15 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

Better to examine the textures for Lydia to figure out why she's broken.

image.jpeg.8cf720e42655756b521d7d5e322503ae.jpeg    image.jpeg.a01fb0e1b1caa5d284a3f7f0686ae679.jpeg

Lydia before                                         Lydia after slavetats extra                               Facegeom and facetint disappeared, all another stuff works fine

Lydias Meshes, skeleton and skins are ok, but this happens when slavetats extra  works on here. She is replaced by bijin warmaidens and these mod works fine in my game. i use MO only. The problem is, i can´t  remove her profile out of slavetats

8 hours ago, El_Torro said:

image.jpeg.8cf720e42655756b521d7d5e322503ae.jpeg    image.jpeg.a01fb0e1b1caa5d284a3f7f0686ae679.jpeg

Lydia before                                         Lydia after slavetats extra                               Facegeom and facetint disappeared, all another stuff works fine

Lydias Meshes, skeleton and skins are ok, but this happens when slavetats extra  works on here. She is replaced by bijin warmaidens and these mod works fine in my game. i use MO only. The problem is, i can´t  remove her profile out of slavetats

I think you get the same effect by using the console and doing a "SetNPCWEIGHT ##" where ## is a value from 0 to 100 but I've had no trouble like this with SlaveTats and it has not defaulted anyone back to the generic unmodified head like that.

I suspect you have a 000A2C8E.NIF file from a mod that doesn't match the mod which gave Lydia that face, if you are using MO look for an conflict with the mod that you want changing Lydia and make sure the right mod wins the file level conflict in the left hand screen and if you are using NMM, reinstall that mod to make sure the right NIF file is present.

9 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

I think you get the same effect by using the console and doing a "SetNPCWEIGHT ##" where ## is a value from 0 to 100 but I've had no trouble like this with SlaveTats and it has not defaulted anyone back to the generic unmodified head like that.

I suspect you have a 000A2C8E.NIF file from a mod that doesn't match the mod which gave Lydia that face, if you are using MO look for an conflict with the mod that you want changing Lydia and make sure the right mod wins the file level conflict in the left hand screen and if you are using NMM, reinstall that mod to make sure the right NIF file is present.

Yes, you're right. The effect results from the weightchange.  That only affects the headmesh, the bodymorphs working fine. These problem is on all npcs after a weightchange.

I will seek the issue and posting here.

I have a question that may relate only tangentially to the mod. Namely, I am wondering why I cannot change the iNumOverlays in nioverride.ini over 12. This is true for all overlays (body, face, etc.).

Example of the problem (in-game SlaveTats will not register values above 12):

[Overlays/Body] ; "Body [Ovl#]" and "Body [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many body overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=12 ; Default[6]
iSpellOverlays=0 ; Default[0]

I have heard that some people use higher values than 12, so I assume that the problem is on my end (unless they only imagined that values above 12 worked?). But I'm not sure what exactly is the problem. Currently my ideas about the possible nature of the problem are as following:

1) Values above 12 work, but the MCM of SlaveTats doesn't show them.

2) There is some other setting somewhere that prevents values above 12 working or showing.

3) It's a hardware issue.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem?

4 hours ago, El_Torro said:

Yes, you're right. The effect results from the weightchange.  That only affects the headmesh, the bodymorphs working fine. These problem is on all npcs after a weightchange.

Think game code bug, I'm not sure there's anything that can be done with that except to avoid mods that change NPC weight.

3 hours ago, hfhkqidhs said:

I have a question that may relate only tangentially to the mod. Namely, I am wondering why I cannot change the iNumOverlays in nioverride.ini over 12. This is true for all overlays (body, face, etc.).

Example of the problem (in-game SlaveTats will not register values above 12):

[Overlays/Body] ; "Body [Ovl#]" and "Body [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many body overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=12 ; Default[6]
iSpellOverlays=0 ; Default[0]

I have heard that some people use higher values than 12, so I assume that the problem is on my end (unless they only imagined that values above 12 worked?). But I'm not sure what exactly is the problem. Currently my ideas about the possible nature of the problem are as following:

1) Values above 12 work, but the MCM of SlaveTats doesn't show them.

