Games you are looking forward for release

As a member of the PC Master race I feel like a bum in an Armani suit standing on the curb near the youth center begging for Port crumbs.

At least Sony has decided to be a bit kinder lately. I enjoyed both Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone well enough. Just have to sit back and see where the industry is going, because right now the direction isn't the same as the one I travel.

2 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

System Shock Remake. Assuming it's real. As much as I want this game, I don't have high hopes. It was seemingly cancelled before and IDK if Steam hasn't removed the listing or it's actually going to happen. Release date is "Summer 2021" so we'll see.

Oh man, this is for such a long time on my wishlist on Steam. I think it may not ever be released. I think its there for 2 years now.

Just found out that they offer a demo which i download right now.

So its going to be released. Yeah...

Edited by wutpickel
39 minutes ago, Tali Redmint said:

Dishonored 3

You mean DeathLoop ? Iirc Dishonored is over since Doto's ending. Not that I wouldn't want another round of it

43 minutes ago, CyanBunnye said:

You mean DeathLoop ? Iirc Dishonored is over since Doto's ending. Not that I wouldn't want another round of it

it really looks like disonored, even the same powers. I'd take it.

Even tho I like the choice to go without powers, or at least, supernatural powers.

On 7/19/2021 at 5:23 AM, CPU said:

Horizon Forbidden West.

I still paid for Bloodlines 2, without getting the money back yet. And looks like it is cancelled for good, so I may just gram another game with the same money.

What?????    That was one I was going to list.   Even though i knew it was unlikely to follow in the tradition of the previous VTM:R and VTM:B. 

GTA VI or another Rock star game.   

4 hours ago, trstngllrdo said:

Geoff Keighley said on twitter : Dead Space is returning  :love:

E66zqFXVEAEJAwo?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I know there's a lot of remakes but this one's worth mentioning. Really hyped by this announcement that one of my favorite 3rd person shooter survival horror game will be back!

I probably will rebuy a XBox 360 for just playing some games like this. This seems like a great idea since they redo everything, meaning no original assets.

After RE, this is one of my favorite franchise.

1 hour ago, wutpickel said:

I probably will rebuy a XBox 360 for just playing some games like this. This seems like a great idea since they redo everything, meaning no original assets.

After RE, this is one of my favorite franchise.

Yeah good idea might be some stocks out there. Twas glad I kept mine with love and care along with my games. But you know I just hope they'll just redo the first one or titles that deserves a remake of graphics or the whole game itself and then moved into the next title so that the story goes on and try not to get stuck doing title remakes.

1 hour ago, trstngllrdo said:

Yeah good idea might be some stocks out there. Twas glad I kept mine with love and care along with my games. But you know I just hope they'll just redo the first one or titles that deserves a remake of graphics or the whole game itself and then moved into the next title so that the story goes on and try not to get stuck doing title remakes.

Consoles. I had the strange idea to sell them. In hindsight, this was a bad move. Sure i got some money, but it was not worth it. I just checked yesterday for a game i had and have on Steam. Premonition. This runs for $60 Dollars on Ebay. wtf. Err. That was for my PS3.

So yes, i will try to recover some i sold. For nostalgic reasons but also i actually enjoyed playing them.

Anyway, i am genuinely exited for that remake as i was really enjoying playing Dead Space. Just the beginning was so cool. And Kendra. Nice. The atmosphere and the overall feel of the games was just great. I know some disliked the follow ups, though i actually thought that even DS3 was great. 

9 hours ago, wutpickel said:

Consoles. I had the strange idea to sell them. In hindsight, this was a bad move. Sure i got some money, but it was not worth it. I just checked yesterday for a game i had and have on Steam. Premonition. This runs for $60 Dollars on Ebay. wtf. Err. That was for my PS3.

So yes, i will try to recover some i sold. For nostalgic reasons but also i actually enjoyed playing them.

Anyway, i am genuinely exited for that remake as i was really enjoying playing Dead Space. Just the beginning was so cool. And Kendra. Nice. The atmosphere and the overall feel of the games was just great. I know some disliked the follow ups, though i actually thought that even DS3 was great. 

That's great and Indeed right? I'm so hyped more than what I've expected. Nostalgic experience is so an exquisite feeling.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking forward to BG3 but the more I see of it the less I see of AD&D. It looks to me that when it finally comes out it will be a dumbed-down, gimmicky, schoolboy humour* filled waste of time.

*Larian wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes at my school with that standard of humour.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to the Diablo 2 remaster from Jizzard..  I mean Blizzard. I've always liked that game since a friend turned me onto it.. a while back, and what I've seen so far looks very promising.

I just hope all of the recent stuff there doesn't get the game canceled.

I was also looking forward to the release of Diablo 4 but now I'm not so sure about that as one of the project leads has left as I understand things..

Of course I'm also kind of interested in Star Field, the E3 trailer made that look good and I'm definitely looking forward to TES 6.

On 7/24/2021 at 12:44 AM, trstngllrdo said:

Nostalgic experience is so an exquisite feeling.

Yes. But as a PC user - trying to get old DOS/Win98/etc games to work and then realize there's a reason you haven't been playing them regularly for a reason makes me happy I can go to YouTube, and find a let's play. I tend to be more 'nostalgic' though about games I played on the Commodore 64.

> I wish there was something I was looking forward to, but it seems we are in a strange place now. Like Hollywood - reboots, sequels, seem to be rampant. Add to this many companies want to be Steam with sales exclusive to their platform, always online, and with talk of 'services' which one must subscribe to like the old MMO's of yore (which all went free - go figure) means 'No, there's nothing at the moment that I'm looking forward to'.

Flight Sims are a mess. Space games are still figuring out what to do. The Sims series is a mess. Bethesda hasn't made anything new in a long time. Ubisoft wants to go service. EA wants to go service. CDPR is now the redheaded step child. If I followed the industry like some kind of sheep, I might be happy with anything they throw at me, but I've been gaming since Pong - so I'm kinda set in my ways.

I have a decent backlog on Steam and still continue to play games that have thousands of Mods. So I'll just sit back and watch to see WTF will happen in the near future.

21 hours ago, landess said:

Yes. But as a PC user - trying to get old DOS/Win98/etc games to work and then realize there's a reason you haven't been playing them regularly for a reason makes me happy I can go to YouTube, and find a let's play. I tend to be more 'nostalgic' though about games I played on the Commodore 64.

Looks at my mancave computers (Win 7/Linux dual boot on one, XP/98se on the other.)....yeah, heh, I can relate. LOL. Not trying to flex, I just never throw old hardware away so I tend to keep a couple legacy systems running.

Screenshot_1.png