Hello Kimy, I was wandering if there is a possibility for you to include gag talk(successful/unsuccessful rate part) as a separate plugin or incorporate it into Devious Devices itself since with DD only I only get the message about NPCs not understanding anything(tried over 20 times on a dozen NPCs and got the same result.Im honest to god sorry if there is already some type of solution for this situation,but I tried both the search function and manually going through the topics and did not find anything).I know I might sound like a dick for writing this, but having to install DCL for only this function(do not get me wrong,it is a fantastic mod in its on right) is a tad of a hastle.Again I am sorry if I went full retard and skipped the potential solution while searching for it. :D

Hi @Kimy - Something to add to the download page under 'Known Incompatibilities' section if you are looking for compatiblity reports.

"Sanguine Debauchery, SexLab Parasites and SexLab Stories Devious are not compatible (yet) with DD5. They are using custom Devious Devices that need to be ported to new features".. or something to that effect.

I don't know when I will have time test the new version and update my mods accordingly. I have to check the changes to the device scripts and properties, as well as start moving away from using keywords strings to fetch generic devices (which I use a lot in SD+). But I will fix them as soon as possible!

Sorry for the offtopic, but wherever I write, no one answers me. And I see you are versed in the topic of NPCs and clothing.
Can you help me?
Problem with regular NPCs.
I have Bijin NPCs, Bijin Warmaidens and Bijin Wives mods.
And the NPCs from these mods are fine, because they have their own bodies and heads.
And the rest of the NPCs have a problem, because they have bodies like me.
But their heads are standard.
If the NPC makes a weight of 1.0, he will have a cut in his neck.
And if 0.5, then the cuts on the arms and legs.
When I write the command "setnpcweight 100" everything is fine, but the texture of the NPC's head changes color and it looks kind of ugly.
To remove this, I write disable and enable commands on the NPC.
The body is all right and the head returns to its color and shape, but a cut appears on the neck.
I do not understand anything...
How to solve this?
I have Leyenda Skin and XP32MSE.
I need 1.0 weight per NPC, because there is a replacement for clothes and armor UNP Minidresses Collection.

6 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Hi @Kimy - Something to add to the download page under 'Known Incompatibilities' section if you are looking for compatiblity reports.

"Sanguine Debauchery, SexLab Parasites and SexLab Stories Devious are not compatible (yet) with DD5. They are using custom Devious Devices that need to be ported to new features".. or something to that effect.

I don't know when I will have time test the new version and update my mods accordingly. I have to check the changes to the device scripts and properties, as well as start moving away from using keywords strings to fetch generic devices (which I use a lot in SD+). But I will fix them as soon as possible!

Most devices (even those using custom scripts) should work out of the box, if they worked in DD4. The ones that need some TLC are corsets (if your mods use any custom ones), and if your custom code calls certain DD4 internal low-level API functions (such as SyncInventory()), because several of these got removed in DD5. The internal device equipping code changed rather dramatically, so some of these functions are no longer there. Otherwise the required changes should be rather minimal in most cases.

If you need any help, just ask! :)

14 hours ago, Fakein said:
Spoiler

Sorry for the offtopic, but wherever I write, no one answers me. And I see you are versed in the topic of NPCs and clothing.
Can you help me?
Problem with regular NPCs.
I have Bijin NPCs, Bijin Warmaidens and Bijin Wives mods.
And the NPCs from these mods are fine, because they have their own bodies and heads.
And the rest of the NPCs have a problem, because they have bodies like me.
But their heads are standard.
If the NPC makes a weight of 1.0, he will have a cut in his neck.
And if 0.5, then the cuts on the arms and legs.
When I write the command "setnpcweight 100" everything is fine, but the texture of the NPC's head changes color and it looks kind of ugly.
To remove this, I write disable and enable commands on the NPC.
The body is all right and the head returns to its color and shape, but a cut appears on the neck.
I do not understand anything...
How to solve this?
I have Leyenda Skin and XP32MSE.
I need 1.0 weight per NPC, because there is a replacement for clothes and armor UNP Minidresses Collection.

You need to copy your player mesh files to follower mods for best compatibility. If you don't do that then armors that fit your body will cause issues on them. As you saw with the setweight command it causes head color to change, so don't use command. If you want to alter follower it should be done with CreationKit, but if you use player model i suppose you don't need to.

31 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

You need to copy your player mesh files to follower mods for best compatibility. If you don't do that then armors that fit your body will cause issues on them. As you saw with the setweight command it causes head color to change, so don't use command. If you want to alter follower it should be done with CreationKit, but if you use player model i suppose you don't need to.

Please explain to someone who does not understand where these grids are and where to copy them ... I'm an ordinary player and I don't know anything.
And I don't want to change my follower. I need to solve a problem with all the NPCs that use my body. Because due to the fact that their weight is less than 100, their arms and legs are cut off.

4 hours ago, Fakein said:

Please explain to someone who does not understand where these grids are and where to copy them ... I'm an ordinary player and I don't know anything.
And I don't want to change my follower. I need to solve a problem with all the NPCs that use my body. Because due to the fact that their weight is less than 100, their arms and legs are cut off.

