Cyberpunk 2077 is the most used single player game on steam today.

Quick question, is Redmod substantial like it claims to be? Or is it just another bluff by CdRed. What I’m asking is, is it possible to create quest and add animation, like it claims it can. I know that red engine is supposed to be garbage and not many people know how to use Redmod yet. What I’m asking is, with difficulty aside, is it theoretical possible to seriously alter this game with the current tools like making sex mods.

12 hours ago, OH1972 said:

"Leads to" is neither here nor there. 77 is strongly connected to CP2020, and directly references Firestorm:Stormfront and Firestorm:Shockwave.

Your comments scream of not knowing half as much about either Cyberpunk as a genre or the tradition of the RTG game specifically. "Hardwired", which I mentioned in the post you replied to, isn't even from Gibson. Walter Jon Williams, author of "Hardwired", was strongly connected with Pondsmith and the RTG crew, not only contributing to the "Hardwired" supplement, but also playtesting the original game.

And Pondsmith himself writes in LUYPS: "As a cyberpunk, your job is to hit the future head on and beat it, not cower in a corner longing for the Good Old Days. As far as you're
concerned, it won't get any better till you make it better."

"When I wrote the first Cyberpunk game years ago, I didn't suspect it would evolve into a multileveled science fiction epic that would be shared by tens of thousands of people around
the world. But what I did see was a future; a future not quite here yet, where Humanity and Technology would collide and create something new. It was a dark vision, because any time you enter an unknown realm, the road ahead is dark. But I figured we were fated to be going there one way or the other, so why not try to get a sense of what it would be like? Why
not illuminate the pits and the traps before they were on us like an icy spot on the highway at night? In the martial arts, a kata is a series of moves, almost a dance routine, designed to move through all the steps of an actual attack or defense. Roleplaying is like that, too; it allows you to work out how you'll deal with a situation before it arrives (if ever). It tests your understanding of what is going on around you, and it allows you to make decisions, check reactions, and know yourself within the safe confines of your imagination. Think of this game as a kata. For the Dark Future; a future you may not even want to have. If you want to change it, this is your chance to practice how you'll do it. If you want to be part of it, this'll give you some idea of what it will be like, and whether you think you' ll be ready." (Mike Pondsmith, "What is Cyberpunk?")

In the same section, Ross "Spyke" Winn adds: "The idea behind the Cyberpunk 2020 game is revolution. Other games usually revolve around survival, in Cyberpunk, survival is secondary. What is important is accomplishing something. To keep from being just another statistic. It is the concept of empowerment. The ability of a person to make a difference
in their world. Whether it's the small world of a burnt-out neighborhood, or a Corporation that controls the assets of a Nation. That is your world, and that world is where you must make a difference. This is a world of opportunity, a world where a person can make their own way. We can change the world, right now!"

The point of the setting is NOT that you can't make a difference, that in the end, you're just an inconsequential cog ground up by the larger mechanism dominated by the corps - quite the contrary. You may die, yes, but not as some cruel joke on the side, but because it may be necessary to make that change you want to affect. 

Which all the more makes letting V die to bring back Johnny such a ridiculous idea.

For someone spouting being an expert you should probably finish out the context you started because Pondsmith covered how revolutions work pretty succinctly which is the literal punk in cyberpunk and just like most punk endeavors there is no happy ending other than what you or your potential circle get from it.

The second half of your diatribe literally contradicts your earlier attempt an exegesis which isn't even needed, because the entire counterpoint of the thread's original premise is Badowski's The Matricular Adventures of Johnny Silverhand starring John Matrix from the Matrix doesn't fit 77, Red or even CDPR's first two treatments of the game's premise and presentation, and I really like the part where you literally repeat what I already said but twice as long, which renders the point of your point specious at best.

On 10/15/2022 at 2:52 AM, Wandering_Mania said:

Exactly. As bad as the Fallout 4 story was, revolving around a macguffin. And how bad the Skyrim story was, basically ending up massive collateral damage because of dragon attacks. They where both avoidable. Once you got out of the Vault in FO4, you never had to give 2 squirts of piss about the macguffin. And in Skyrim you could just ignore the main quest entirely, and never activate the 'mass murderers'.

But with CP2077; The biggest mistake of all was made; By forcing on the player, an item that poses a sense of urgency, within the first act. And yeah I get it 'there are no happy endings' because it's a 'dark dystopian future'; But when every single ending, no matter what you do, pretty much ends up with V having 'no hope of surviving very long' (if at all); At that point it's like they where trying to make everyone depressed.

