13 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

The open the page where they should show and wait there, don't exit the menu, don't try to change pages.  Or you could just remove the Tats pack that adds hundreds of tats but I'm sure you installed it because you want to try them using FadeTats and RapeTats.

I use the tats event bridge mod as well, could that be the problem?

3 hours ago, darkon74slayer said:

So your saying that slave tat event bridge .esp is no longer needed?

It's not only not needed, it's a mistake to install it now.  As far as I know it's not needed.  None of the mods I use that add tats require it and as far as I know it's not needed by any other mods.  It's claim to fame was to prevent the need to make a dependency and yet there are simple ways to do that without adding another mod.  See my next post.

3 hours ago, smashling177 said:

Ok I will delete it and see what happens., and thanks for the help.

3 hours ago, darkon74slayer said:

So your saying that slave tat event bridge .esp is no longer needed?

Just to be sure I double-checked and it appears that the Event Bridge doesn't overwrite or otherwise mess up Slavetats.  I still don't believe it is at all necessary since it's easy to link to Slavetats without a dependency and without using up another ESP slot.

Hey Guys,

I have been in an ongoing discussion with Murfk about trying to add tattoos via scripting so that my Tiefling mod can have an animated skin change (the dragon skin will be added as a tattoo). However, despite Murfk being extremely generous with his replies I cannot resolve the issue. So I was wondering if anyone else in this community has had the problem of tattoos not appearing when they are scripted, and hopefully what did you do to fix the problem.

I have the following lines in my magic effect script:

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(mySelf, "Dragon", "Nether Body (Body)",1,0)
        SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(mySelf, "Dragon", "Nether Body (Feet)",1,0)
        SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(mySelf, "Dragon", "Nether Hands (Hands)",1,0)
        SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(mySelf, "Dragon", "Nether Head (Face)",1,1)
        debug.notification("Dragon skin change")

- I have the Json file in the correct location within the Slavetats folder

- I can see and apply the Dragon skin tattoos within the MCM menu

- Once they are applied via MCM they look perfect

However, they never appear when I run the animation spell. The spell adds horns and tail correctly, but the Tattoos never show. There are no Json errors reported when I bring up and look in the console.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)

6 hours ago, dePog said:

Hey Guys,

*snip*

I don't know if this will help, but this is what I did:

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(Game.GetPlayer(), "ccas", "Grine Woad", 76153, true, false, 1.0)

Note that although the modevent has default cases, I can't seem to get it to work without passing in *all* parameters.
The parameters are:

1. An actor reference
  2. A string - The .json section (not filename) for your tattoo
  3. A string - The actual name of the tattoo, direct from the .json file
  4. An integer - indicating color. Note that the number passed in will be in base-10, but is converted to base-16 to get the right hex color. So in my case "76153" becomes "012979" which in hex color is a dark blue color. So to get the color you *want*, you will have to find the hex code for it, convert the hex code to base 10, and put *that* number in your script.
  5. A bool - I think this one just says whether to add it to the first available open slot or the last available open slot. I might be wrong on that though.
  6. A bool - I have no idea what this one controls. The code says "silent" so I'm guessing it has something to do with whether the player gets any audio or text notification.
  7. A float - Alpha. Note that alpha is inverted: (1.0 - alpha) so a value of 1.0 means alpha zero or opaque. To get a 50% transparent tattoo for example, your input would be 1.5.

Hope that helps. :)

EDIT: Pretty sure parameter 6 controls the debug.notification - "slavetats is working on...slavetats is done with"

At least, I don't recall seeing that notification when using this.

4 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

I don't know if this will help, but this is what I did:

Note that although the modevent has default cases, I can't seem to get it to work without passing in *all* parameters.
The parameters are:

Well, well, well! Content Consumer you have solved the mystery, and not in the way you were expecting. I tried adding the extended key set without any result. However, as I was swearing at the world in general I was looking at the code line you gave as an example and noticed that you didn't have the body part in brackets, ie (Body) (Head) etc.

I had written

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(mySelf, "Dragon", "Nether Body (Body)",1,0)

and changed it to

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(mySelf, "Dragon", "Nether Body",1,0)

I had added the brackets because that's the way it looks on the description page of the Slavetats mod. So... I have wasted about a week of my life due to a set of brackets, lol.

Thank you sooo much for helping me to solve the mystery

Cheers,

dePog

PS: Thanks for the extended key explanation. That will be most helpful to play around with.

On 5/29/2018 at 6:31 PM, WaxenFigure said:

Just to be sure I double-checked and it appears that the Event Bridge doesn't overwrite or otherwise mess up Slavetats.  I still don't believe it is at all necessary since it's easy to link to Slavetats without a dependency and without using up another ESP slot.

hey, I'm having a similar problem to this person where Slavetats shows up in the MCM, but no options appear in the windows for picking tats (even after waiting for a long period of time and with multiple tat packs installed). I do not have the "Event Bridge" that you mentioned might be causing the problem. Do you have any other possible solutions?

