Hi all,

I have sent the following PM to murfk, but thought I would post it here as well just in case he is busy and there may be some other fellow modder who can answer the questions for me.

Hi murfk,

I am hoping to integrate the slavetats method into my Tiefling mod so that she can change skin when she transforms from human to Tiefling (from human skin to dragon skin). Therefore I would need to add some coding to my transform spell script. Your description page gives an example:

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(Game.GetPlayer(), "Slave Marks", "Slave (pubic)")

However, when compiling the error message says:

F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(0,-1): mismatched input '<EOF>' expecting SCRIPTNAME
F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(0,0): error while attempting to read script slavetats: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\TieflingEquipHornsEffect.psc(79,2): variable SlaveTats is undefined
F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\TieflingEquipHornsEffect.psc(79,12): none is not a known user-defined typ

Do I have to initialise Slavetats at the start of my script in some way, and if so, what is the code for that?

Also, in your example I presume that "Slave Marks" is the section, but what is "Slave (pubic)" ie, (Pubic) is the area to be applied, but what is the "Slave? Is that the name of the dds file you want to be applied to the pubic area?

I have the following .json file working through the MCM menu in game

{"name": "Nether Dragon Body", "section":"Dragon", "texture":"Dragon\\NETHERbody_1.dds", "area":"Body"},
    {"name": "Nether Dragon Feet", "section":"Dragon", "texture":"Dragon\\NETHERbody_1.dds", "area":"Feet"},
    {"name": "Nether Dragon Hands", "section":"Dragon", "texture":"Dragon\\NETHERhands_1.dds", "area":"Hands"},
    {"name": "Nether Dragon Head", "section":"Dragon", "texture":"Dragon\\NETHERhead.dds", "area":"Face"},

So should the scripting line look like this?

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(Game.GetPlayer(), "Dragon", "NETHERbody_1 (body)")

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

dePog

PS: This is a pic of what she transforms into after slavetats applies the Dragon skin tattoos

LmEhIsu.jpg

t8tFfk7.jpg

I downloaded the 1.3 beta version but whenever i try to install a tattoo pack, NMM tries to disable the main file in favor of the tattoo pack. Is 1.3 incompatible with the packs?

Sounds like a NMM issue :) Is the message along the lines of "xyz file has been found do you want to upgrade?" since if that is the case you should be saying no to install normally

Been using the beta for a while now, name change feature is neat as it actually changes the npc console name so if you rename bandit with slavetats rather than something like PAH you get the name you set in slavetats show up on the console/sexlab arousal widget and anywhere else where the npc name remained the old one if you used PAH to rename

i have a problem when creating my tats 

there appears to be a white outline around the tattoo ingame

EDIT:i noticed that some of my tats don't have an outline ingame these have a grey rectangle over the image when i open the dds in photoshop i have no idea how that happened i did the exact same steps for each image 

can anyone plz help i'm using photoshop 

i have a problem when creating my tats 

there appears to be a white outline around the tattoo ingame

EDIT:i noticed that some of my tats don't have an outline ingame these have a grey rectangle over the image when i open the dds in photoshop i have no idea how that happened i did the exact same steps for each image 

can anyone plz help i'm using photoshop 

nvm this i solved the problem 

hopefully 

So, long time lurker here. Been away from skyrim for a year now and got bored enough for a new, clean, setup. all good so far but 1 problem, i had http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14322/? for tan lines and the pubic hair and if i remember it right i just installed it via MO and was able to use it with racemenu and slavetats.  But i cant just install it in mo this time, it says no data at top blabla. alot of ppl in the nexusforum had the same problem so im not sure if i did something different to get this to work last time. maybe someone here could help out how i get my favorite tan lines and landingstrip back  :blush: or suggest an alternative !

would love a paw print on the womb/ lower belly

I forget which pack, but I'm pretty sure one on the downloads page has one. Had several paw prints both 2 on the butt, one on the butt base of the spine and one in front.

