Unmoddable though...When have people ever truly modded an online MP game? Hmmm, then there's Dragon Age 3, a game that was moddable, and may turn online MP.....I suppose I'll refer to Mass Effect yet again, while I'm at it. :P

I'd love MP, but not at the cost of modding. -_-

Not necessarily cost, just limit. Borderlands 2 works great with how dlc works for example, it would need to do something similar for modding. Texture re placers would be no issue for example, look at how it works in Left 4 Dead. Depends a lot on how servers are set up, and how taxing the game is. Also depends heavily on what they release the game on. If they keep it next gen they can do quite a lot, especially if they make it a 64bit executable.

Unmoddable though...When have people ever truly modded an online MP game? Hmmm, then there's Dragon Age 3, a game that was moddable, and may turn online MP.....I suppose I'll refer to Mass Effect yet again, while I'm at it. :P

I'd love MP, but not at the cost of modding. -_-

Call of duty?

*Gets Pelted*

Guest carywinton

Unmoddable though...When have people ever truly modded an online MP game?

Second Life? Muds? NWN1? Minecraft?

NWN2 is also Moddable, and has all flavors of game play, I actually still host servers for NWN1 and NWN2. I think Co-Op is where it may be headed as an option, oh snap, not talking anymore, shhh....

Okay, it appears that everyone wants to take their turn thinking of a moddable MP at my expense, but would you consider all the games we only wish were moddable?

Battlefield? Fable 3? Mass Effect 3? Defiance (not a great example, but an example nonetheless)? Many many many others??

If this game goes MP, there is no guarantee it will be moddable (at least not the way we want), and my guess it won't be. Time to stop thinking hard about MP games that can be modded to try to one-up me now?

I'm happy to see Victoria K. and Zombie_Expert stayed on topic...

FAble 3 and mass effect 3 was moddable. But yes I see your point.

I wanted to mod weapons on battlefield for custom textures. 

Anyways to back on the topic.

After reading some reviews on how this site can be fake, my opinion is that it can go both ways. Fallout may or may not announced. I just pray it comes out.

FAble 3 and mass effect 3 was moddable

Nope. They weren't, aside from a nude skin, and HD textures.

Topic: Even if Fallout 4 is moddable, going MP will probably just get people kicked offline, assuming you can mod the actual online MP portion of it. I'd like MP, but if it's not, then modding will be a reality. Fine with me, as long as the multi-stage anim problem gets fixed.

Hm, all this talk of co-op & MM & nobody's bitching about how they'd hate that? Let me be the first then. I'd really hate that. Stay the fuck out of my game, I say, I'll play mine, you can play yours, that way we get along. :P

And seriously, anything like this reduces moddability, especially when it comes to gameplay mods.

Either way, FO4 better be worth the griping we'll be hearing about it long before it's ever out.

(ok, so I'm in a bit of a mood)

I doubt FO4 will be multiplayer.  From a rolepalying standpoint that would kill the 'you-against-the-world' motif of a lone survivor in a nuclear wasteland.  I think multiplayer would also kill modding and there is the SteamWorkshop now.  I doubt they would go to the lengths they did just for Skyrim.

I doubt FO4 will be multiplayer.  From a rolepalying standpoint that would kill the 'you-against-the-world' motif of a lone survivor in a nuclear wasteland.  I think multiplayer would also kill modding and there is the SteamWorkshop now.  I doubt they would go to the lengths they did just for Skyrim.

I hope you're right Kendo. I've played all of the Fallout games going back to the great granddaddy of them all - Wasteland. I loved that post-apocalyptic feel and MP would just kill that.

BTW, I'm still using a few of the mods you made for FO3 and FONV. Great stuff still. 

FO4 will probably be dumbed down again to aim at for "T" rating lol , i mean check how dumbed down skyrim was, i sure hope they introduce 2 piece armors/clothing for fallout, i mean in oblivion you are free with your customization, now skyrim 1 piece armor/clothing top/bottom.

A multiplayer in Fallout 4 ? I'm not worried a bit about that. Bethesda laughed hard when some big players in the videogames industry said that games with no multiplayer doesn't sell well.

If wikipedia tell the truth: "In June 2013, Bethesda announced that over 20 million copies of the game had been sold." and that doesn't include the pirated copies and the latest Steam sales, so yeah...

I hope the "survivor 2229" website ain't bogus, that mean we would get previews during summer and the game in October as usual.

If its you against the world then why are there companions?

There better be a 64 bit edition of this game; they lied about releasing one for skyrim and it still runs on dx9c. I always wonder how much faster it would run if they updated to dx11 and built on 64bit. The only thing I could complain about is if this does do Boston why cant they make the story in another country? The aliens are already there too, and this alternate universe has crazy tech so I suspect that there will be a moon base if we ever get a rocket launch off in FO universe.

FO4 is going to be a dumbed down piece of garbage or a decent but nothing groundbreaking and easily overhyped like Skyrim game. Plain and simple.

That's it. Exactly my feeling.

Hm, all this talk of co-op & MM & nobody's bitching about how they'd hate that? Let me be the first then. I'd really hate that. Stay the fuck out of my game, I say, I'll play mine, you can play yours, that way we get along. :P

For me and others I think this is soooo implicit there is not even the need to say something about. <_<

The chance of MM makes me sad beyond imagination, let's leave it at that.

d1UxvTX.gif

This comes from here: http://thepropheteer.com/ that comes from here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67986316?page=29

for what I know.

And this is what they are checking out daily: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pJLwd0osKpnp6kEogWh6KAZZiM0Rh-odwWCDc3VEMVE/preview?pli=1&sle=true

my expectation for fallout 4 are as follows.

- I will buy it when I beat Tetris.

This stands as long as Bethesda and any of it associations are behind it.

Personally I've resolved to never buy Tetris, it has too many lore issues and developer screw-ups since it was ported from the original version  :P

Archived