Games you are looking forward for release

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2021 at 3:04 PM, HighwayDio said:

Allot of my hype and interest for triple A titles has died along the years with poor releases, Cyberpunk ended allot of hope for big titles I had.

The only games I'm looking forward towards is Hollow Knight Silksong, Crowsworn, and Elden Ring.

Yeah. 

5 years ago I was looking forward for Elders Scrolls 6, but given Bethesda's track record in declining quality and AAA studios just don't giving a shit anymore, when they release it in 2050 I expect it to have just better graphics than Skyrim but nothing behind those smoke curtains. 

14 hours ago, Papitas said:

Yeah. 

5 years ago I was looking forward for Elders Scrolls 6, but given Bethesda's track record in declining quality and AAA studios just don't giving a shit anymore, when they release it in 2050 I expect it to have just better graphics than Skyrim but nothing behind those smoke curtains. 

Honestly I've given up hope for Elder Scrolls 6 being a thing. They've realized just how much blood they can wring out of Skyrim and I fully expect the next part of the Elder Scrolls story to instead take place in a live service such as Elder Scrolls Online. I think they would have gotten it out faster if everyone hadn't toted Skyrim out to be the absolute best thing in the world since jam on toast upon release, only to realize a year or so later that, well, actually the game is fairly empty and imbalanced without mods, and even then the storylines are absolute garbage. The main quest is completely fine, but the major sidequests really start to fall apart. You can become the Archmage of an ancient college of mages without ever casting a spell, and the teachers are all absolute morons. The thieves guild has a lot more murder than it does thieving, and even then, your reward for getting to the top isn't any more riches than you probably would get up to that point of the game simply dungeon crawling. The Dark Brotherhood is pretty cool I'll admit, I'll give that one a pass.

And who in the hell has even done the Bard's College questline?

More or less completely lost any interest, faith or hope in games. I only play RPG (fantasy) and RTS (quasi-historical).

Games seldom, if ever, work properly on release and that has been the case for the last two decades. Now everything is dumbed down to suit the moronic konsole kiddies who have the attention span of gnats and the intelligence of a dead lettuce.

I'm currently playing the Dragon Age series back-to-back. I'm on DA: Inquisition and the dumbing down between BG/BG2/IWD/IWD2 and the DA series is huge. Even the dumbing down between DA: Origins (2011) and Inquisition (2014) is unmissable.

I'll grant that all the DA titles are better than Skyrim in virtually every department.

24 minutes ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

In this age of sequels, remasters, rehashes, DRM, paywalls and patches: the future of AAA gaming is looking pretty bleak.  I can't think of a single game I'm looking forward to right now because of said reasons.

I feel the same. 

There are not many games i would like to waste my time with.

I think what i am looking for is the rehash of Dead Space. But for most of the time, its not exciting anymore.

I started of with games like Impossible Mission and i have to say, titles like that were great. 

Recently i played RE7. Though this is a AAA title, i had the feeling that it was quiet easy. Sadly, the crowd does not like challenges anymore. A title like RE1 would not have a success.

So i am not sure, if the problem lies with us consumers or only by the developers and publishers.

1 hour ago, wutpickel said:

Recently i played RE7. Though this is a AAA title, i had the feeling that it was quiet easy. Sadly, the crowd does not like challenges anymore. A title like RE1 would not have a success.

Try Tormented Souls for your challenging survival-horror needs. Imagine if original Resident Evil and Silent Hill had a love child together.

20 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Try Tormented Souls for your challenging survival-horror needs. Imagine if original Resident Evil and Silent Hill had a love child together.

Thanks for the tip. Seems like a Steam only game. I will mark it for the future. I like challenges. :)

2 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

In this age of sequels, remasters, rehashes, DRM, paywalls and patches: the future of AAA gaming is looking pretty bleak.  I can't think of a single game I'm looking forward to right now because of said reasons.

That's why I prefer Indie titles now, allot of them aren't the best but there are gems that can be found, like Terraria and Hollow Knight, or Dead Cells. I don't mind Remasters as long as its a faithful one and only to port to the next generation, and as along as its not a demaster like Dark Souls 1.

5 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Dragon's Dogma 2. So long as they keep the same combat system and enemy diversity with expansions to both. Oh.. and a much larger world to explore. More skimpy outfits for my pc and pawns? Might be pushing it... :classic_tongue:

Ah, an answer I can actually relate to. I love Dragon's Dogma. If they can cut out some of the jank it'd be a 10/10 for me.

2 minutes ago, HighwayDio said:

That's why I prefer Indie titles now, allot of them aren't the best but there are gems that can be found, like Terraria and Hollow Knight, or Dead Cells. I don't mind Remasters as long as its a faithful one and only to port to the next generation, and as along as its not a demaster like Dark Souls 1.

Dead Cells is one of my favorite games ever, even if I've steadily gotten impatient with it and, therefore, bad at it once I switched from Switch to PC. That said still crazy amounts of fun (currently on 2BC, 5 for Switch). I admire the commitment of the devs to improve the game so much. It's basically a completely different game from its 1.0 release.

On 9/8/2021 at 6:08 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

Dragon's Dogma 2. So long as they keep the same combat system and enemy diversity with expansions to both. Oh.. and a much larger world to explore. More skimpy outfits for my pc and pawns? Might be pushing it... :classic_tongue:

I'd second this if it wasn't about 12 zillion years away from an actual release. It's been something I've wanted since before I even finished the first.

1 hour ago, beefers said:

Apparently KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic) is getting a remake.  If true, I'm very excited.

Looking like it could go the way of a FNV, but too hard to tell this early on. The fact that EA is not in the picture and Bioware's involvement would be limited at best gives it some promise imo. But honestly the chances of them getting it 'right' are very slim regardless.

19 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Looking like it could go the way of a FNV, but too hard to tell this early on. The fact that EA is not in the picture and Bioware's involvement would be limited at best gives it some promise imo. But honestly the chances of them getting it 'right' are very slim regardless.

that's how I feel about the Dead Space remake, as the original dev team has really nothing to do with it and the original is a masterpiece.  I would be fine if all they did was a graphical upgrade and left the game otherwise the same.