I mean these are supposed to be games that are an escape from reality. If I wanted to be depressed I'd just sit and stare at my normal boredom, and at the 'life' I'm not allowed (long story behind that, left out here).

Cyberpunk 2077's story's main saving grace is that is that it is still not quite the worst story for an open-world game based upon a pre-existing property.

It's story compares favorably to that of Batman: Arkham Knight, a story contingent upon 'the World's Greatest Detective' not checking the crime scene that his ward was supposedly killed at to confirm his death due to a misleading camera angle that the 'killing' was filmed from and a villain who is normally entirely a mental threat (in more than one sense of the word) dosing himself up on a toxic super-steroid to have a big dumb boss fight with the main character then dosing said main character with his blood which leads to that main character gradually mutating into a duplicate of that villain all while there is another urgent plot about psychotropic drugs being released into the city if the terrorist is not stopped in 12 hours (a scheme which itself is a distraction meant to lure the main character into a trap). Everything about it defies logic at every step.

At least Cyberpunk 2077's story can be explained in away that does not make the explainer sound as if they are reporting on a psychotic delusional episode that they heard about in an asylum (fitting in a sense, considering the Arkham series' starting point).

If the best part of a game's plot is that it is not as terrible as something else entirely, someone failed in their duty, something which is doubly bad for a development house praised for its story-telling. 

10 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

I blame SkyUI. Oh, wait, that can't be right... :classic_wacko:

Yeah, that ain't from Skyrim.

I also noticed that the driving controls are pretty much the same as before, despite all the "improvements" people have been talking about. Calls are still automatically answered with no option to reject them. And all this from a clean install, with the only mods added after it being 'Cyber Engine tweaks (latest version)', and 'RedScript (latest version)'.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

9 minutes ago, Wandering_Mania said:

Yeah, that ain't from Skyrim.

Obviously- my tongue-in-cheek response was intended as a joke. :classic_biggrin: If you read the SkyUI-SE Posts tab, you will see people blaming SkyUI for everything from world hunger to misinstallation of FNIS. I have heard that by this time next year, "Blame SkyUI" will have reached Trope status, almost up there with It Just Works™.

Or not :classic_tongue: . If your map image itself hadn't given away the fact that it wasn't a Skyrim map, the CDPR reference surely would have.

8 hours ago, Wandering_Mania said:

Because that's what the map looks like to me now. And if that wasn't bad enough it has a nice blinding flicker as well. I see CDPR never ceases to fail.

Apparently it's down to an NVidia graphics card driver update. You can roll back to the previous one while NVidia work out a fix.

8 minutes ago, DocClox said:

Apparently it's down to an NVidia graphics card driver update. You can roll back to the previous one while NVidia work out a fix.

Well that would make sense. I specifically got an RTX 3070 with this new rig, so I could try CP2077 at more than 20FPS. Then they banned me on the Steam hub for "fighting the good fight" as Silverhand would say; And now I run into this and couldn't even get any info about it because of that ban. Talk about hypocrisy, their own game talks about not being sedentary, and actually try to do something to make things better; And because I do just that, I get silenced. It's just typical.

2 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Obviously- my tongue-in-cheek response was intended as a joke. :classic_biggrin: If you read the SkyUI-SE Posts tab, you will see people blaming SkyUI for everything from world hunger to misinstallation of FNIS. I have heard that by this time next year, "Blame SkyUI" will have reached Trope status, almost up there with It Just Works™.

Or not :classic_tongue: . If your map image itself hadn't given away the fact that it wasn't a Skyrim map, the CDPR reference surely would have.

Yeah, I know. That was starting to happen back when I still played SkyrimLE. But after they added paid mods to FO4 I dropped playing both. In fact I dropped playing all Bethesda games just up until this MS buyout; Because I figured that MS might actually force them to do better.

1 hour ago, DocClox said:

On the bright side, there is a work around for your map issue. If that's something you want.

Yeah, I got a driver 2 versions back; Did a clean install of the driver, and it works fine now. Thanks for the tip by the way. I would have never suspected that's what it was. In fact, I thought it was some faulty install of Cyber engine tweaks or something.

1 hour ago, mircislav said:

CDPR forum currently is occupied with bots and eager moderators... if you post something that not include praising the game is redacted and really that kill the need to post anything there...