2) There is some other setting somewhere that prevents values above 12 working or showing.

3) It's a hardware issue.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem?

You can use higher values BUT Slavetats cannot.

Slavetats is limited to 12, it's a hard limit and would require a lot of work to overcome.

So if you set higher values make sure the high end slots are the ones that RaceMenu is using leaving the first 12 available for use by Slavetats.

5 hours ago, El_Torro said:

I think I found the problem. The Bijin mods are not compatible with weightchanging ingame. The weight are written within the esp file. Show here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/85873-changing-npc-weight/

I use the UNO patch which is overwritten by bijin patch. When i deactivate the bijin plugin, so works slavetats fine because UNO use the main meshes and textures. UNO only changes the facegeoms and facetints. In the bijinmod  i had overwritten the textures and meshes with my HDT PE and it works.

In this case I can not changing ingame the npc weights when i will playing with bijin overhauls. I think, Bijin wives, npcs and warmaidens are incompatible with all mods, whitch changing the bodyweight. Show topwards my pictures and these is was yatol had posted. https://www.loverslab.com/topic/85873-changing-npc-weight/?do=findComment&comment=2027718

:bawling:

On 1/12/2018 at 12:19 AM, Mugg said:

So I just attempted to go into the MCM to switch a tat, and discovered that all slots (body/face/hands/feet) are greyed out and occupied by 'External', which I'm assuming means Racemenu. I'm only using 6 body slots at the moment, out of 12.  The tats show up in Racemenu (I have them in slots 1-2, the other non ST overlays are in 3-6), and I can edit them as normal, but if I take them off they are not freed up in Slavetats, nor are any of the other free slots free in Slavetats. Not sure what's going on. I've tried swapping gender and re-installing ST; both without results. ST is below Racemenu in Load Order.

Also, while fiddling around with my char in testing as I often do, I realized SOS compatible cock tattoos would be a pretty sick addition to the roster imo for anyone with the know-how to make that happen ;)

*cough*

On 21. februar 2018 at 5:07 PM, WaxenFigure said:

You can use higher values BUT Slavetats cannot.

Slavetats is limited to 12, it's a hard limit and would require a lot of work to overcome.

What would actually be needed to get MCM to show more than 12 slots?

Due to some mods my char gets tats given from NPCs and some of them are simply not on the list in MCM, but they are in racemenu. Yet, I cannot select "blank" texture to replace a tat that I want to remove, only "default". Are default and blank the same or will using default block that slot from being assigned?

5 hours ago, DkPingus said:

Unrelated question: I'm wondering on what to do when Slavetats won't recognize my version of Jcontainers. I've tried using versions of 1.3 to 1.2.3 of Slavetats but those seem to not work with Jcontainers.

Currently using 3.3.RC.3 of Jcontainers as well

Use 3.3.0-RC-1, the RC-3 version is bad and breaks several mods.

the slavetats mcm doesn't show up and i't starting to worry me i have the latest version in beta and i don't know if the mcm is not in it

switched from 3.3.0 RC-3 to RC-1 and it works

not sure why this wasn't a issue in my older complete play through but it seems to fix it now

On 2/21/2018 at 12:05 PM, El_Torro said:

I've got this same issue. But I noticed that this happens to all modified npcs regardless of who's npc weight you change with slavetats. I mean I will change the weight of any random npc and everything will seem fine at first, but once I change cells every single npc's face changed by a mod will revert to the default face. This seems to be a bug with slavetats since changing npc weight with console doesn't cause this issue.

On 1/12/2018 at 12:19 AM, Mugg said:

So I just attempted to go into the MCM to switch a tat, and discovered that all slots (body/face/hands/feet) are greyed out and occupied by 'External', which I'm assuming means Racemenu. I'm only using 6 body slots at the moment, out of 12.  The tats show up in Racemenu (I have them in slots 1-2, the other non ST overlays are in 3-6), and I can edit them as normal, but if I take them off they are not freed up in Slavetats, nor are any of the other free slots free in Slavetats. Not sure what's going on. I've tried swapping gender and re-installing ST; both without results. ST is below Racemenu in Load Order.

