Games you are looking forward for release

1 hour ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

You can cope with your intolerance as much as you want.

I don't understand that sentence at all but thanks for the permission anyway.

Statement - "I don't like the graphics".

Opinion - "I don't like the graphics because they are too bright/too dark, too realistic/not realistic enough".

See @woodsman30's post above. If he had just posted "I am not looking forward to any game at the moment", that would be a statement. The first two sentences make the post an opinion.

9 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Not really and you didn't post an opinion, just a statement.

8 hours ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

I did post a opinion. Period. 

You can cope with your intolerance as much as you want. It will not change my opinion. 

7 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

Tough question as I see very little to none that are True RPG. It seems as @Grey Cloud said the dumbing  down of games for the masses is a thing. So I guess sadly I am not looking forward to any game at the moment.

6 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I don't understand that sentence at all but thanks for the permission anyway.

Statement - "I don't like the graphics".

Opinion - "I don't like the graphics because they are too bright/too dark, too realistic/not realistic enough".

See @woodsman30's post above. If he had just posted "I am not looking forward to any game at the moment", that would be a statement. The first two sentences make the post an opinion.

Picard Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by stingray1995
12 hours ago, stingray1995 said:

Picard Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Those who feel "I possess Truth"—how many possessions would they not abandon to save this feeling. What would they not throw overboard to stay "on top"—which means, above the others who lack "the Truth."

Not sure why you would ball me up in this but, truth is still an opinion and a fallacy based in belief.  Perhaps you did not understand the OP question and perhaps you do not understand you own words.

2 minutes ago, woodsman30 said:

truth is still an opinion and a fallacy based in belief.  Perhaps you did not understand the OP question and perhaps you do not understand you own words.

Do you understand you own words?  Do we understand anything?  Truth has already been stood on its head when the obvious attorney of mere emptiness is mistaken for its representative.

On 8/24/2021 at 1:04 PM, HighwayDio said:

Allot of my hype and interest for triple A titles has died along the years with poor releases, Cyberpunk ended allot of hope for big titles I had.

In a lot of ways, I agree.  I happen to think that gaming peaked in the Xbox 360 era as there were so many great innovations and superb titles during that time.  I've seen no major advances other than graphics since then and in some ways, gaming has regressed since a lot of gamers have the attention spans of squirrels on meth.

Breath of the Wild is the last truly great game I've played, otherwise it's simply more of the same.  Thank the universe for the modding community!

1 hour ago, beefers said:

In a lot of ways, I agree.  I happen to think that gaming peaked in the Xbox 360 era as there were so many great innovations and superb titles during that time.  I've seen no major advances other than graphics since then and in some ways, gaming has regressed since a lot of gamers have the attention spans of squirrels on meth.

Breath of the Wild is the last truly great game I've played, otherwise it's simply more of the same.  Thank the universe for the modding community!

That's why I've looked towards Indie titles, you know not to expect much from them. And there some great gems out there too, like Terraria and Hollow Knight. At this point I think its better to just keep a game updated and going, rather then release what is essentially a DLC made into a whole new game.

Like Call of Duty for example, each one is basically the same as the last, with the only difference being that it has a new skin to it, like a resource pack for Minecraft. Any actual new content could easily be added as a free DLC or update, sorta like what Terraria or Minecraft does.

20 hours ago, HighwayDio said:

That's why I've looked towards Indie titles, you know not to expect much from them. And there some great gems out there too, like Terraria and Hollow Knight. At this point I think its better to just keep a game updated and going, rather then release what is essentially a DLC made into a whole new game.

Like Call of Duty for example, each one is basically the same as the last, with the only difference being that it has a new skin to it, like a resource pack for Minecraft. Any actual new content could easily be added as a free DLC or update, sorta like what Terraria or Minecraft does.

Even though I play on Xbox One, mods have given Fallout 4 new life for me and I could never go back to playing the original version again.  It does result in performance issues at times (freezing and shut downs) but it's WAY better than not having them.  I wish more games would support modding on console.

10 hours ago, beefers said:

Even though I play on Xbox One, mods have given Fallout 4 new life for me and I could never go back to playing the original version again.  It does result in performance issues at times (freezing and shut downs) but it's WAY better than not having them.  I wish more games would support modding on console.

Problem is gave developers and studios do not want you to still be playing old games years later, what they want is you to buy the latest game now, play for maybe 6-12 months, or as little time as possible then go out and buy their new game, which will without doubt be worse game play but look way better.

2 hours ago, Varithina said:

Problem is gave developers and studios do not want you to still be playing old games years later, what they want is you to buy the latest game now, play for maybe 6-12 months, or as little time as possible then go out and buy their new game, which will without doubt be worse game play but look way better.

As well as buy the latest, greatest, 'next-gen' console as soon as they can crank one out.

9 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

As well as buy the latest, greatest, 'next-gen' console as soon as they can crank one out.

which is why I haven't purchased a new console since the N64 that I received for Christmas 1996.  I always wait about a year after release to give them enough time to work out all the issues that inevitably arise and to allow the price to come down.

2 hours ago, JyJyporridge said:

TES 6 ?

Considering the only thing that I am aware of that deals with that was the what,  two or three minute long flyover of some mountains, posted last year or the year before I am not holding my breath about even getting the game.

Edited by Varithina
20 hours ago, Varithina said:

Considering the only thing that I am aware of that deals with that was the what,  two or three minute long flyover of some mountains, posted last year or the year before I am not holding my breath about even getting the game.

Yeah... Already 10 years and ... nothing... so if we're lucky, imo we'll get the game in, at least ~2025 ?

On 9/16/2021 at 1:26 PM, Grey Cloud said:

But you still buy it.

uhhhhh.... not sure how I would play it without buying it.  I bought my Xbox One a year after launch for $200 with 4 games I wouldn't play, which I traded in for almost $100.  That's a pretty good deal however you slice it.  I will end up getting an Xbox Series S or X or whatever when I feel I can get an appropriate deal because I have an extensive library of 360 and Xbox One games that are still great and there will be at least some games that are worth playing coming up.

Edited by beefers
  • 1 month later...

What I have been seeing of Elden Ring actually has me anticipating it to some extent. Hearing about it from people who have actually played it and watching gameplay non-curated videos rather than via marketing schpiel or influencer advertisement is what convinced me to give it a chance.

Spoiler

Spoiler