So, long time lurker here. Been away from skyrim for a year now and got bored enough for a new, clean, setup. all good so far but 1 problem, i had http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14322/? for tan lines and the pubic hair and if i remember it right i just installed it via MO and was able to use it with racemenu and slavetats.  But i cant just install it in mo this time, it says no data at top blabla. alot of ppl in the nexusforum had the same problem so im not sure if i did something different to get this to work last time. maybe someone here could help out how i get my favorite tan lines and landingstrip back  :blush: or suggest an alternative !

The tats themselves are just Textures, MO expects to see a .esm or a .esp file in all mods... Just tell it to ignore the fault and install it

Once it's installed click it and tell it to ignore missing data.

The tats themselves are just Textures, MO expects to see a .esm or a .esp file in all mods... Just tell it to ignore the fault and install it

Thanks, found http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48705/? and it does all i wanted, so all good.

It doesn't need an ESP, I have several folders of textures from armor mods, SLAL and combat animations and other mods with no Esp. 

That "no data at top level" message comes up if the mod wasn't packaged with a "Data" folder in the right place.  Normally you'll see a list of the folders and you can move/drag and drop different folders around, then right click a folder and say "set data directory" to fix it.

I forget which pack, but I'm pretty sure one on the downloads page has one. Had several paw prints both 2 on the butt, one on the butt base of the spine and one in front.

In the Acazzi pack there is a double paw print on the lower belly but I am not sure where that pack is hosted.

Are there any other non-sexual overlays like feet nail polish, other makeup, etc?

There are toe and fingernail options, but I don't know how many facial options there are. Quite a few facial options are available for Racemenu and I was able to get one RM pack for slave tats so some conversion might be possible.

There are plenty of other bodyart and non-word options too, but you'll likely find a lot more of that in the Racemenu packs.

hi!

firstly, let me say thanks, this a great mod.

I just wanted to ask about the thing with 127 npcs in slavetats' MCM list. after 127 entries, slavetats won't add new ones to the list. at 126, it will keep adding 1 more new npc from any surrounding the player, as long as the last npc entry is not modified and has no data to retain. once it does, it's 127, and the list won't be appended, making it impossible to modify new npcs.

based on the code mainly at line 255, but the same limit is present in a few places, seems like this is intentional. is there any reason why you chose to cap the loop at 127 (if I am understanding things properly)? something to do with SkyUI?

also I have a bonus question. slavetats puts a black outline on images that it applies to npcs. is there a reason for that? a while ago I tried to create a pack with the various UNP pubic hairstyles but couldn't because of that outline thing.

• 2 weeks later...

hi!

I just wanted to ask about the thing with 127 npcs in slavetats' MCM list. after 127 entries, slavetats won't add new ones to the list. at 126, it will keep adding 1 more new npc from any surrounding the player, as long as the last npc entry is not modified and has no data to retain. once it does, it's 127, and the list won't be appended, making it impossible to modify new npcs.

based on the code mainly at line 255, but the same limit is present in a few places, seems like this is intentional. is there any reason why you chose to cap the loop at 127 (if I am understanding things properly)? something to do with SkyUI?

also I have a bonus question. slavetats puts a black outline on images that it applies to npcs. is there a reason for that? a while ago I tried to create a pack with the various UNP pubic hairstyles but couldn't because of that outline thing.

Don't know anything about scripting, but there's a (slightly dirty) solution I've used for other mods: Run two copies of SlaveTats. :-)

1) Copy and rename SlaveTats.esp [let's call it SlaveTats2.esp]

[Not sure if needed, but I've used the Merge Plugins tool to merge an esp-file to a new file to changes all records so there's no issues]

2) In TES5Edit:

a ) Change every reference to SlaveTats to SlaveTats2. That includes references to anything SlaveTats like SlaveTatsMCMMenu -> SlaveTats2MCMMenu, etc.

b ) I also found also references to st_extra, so rename that to st2_extra

3) Copy and rename all the scripts in the [Data\Scripts\Source] folder (SlaveTats2, SlaveTats2MCMMenu, etc.)

