Games you are looking forward for release

I am just curious what everyone is anticipating on games that will be released in the future.

There are a lot of releases and some are ok, some maybe hyped, others maybe that game you want to really play.

Anyway, since i am with a PC that has a outdated gfx card, i consider to get a console for that.

The game i am looking for is from the maker of Dead Space.

Callisto Project

This looks pretty cool.

Not sure if i should get excited about Bethesda games really. Though the space rpg raised some hopes for me to see something really different.

But i loved Dead Space, so i am looking for that one.

Hopefully lots of members will share their games they are looking forward to. Maybe there are games i did not hear about. :)

Cheers.

Really looking forward to:

1) Forza Horizon 5. Looks like they're going all out with this one and really giving the next gen beef-up Forza deserves. The trailer and demo looked fucking awesome! Can't wait till november! That volcano shot was sick!

Spoiler

2) Starfield. Not much is shown as of yet, Bethesda is playing close to the chest still and likely won't show anything until late '21 or early-mid '22 but i'm still excited to see what a brand new Bethesda IP looks like, i'm cautiously optimistic. From what i have seen so far, it looks like a great concept regardless.

Spoiler

3) Saints Row 5. They're really playing close to the chest on this one but it's anticipated to be huge. We still don't know what the story is going to be, from what point they're going to continue on and the fanbase is very much divided on what the next big Saints Row sequel should be but whatever they're planning i'm down for it, it's about time us fans got another Saints Row game. Disappointed that they'll not make any announcements this year but hey, that's life. And they better fucking bring back Viola! Please, i need my cold waifu back lol.

3 minutes ago, Scrab said:

Youre very optimistic with that late 21st century guess there

Well i figured since they're releasing it november next year there's a chance they might show something around december this year, i kept the margin wide really.

Interesting..

Me I'm looking forward to:

Dying Light 2 I've been waiting for the sequel of the first DL and now we have it.

Battlefield 2042 well it's one of the most anticipated games right? with fun MP and all.

Back 4 Blood finally a new game after a long wait to the creators of L4D, got tired of L4D2 so it's really good that they finally show their new created game with fun and badass characters in it. 

Far Cry 6 Far Cry series are probably one of the best single player games I've ever played with such a great story.

and lastly..

Halo Infinite So yeah we all know that we've been waiting for the next Chapter of Reclaimer Saga in Halo Series and here we are 343 showed us the trailer and it's gameplay. I'm also really excited on it's new features in the customization in armory plus the new Samurai armor that they've showed on the gameplay trailer (but I wish it was the Hayabusa Armor)

I would say Freedom Planet 2 but that is assuming that it will ever come out. The same goes for The Adventures of Kincaid and Oh So Hero, games which I have donated money towards the development of. 

Of the games which have a more-or-less guaranteed (insofar as anything is guaranteed in this life)release schedule, I will say Tales of Arise. I had been meaning to get back into that series since Tales of Berseria but I simply have not done so. The cast of characters looks to be a likable enough lot to draw me into to their tale. I can only hope that said tale can arise to the challenge of keeping me entertained. 

5 hours ago, Vader666 said:

I'm somewhat interested in Elden Ring

However i wasn't very lucky with my "i liked DS so this might be cool too" games in the past... so we'll see.

Same, though the open world aspect is preventing any hype for it

I'd give you the usual speech howdidyounotlikeSekirohowdudeHowThegamepicksupafterGenichiropleasegiveitarealtry but it's probably annoying

Same for Ds2

I kinda want to try The forgotten city, never played the original ...mod(?), quite like mysteries/investigations

2 hours ago, CyanBunnye said:

the open world aspect is preventing any hype for it

I think that's the interesting part of it.

However a lot of open worlds have been fucked up so...

2 hours ago, CyanBunnye said:

afterGenichiro

<exaggerate>Well they shouldn't hide 70% of the game behind an impossible bossfight </exaggerate>

27 minutes ago, Vader666 said:

However a lot of open worlds have been fucked up so...

Yep exactly, open world is kind of the new made in china, i'm gonna think twice before buying.

I'm also thinking how all their games had fps drops issues, and what will it be in an open world config. But so far they didn't disappoint on gameplay and lore

31 minutes ago, Vader666 said:

<exaggerate>Well they shouldn't hide 70% of the game behind an impossible bossfight </exaggerate>

Eh i'd say pick it up again when you feel like it, no good comes out of forcing yourself into playing a game

But imo it delivers the same feelings you get from a DS, intense boss fights, stories & world building that makes you so curious you start to draw lore theories in your head, and the bittersweet ending "i'm sad it's over but fuck yes" and blablabla challenge blablabla vaatividya ?alright enough of me

Horizon Forbidden West.

I still paid for Bloodlines 2, without getting the money back yet. And looks like it is cancelled for good, so I may just gram another game with the same money.

Based on my last purchases it doesn't matter what or how much I look forward to. CDPR didn't deliver a lot of their promises with CP77 and Capcom botched R3make to shoehorn a sad attempt at the asymmetrical multiplayer scene but at least MHRise was pretty good though not really worth the whole price tag until the next major update next year. I don't bother checking what's coming up anymore I just see new games showing up in our local game store.

The Witcher 4 without a doubt. Hope Ciri and her abilities is the focus with at least cameos from most of the cast of TW3. Oh... and they release full mod support tools this time. Long ways off and it hasn't been announced, I know. But I'm sure CDPR will continue with the successful ip.

Yennefer 1080P, 2K, 4K, 5K HD wallpapers free download | Wallpaper Flare

14 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

The Witcher 4

They're making another witcher game? Lol i thought it was just based on some book from poland, so are they adapting more from those books or just making their own shit?

Witcher 2077: Teleporting Guards Edition, get unlocked water collision for $77.77 on preorders now!

Edited by Mr. Otaku
Ninja Edit: A Typo
4 hours ago, Mr. Otaku said:

They're making another witcher game? Lol i thought it was just based on some book from poland, so are they adapting more from those books or just making their own shit?

Don't know, don't care so long as I get more Witcher and Ciri. Plenty of material to work with for many more games in the series and they'd really have to try to fuck things up it was so good imo. Kind of looking forward to the games you mentioned. Forza is one of the best racing sims out there and Saints Row has always been fun. :smile:

Edited by KoolHndLuke
15 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Don't know, don't care so long as I get more Witcher and Ciri. Plenty of material to work with for many more games in the series and they'd really have to try to fuck things up it was so good imo. Kind of looking forward to the games you mentioned. Forza is one of the best racing sims out there and Saints Row has always been fun. :smile:

I was reading that Witcher games have a lot of content. Like way to much. Is that true? I think especially the last title.

Have Witcher 1 (which i did not even really touched). So will look into that one. Sometime. 

58 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I see. Welp, i was never really into Witcher games and barely played any of them so i don't care if they make more or how they turn out if they do. The Cyberpunk drama was hilarious enough for me.

Just wanna say though, Forza is not a sim lol, at best it's a simcade (arcade + sim) but not a sim. Assetto Corsa and rFactor are sims and the difference is night and day. And yeah Saints Row is super fun but the franchise has suffered a lot due to various reasons. Hopefully with 5 they can revive it or else this will kill the whole franchise for good.

Edited by Mr. Otaku
Ninja Edit Skills 10+

Baldur's Gate 3 (the only game I've bought Early Access, and it has the potential to be one of my favorite RPGs of all time. But who really knows?)

That's the only one I can think of that I'm actively looking forward to. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on Starfield, but it won't be a day-one buy for me. And if CDPR does another Witcher-based game, same thing. Oh, and Dragon Age 4.

I'm not into a wide variety of games....