Cyberpunk 2077 Mod Creation Thread

8 hours ago, The Butler said:

If you mean a "Director's Cut" version.
In this specific game it has a potential to be good.

CDPR has some history of releasing Director's cut of a game a few years after release so i won't loose hope

I was thinking of Skyrim's "Cutting Room Floor" or San Andreas "Hot Coffee" mods revealing the hidden content in the game,brought out sooner by the modders

11 hours ago, squares said:

Don't think any amount of adult mods will save this wreck. The Night City stunning visuals and decent story is all it has. 

And said 'story'/quest design/screenplay oversees one of the strongest-written open-world games this generation, stop drop and roll. On the other hand, it can also be corny and juvenile and full of cookie cutter archetypes that are more groan-worthy than convincing. It's a contradiction, but the positives are so smashing that they ultimately outweigh the bad, bugs and all. It's CDPR's best work, after Witcher 2.

...the one issue it'll have down the road: replayability. This is funnily linear, in its way. There's a lot of choice and gravitas dedicated to how you approach characters and situations, and the seams are remarkably well hidden, but it's far from a self-evolving, constantly branching tree of story. It's a league beyond GTAV, but still has more in common with something like that than, say, an Obsidian RPG, despite suggesting otherwise. Again, a microcosmic example is in the lack of customization options for your chara -- not even a haircut, in a world where you can literally attach a dick to your vagina. Also, no genuinely ramifying differences between V's three backstory selections -- he/she pretty much retains their spunky, tough-cookie persona with the same voice acted lines regardless. (At least so far, from where I'm at.) Yeah, they're characterized a little differently, and their relationships with other NPCs change, but will there really be enough there to merit a fourth or fifth playthrough purely on that basis when every other element will remain relatively un-altered? Gameplay can be fun when given the right scenario, but traversal is at times stiff and physics is especially out of whack, and this is unfortunately no Dishonored. 

The presentation is still dazzling and the detail more or less consummate; its intelligence, both technically and emotionally, is, in the end, the winning ingredient to an overall sui generis dish that has the kind of novelty you may have a hard time experiencing twice, but will never forget tasting for the first time.

Anyway.

Aka, long story short, tldr; modding, adult or otherwise, the stage is yours to breathe some sustenance into the punk. :P

On 12/14/2020 at 6:56 AM, Darkening Demise said:

A mod where we can bang anyone would be great. The animations are there. The nudity is there. We just need a script that has a hotkey assigned and depending on the actors involved which animations can play. That way we can finally have more sex options. The default are a fucking joke they bragged about mocap animations and all the options we would have and that depending on character body, genitals, and voice would determine who we could bang. Basically was all lies. We got nothing, its Mass Effect 1/Dragon Age 2/The Witcher 2 lackluster options here! One gay, one lesbian, one bi woman, one straight woman, one straight dude, and 2 ONLY 2 prostitutes in Japan Town that are bi and both genders. WTF CDPR?!

The game does feel butchered too, like there was supposed to be more. Guess during development they butchered the game because hardly anyone completed TW3 on PS4 according to them. The lifepaths suck too, they don't do anything and are over in 5 minutes or less. The montage video afterwards was bullshit as well! That was clearly gameplay cut and made into a prerendered video. I just want more from this lackluster piece of over hyped overrated shit! Modding is the only thing that's going to make me stay. I'm never preordering from anyone ever again for sure. #LifeLessons

It was chopped due to Sony's stance on adult material.  Shame.

3 hours ago, Nardy said:

And said 'story'/quest design/screenplay oversees one of the strongest-written open-world games this generation, stop drop and roll. On the other hand, it can also be corny and juvenile and full of cookie cutter archetypes that are more groan-worthy than convincing. It's a contradiction, but the positives are so smashing that they ultimately outweigh the bad, bugs and all. It's CDPR's best work, after Witcher 2.

