Cyberpunk 2077 Mod Creation Thread

2 hours ago, harasai said:

honestly there are loads of great clothes in the game for npc's, i'm pretty sure im not the only one who spent some time visiting all the clothing shops trying to find some of the stuff you see at lizzie's or gommorah and to be dissapointed 

20201224124818_1.jpg

Kind of what I was trying to figure out with my previous post. There are a lot of assets in the game that fit in with loverslab modding that already exist in engine, but are not interactive with the player. Clothing like the above is one example, but there are entire sex shops in game with displays full of things that could be repurposed. Recycling those assets as well as unused NPC outfits as new items for the player would seem to be a reasonable first step I thought. I do not believe CDPR could ever do anything more with these ideas than they already have in a mainstream game but they went further than I would have expected. 

I am not able to do this myself as I lack the skills, but I wanted to get a feeling of the community. As people have said, there are no real tools released for the game as of yet and everything is still in its infancy as people start to feel out the boundaries of what is possible in the game.

On 12/20/2020 at 9:07 AM, assassin394 said:

Here is some screenshots of NPC on street with full nudity. I take those screenshot on the day the game released so it must be day one version. Feel free to compared it to the current version. I hasn't noticed any other NPC like this in my game since then.

20201211010956_1.jpg.eae752b1f3bfe733e25e7882986a6e32.jpg

20201211000802_1.jpg.3b7fab8b239186033f724d978b905e60.jpg

20201211000815_1.jpg.f86cf0770f4ef77cc03c6de2ab340577.jpg

20201211000826_1.jpg.cf73fff1b1727b7b1d1b793e20c75c05.jpg

Well....Since patches they're all censored for me too. Having duct tape on nipples, or wearing black underwears....

BTW I'm in France, We,  don't have sexual censorship like that, in general, pretty tolerant.

I don't get it.

So my hope is a mod getting ride of that. because yes, I'm a pervet.

If there is a fix, or even an explanation I'm pretty interested.

On 12/20/2020 at 7:20 AM, LovelyLad said:

Just want to note that with the 1.05 patch that's just been released, you can still use the underwear patcher to remove underwear from the game.

It does remove V's underwears still on 1.06, yes but doesn't work on  NPCs. At least for me.

@peculiaris "Did you try out the nudity filter on that save? Because it's bugged so once you turn it off again the censorship stays permanently."

Can you develop a bit please? I don't understand.

BTW sorry for double post I messed up.

7 hours ago, guims79 said:

Well....Since patches they're all censored for me too. Having duct tape on nipples, or wearing black underwears....

BTW I'm in France, We,  don't have sexual censorship like that, in general, pretty tolerant.

I don't get it.

So my hope is a mod getting ride of that. because yes, I'm a pervet.

If there is a fix, or even an explanation I'm pretty interested.

Both top images are still decensored for me (SA here). And the dancers were never nude for me since day one.

Maybe its censorship by EU union standards, probably to appease Germany.

7 hours ago, Kargrin said:

Both top images are still decensored for me (SA here). And the dancers were never nude for me since day one.

Maybe its censorship by EU union standards, probably to appease Germany.

Why would they try to appease to Germany? Germany is easily the country in Europe that has the least hang-ups about nudity. They had people sunbathing naked in parks before widely available cameras through phones and stuff kind of put a stop to that. They still have all their Saunas co-ed/mixed and naked to this day. Areas for Nudists/Naturists are found on nearly every beach and every lake in Germany. The only thing Germany is more strict than other European countries as far as video game censorship is concerned, is Nazi-Imagery, and even that can now be used in games (since like 5 years ago). 

And the characters shown above were still uncensored for me (switzerland) on patch 1.05. Haven't encountert them yet with the new patch, but I doubt they changed anything regarding npc clothes.

1 hour ago, guims79 said:

Those are actually 3d models;

Bruh, is that Noesis? Can you hide the nipple covers with hex edit just like with the underwear?