Except it was on the Steam hub that I got the ban. As I said a few pages back; It was over a PM in the "appeal" comments for a warning they gave me for simply pointing out the false equivalency that was made about the missing police chase system, and how one of the devs said "well Elden Ring don't have one...".

Basically making the "appeal" process that Steam "support" sends you to, because Steam don't do shit; A ban worthy offense now.

On 10/1/2022 at 12:25 AM, RitualClarity said:

Honestly, I hope they create a DLC where you can join a faction etc. and work from that and not have to have the main character. That would give a side of the game not experienced (more value) as well as an option to avoid that if they wanted to. That would be worth it IMO to play again (and perhaps again depending how well they fleshed that out) Think alternate start.

DEF this. I stopped playing the game because, no matter what, your character dies. It's funny - I used to tease my mom - she'd read the last few pages of a book to see if the ending was any good. If she didn't like the ending, she didn't buy the book. (Yeah, I'm old LOL).  Turns out that was a wise policy in the long run. This part isn't CDPR's fault, as they couldn't possibly have predicted or even timed it, but they drop a game on us in the middle of a pandemic , in which the central focus is death.

Checking Steam, I have 192 hours into the game, and last played 6.5 months ago (PC, not console). Doubt I'll go back. I really tried to like it, but... to me the underlying story is too morose.

44 minutes ago, Doc_Oc said:

Checking Steam, I have 192 hours into the game, and last played 6.5 months ago (PC, not console). Doubt I'll go back. I really tried to like it, but... to me the underlying story is too morose.

Yeah I was saying the same thing. Why not at least make one ending a happy ending. Or at least make a 'ending variation' for one. For instance:

If you rush the main story, and choose the 'Nomad Ending'; Why not have V survive? You allowed little time for the relic to do it's thing.

But that's the thing; CDPR didn't make an 'RPG' like they said they where doing. They made an 'Action Adventure' game. Linear game, linear story, and choices don't make a lick of difference, besides minor changes in how things play out. Choose one dialogue option, and it can unlock an entire 'hidden ending'. Don't choose it, and it's locked off no matter what. Side with party A or B, and it makes no difference, besides an easier/harder fight.

As I said before; They made the same mistake as EA did with Mass Effect 3, no matter what you do it don't matter. V dies, Sheppard dies.  And that has become the common trend with these types of games. They make they game they want, and no matter what people say it's 'their game', they argue; So they just start in with the silencing of people who have any other opinion.

Edited by Wandering_Mania
grammer mistakes
5 hours ago, Wandering_Mania said:

As I said before; They made the same mistake as EA did with Mass Effect 3, no matter what you do it don't matter. V dies, Sheppard dies.  And that has become the common trend with these types of games. They make they game they want, and no matter what people say it's 'their game', they argue; So they just start in with the silencing of people who have any other opinion.

In Metro Exodus, if you don't play like a 18th century puritan, your character dies in the end. The game was build like a shooter, but the developer only gives the happy ending if you play stealthy, which is almost impossible, due to the horrible stealth mechanics in the game. 
99% of users played it like a shooter, and the character died. So everybody assumed it was the end of the franchise. But later the developers backtracked and said the "canon" is the happy ending, where the character survives. Later I watched this ending in YouTube and was not impressed. In fact, the ending where Artyom dies, with the train to hell, is the better one, specially if we consider the graphics and gameplay were worse than Metro 1 and 2. Better to bury it already. 

Edited by Wolfstorm321
2 hours ago, CoolName 69 said:

Am i the onlyone who bought the game 2 days before the release after seing some leaks and stuff (which weren't that good), then proceeded to play the entire game on the release patch at day 1 (on PC), finished the entirety of what was possible to do in 90-100 hrs and wasn't disappointed (all things considered)..?

I got the game on day 1 of it's release (I don't pre-order no matter what); But I was more disappointed with the fact that it was severely misrepresented of what it is, or was going to be.

1. It's not 'next gen'. As it is missing so many things that past open world games have been doing for a long time.
  2. It was falsely advertised in a number of ways; Performance on older hardware, the genre of game, and so on.
  3. The entirety of the "When it's ready" slogan; And it was obvious it needed another year at least.
  4. The broken promises made about many things; The main one being the multiplayer aspect that they have now confirmed to to abandon.
  5. The game is in itself quite the slice of irony. I mean you got Silverhand preaching at you throughout the game 'how you shouldn't trust corporations'; But yet the game is in itself the reason not to trust CDPR because of it's broken nature.
  6. And then you have the fact that they are actively making it worse by banning people that attempt to bring up any of this on any forum that they control.