...the one issue it'll have down the road: replayability. This is funnily linear, in its way. There's a lot of choice and gravitas dedicated to how you approach characters and situations, and the seams are remarkably well hidden, but it's far from a self-evolving, constantly branching tree of story. It's a league beyond GTAV, but still has more in common with something like that than, say, an Obsidian RPG, despite suggesting otherwise. Again, a microcosmic example is in the lack of customization options for your chara -- not even a haircut, in a world where you can literally attach a dick to your vagina. Also, no genuinely ramifying differences between V's three backstory selections -- he/she pretty much retains their spunky, tough-cookie persona with the same voice acted lines regardless. (At least so far, from where I'm at.) Yeah, they're characterized a little differently, and their relationships with other NPCs change, but will there really be enough there to merit a fourth or fifth playthrough purely on that basis when every other element will remain relatively un-altered? Gameplay can be fun when given the right scenario, but traversal is at times stiff and physics is especially out of whack, and this is unfortunately no Dishonored. 

The presentation is still dazzling and the detail more or less consummate; its intelligence, both technically and emotionally, is, in the end, the winning ingredient to an overall sui generis dish that has the kind of novelty you may have a hard time experiencing twice, but will never forget tasting for the first time.

Anyway.

Aka, long story short, tldr; modding, adult or otherwise, the stage is yours to breathe some sustenance into the punk. :P

Plus a thing that bothers me a little is that its voice acted and that removes all chance of the character being anything yo want. Falout4 was the same. The moment your game character ha an actual game voice , you find you can only really be that person. Much like Geralt. Where as Skyrim doesnt. what ever you design can be what ever you wish be it Noble, bandit, whore, warrior, beggar, wizard and good or bad or neither. But V is...... V. ?

46 minutes ago, sophiextime said:

Plus a thing that bothers me a little is that its voice acted and that removes all chance of the character being anything yo want. Falout4 was the same. The moment your game character ha an actual game voice , you find you can only really be that person. Much like Geralt. Where as Skyrim doesnt. what ever you design can be what ever you wish be it Noble, bandit, whore, warrior, beggar, wizard and good or bad or neither. But V is...... V. ?

Didn't fallout have a mod where you remove the player voice?

Im no Modder and i have no idea about it (and honestly im to impatient to learn it) but is it possible to remove the bandaids that suddenly plop up everywhere to censor nipples?

Its sad and funny at the same time that this is becoming kinda like the game, Corpos vs the Rest.

I trust in the modders. Thank you.

5 hours ago, sophiextime said:

One of the game's strongest areas is its cinematic storytelling. The thing goes all-in on the film-like freefall. It's a first person tour de force that takes you on a ride assaulted by a smorgasbord of audiovisual glitter and sinewy character and good 'ol-fashioned sociocultural commentary, true to the source material.

Problem is, it's also touting to be an expansive, open-world, choice driven RPG. A genre that prioritizes consequential decisions and headcanon and making your own character builds, story beats, characterizations.

Again, for all its achievements, CP2077 sits at an awkward impasse between wanting to be a focused adventure and a freewheeling sandbox. First person story-driven games like BioShock, RAGE, etc., for instance, make no secret out of the fact that they're compact and linear -- you shoot, you loot, you uncover tidbits of story. Cyberpunk shares a lot of that vibe at times, and in that sense, would be one of the best of them all. But when viewing it in the same cloth as something like Mass Effect or Tyranny or even Fable, some of the roleplaying elements aren't as up to par, even if they shine in other contexts.

If this were billed and designed solely as a first person action adventure shooter in the vein of BioShock Infinite, V would be a compelling protag comparative to Booker DeWitt; as it is, we're left wondering how we could make them 'our' V and whether or not the game will allow us to do that or when it will all count. When it doesn't, it sort of dampers the party. And when it does, sure enough, it's a great time, and on the whole, the game is skilled in making your overall path of choice impactful on a raw level, the best I've seen in the AAA space since probably Dragon Quest XI.

But because V is so distinctly V with a relatively fixed personality, and the story is a bit more restrained in relationship-progressing events a la Mass Effect (where you have a party of characters and can regularly interact with and advance your bonds with them), it's hard to see other playthroughs being able to keep that magic afloat without more variety. *shrug*

I think that's one of the things the game ends up struggling because of, the fact that V largely works alone. Give us a party system with a cast of characters that we could bounce off of and you have something much more dynamic and replay-friendly, even for the kind of game that CP2077 is. I know CDPR is mostly following in the footsteps of their Witcher roots, but Cyberpunk is bigger and freer than any of the Witcher games, so hey the expectations ain't the same.

