Honestly, I have played the elder scrolls online beta, I am not really impressed. It's exactly what I expected it be and the fact that it is unmoddable makes the game a lot more dull. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad because new quests and new content are always fun to play with. The 15$ a month is a killer.

My eyes are set on a different mmorpg game coming out around the same time as ESO. Tom CLancy's the division. If you don't what that is, I suggest you to watch the gameplay of it.

thesurvivor2299.com update.

Notes :

Nuclear Winter is Coming in xDays xHours xMin xSec (counter in site)

New morse code translates :“Nuclear winter is coming. Reserve your future home today! ###PERMISSION DENIED BY OVERSEER (15334) ###” (it previously read “Nuclear winter is coming. Reserve your future home today! 877-260-2299″

If you call the number tranquility lane plays on your ears. Got scared when i heard it lol.

“the quabbin reservoir is seven zero four two two nine nine”

and the old one

“MY DEAR SISTER. I’M HEADING TO THE INSTITUTE. GOD KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE NOW. THIS OLD BASTARD WILL HELP US. HE MUST HELP US. –0321–”

last time i checked which was 5 mins ago

that morse code says

NCRA UNIT BST 314 7 EMRG MSG NEW YORK STAGE 7 WASHINGTON STAGE 7 LOS ANGELES STAGE 7 AUSTIN STAGE 7 CHICAGO STAGE 7 NEW ORLEAN STAGE 7 LAS VEGAS UNKNOWN MIAMI STAGE 7 DALLAS STAGE 7 DENVER STAGE 7 SAN DIEGO STAGE 7 SAN FRANCISCO STAGE 7 B OSTO NCRA UNIT BST 314 7 EMRG MSG NEW YORK STAGE 7 WASHINGTON STAGE

and that repeats

I really fear about Fallout 4 :o

When Fallout 3 came out many said it was Oblivion with guns and for me that was all good.

(it is not, but I see where they come from)

If Fallout 4 turns out to be Skyrim with guns, for me would NOT be good at all.

Well... will see, my hope is almost zero.

You could always use one of the guns mods from Nexus to preview F4 then! Yay Dwarven Assault rifles!

;)  Sure as hell I want to preview F4 in some way, I hate Skyrim heartily.

I can't help, It's unplayable for me even with mods, it needs to be rewritten entirely!

Well... that's me, the rest of the world seem to love Skyrim so bad.

In any case I'm expecting the worse from F4, this way I shouldn't be disappointed.*

:)

*(not true, I will be damn desperate, I know...!)

Guest endgameaddiction

I only play tested Skyrim for about an hour or so. It was alright. Thought I would of been able to get into it, but I'm not a TES follower. Gave up on them medieval/fantasy games since my 8 years on FFXI. FO3 did it for me. The game world and atmosphere was enough to convince me. Everything about it was just right. I hope that FO4 can deliver that feel once again. If not, I'm not surprised. I haven't been for these last 3 years.

Fallout 4 teaser is here http://thesurvivor2299.com/

18 days?

Going to release it for this Xmas? Seems unlikely...................

Or maybe it's just like all the hype we get now days 18 days before an announcement about an announcement on when a beta starts in 3 years time :P

If it takes 3-4 years hmm I could be married by than and have kids lol. Lots  could happen while waiting for it

I would assume they are going to announce a release date.  I am wondering if it will be based on the old engine or the new Skyrim Engine, either way, we'll just have to wait and see.  A new fallout game would keep me entertained for a while.

I only play tested Skyrim for about an hour or so. It was alright. Thought I would of been able to get into it, but I'm not a TES follower. Gave up on them medieval/fantasy games since my 8 years on FFXI. FO3 did it for me. The game world and atmosphere was enough to convince me. Everything about it was just right. I hope that FO4 can deliver that feel once again. If not, I'm not surprised. I haven't been for these last 3 years.

Run out of "likes" for today, didn't know there is a limit.

This should do it.

I just hope we do not start off in a Vault, or shot in the head which should have obviously killed you,( yet there is a 1 in 10 chance of a person surviving this) P.B.R with that gun, Benny had enough time pointing that thing to decide where he was gonna put the hole and not miss.. Could do it so we are in the opposite time era and teleported back to Fallout 4 time, (like terminator 2 style, with no weapons) to help out and get all the shit organized, not just popping out a vault fully trained in survival, unarmed and lethal COMBAT. All you fired was a B.B Gun yet u pop in to the wasteland pickup a assault rifle and kicked ass, against people who have been shooting the things for years.

