Cyberpunk 2077 Mod Creation Thread

2 hours ago, ZENtu said:

Why is that? Can you elaborate? That is, if you dont mind of course.

Unless CDPR release the same sort of modding support for the game that Bethesda did then I can't see a modding community getting behind 2077 in the same way is it did with TES games.

I fear the best you will get is a few nude mods, quest mods and more detailed texture packs.

4 hours ago, ZENtu said:

Why is that? Can you elaborate? That is, if you dont mind of course.

As others have stated, CD Projekt is not known for giving mod support for their games. Beyond that, the game also runs on the same engine as The Witcher 3 so user made tools will likely remain just as limited as they were for that game. 

1 hour ago, lerver said:

The more I see, I don't think the third person mod will be anything but janky animations and weird broken stuff.

Sure, but what about giving the player NPC's animations ? They shoot and walk and use melee weapons, don't they ? While i agree it won't look fluid, it's still something, and i would choose janky 3rd person over nice looking 1st person.

At the very least just give her 3rd person walk animation during non-combat. Make a mod showing her body using the photo mode somehow.

The Witcher 3 actually had some modding tools. 
https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3173

Not really powerful, but they existed.

Besides the community ones ofc. Like WolvenKit.

Here is a overview of what can and what can't be done in RedEngine 3 right now. https://theholywitcher3moddingbible.org/en/creative/current_perimeter

So CDRP isn't completely against modding tools.

2 hours ago, Wasmachensachen said:

Here is a overview of what can and what can't be done in RedEngine 3 right now. https://theholywitcher3moddingbible.org/en/creative/current_perimeter

Yet to play witcher 3 so i may be misunderstanding this mod a bit,

This mod seems to be a pretty impressive showcase of what could be achievable once the tools catch up by using only in game assets. I really hope modders get some support from the game devs as bugs aside the aesthetic is fantastic, theres like a whole down but not dead state already baked in. The open and slightly empty feeling world in my opinion would really lend itself to modding if only we could get some creation kit grade tech on this.

4 hours ago, Wasmachensachen said:

It is CD Projekt's opposition to modding that will inhibit the development of a healthy mod scene. It is the limitations of the Red Engine first and foremost and the limits of what the player base can do with the tools provided right after that which will determine how robust that scene can be.  

Come to think of it, the order could very well be inverted considering the fact that these games are fully voiced with fixed protagonists.

Sound editing tools will be one of the most important types of utility for modding this kind of game.

I just want some of the NPC clothes and accessories for my V like Panam's inner shirt, that cute Asian Mox bouncer chick's whole setup, more colors for the booty shorts, the thing that girl in the first trailer back in 2012 was wearing, etc. Oh, and a transparent outerwear like the one we already have for the innerwear.

Hey guys this is regarding the underwear bug. A better temporary fix has been found.

Use a Hex editor to modify Cyberpunk 2077/archive/pc/content/basegame_4_gamedata.archive  Change every "underwear" to "underwe_r"     

(no quotations obviously)

Should be able to see player nude no underwear in first person and photo mode, no spaming pants needed. 

Hope this helps.

Now we just need someone to mod better pussy textures. the ones they got are pretty bad TBH.

36 minutes ago, jonjon15 said:

Hey guys this is regarding the underwear bug. A better temporary fix has been found.

Use a Hex editor to modify Cyberpunk 2077/archive/pc/content/basegame_4_gamedata.archive  Change every "underwear" to "underwe_r"     

Should be able to see player nude no underwear in first person and photo mode, no spaming pants needed. 

Hope this helps.

Now we just need someone to mod better pussy textures. the ones they got are pretty bad TBH.

I agree the texture the game comes with is really bad, also is there a hex editor you would recommend?

I didn't read everything, sorry if these were suggested already.

1) The sex shops have some BDSM items. Masks, outfits, even some male chastity belts. I guess those could be made wearable by swapping their model with an existing clothing?

2) I'd like a mod which removes the camera autoreset during 3rd person driving. After like 2 seconds, if you don't move the mouse, the camera always snaps back to its default position. It is infuriating, it completely kills the driving gameplay for me as I constantly have to struggle against the game. I'd also be ok, if this delay would be set to 2 years instead of 2 seconds.

