Not a good idea to bring up the Abrahamic religions; what with the barbarism, totalitarianism, slavery, racism, sexism, human supremacy and whatnot.

Uhuh...good job on blowing your secular cover.  Now I understand why your 'satirical avatar' isn't so satirical after all.

Oh the irony.

Failing to see the irony as I'm merely pointing out the obvious while not taking the moral or ethically superior position.

*groans*  Would you Nexus people please just go away?

Guest endgameaddiction

Meh... I don't see no harm done. Just a little aggressiveness and whiplash is nice here and there.

@Ark

They really need to put more emphasis into the preset department. And NPCs. Then again I have no problem doing this since I've been doing this for quite some time. Now... if only I was dedicated enough to do all the NPCs in the wasteland and turn it into a mod. However, I must say I only do females. :P

I'm sure dev's have noticed that people don't look too great in the last Fallout games. I'm sure they've noticed that some things don't make sense in those games. With X-Box One out, they will have to make some changes to the look of the game to make all of the graphics way better, which obviously includes better faces. F4 will no doubt look much better than the others.

Also, as all Bethesda games, voice-acting will need to improve. Skyrim did a much better job than Oblivion, for example. Have you played Ace Combat 5? The game is old, and on PS2, but the voice-acting was absolutely flawless! If an old PS2 game can do a perfect job at voice-acting, surely the new Beth games can catch up by now. These games need way more voice-actors. Gimme a call, Bethesda. I'll do it for $12 per hour. Sure better than paying 6 people $30 (or more) per hour each to make 1,000 voices...

I'd rather there be no voice acting; use a text system akin to the one in the 2D Fallouts. Offers more development time, doesn't bother people with hearing the same five voices and makes mods with dialogue a much less jarring experience.

Let's not forget Bethesda's horrendous animations. The dragon fights for Skyrim, for example, were a let down. I was expecting Bethesda to take a page out of Monster Hunter, but no. We got these....Things.

And spiked knuckles better not be the best melee weapon. Again.

No voice system? :huh: 

I want games to evolve in a video style, meaning more like an interactive DVD. Once again, I'll refer to Mass Effect. It's one of the only reasons I like Dragon Age 2 more than Dragon Age: Origins. It's what made cut-scenes in Ace Combat 5 look great. It's a major improvement to any game to have a player voice. I don't want to read a damn thing. :P Imagine shouting "Fus Roh Da!", and having to read it instead...

I want to yell at people like the commander that Shepard is! I'd like to do that in any new game I play. If I'm the shiznit, I want to sound like it.

Though I do agree with all you've said. Most voice-acting has been done badly. And I have nothing at all against a sandbox, but I would like to give my character a stronger personality, by giving them a voice. (ME3 did it best...yay Jennifer Hale!)

I like badass action movies, and I want to control them myself. That's my idea of the perfect game.

UI needs to improve. I'm talking about the barter/container menus specifically. Skyrim luckily has SkyUI as an alternative, but there seems to be no cure for FNV's horrendous UI.

As for voice acting I'm with MajinCry. Having voice acting in a game puts modders in a difficult position. For the sake of consistency I prefer no voice acting in (moddable) games.

I'd rather there be no voice acting; use a text system akin to the one in the 2D Fallouts. Offers more development time, doesn't bother people with hearing the same five voices and makes mods with dialogue a much less jarring experience.

Let's not forget Bethesda's horrendous animations. The dragon fights for Skyrim, for example, were a let down. I was expecting Bethesda to take a page out of Monster Hunter, but no. We got these....Things.

And spiked knuckles better not be the best melee weapon. Again.

The voicing never bothered me personally, dump voicing? Sur it's not perfect, but no point removing features, might as well dump 3D and go back to C64 sound effects while we're at it, maybe just do it on the Minecraft engine in black & white  :)

UI needs to improve. I'm talking about the barter/container menus specifically. Skyrim luckily has SkyUI as an alternative, but there seems to be no cure for FNV's horrendous UI.

As for voice acting I'm with MajinCry. Having voice acting in a game puts modders in a difficult position. For the sake of consistency I prefer no voice acting in (moddable) games.

No cure for FNV's UI? ever heard of Darnified UI? or DarnUI? or Revelations UI? :D

Voice acting regarding i sure do hope its not 10 people acting 200+ unique npcs lol

No cure for FNV's UI? ever heard of Darnified UI? or DarnUI? or Revelations UI? :D

I've already been using DarnifiedUI. Haven't heard of Revelations UI before, it doesn't look like much of an improvement anyway, but I'll give it a try, thanks.

Just to clarify, my complaints about the UI are mostly about its functionality or rather lack of it, not just about its appearance.

I love the vanilla UI and the Pip-Boy :heart:

No darnified et similia for me, no thanks.

For Skyrim they should have been ashamed to present such UI, I hate it with passion and even if the modded one is much more convenient, I still don't like the look of it.

