavetats/basic' at line 1:0 - '[' or '{' expected near end of file

...followed by five more similar errors, when I try to apply the drool or tear slavetats overlay from ZaZ. They just don't show up. My game is built up from nothing since last month, so I have all the newest updates.

I found a post in the ZaZ thread (from two years ago) with someone also having no working tears and drool, but no comment on the error. The ZaZ .json looks ok, and is valid according to json_validator. The body tats from ZaZ (dirt and scars) work perfectly.

He didn't fix it... or at least that wasn't his problem. Several of us have seen that exact thing and posted about it here, with the comment that everything shows up correctly.

I'm willing to bet you forgot to change your NIOveride.ini during your complete rebuilt to enable the head overlays.

I think something added in the last 2 years is the cause of the error and my personal guess is that something isn't combining the JSON files together and keeping the syntax resulting in the error but since they are all correctly formatted it does work.

He didn't fix it... or at least that wasn't his problem. Several of us have seen that exact thing and posted about it here, with the comment that everything shows up correctly.

I'm willing to bet you forgot to change your NIOveride.ini during your complete rebuilt to enable the head overlays.

I think something added in the last 2 years is the cause of the error and my personal guess is that something isn't combining the JSON files together and keeping the syntax resulting in the error but since they are all correctly formatted it does work.

Amazing, thanks, that was pretty stupid, it was indeed the nioverride... I distinctly remembered testing and fixing that for standard face slavetats, but that was in a NMM build I did a week earlier. Thanks again.

Same issue actually for every CBBE user using B3lisario-stockings; No solution unless someone can make it 100% suitable for a CBBE body and/Or rework the texture.

I am using CBBE bodyslide body and have Hip seem when using some outfits from B3lisario-stockings. Anyone also having this issue? Any fix for this?

Bild_010.jpg

Bild_011.jpg

Same issue actually for every CBBE user using B3lisario-stockings; No solution unless someone can make it 100% suitable for a CBBE body and/Or rework the texture.

I am using CBBE bodyslide body and have Hip seem when using some outfits from B3lisario-stockings. Anyone also having this issue? Any fix for this?

Bild_010.jpg

Bild_011.jpg

Equipable Stockings CBBE

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/74767-equipable-stockings-for-cbbe/?hl=stocking   He needs more upvotes :)

Looking for some advice here, randomly all my tattoos disappeared from my char.  They show up in the menu, but they won't apply.  New ones won't apply either.  Any ideas?  The only change that I could think of that might have caused this was I updated my graphics card drivers since I last played earlier today.

Hehe yeah he does, i already posted there a while ago with example of what i would like to see. I follow the topic and upvoted him too.

Bild_010.jpg

Bild_011.jpg

Equipable Stockings CBBE

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/74767-equipable-stockings-for-cbbe/?hl=stocking   He needs more upvotes :)

Looking for some advice here, randomly all my tattoos disappeared from my char.  They show up in the menu, but they won't apply.  New ones won't apply either.  Any ideas?  The only change that I could think of that might have caused this was I updated my graphics card drivers since I last played earlier today.

That's a good hint though. Did you update your Display settings in the Skyrim Launcher program (not SKSE, NMM, or MO, the launcher that installs and is used before you switch to something else)?

Bild_010.jpg

Bild_011.jpg

Equipable Stockings CBBE

Thx. That is some good work.