Cyberpunk 2077 Mod Creation Thread

Cyberpunk 2077 modding will fall in line with Witcher 3 modding for the time being. I don't think CDPR plan on doing any mod tools so we will have limited scripting functionality. They did promise mod tools for Witcher but never delivered, so take any rumors for CP2077 with a grain of salt.

Wolven tool kit for Witcher 3 is working on CP2077 support already.

https://github.com/Traderain/Wolven-kit/issues/286

Rfuzzo has working extraction support already as well, as seen below

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/8

https://github.com/rfuzzo/CP77Tools

This was extracted with rfuzzo's tools. The user posted this in the Wolven git linked above, though.

cBOXvjO.png.1d7698d865e97c291f6788e7c581722b.png

Someone already extracted the TV videos, so it seems we could already swap or slice in some adult content there. This game also has a TON of billboards so making the ads more extreme should be simple. Who's ready for ACTUAL futanari ads?

Video files are Oodle. https://github.com/Traderain/Wolven-kit/files/5669868/oodle_dictionary.zip

3 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

A simple fix for the underpants which show up when characters drop trou in first person mode would be an appreciated first step in terms of modding.

Should just need to find the underwear texture and make it transparent, seems like something we should technically already be able to do. I'll be digging through the textures whenever I get a chance. This game probably has quite a lot of digging around needed, so everyone should help with finding textures and listing what they find here.

36 minutes ago, Ningician said:

Would a breast size increase be possible with these tools? I was under the impression that I could run around with giant anime titties and am a little sad that I can't.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/23

Check out this mod, it extends ranges for some options and adds new ones. Might wanna look for the genital sliders and see what config line it's adjusting. If we are lucky you can just extend the numbers to be bigger, if not then we will need more to do it.

If we can't just edit the config to have bigger numbers then we will need a few things. Right away you should also be able to use cheatengine to find the memory value and edit it directly, and for longer term we would need to find the value in the game files and add a custom slider with the tools above.

So much here depends on the position the publisher takes. If they don't like mods, and see them as a threat to their DLC business, there isn't much future.

Red Dead 2 is an example of having an engine that has a lot of potential, but the publisher's position has been bad in the past, and I think people are afraid to commit.

There are some tools for it, but it's still early days. There's been no RDR2 gold rush... More of a steady trickle.

I hope the legal entities behind 2077 take a pro-modding stance. That could see a game that took so many years to make gain genuine longevity.

I think we need to get a better feel for how CD PROJECKT RED see their future as a developer and publisher.

If they actively promote a mod community and make dev tools available themselves, I can imagine 2077 still being great to play in 2030.

If they focus on pumping out DLC, it will be just another old game by 2023.

38 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

So much here depends on the position the publisher takes. If they don't like mods, and see them as a threat to their DLC business, there isn't much future.

Red Dead 2 is an example of having an engine that has a lot of potential, but the publisher's position has been bad in the past, and I think people are afraid to commit.

There are some tools for it, but it's still early days. There's been no RDR2 gold rush... More of a steady trickle.

I hope the legal entities behind 2077 take a pro-modding stance. That could see a game that took so many years to make gain genuine longevity.

I think we need to get a better feel for how CD PROJECKT RED see their future as a developer and publisher.

If they actively promote a mod community and make dev tools available themselves, I can imagine 2077 still being great to play in 2030.

If they focus on pumping out DLC, it will be just another old game by 2023.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but CDPR have never actively prevented mods in the past. These are the same devs that are against DRM. They infact own gog.com as well. They take the old school approach, may not actively support it, but they don't actively prevent mods either. So, unless they change their ideals with this game, it's safe to say, they'll just take the ignore it approach. 

2 hours ago, Ningician said:

Would a breast size increase be possible with these tools? I was under the impression that I could run around with giant anime titties and am a little sad that I can't.

Doesn't seem to change any character creation options sadly, I'm too shy to ask anyone about it myself and too braindead to learn how to mod but I am confident some other horndog out there who is smarter than me will figure it out eventually.