It doesn't feel like something related to the environment, I would have liked better something similar to a book (classic), not some "cool" "Aero" theme.

Hope in FO4 the UI will be, if not identical to the current one, at least very similar; and the old good Pip-Boy, of course.

Gonna piss myself if the teaser adds up too being fuck all, and all the bitching was for nothing...But seriously HOW do any of you know it is for FALLOUT 4....OK Fallout 4 is now trademarked and registered on a site but the teaser is giving nothing that it is Fallout 4.. Like standing there in a pair of kecks with a massive package down front, drop em to find a tiny gherkin, not all seen is what it seems.

Awesome you're continuing with your on-going Lover's Lab flame bait theme.  Funny that you beat the Nexus drums of righteousness yet exhibit behaviors HERE that would get you banned THERE.  (Shows your obvious contempt for the Lover's Lab staff and members.)  "Oh!  No WAY I can get away with this bullshit at Nexus, but I can do what I want here!"

My apologies to the OP and staff, but enough is ENOUGH.

What flame bait? You were tearing into the game because it was a comic book instead of Shakespeare. I like the fact that it is a comic book, its rather clear that was its original intention. In that way I hope it does not change. What is funny is that you somehow like Fallout at all considering the entire series has been that way. You want to not like something, fine, but dislike it for a reason that actually has merit.

And no, rather clearly it won't get me banned there. I have 10 times as many posts there as I do here, and I do not censor myself in the slightest. In fact I have questioned and lodged complaints on many things, especially in the new hot button topic of giving mod authors the ability to ban others from their mods. Seeing as I have not been rebuked, much less banned, clearly one of us has a problem.

I hope they make a decent attempted at creating a decent looking face this time found though. Fallout character where not the best to look at :s

Considering how much better such things have gotten from game to game over time, its almost assured that characters will be better.

There have been a couple of studies done that show people connect many times better with VO versus no VO. For single player games it really is a must have. You can make the argument against it for multiplayer games though. Really depends on which crowd the devs try to appease.

Agreed. I feel this is the biggest place Bethesda needs to improve. Tie animations to weapons themselves instead of a single set for everything. I do not care if they make multiple sets or not, but allow the community to be able to. One of my biggest pet peeves with Skyrim is not being able to use a rapier like a rapier, atleast not without screwing up everything else. PCEA only goes so far. :(

I want to yell at people like the commander that Shepard is! I'd like to do that in any new game I play. If I'm the shiznit, I want to sound like it.

I hope not. I really hate it when games put in a voice for me. I actually did not like Mass Effect because my character sounded off. I made a Samuel L Jackson wannabe, and my Shepherd still sounded like a white guy. The clash drove me nuts.

I like badass action movies, and I want to control them myself. That's my idea of the perfect game.

That is perfectly valid. This is a pretty interesting presentation on different types of media and how they have changed:

I hope they make a decent attempted at creating a decent looking face this time found though. Fallout character where not the best to look at :s

Considering how much better such things have gotten from game to game over time, its almost assured that characters will be better.

One would hope but I very much doubt it. Come on look at Skyrim............

I just hope they go back to free play after finishing the story. New Vegas sucked bad with that, it was the only thing I had a issue with though.

And I very much doubt Fallout 4 will be released this year.

I hope not. I really hate it when games put in a voice for me. I actually did not like Mass Effect because my character sounded off. I made a Samuel L Jackson wannabe, and my Shepherd still sounded like a white guy. The clash drove me nuts.

I agree with the male voice thing. Sam L would be AWESOME! I used fem-Shep though (yay Jennifer Hale!).

One would hope but I very much doubt it. Come on look at Skyrim............

I just hope they go back to free play after finishing the story. New Vegas sucked bad with that, it was the only thing I had a issue with though.

And I very much doubt Fallout 4 will be released this year.

There is a pretty clear progression. Look at Morrowind to Oblivion to Skyrim. Skyrim is still better than what we got in Fallout 3/NV, even if they still were painful.

And I agree. Even with the ramp up in the "arg" Its much more likely to be released next year some time, for a bunch of reasons.

I agree with the male voice thing. Sam L would be AWESOME! I used fem-Shep though (yay Jennifer Hale!).

Big, buff, bald black dude. If he doesn't look like a bitch I don't want him to sound like one. :P

Also, new Brodual vid is up

Gonna piss myself if the teaser adds up too being fuck all, and all the bitching was for nothing...But seriously HOW do any of you know it is for FALLOUT 4....OK Fallout 4 is now trademarked and registered on a site but the teaser is giving nothing that it is Fallout 4.. Like standing there in a pair of kecks with a massive package down front, drop em to find a tiny gherkin, not all seen is what it seems.

Easy, tree dog, either NV2 FO4 or another FO game.

But seriously HOW do any of you know it is for FALLOUT 4....

Even if it IS Fallout 4, how do you know it's going to be a role playing game? :D

Will revolve around the universe of Fallout, vault tech logo on main site nuff said.

Archived