4 hours ago, sfsafasfdsadafds said:

Why would they try to appease to Germany? Germany is easily the country in Europe that has the least hang-ups about nudity. They had people sunbathing naked in parks before widely available cameras through phones and stuff kind of put a stop to that. They still have all their Saunas co-ed/mixed and naked to this day. Areas for Nudists/Naturists are found on nearly every beach and every lake in Germany. The only thing Germany is more strict than other European countries as far as video game censorship is concerned, is Nazi-Imagery, and even that can now be used in games (since like 5 years ago). 

And the characters shown above were still uncensored for me (switzerland) on patch 1.05. Haven't encountert them yet with the new patch, but I doubt they changed anything regarding npc clothes.

Interesting, the last info I has was how they were more strict with censoring games (in terms of violence/nudity)

4 hours ago, Andarus said:

Guys, stop with the stupid conspiracy theories. If you don't have nudity anymore its most likely just a bug, like CP77 has so many of... CDPR isn't censoring anything, that makes no sense.

Does beg the question of why I could see V bottomless on day one, but then they patched it after launch so she always has underwear on no matter what. And CDPR has specifically stated that it's not a bug and that the underwear is meant to be there. Then why wasn't it there when the game was released?

1 hour ago, Wanderer22 said:

Does beg the question of why I could see V bottomless on day one, but then they patched it after launch so she always has underwear on no matter what. And CDPR has specifically stated that it's not a bug and that the underwear is meant to be there. Then why wasn't it there when the game was released?

Any number of reasons are possible. Could be they released a general build of the game to all regions then patched to comply with regional requirements. If they were in a rush to ship that would save them time not having to create different versions of the game for each potential market.

5 hours ago, xnajoe said:

Thats exactly what i was wondering, but if we can will they actually have nipples under them? that is the question.

Renaming the .mesh files doesn't work, they still appear in game. Interesting, consedering the same method worked with the player's underwear

14 hours ago, Andarus said:

Guys, stop with the stupid conspiracy theories. If you don't have nudity anymore its most likely just a bug, like CP77 has so many of... CDPR isn't censoring anything, that makes no sense.

This has been confirmed not to be a bug
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/pc-no-nude-on-first-person-view-mirrors-photo-mode-not-a-bug.11041100/page-37#post-12386645

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/regarding-in-game-nudity-suggestions.11057393/

I just start playing again. Can confirm there is still NPC nudity on patch 1.06. Just meet this girl outside No Tell Motel. They are still there but those kind of NPC is rare and only appeared in some certain location. I only saw a few of those in my 160h with the game.

20201227081210_1.jpg.0178b4f8315097ac742d7e41b45849bb.jpg

13 hours ago, Wanderer22 said:

I don't know what version of the game you're playing but I'm play on day one and V definitely still have her panty on outside inventory screen. If you can see V bottomless day one its probably a bug. You can recreate this bug by switch pants really fast. You will be nude in FPP but still have panty on in photo mode and 3rd view.

14 hours ago, Wanderer22 said:

It could have been the missing underwear on launch was the bug and that they should have had underwear from release.

1 hour ago, Varithina said:

It could have been the missing underwear on launch was the bug and that they should have had underwear from release.

Seems kind of silly that they go out and say in interviews that genitals will be customizable. (though there are, like, TWO options for one, -both growers not show-ers- and one for the other.) then make it so the feature is pointless, because the in game model has un-removable underwear. Seems like an afterthought for ratings to me.
This also makes me question why there's even a censorship choice in the main menu. Without a mod, it does nothing. I feel as though it probably had more of a purpose before they chose to censor the final product just before release.

It is very puzzling indeed as to why there is even an option to customize genitals, pubic hair in the character creation if its something that will never show during the game. If they had no intention ever showing genitals during gameplay either in cutscenes or 1st /3rd person regualr play then why even bother having it as a reason in character creation?? In my opinion its INTENTIONAL DECEIT. Its all lies created to make people think its going to be a sexually mature game yet isnt at all. 

Why didnt they just admit it from Day 1 and NEVER have any sexual content. Then at least there would be no confusion, stupid ass cheats.

And their response to the overwhelming concern and comments in forums - Get Moderators to Close and end ALL further posts , threads and duscissions on the subject. Pussy lying cowards!!

