Games you are looking forward for release

• 2 weeks later...

Games you are looking forward for release

That's easy: Starfield!!! And Elden Ring as a very close second lol...

EDIT: Although given the track record of many games these days, I'm not preordering any of them. Hell, I'm not even buying them on day 1 since the obligatory "day 1 patch" has to drop first anyway.

Edited by HentaiGnome

Games I'm looking forward to?

Easy one. Nothing, zip, nada... they all get caught up in the braces of the accountants and investors,

Games that have promise for many of us tend to get sidetracked into pleasing the casual gamer, thus selling more copies to more folks who are only really interested in a couple of weeks playing to "beat the game" and move on, leaving the stalwarts of whatever the series with games that need fixing before they can be 'lifed' (is that a word?)

I've looked forward to many games in the past and recently (one or two decades) I've been disappointed by every single one, yes, I know, it's my expectations that are at fault but that's who I am.

I can't help being annoyed that the Blacksmith in Whiterun asks me the same thing 'e v e r y  s i n g l e  t i m e' I'm standing near her, because it was only tested to see if it worked, I can't help being pissed at the gates of Riften by the guard that tries to roll me for a few quid with no way to even the score, or that others troll me with no recourse, and that the biggest City in the whole of Skyrim has a population that could fit in my lounge,

I can't help being peeved that Braben and co decided to release Elite Dangerous as an 'on-line' only game (I hate other people) when it was painted in Kickstarter to have an off-line option, and instead of developing the 'placeholder' system scanner (that was there for 4 years) they decided that a 'whack-a-mole' mini game would suit new players better along with throwing credits at players to encourage them to explore, or that the recent release was to turn the game into an FPS... ("hey, tell us what you want and we'll fire it in for a fee...  anything guys")

I'm disappointed that Bethesda had the audacity to rehash Skyrim in so many releases to grind more sales for a decade before telling us that ES6 won't be for a good while yet and "fans" would have to wait patiently for it!

I'm disappointed that so much potential has gone to waste because of 'investors' I know, I know, investors make stuff possible, but they have no soul and no hearts, they have no love for anything except profit, and you don't get profit from doing a job properly when it can be sold for the same price incomplete.

So Gran Turismo 7    on-line requirement (when they turn the servers off you can't play anymore)

: Elder Scrolls 6      maybe, but Beth have a habit of fukkin it up and relying on modders to sort out the bugs.

: GT Legends 2      Nah, that ain't never gonna happen, nice dream though.

I got one,?

Traveller (Mark W Miller)... Now I'd pay a buck for that! (have to be first person though)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Currently, only Rune Factory 5, which is coming overseas in May.

After the crossplay fiasco in Battlefield 2042(too PC focused), I've decided not to show hope for anything else multiplayer, even though R6 Extraction is pretty good.

8th generation hasn't ended yet, we are in a transition year, even though PC games are more power hungry with each release.

Maybe also a 6th Fatal Frame game, the new Splinter Cell that has been announced, etc.

In regards to KOTOR remake, I don't put up hope, since it's out of its studio's hands now.

Another thing I avoid is Steam-only PC games, which happen to LOTS of console to PC ports. I buy on GOG and other DRM-less/issue-less stores when I can.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What I am most looking forward to at the moment is the patch for Elden Ring which will fix the game's faulty culling so I can actually play online and see human sized enemies at the same time without having to switch over to a liquid cooling solution just yet. A few user created file edits fix this problem by changing a line of code but Easy Anti Cheat detects the edited line and takes the thing offline.

The choice is between seeing enemies or seeing hilariously misleading messages in the environment, an unfair choice to be sure.

Just been watching some playthroughs and whatnot for Elden Ring and I can't say I'm impressed. Looks like a glorified platform game to me. Somersaulting your way through the world killing everything you come across would get very boring very quickly.

The new DLC for Solasta is due out later this week and I'm looking forward to that. I'm currently playing a Solasta mod, Ode To Yendor, just to re-familiarise myself with Solasta's mechanics etc.

Solasta mods consist of a single json file. ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 12:50 PM, Chloe on Chlorophorm said:

Cant wait for Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga owo

I recently saw a trailer for it and I will buying it once it's on sale at a reasonable price.  Looks like a load of fun.

1 hour ago, beefers said:

Cant wait for Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga owo

Yeah, I'm expecting a good or at least decent LEGO experience out of it. ?

Probably a better game than they are movies in my opinion, at least the typical LEGO goofiness covers for the stupidity of a bunch of things the movies got wrong. ?

Edited by Idyll
On 5/3/2022 at 1:21 PM, Idyll said:

Yeah, I'm expecting a good or at least decent LEGO experience out of it. ?

Probably a better game than they are movies in my opinion, at least the typical LEGO goofiness covers for the stupidity of a bunch of things the movies got wrong. ?

I agree.  In fact, it's the only way in which the prequels/sequels are anything but awful.  I really only recognize the OT and Rogue One, which I thought was great.

The Diablo 2 remaster was pretty good (or at least what I've played so far), unfortunately my interest in that game has apparently waned over the years.

(For context I had posted earlier that I had been looking forward to its release)

I'm kind of looking forward to the release of Starfield and TES 6, though just recently I noticed what appears to be a game in development called SCORN, and for anyone who is a fan of the artwork of H.R. Giger I would definitely recommend checking out what is out there so far.

Edited by Z0mBieP00Nani
  • 2 weeks later...