Might be of no relevance, but the current audio file is called Longfellow.  If that's to do with the poet then, courtesy of Wiki : "living the remainder of his life in Cambridge, Massachusetts "

And what's in Cambridge, Massachusetts?  "Cambridge is home to two of the world's most prominent universities, Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology"

Makes sense in game terms.  The Enclave is blasted and the Remnants hold North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin and part of Michigan.  They are scattered and out of the picture.  The NCR and the Legion are Southwest based (NV ruined them anyway and I don't want to see them in another game).  The Texas and Midwest BOS are hardly ever mentioned and the UAF is just GONE from the lore.  That leaves the Commonwealth or a NEW enemy.  NEW would be nice but I don't see that happening.

And I'm with Skynet.  Introduce a NEW WAY to get the player in the game.  I felt ZERO connection with my 'prisoner' toons in Oblivion and Skyrim.  I wasn't connected to my NV toon either.  I DID feel some connection to my FO3 toon, but the 'locked in a vault' angle needs to be rethought.

^^^^^

Pretty much my exact sentiments too.  My g/f was a hardcore 1 and 2 fan and NCR / Legion (and the Khans in her opinion) were all just meh in NV.  It was darker in ways and with better storytelling but It lacked the character connection and bleak atmosphere.  I also loved going blind into all those subways.  In NV in fact, I tended to quit characters after just doing all the DLC's first.

Here are some things I am hoping to see in Fallout 4:

Relatively simple and clean file formats not only for textures and models but for animations. Simple, by the way, mostly means that complete documentation is not too verbose and is available to the modding community (basically anyone with the time and interest to contribute).

The player character should be a unique entity and customizable without having to change NPCs. 

Gender specific armors. If a girl wants to wear a guy's armor it should not change structure. Likewise if guys want to wear female armors. Instead of having them mutate automatically, I would like to have them retain their original shape. To get newly dropped armor to fit, I'd like to see having to take it to someone and have them fix it up for you or something.  (The basic algorithm would be Jos Stam's - you have the armor and the character model, you can subdivide them a few times to get quads, then use eigenvectors to get smooth surface normals then find distances between the one character model and the armor. Then use these measurements to fit the armor to the new character model. I am sure there would be some problems, to be worked out but I have been too lazy to implement this for myself to see what they are.) Custom fitted armors would involve some tradeoffs but there are a variety of ways of solving those. It would be fancier to actually simulate the materials involved but that might be going too far?

A similar technique for creating player characters.  (I'd also like to see the ability to create non-sexual player characters as well as hermaphrodites.) And while an in-game character generation is really cool, it would also be nice for mods to be able to start with a different default character. 

As for content... I am not sure whether I want to see really bleak realistic stuff or if I want to see wild fantasy stuff (think CoC or Flexible Survival) or just pretty eye candy. Having character interactions have an influence on such things would of course be nice.

That said, I often make bad choices, and I also like seeing other people's tastes, so I am only labeling the above as "hopes". There's an art to balancing the "defects" of a game in an aesthetically pleasing fashion...

I do hope Dec 11 is really the release date, though, and I'd love to play the game multiple times.

Gender specific armors. If a girl wants to wear a guy's armor it should not change structure.

Then you are asking for less options. That would be the perfect excuse to deliver less female armor, a very good way to spare effort and time (and money). Could be just my feeling. Thought the developers are getting lazy and lazier and the publishers greedy and greedier.

Likewise if guys want to wear female armors. Instead of having them mutate automatically, I would like to have them retain their original shape. To get newly dropped armor to fit, I'd like to see having to take it to someone and have them fix it up for you or something.

Well, that's just about impossible.

Rpg games for poeple like you and me, who are willing to see such things, is dead.

Gender specific armors. If a girl wants to wear a guy's armor it should not change structure.

Then you are asking for less options. That would be the perfect excuse to deliver less female armor, a very good way to spare effort and time (and money). Could be just my feeling. Thought the developers are getting lazy and lazier and the publishers greedy and greedier.

Likewise if guys want to wear female armors. Instead of having them mutate automatically, I would like to have them retain their original shape. To get newly dropped armor to fit, I'd like to see having to take it to someone and have them fix it up for you or something.

Well, that's just about impossible.

Rpg games for poeple like you and me, who are willing to see such things, is dead.

Maybe?