17 minutes ago, sophiextime said:

It is very puzzling indeed as to why there is even an option to customize genitals, pubic hair in the character creation if its something that will never show during the game. If they had no intention ever showing genitals during gameplay either in cutscenes or 1st /3rd person regualr play then why even bother having it as a reason in character creation?? In my opinion its INTENTIONAL DECEIT. Its all lies created to make people think its going to be a sexually mature game yet isnt at all. 

Why didnt they just admit it from Day 1 and NEVER have any sexual content. Then at least there would be no confusion, stupid ass cheats.

And their response to the overwhelming concern and comments in forums - Get Moderators to Close and end ALL further posts , threads and duscissions on the subject. Pussy lying cowards!!

I agree with some of this, but I do think there was an intention, at least, of having more nudity in the game. I think, as others have speculated, they caved late in the game -maybe some pun intended- in order to get an 18 & 21 rating slapped on it more easily, instead of adult. Either way, since there was no mention of this leading up to release, it amounts to deceit on their part.

43 minutes ago, sophiextime said:

I think you're missing the fact that CDPR is now in bed with both Microsoft AND Sony. That should explain all the sudden censorship. I believe that CDPR had intended for there to be nude dancers, nudity on the NPC's and Nudity for the PC BUT when development of the game dragged out for so long and they partnered up with microshit and sononono the nudity got cut in the deal.

Even on day one, V's underwear in 1st person view where here. It wasn't possible to see yourself naked, but only in inventory.

After updates, some outfits are censored, some others aren't 20201211010956_1.jpg.eae752b1f3bfe733e25e7882986a6e32.jpg.8beb2c4a873ee0afb561b6aa4220336e.jpgThis one is still visible like so (nipples are actually covered to be fair)

20201227081210_1.jpg.0178b4f8315097ac742d7e41b45849bb.jpg.2f7eb0e7f1f3a247c07c2846f50ae77b.jpgThis one is still visible too.

20201211000802_1.jpg.3b7fab8b239186033f724d978b905e60.jpg.130e4340b89b3e27010609bc82ba7e85.jpgThis one has cupped bra and weirdly textured panties now.

23 hours ago, Kargrin said:

Bruh, is that Noesis? Can you hide the nipple covers with hex edit just like with the underwear?

1.The game ignores any hexedit change about that for now.

22 hours ago, xnajoe said:

Thats exactly what i was wondering, but if we can will they actually have nipples under them? that is the question.

2.No they haven't, even worst the body shape isn"t the same, breasts are flatter.

Ductapes, bras, and panties are separated meshes available here base\characters\garment\citizen_casual & citizen_prostitute

Meredith Stout wears cupless bra AND ductape at the same time

All this making nearly obvious thoses meshes are pre-assembled and actually not part of the outfit.

2 hours ago, sophiextime said:

Reset keep calm and think. Modders always do a good job at breaking dev's rules.

This thing will take a bit of time to be figured out.

Even on day one, V's underwear in 1st person view where here. It wasn't possible to see yourself naked, but only in inventory.

After updates, some outfits are censored, some others aren't 20201211010956_1.jpg.eae752b1f3bfe733e25e7882986a6e32.jpg.8beb2c4a873ee0afb561b6aa4220336e.jpgThis one is still visible like so (nipples are actually covered to be fair)

20201227081210_1.jpg.0178b4f8315097ac742d7e41b45849bb.jpg.2f7eb0e7f1f3a247c07c2846f50ae77b.jpgThis one is still visible too.

20201211000802_1.jpg.3b7fab8b239186033f724d978b905e60.jpg.130e4340b89b3e27010609bc82ba7e85.jpgThis one has cupped bra and weirdly textured panties now.

23 hours ago, Kargrin said:

1.The game ignores any hexedit change about that for now.

22 hours ago, xnajoe said:

2.No they haven't, even worst the body shape isn"t the same, breasts are flatter.

Ductapes, bras, and panties are separated meshes available here base\characters\garment\citizen_casual & citizen_prostitute

Meredith Stout wears cupless bra AND ductape at the same time

All this making nearly obvious thoses meshes are pre-assembled and actually not part of the outfit.

2 hours ago, sophiextime said:

Reset keep calm and think. Modders always do a good job at breaking dev's rules.

This thing will take a bit of time to be figured out.