Now that would be a sequel I'd buy.

@Nardy

I remember the developers quietly changed the description of the game from RPG to Action game months ago in their site. Things that were planned with the demo from 2018 got cut. This is more of a straight rpg like The Witcher in which you could only role play as Geralt and maybe select different outcomes in your quests but play them almost the same. The term has become so broad and vague that lots of games claim to be rpgs but in none can you really roleplay and choose your own adventure.

i love the game despite its numerous issues, i was wondering if there is or will or can be a mod where we can make npcs naked, like Meredith, Judy, Panam, Claire or just any regular npc on the street? The female character models look amazing in this game and it would truly amazing if we could have a skill or something that could remove clothes :D. I seem to remember in Skyrim there was a shout or a spell that could do that :D

5 hours ago, UmbiCs said:

i love the game despite its numerous issues, i was wondering if there is or will or can be a mod where we can make npcs naked, like Meredith, Judy, Panam, Claire or just any regular npc on the street? The female character models look amazing in this game and it would truly amazing if we could have a skill or something that could remove clothes :D. I seem to remember in Skyrim there was a shout or a spell that could do that :D

Or even a type of hack, that would fit nicely in the game.

Everyone talking about nude mods but I just want some sexy clothing and to be able to wear some of the stuff you see random NPCs or even story characters wear, like Evelyn's thigh highs or some stockings and whatnot... would it be possible to somehow extract those and put them on as "special clothing sets" or replace other clothing models with such?

3 hours ago, CronoAbe said:

Everyone talking about nude mods but I just want some sexy clothing and to be able to wear some of the stuff you see random NPCs or even story characters wear, like Evelyn's thigh highs or some stockings and whatnot... would it be possible to somehow extract those and put them on as "special clothing sets" or replace other clothing models with such?

Ditto, even if it's just for cosmetic purposes. It would be cool if someone could at least look into if it's possible at this point.

A mod that adds BD functionality would be amazing. Letting you replay / rewind / pause / view from any angle the sex scenes currently in the game. Perhaps many of the same kind with different models so we can simulate it with anyone in the game. Big part of the lure to this game was the depravity of it all. The extents the lower class will go to to ignore the horrors of their lives. Drugs, alcohol, body mods, and of course the sex.

If someone one day can find a way to get npcs to follow us then I think a lot will come of that. It'll definitely improve the replayability / immersion of the game. If only the other 'companions' in the game got the same level of treatment as Johnny Silverhand does. That guy changes the way nearly every quest plays, by chiming in and commenting on almost everything. So like... we know CDPR are capable of adding that level of depth to a follower. It's just not here :(

I do think, as far as all that sex stuff, BD stuff is concerned, it's up to modders and not CDPR. I highly doubt they'd add that kinda stuff in. Someone here suggested a hack that could make people remove their clothes. Imagine the backlash from people if they learned CDPR put an ability like that into the game. 'No consent = rape' and all that. It'd definitely be up to modders.

From CDPR I honestly just EXPECT a bit of interactivity. Letting us sit here n there. Eat noodles alone. Drink at bars with animations. It's all already in the game, it's just not enabled for some reason. That and some AI changes. Would be awesome if Max Tac rolled in with their hovercraft when you reach 4 stars, instead of just BAZINGA and pop behind you. Beyond these I don't expect much more from them.

I know that they at least tried to give NPCs some kind of routine. I followed Judy home after a quest with her the other day and was shocked to find she actually keeps driving for about a half an hour before getting stuck and refusing to go any further. I had hoped she would park up, get out, go upstairs, kick off her shoes and watch some TV, or have a shower or something, but nah. To me this gives a bit of hope, that they at least started giving NPCs a life, but for whatever reason, couldn't add anymore.

Let's hope the modding tools are powerful so we can all have a pop at making this Skyrim 2.0. The effort put into the game world, the detail of NPCs, the story telling.... it makes for a far better foundation to mod for years on end than Skyrim was at release. I hope CDPR realise that they've created this kind of game, that deserves their mod support.

3 hours ago, CronoAbe said:

Yeah. I would be nice if we can get some outfit that NPC is wearing

20201210135823_1.jpg.e9e9a76197d4bd9a2e92074398c54fdf.jpg