But thank you for your impression. Seeing how other people think about my ideas is incredibly important for my decisions in how I should proceed.

i say i have high hopes for Fallout 4 but there is a few things i would want

1. Adult & Dark themes, not everyone wants Caps/ Gender plays a bigger role with side quests, or adult themed areas of the game

2. A new layer to Gun to add to with Add-ons, and Ammo types, like to use 2 1 handed guns

3. a new layer to game play, in a form of mutation, and it comes with its own Advantages and Disadvantages either with Passives or Actions

4. Maybe an updated theme, like 80s or 90s, before the world goes down hill

there are a few other things, but i can't remeber them atm 

I'm not really expecting much or holding out much hope for Fallout 4. If beth is writing the game itself, it will very likely only be worthwhile to play for laughs and after it has been modded, like skyrim and oblivion. FO# was okay to wander around in, and the game play istelf is not bad, but I could never get into wanting to play and finish the game itself

The biggest thing I would like to see go is essential characters. These are a terrible idea, and started throwing  me off FO3 before I even got out of the Vault, when I couldn't kill that whiny Amata chick for being mad I killed the father who was having her beaten and tortured, and who is trying to kill the player. The essential most annoying children ever to appear in a game  children sealed the deal for me. The only mod I ever installed for FO3 was killable children, and the first thing I did was go to paradise falls and kill those little 3 brats several times. Apparently there is a whole town full of these evil kids somewhere, but I never got that far into the game. If you are putting children in the game, they should be there for immersion, not quest central, insultingly whiny brats that you have to side with or there is no game progression.

In any case there are plenty of ways to tell a story without having essential characters being the only way to progress the plot, beth just has never really bothered to learn how, or is simply not willing to implement those decisions, nor do they generally bother to offer multiple solutions to the quest. To go back to the kids. I can either let them out, let them out, or let them out, there is no way I can simply actually buy and keep them as slaves, or work with the slavers of paradise falls implemented properly in the game.

Be nice to see some improvement but no expectation of it, just another nice world to walk in and shoot things and maybe the modders will fix it.

Skyrim was THE WORST for having unkillable NPCs.  Maven Blackbriar who serves no real or valid purpose in the game is flagged as unkillable.  That Brynulf(sp?) douche who starts the Thieve's Guild quests is the same way.  WHAT IF I wanted to kill these people and end their little criminal enterprise?  Can't do it.

Something else I would like to see in FO4 is doors that can be broken down or demolished with explosives.  NO REASON why a handgrenade wouldn't blow a locked wooden door off of its hinges or why I can't simply kick it in.

Haven't played FO3, but FNV is nothing like Fallout. It's actually more Skyrim than Fallout. Seriously, they even managed to sneak in a Roman themed enemy into the Fallout world and I suppose not many of you have said "WTF!?". Also, what's left to do in Fallout world anyway? Every new Fallout title on the market seems to take away a significant amount from the atmosphere created by the original game.

Anyway, here's what I'm going to do about any future Bethesda/Zenimax game, if I see a Sex<insert game title> of them on LL accompanied by a significant amount of mods, then I'm going to buy them, otherwise fuck'em.

Well the reason we didn't is because Bethesda didn't develop Fallout: New Vegas, Obsidian did, which is made up from a a lot to the staff from Black Isle staff who made Fallout 2. Also the Legion are a creation of Black Isle for the orginal Fallout 3 known as Van Buren. The legion also appear in the Fallout Bible written by Chris Avellone http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Chris_Avellone

So yeah Bethesda had nothing to do with the legion and only published New Vegas, sorry if I made you look like a twat but do a liitle research next time before getting all self-righteous (please note I'm not arguing whether or not the Legion is done well, thats a different kettle of fish).

Skyrim was THE WORST for having unkillable NPCs.  Maven Blackbriar who serves no real or valid purpose in the game is flagged as unkillable.  That Brynulf(sp?) douche who starts the Thieve's Guild quests is the same way.  WHAT IF I wanted to kill these people and end their little criminal enterprise?  Can't do it.

Something else I would like to see in FO4 is doors that can be broken down or demolished with explosives.  NO REASON why a handgrenade wouldn't blow a locked wooden door off of its hinges or why I can't simply kick it in.

I think that was over reaction to things that could happen in Oblivion which could lead to important NPCs been killed by random things (like NPCs falling off bridges to there deaths). I too hope they dial it down a bit.  TBH not been able to kill Rolf Stone-fist always bothered me more. All because he can be a target of the that radiant quest nonsense I personally never bothered with

Archived