I mean it's like trying to teach a child that has no sense of touch, about why they shouldn't touch the burner on a stove. That kid can't feel any pain from getting burned, but they still get burned when they keep doing it.

CDPR refuses to learn from their mistakes, because they refuse to acknowledge that they made any in the first place.

Edited by Wandering_Mania
7 hours ago, Wandering_Mania said:

Yeah I was saying the same thing. Why not at least make one ending a happy ending. Or at least make a 'ending variation' for one. For instance:

If you rush the main story, and choose the 'Nomad Ending'; Why not have V survive? You allowed little time for the relic to do it's thing.

But that's the thing; CDPR didn't make an 'RPG' like they said they where doing. They made an 'Action Adventure' game. Linear game, linear story, and choices don't make a lick of difference, besides minor changes in how things play out. Choose one dialogue option, and it can unlock an entire 'hidden ending'. Don't choose it, and it's locked off no matter what. Side with party A or B, and it makes no difference, besides an easier/harder fight.

I was kinda surprised that V gets engram'd no matter what ending you choose, since Soulkiller is used to separate Johnny from V.

13 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Define "happy". ;)

That's the wrong type. While it may have a 'slang term' of happy ending; That's not the kind I was talking about.

Though I do appreciate the joke; As I can start to get in a 'loop of anger' sometimes, because of this crap that is being pulled by the gaming industry.

But the definition of what I meant would be simply that V don't be classified as 'morgue bait' in at least one version of some ending.

On 10/18/2022 at 3:44 PM, Doc_Oc said:

DEF this. I stopped playing the game because, no matter what, your character dies. It's funny - I used to tease my mom - she'd read the last few pages of a book to see if the ending was any good. If she didn't like the ending, she didn't buy the book. (Yeah, I'm old LOL).  Turns out that was a wise policy in the long run. This part isn't CDPR's fault, as they couldn't possibly have predicted or even timed it, but they drop a game on us in the middle of a pandemic , in which the central focus is death.

With the "DLC" being free. I am wondering if they will go the way of Bethesda's Fallout 3 and update the ending so that there is something you can do to save yourself. Perhaps even each option has a save option where you might even be able to play Johnny Silverhand ending and go back to the game for more play.

At least the game ending has more meaning depending on what you choose to do during the game and last choices. At least more than Bioware's last Mass Effect :P  that is.  CD Project red might be one of those companies that you have to let the game mature a couple of years before it becomes worth purchasing.  I loved Witcher 3 however, I got it well past the ending of the development / update cycle. It was polished as it would ever be. (for the most part.)  I didn't experience some of the troubles that early purchaser experienced. (from what I read) Witcher isn't even the type of game I go for. Which makes it even more amazing that I liked it.

2 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

With the "DLC" being free. I am wondering if they will go the way of Bethesda's Fallout 3 and update the ending so that there is something you can do to save yourself.

Wait a second... I thought the new 'Phantom Liberty' DLC was going to have a price-tag attached. At least that's what I heard was going to happen.

Are you saying it's going to be free?

And if so: Where did you hear that?

2 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

CD Project red might be one of those companies that you have to let the game mature a couple of years before it becomes worth purchasing.

Well that is in itself kind of a problem. Because you don't buy a product based on the fact that it might become better after it gets fixed. And a company should never sell a product that they know isn't even close to finished; With the exception of Early Access games that the purchaser knows what they are getting.

But 'fully released games' that are only half finished, are becoming more and more prevalent and that is in itself 'false advertising'. And it's illegal to do that in the US(probably other places as well) . But because of the way CDPR advertised with such aggression, when the game came out in the state that it did, it brought to the spotlight how these game companies are easily getting away with doing this over and over. Hence the lawsuits CDPR got hit with.

If companies are going to release a half finished game, fine, they can do just that. But that game better be classified as 'early access', and not as a 'full release'. There's a reason the differing terms exist. The misrepresentation of what the product actually consists of, and how they expect the consumer to know what they are getting with the massive amounts of PR 'hype spinning'; Backed by an overall faulty 'refund system', just pushes buyers into a state of being easily conned, and some having no way of requesting or receiving any kind of refund.

And people say that 'government regulation of the games industry would be a bad thing'? I say, that government regulation is the only way to save it. Because these companies are getting far out of hand, and starting to, more often than not, take advantage of the fact that they can get away with ripping people off at every given turn.