Could u please help with making a mod with which we can check out what the NPCs are wearing and wear it ourselves, just like the control center in Skyrim? I've been desperately eagering for the see-thru tank top which is wore by the bartender in the japanese red light district

It is unknown if the underwear change is a bug. I wonder how a bug like that would even happen. I think it's more likely a deliberate change, and apparently cdpr affiliated people have confirmed as much but that's just a rumor for now.

There was that actual bug where player character penises were popping through clothing; maybe their fix for that was to remove genitals entirely from the over world setting by slapping the underwear model on everyone? Who knows, and who knows if it'll change back to how it was.

Given that i think i'd be wise for that to be a priority mod. And I don't know, but since it was (likely) intended behavior in the first place, it seems like it would be relatively easy to restore?

Ye i would love a mod to remove the underwear when in gameplay, its silly to see your self naked in the menu but then in 1st person, in a mirror or in 3rd person photo mode you have pants on. Its just crazy.

Also would love a mod to remove the cloths of other main characters, specifically Judy.

2 hours ago, Squash3000 said:

the underwear in first person seems to be intentional.i made a male and female character and both seemed to have it.if anyone knows how to change it please do let us know

Currently no.

I think Gonny was right, it is currently working as intended and was a fix because of the "cocks out" bug. I doubt very much it is at the top of their list of things to fix so it will likely be down to a modder to do it.

8 hours ago, Ningician said:

I was jumping with joy when my friend told me you can adjust breast size. Looks like I'll hold off purchasing the game a little until we can get some polished mods for this.

47 minutes ago, miles63 said:

i know what to do if you have clothing bug (if you cant remove underwear) you need default clothes from the beginning then you need to equip and then unequip it some time and MAGIC its again FULL NUDE! (idk if its work for you, but worked for me)

20201211101056_1.jpg

Interesting.. i have the same bug and also looking for a fix.

Did you just equip it and the unequip it couple of times in the menu?

Or leaving the menu inbetween?

As this bug is so random i wouldn`t be surprised if the fix is also a little random...

9 hours ago, Hakufu1021 said:

So, unless they change their ideals with this game, it's safe to say, they'll just take the ignore it approach. 

I think that's correct. That's probably what they'll do.

And if they do that, the development of sufficient tooling probably won't ever happen.

It will need them to do a bit more than simply ignoring mods to get the scene going.

Otherwise, modders are going to look at alternatives that support them better, even if they don't offer the same base level to start from.

I think the big advantage 2077 has is that it starts from an "adult game" level, and offers a lot of content that doesn't have to be added by modders as it was in Skyrim, because it's already there. But RDR2 has a lot of that too, and it's mod scene is still fairly quiet.

If Elder Scrolls 6 comes out, and Bethesda continue to enable modders, that's going to swallow up so much of the energy that might have gone into other games.

Fallout 4 is doing alright, but due to the decisions over how outfits work - which probably won't be carried over to the latest generation of consoles - it couldn't do everything Skyrim could. I'd rather write script for Fallout4, but when it comes to outfits, it's restrictive.

10 hours ago, genericnameforthisaccount said:

Third person mod

So much this. I think it'll be a lot more work than anticipated though... most of the animations for the protag probably don't even exist for third person models.

What kills me is that because of the way they built their game, now that Ray Tracing is in and a headlining feature, what's obvious is that the game lacks a fully fleshed out third person model - because you simply don't appear in any ray-traced reflections, even when you should (i.e. NPCs next to you appear in reflective glass, but you're just looking through yourself like a vampire).

I was legit questioning that ray tracing was even on for a while because I was looking myself in reflections, before realizing they flat out do not have reflection for the player.

The only time you see your character is when you go into camera mode and use the mirror in your apartment - it's notable that you have to use it, and it's not just already an actual mirror - as that gives them time to spawn the character model in through that interaction.

3 hours ago, spitfire123 said:

Interesting.. i have the same bug and also looking for a fix.

Did you just equip it and the unequip it couple of times in the menu?

Or leaving the menu inbetween?

As this bug is so random i wouldn`t be surprised if the fix is also a little random...

couple maybe more times try around 5-10 times , sometimes its working after 5 times , some time i was click around 30 seconds. its random but its only way i know right now

20201211183616_1.jpg