4) In Skyrim ScriptCompilerProSE:

[Note: Make sure you've got all needed scripts in your Source folders. If you get errors during the compilation stage, it's because you lack something.]

a ) Make a new project, and import all the Source files.

b ) Using Edit->Replace:

i) Replace [slaveTats] with [slaveTats2]

ii) Replace [st_extra] with [st2_extra]

c ) Click "Save" to compile the scripts

5) Activate the SlaveTats2.esp, and run your game. Should work.*

*I've looked through the esp/source files; this "should" work, but haven't yet tested it. It works for everything else, so I don't see why it shouldn't.

Good luck :-)

hi!

Don't know anything about scripting, but there's a (slightly dirty) solution I've used for other mods: Run two copies of SlaveTats. :-)

[Not sure if needed, but I've used the Merge Plugins tool to merge an esp-file to a new file to changes all records so there's no issues]

2) In TES5Edit:

a ) Change every reference to SlaveTats to SlaveTats2. That includes references to anything SlaveTats like SlaveTatsMCMMenu -> SlaveTats2MCMMenu, etc.

3) Copy and rename all the scripts in the [Data\Scripts\Source] folder (SlaveTats2, SlaveTats2MCMMenu, etc.)

[Note: Make sure you've got all needed scripts in your Source folders. If you get errors during the compilation stage, it's because you lack something.]

b ) Using Edit->Replace:

*I've looked through the esp/source files; this "should" work, but haven't yet tested it. It works for everything else, so I don't see why it shouldn't.

that's pretty smart! I'd thought about this before but I figured since you had one set of scripts with one set of property names that it wouldn't work. never occurred to me to just duplicate everything and change all the property names and such. might work and I'll try this out. thanks.

I found out after my post that it is SkyUI's limit. so as far as I saw I had three ways forward. a, use a patch somebody made to increase SkyUI's limit to 256 (maybe a bad idea), and which, given that the patch was designed for increasing the amount of mods SkyUI will display on its main menu, might not even solve the problem depending on how SkyUI is designed and what the patch exactly does. two, was use STMM which apparently has no colour management, requiring the use of Slavetats' MCM which brings us back to start. and d, patch Slavetats to be paginated, no small feat.

I haven't really looked at it since shortly after making my post but I was figuring I'd need to try and modify Slavetats' MCM menu or make a simple mod just to go through its API, but this should work so thanks.

hi!

2) In TES5Edit:

b ) Using Edit->Replace:

that's pretty smart! I'd thought about this before but I figured since you had one set of scripts with one set of property names that it wouldn't work. never occurred to me to just duplicate everything and change all the property names and such. might work and I'll try this out. thanks.

I found out after my post that it is SkyUI's limit. so as far as I saw I had three ways forward. a, use a patch somebody made to increase SkyUI's limit to 256 (maybe a bad idea), and which, given that the patch was designed for increasing the amount of mods SkyUI will display on its main menu, might not even solve the problem depending on how SkyUI is designed and what the patch exactly does. two, was use STMM which apparently has no colour management, requiring the use of Slavetats' MCM which brings us back to start. and d, patch Slavetats to be paginated, no small feat.

I haven't really looked at it since shortly after making my post but I was figuring I'd need to try and modify Slavetats' MCM menu or make a simple mod just to go through its API, but this should work so thanks.

Just tested it the other day. Plugged in a "2" like above, and compiled. Works like a charm, just like the original SlaveTats. Had to extract source files for Amazing Follower Tweaks to make it work. Plus the obvious Skyrim, SKSE, jcontainers, etc. if you don't have that. Mind though, a huge number of tattooed bodies will cause slowdowns at some point. I don't need it yet, but as the number of slaves grow, it'll come in handy. And face, body, feet, whatever. >:-)