6 hours ago, Garnet Dawn said:

I just want some of the NPC clothes and accessories for my V like Panam's inner shirt, that cute Asian Mox bouncer chick's whole setup, more colors for the booty shorts, the thing that girl in the first trailer back in 2012 was wearing, etc. Oh, and a transparent outerwear like the one we already have for the innerwear.

Wait, you found wearable transparent innerwear?

A mod where we can bang anyone would be great. The animations are there. The nudity is there. We just need a script that has a hotkey assigned and depending on the actors involved which animations can play. That way we can finally have more sex options. The default are a fucking joke they bragged about mocap animations and all the options we would have and that depending on character body, genitals, and voice would determine who we could bang. Basically was all lies. We got nothing, its Mass Effect 1/Dragon Age 2/The Witcher 2 lackluster options here! One gay, one lesbian, one bi woman, one straight woman, one straight dude, and 2 ONLY 2 prostitutes in Japan Town that are bi and both genders. WTF CDPR?!

The game does feel butchered too, like there was supposed to be more. Guess during development they butchered the game because hardly anyone completed TW3 on PS4 according to them. The lifepaths suck too, they don't do anything and are over in 5 minutes or less. The montage video afterwards was bullshit as well! That was clearly gameplay cut and made into a prerendered video. I just want more from this lackluster piece of over hyped overrated shit! Modding is the only thing that's going to make me stay. I'm never preordering from anyone ever again for sure. #LifeLessons

Hello LoversLab,

I come to you in a time of dire need. Cyberpunk 2077 has come out, and we need capable reverse engineers. For now, some tools for The Witcher 3 have been repurposed to fit the new engine and we are currently able to unpack archives, extract textures and meshes, and execute certain console commands; in other words, we've barely scratched the surface. If you happen to be knowledgeable with generic model and texture formats, a programming language (preferably C# and/or C++), hex editing; any RE skills at all, really, join this Discord server of ours. We have a to-do list of sorts there.

Thanks in advance for all the NSFW mods,

Some newfag

6 hours ago, jonjon15 said:

Hope this helps.

This was bugging me a lot. Thanks a lot for the fix !! Seems to work well so far ! 

22 minutes ago, Darkening Demise said:

A mod where we can bang anyone would be great. The animations are there. The nudity is there. We just need a script that has a hotkey assigned and depending on the actors involved which animations can play. That way we can finally have more sex options. The default are a fucking joke they bragged about mocap animations and all the options we would have and that depending on character body, genitals, and voice would determine who we could bang. Basically was all lies. We got nothing, its Mass Effect 1/Dragon Age 2/The Witcher 2 lackluster options here! One gay, one lesbian, one bi woman, one straight woman, one straight dude, and 2 ONLY 2 prostitutes in Japan Town that are bi and both genders. WTF CDPR?!

The game does feel butchered too, like there was supposed to be more. Guess during development they butchered the game because hardly anyone completed TW3 on PS4 according to them. The lifepaths suck too, they don't do anything and are over in 5 minutes or less. The montage video afterwards was bullshit as well! That was clearly gameplay cut and made into a prerendered video. I just want more from this lackluster piece of over hyped overrated shit! Modding is the only thing that's going to make me stay. I'm never preordering from anyone ever again for sure. #LifeLessons

I agree !!! We have so much sexual stuff in the game already, it DOES NOT NEED MODS !!  But for some stupid reason, it is hard to access and we get a watered down version. No we need mods to simply activate what is in the game already...

I also have a tip for who wishes to be naked more and not have to deal with the ugly clothes. I normally play my games on hard, but now i play on medium, and simply not wear any clothes. I have almost no armor this way, but i don't find the game over-difficult on medium, it feels quite balanced actually. As a bonus, i don't have to tediously upgrade my armor pieces every 10 minutes.

P.S. I wish we had 3rd person mod... just take some animations from NPCs and give it to the players as placeholder.

18 hours ago, lerver said:

The more I see, I don't think the third person mod will be anything but janky animations and weird broken stuff.

I'm playing on Xbox Series X and my animations does not look that extremely goofy in the shadows as yours... but they still look goofy and broken. But I think whats funnier is that your character is bald the entire time