We're also the ones getting console gamers to buy the games twice.

Guilty as charged :P

or to pirate cause they dont want to pay twice.  ~_~

i bought my fallout new vegas on ps3, xbox 360 and PC. XD

And... Not guilty, m'lud: Both Fallout 3 and New Vegas legit Steam versions, here. But, no PS3 here, so you have me beat by one lol :)

Frak, tho', that means I bought all that DLC separately for console versions of the game, and don't ever play them on it any more :s

We're also the ones getting console gamers to buy the games twice.

Guilty as charged :P

or to pirate cause they dont want to pay twice.  ~_~

i bought my fallout new vegas on ps3, xbox 360 and PC. XD

And... Not guilty, m'lud: Both Fallout 3 and New Vegas legit Steam versions, here. But, no PS3 here, so you have me beat by one lol :)

Frak, tho', that means I bought all that DLC separately for console versions of the game, and don't ever play them on it any more :s

I didnt buy DLC for consoles :3 fuck the consoles. 

I bought ultimate edition for 20 bucks for PC. and bought pre ordered limited edition for xbox360

and bought my friends version of fallout nv for like 10 bucks whenever he was selling his ps3. XD

About this console matter, it's not the mods that make me decide to buy for PC, quite the opposite.

Since some years now I usually play when possible on xbox first, then if I really like the game without any mods, I'll buy also for PC but not always I start modding after that, nor in some cases is possible/appealing.

For most I do this more as a reward to the devs and publishers and for the satisfaction to own both versions, it's a personal thing.

Fallout 3 I own 4 copies (included collector)  - NV 2 copies (included collector) - Oblivion *never modded* 3 copies (included collector) - Skyrim 1 copy  (collector, and the only reason I didn't re-sell is to look at it and remind me I don't have to trust BGS anymore nor spending my money on their hype).

Only hoax I fear and could get me sad or pissed is the game itself.

Well, I'd given up on PC's for gaming back in '04 - never was a great gamer back then anyway... (I'm still not, even now, in some ways lol.)

Got into XBox (the real XBox 1) between '03 and '06, then graduated to 360 in '07 (Halo 3, hehe). Fallout 3 came along late Summer '09, for me. Second hand copy.

So, I put it in the 360 and installed to hard drive while making some lunch... Then fell in love with it as soon as I launched it, before even playing (yeah, I saw the beginning cut scene twice in a row - while eating lunch then right after when I started new game).

DLC for FO3 came in the two discs (one sent to me, one bought second-hand), plus buying Zeta on XBL market place. So, overall, quite a small investment.

New Vegas, bought new a month or so after it came out, at a decent knock down price, then the DLC as they came out. More of an investment :P

So, last year, finally having an old Core-2 Quad to use, PC versions of the games became viable. FO3 GotY: £15. FNV Ultimate: £15.

Verdict after a year of having moddable copies of the games? I'd only buy Fallout 4 (or New Vegas 2, or...) for a PC.

(Well, there's other issues anyway, like how frelling expensive gaming on the 360 is becoming, and not being able to afford an XBOne, etc. etc.)

Guest endgameaddiction

PC games for me only. I haven't invested my time into a console since the original Xbox and PS2. I despise consoles for too many reasons. I'll let you in on a secret... I'm no saint. My evil conscience mind will never let me return to the light. The experience I've gotten from PC version is unquestionably satisfying. So there is no place in heaven for me. Having mod my games since of late 2004 I um... can't help it. It's all I desire. It gives me full control of my game. I inject what ever I feel is necessary to make it more of a lore or unlore role playing feel for me. Yes, yes... give me more!

I've said this before. It's because of mods that lured me to Fallout 3. And the thing is, I never was into shooter type games. I'm more into melee weapon type games or crossbow/bow. You'd think I'd go straight to Oblivion or something, but the post-apocalyptic world caught my attention though. I can't help it. It took my virginity all over again...

Guest endgameaddiction

"Unless Kotaku’s report turns out to be fraudulent. If that proves the case, I will swear off reporting on Fallout until I hear it emerge from the throat of a Bethesda employee in person."

hehe sounds like someone I know :angel:

Kudos to Gopher for saying what he said about Fallout 3 and the critics.

Shame its going to be like £29 - £39 :P

I just hope it has open ended play and free mode after finishing the storyline. Unlike New Vegas.

Doesnt matter on the price, its still a great game <_< unless they completely fuck it up somehow. 

i think i paid 100$ (£73) for the collectors set when it came out lol so meh.

Any beth modable game is worth the wait and price since beth games always leaves everything unfinished so mod community swoops and make awesome stuff, just hope they make something that would wow us, cause face it skyrim is not much of a wow factor in vanilla. Oh oh new vegas continue after end game mod is expanded now, with npc comments after the events.

"Any beth modable game is worth the wait and price since beth games always leaves everything unfinished so mod community swoops and make awesome stuff, just hope they make something that would wow us,"

:exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Yeah, moddability is definitely a cool feature, but without modders' tremendous efforts, their games look like shit, play like shit. They provide you with a crappy editor that keeps crashing. You always need a third party software to clean the mess their editors create. Still, they demand outrages prices for these things. When eventually they can't sell them anymore, they drop the prices and only then, you should buy their games. God, I love bashing Bethesda! :D Seriously, we play their games because unfortunately, there aren't many alternative developers who create similar kind of role-playing games.

Any beth modable game is worth the wait and price since beth games always leaves everything unfinished so mod community swoops and make awesome stuff, just hope they make something that would wow us, cause face it skyrim is not much of a wow factor in vanilla. Oh oh new vegas continue after end game mod is expanded now, with npc comments after the events.

skyrim doesnt even have a wow factor WITH mods lol

Why i cant play it for more than 4 days and still be intrested Lol

LOL then your not playing Skyrim correctly then :P

Pretty sure i know the controls.  

I just dont find fighting like cave men to be interesting. 

Fighting is boring in the game. 

Why i prefer fallout over skyrim, Plus fallout has more of a interesting world and quest lines.. Lol

Ha! Just got them for the 3rd time! Just in case... :lol:

If you're going to play FO2 make sure you get the Restoration Project. You don't have to download any other patches (including any official/unofficial patches or the hires patch) as the RP includes everything.

Here's another reason to hate the fuckin Bethesda...

Please note that all three classic Fallout titles are pending right holder change. Sadly, to the best of our knowledge, we'll be forced to remove Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics from our offer. That doesn't mean, however, that you won't be able to download them if they are already a part of collection by then. Secure your copies today (or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)!

The above is a quote from GoG. It appears they won't be able to sell these anymore.

A quote from nma-fallout.com forums...

Bethesda is getting the distribution rights from Interplay this month. And GOG.COM doesn't have a deal with Bethesda(or Zenimax) so they will probably have to remove them from sale.

Archived