Also, while fiddling around with my char in testing as I often do, I realized SOS compatible cock tattoos would be a pretty sick addition to the roster imo for anyone with the know-how to make that happen ;)

On 2/28/2018 at 9:39 AM, WaxenFigure said:

Huh, well then. Tried this and it fixed things for me as well for anyone wondering lol, cheers.

I have many ideas for tattoos that nobody has done before, but the explanation in written form of how to create a tattoo seems pretty tangled, perhaps an explanation on video would be easier, many people are more visual with the tutorials. Can someone make a video tutorial of that?

On 2/28/2018 at 4:39 PM, WaxenFigure said:

What does it break? If it's just error messages pertaining to folders not being json files, then those are benign. I haven't had noticeable issues with RC3.

On 3/4/2018 at 9:12 AM, serpientesmile said:

I have many ideas for tattoos that nobody has done before, but the explanation in written form of how to create a tattoo seems pretty tangled, perhaps an explanation on video would be easier, many people are more visual with the tutorials. Can someone make a video tutorial of that?

It isn't a video..but this is what I, a rather computer-illiterate person (and a visual learner), used to teach myself how to make overlays.

http://winkingskeever.com/how-to-create-new-body-paints-and-overlays-for-racemenu-part-1/

Only, instead of saving your final overlay to whatever file it says at the end, just save it to your desktop.  You can ignore Part 2, and just follow the instructions starting with step 6 on the OP.

6 hours ago, bicobus said:

What does it break? If it's just error messages pertaining to folders not being json files, then those are benign. I haven't had noticeable issues with RC3.

It breaks several mods including this one.  They literally just don't work, changing to the RC1 version fixes it.  Just look at the number of people already noting that it fixed the problem.

7 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

It breaks several mods including this one.  They literally just don't work, changing to the RC1 version fixes it.  Just look at the number of people already noting that it fixed the problem.

I was hoping that you knew what RC3 breaks, because I'm using it and it works correctly. I suspect there is some kind of user error at play, as there are some tats packages with a broken json file.

I added two screenshot to showcase that I did add then remove a tat without issue.

I however got two obscure errors in the process, which are related to collections.

Warning: access to non-existing object with id 0x1A77
Warning: access to non-existing object with id 0x1A96

Anyhow, stating that RC3 is broken without proper investigation isn't quite helpful. I don't know if @Earen still has plans to release a finalized version of the tool though. However there is some works being done to port JContainer to SSE, asking or reporting there could be helpufl.

20180306103926_1.jpg

20180306103950_1.jpg

Hmmm there might be something to that because late game I am getting some issues with tattoos in general with slavetats randomly disappearing etc. Using RC3 and when I start up a new game im getting some json errors in console but when I switch too rc1 im not receiving those errors.

3 minutes ago, atreyatan said:

tattoos in general with slavetats randomly disappearing etc

If slavetats does anything to your character, it will appears in the logs. There is also the matter of the version of slave tats you are using alongside JContainer: if the version of slave tats you are using is too old, a recent JContainer would break it. And the opposite is true too: using a recent version of slave tats would not work if JContainer is too old. (the word old and recent being relative here.)

So there are many things to keep in mind. Stating that RC3 breaks the mod is simply not true unless evidence is provided. A statement like "I changed JContainer and now everything works fine." is similar to "I did a prayer and now my headache has gone away.". Both proposition are absurd and relies on a confirmation bias.

JSON errors are moslty benign as all that does is make the alleged json file unreadable. RC3 seems to believe that folders are json too, thus throwing errors around. This is a folder, the error can be ignored:

[Error] Can't parse JSON file at 'DATA/TEXTURES/actors/character/slavetats/Grooovus' at line 1:0 - '[' or '{' expected near end of file

If the file ends with .json, then you should take a look at that file and correct the syntax.

14 hours ago, shuuchi said:

Hey there, I just downloaded the 1.30 beta, but the face tats section was completely empty for me.

Am I missing something?

Yes, you have to edit the NIIOVERIDE.INI file to enable facial tats and CTDs if a Slavetats tattooed person get decapitated which is why it defaults to disabled.  I prefer to install a mod to eliminate decapitations, I'm more into the sex than the bloody side of things.