The best example I can think of for a modded multiplayer was a RTS called Total Annihilation, it allowed players to download, install & use 3rd party models, maps, factories and units providing they were all installed on all players machines. It also allowed spawn MP copies so you could have the game multiplayer only installed for up to 4 other player. I installed it on some mates networked PC's some weekends and we had a great time with a 200 or so extra units added ranging between nuke gatling launchers, 400m long battleships, base size force sheild / radar  cloaking dome projectors to grenade throwing infantry and even Sopwith Camel WW1 biplanes on maps so big it took 10 minutes of aircraft searching continents just to find the enemy  :)

There was some modding in it's successor Supreme Commander 1&2 which sucked for other reasons, but It's current successor Planetary Annihilation is MMO and apparently no unit modding in sight for the future much to my disappointment.

I've played Fallen Earth and found it lacking in flavour due to no modding ability for character customisation. The freedom we have with FO3 & NV is great I do value that a lot more than MP, my real feeling is it will be based on the Skyrim engine as that's what they have "for free" and have staff experienced in at the moment.

Still can't wrap my head around how multiplayer makes a game better than single player.  I've done the WOW thing and I think it would have been just as enjoyable as single player.  As to the hoax..oh well...

And before I forget...

Asks the obvious: How will multiplayer (no matter the delivery) improve my 'army-of-one-lone-wolf-get-it-done' post- apocalyptic experience?

By allowing you to share that experience with one of those things called a friend. You may need to search one out though.

Why did that question invite your flame bait? It was a legitimate inquiry and your remark was unwarranted. You have a naughty habit of sniping me. It started in the 'Banned from Nexus' thread and this is the fifth time you've trolled me in a 30 day period. I've never had dealings with you (positve or negative) until that point yet for some reason you insist. Whatever... In the past I've responded or just let your comments roll off my back. From now on, when you do this I'll simply be quoting you and asking your reasoning.

How would it make it better than single player?

Because it allows for more diverse interactions. There's only so much an NPC can do; it gets damn tedious with roleplaying the actions and responses for every NPC in Bethesda's games due to woefully inadequate dialogue and AI.

Players, I.E characters controlled by humans, however, offer dynamic experiences that are almost assured.

You also equated multiplayer to an MMO. Stop that. Stop being stupid.

mmorpg/mmo/multiplayer all have one thing in common.

Because it allows for more diverse interactions. There's only so much an NPC can do; it gets damn tedious with roleplaying the actions and responses for every NPC in Bethesda's games due to woefully inadequate dialogue and AI.

Players, I.E characters controlled by humans, however, offer dynamic experiences that are almost assured.

Does this mean you're NOT taking me to the prom?

Guest endgameaddiction

Still can't wrap my head around how multiplayer makes a game better than single player.  I've done the WOW thing and I think it would have been just as enjoyable as single player.  As to the hoax..oh well...

And before I forget...

Asks the obvious: How will multiplayer (no matter the delivery) improve my 'army-of-one-lone-wolf-get-it-done' post- apocalyptic experience?

By allowing you to share that experience with one of those things called a friend. You may need to search one out though.

Why did that question invite your flame bait? It was a legitimate inquiry and your remark was unwarranted. You have a naughty habit of sniping me. It started in the 'Banned from Nexus' thread and this is the fifth time you've trolled me in a 30 day period. I've never had dealings with you (positve or negative) until that point yet for some reason you insist. Whatever... In the past I've responded or just let your comments roll off my back. From now on, when you do this I'll simply be quoting you and asking your reasoning.

That was rather bitter.

Nonetheless K2 is a cool person. Despite his awesome work from years back, it's nice hanging around him and getting to know the guy who's made these mods and continue to provide us with stunning work of his. Oh I think he's made friends.

*snip*

Please get back on track and keep the petty insults to yourself. I'm just as disappointed about Fallout 4 not being announced as anyone else, but please don't let out your frustrations on your fellow forum members.

Thank you.

Ummm, hate to break this to you, but MMO stands for Massive Multiplayer Online, only difference between it and regular Multiplayer essentially is it's Massive, You are possibly getting Multiplayer mixed up with Co-Op, most of either are now days hosted on a company server where old school Multiplayer was usually games hosted with one players computer as the server over LAN or an Atari with more than one Joystick plugged in.

Please discuss nicely and stop calling people stupid, it makes you sound arrogant & rude. People may be stupid, ugly, bald, fat, black, white, or retarded, possibly only in your opinion, but that doesn't mean you should show gross disrespect by addressing them as such.

Personally I like the option to play with or against people at times, as one human opponent can be more challenging than 3 or 4 AI's and sometimes it's fun to Roleplay with a team too. I preferred the City of Heroes Genre, I lost interest in WOW before level 30. Other times I like the RPG story or hammering it out against 3 or 4 AI's for 6 hours, knowing eventually this planet is mine, MUHAHAHHAhahahaa.............

There better be a 64 bit edition of this game; they lied about releasing one for skyrim and it still runs on dx9c. I always wonder how much faster it would run if they updated to dx11 and built on 64bit. The only thing I could complain about is if this does do Boston why cant they make the story in another country? The aliens are already there too, and this alternate universe has crazy tech so I suspect that there will be a moon base if we ever get a rocket launch off in FO universe.

If there is a 64bit edition the tools and other techniques will be very different for modding community. Great in the long run but might take some more time to get up and running. They wouldn't be able to "port" (copy paste) many of their tools and scripts and such.

Well with the hype perhaps Bethesda is watching... :ph34r:

if so they will be able to gather the fact that indeed FO4 is wanted badly. Many of their "fans" have played Skyrim to death and need another single player game to satisfy their fix. Those that haven't played Skyrim or don't like that type of game have been playing FNV for many years and need an upgrade just like those that love Oblivion game needed a upgrade to Skyrim it was due.

It is disappointing but hopefully they will get the point that we need not want a FO4. A company needs to pay attention to their customers and give them what they are desiring to the best of their ability or those customers will go to someone which will.

Archived