3 hours ago, Frosty01 said:

hey, I'm having a similar problem to this person where Slavetats shows up in the MCM, but no options appear in the windows for picking tats (even after waiting for a long period of time and with multiple tat packs installed). I do not have the "Event Bridge" that you mentioned might be causing the problem. Do you have any other possible solutions?

This problem come from and invalid or corrupted JSON file. Try update or RE-install your JContainers and PapyrusUtil... they make all the work about JSON files.

Aditionally, open the GAME console and look if you have errors about JSON.

If none appear, enable login in your skyrim.ini ([Papyrus] bEnableLogging=1) and search your log for JSON... look errors about it.

3 hours ago, GenioMaestro said:

This problem come from and invalid or corrupted JSON file. Try update or RE-install your JContainers and PapyrusUtil... they make all the work about JSON files.

If none appear, enable login in your skyrim.ini ([Papyrus] bEnableLogging=1) and search your log for JSON... look errors about it.

ah yes! i do have errors like that. I'll give that a try. thanks much

5 hours ago, GenioMaestro said:

ok i reinstalled everything and it worked but now I have a new problem? Everything in the MCM for tats is like greyed out and I can't select anything

15 minutes ago, Frosty01 said:

ok i reinstalled everything and it worked but now I have a new problem? Everything in the MCM for tats is like greyed out and I can't select anything

i not understand what you mean with "greyed out and I can't select anything"

can you explain better??? or put a screenshot???

If SlaveTats show the sections and tats you can try with my mod STMM. Manage the tats in a very friendly way.

33 minutes ago, GenioMaestro said:

i not understand what you mean with "greyed out and I can't select anything"

can you explain better??? or put a screenshot???

If SlaveTats show the sections and tats you can try with my mod STMM. Manage the tats in a very friendly way.

Sorry for my piss poor explanation lmao. Here's a screenshot. 20180612085949_1.thumb.jpg.b70ba7b6c86fd9832744e94f10dd7bf5.jpg

The options are greyed out and I can't click them or use the drop down. Same for every menu (body, face, hand, foot).

21 minutes ago, Frosty01 said:

Sorry for my piss poor explanation lmao. Here's a screenshot. 20180612085949_1.thumb.jpg.b70ba7b6c86fd9832744e94f10dd7bf5.jpg

The options are greyed out and I can't click them or use the drop down. Same for every menu (body, face, hand, foot).

Have you used up all the slots using Racemenu?  If so you should edit the NIIOVERIDE.INI file to add more slots.  May also have to edit it to enable facial tattoos since they are disabled by default.

Hooo... sorry for not understand you but a screenshot is much better

That external mean the slot is filled with a overlay from another source and must be RaceMenu tats. SlaveTats mark each slot filled with a tat from RaceMenu as EXTERNAL.

But is strange that you have ALL the slots in ALL the zones filled with tats from racemenu.

Revise the overlays over your player in racemenu. SlaveTats need the slot filled in RaceMenu with "default" for show it as available.

TESV 2018-06-12 18-27-56-64.jpg

TESV 2018-06-12 18-28-55-46.jpg

30 minutes ago, WaxenFigure said:

Have you used up all the slots using Racemenu?  If so you should edit the NIIOVERIDE.INI file to add more slots.  May also have to edit it to enable facial tattoos since they are disabled by default.

how do i go about adding more slots in NIIOVERIDE.INI? Can I just make it whatever number I want when I do?

39 minutes ago, Frosty01 said:

all the body paint options in racemenu are already "default"

Then you must have a problem in RaceMenu or/and NiOverride...

If your version of JContainers and PapyrusUtil are in-correct you can have the same problem with RaceMenu or/and NiOverride. Revise the versions and verify the compatibility of others mods that depend from RaceMenu or/and NiOverride. If the versions are correct re-install it.

The default configuration of RaceMenu/NiOverride offer 6 slots in body and 3 in hands and feet but 0 for face. If you want face tats must edit SKYRIM\DATA\SKSE\plugins\niOverride.ini for enable it.

EDIT: i presume you are using the last SlaveTats version. If not, of course, upgrade to the last version.

1 hour ago, Frosty01 said:

how do i go about adding more slots in NIIOVERIDE.INI? Can I just make it whatever number I want when I do?

Find the file, it's installed with the RACEMENU mod but it's an SKSE plugin so look for it in the SKSE folder.  The file has comments in it which will tell you what you need to know in order to increase the number of slots.

2 hours ago, UncleQrow said:

So for some reason the Mod doesn't let me apply body tattoos to my Half Dragon race, they are all greyed out, does anyone know the fix for it, hopefullly its simple, i've tried reinstalling it but that didn't work, my last option is a a purge reinstall of everything I have.

Greyed-out?  Do they also say "External"?