So the right place to ask this question is there, i'm not best person to answer what you need to know. What you asked cannot be solved with just 1 or 2 posts, further questions will be needed. Seeing that you have XP32MSE means you need to be browsing only Loverslab areas for Special Edition (this thread is for only Legendary Edition):

https://www.loverslab.com/forum/73-technical-support-skyrim-special-edition/

So i won't give more tips in this thread but for something... Firstly you need to tell in new post you make what app you use for mods, for example NMM, Vortex or Mod Organizer. Different answers for each cases. "Mesh" in Skyrim means 3D-model file. There is a folder in Skyrim\Data\meshes\ .. and there they are all located. I have never seen issue you described so if it was me, i'd need to know everything about your installation to have enough clues to guess how to fix it. You'll also need to show them screenshots.

24 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

So the right place to ask this question is there, i'm not best person to answer what you need to know. What you asked cannot be solved with just 1 or 2 posts, further questions will be needed. Seeing that you have XP32MSE means you need to be browsing only Loverslab areas for Special Edition (this thread is for only Legendary Edition):

https://www.loverslab.com/forum/73-technical-support-skyrim-special-edition/

So i won't give more tips in this thread but for something... Firstly you need to tell in new post you make what app you use for mods, for example NMM, Vortex or Mod Organizer. Different answers for each cases. "Mesh" in Skyrim means 3D-model file. There is a folder in Skyrim\Data\meshes\ .. and there they are all located. I have never seen issue you described so if it was me, i'd need to know everything about your installation to have enough clues to guess how to fix it. You'll also need to show them screenshots.

Thank you very much for not passing by, but trying to help me. I appreciate it ❤️

So I've seen a couple of threads and comments in the last 2 weeks involving Devious Devices and carriages problems, so I thought I'd write a little post and paste it into relevent threads to make others aware of a quality of life upgrade on the subject. 

The mods "Devious Carriages" and "Better Fast Travel" (the first has a patch for the second) will solve all the problems caused by wearing devices and trying to use carriages.  For instances, if you're wearing a straitjacket, armbinder, or yolk, you normally can't use a carriage because those devices block the activation button, preventing you from climbing onto one.  Devious Carriages adds a script that will teleport you as soon as you finish talking to the driver if you're wearing one of those devices.  Being encumbered also prevents you from using a carriage (this is a feature of vanilla skyrim), which means you can't use a carriage while wearing a legbinder or hobble dress, even if your hands a free, because they force you to walk by nerfing your carry weight.  Better fast travel gives you the option to remove weight limits from carriages.  Plus, it adds a bunch of new carriages and destinations to skyrim giving you more opportunities to use the features of Devious Carriages.  With those 2 mods, the only devices that will prevent you from using a carriage is the slave gag and "the silencer" (because they prevent you from communicating with the driver).

And as a side note, I've played though the "bound in skyrim" questline from DCL a few times, and haven't run into any conflicts with Devious Carriages

here's links to the two mods if anyone is interested:

Better Fast Travel:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15508/

Hey all,

I'm not sure iif anyone else is having an issue with textures, but I've found that a number of them are missing. I've re-downloaded and installed and the same textures are still missing. So far, this is what I have found.

-Gold chastity textures uses on Queen Sarah's belt (among others)

-Obsidian gear (and it's shared assets)

-Heavy gag harness
-Many of the "benign" miniskirt outfits.
-Sasha's hair.

Not sure if anyone has said it recently but, Thank you Kimy.

I have been having a small problem with my DD items not un-equiping after being unlocked. I get the unlock notification and the device stays. DCL can un-equip and so can DDhelpers. If I would like to play with the only option being my follower letting me out than it already works fine :)

I found I have some other errors as the animations for the blindfold un-equip wont play until I go in and manually choose to register devices in DDi.

If this sounds familiar to anyone please let me know what you think I broke... back to trouble shooting for me.

Edit: The animations not playing on removal seem to have fixed itself somehow. I still can not remove devices with keys.
Edit2: Sex Lab Inflation Framework had a patch for an old DDi... Problem solved

6 hours ago, Sathella said:

Hey all,

I'm not sure iif anyone else is having an issue with textures, but I've found that a number of them are missing. I've re-downloaded and installed and the same textures are still missing. So far, this is what I have found.

-Gold chastity textures uses on Queen Sarah's belt (among others)

-Obsidian gear (and it's shared assets)

-Heavy gag harness
-Many of the "benign" miniskirt outfits.
-Sasha's hair.

Textures missing would mean they show up pink, however since you mentioned that gag i bet it's about your game settings that causes you to see random colored pixels instead. Easy way was to use skyrim inis of the high quality standard, but it was easier to do by changing this to:

Skyrimprefs.ini

[Display]

iTexMipMapSkip = 0

I still suspect it's only about poorly saved textures in some DD gear as DDS texture format can include mipmaps. About Sasha's (or at least Chloe's) hair you need to install Apachii female hairs.

10 hours ago, HomeScreen503 said:

I'm trying to install DD but it says that I'm missing the Sexlabs mods, even though I have them installed on Vortex and they're showing up when I run FNIS.

Anyone have any idea what I need to do to get this fixed so that I can install DD?

skyrimmodmeme3.PNG

Make sure to check Vortex to see if the .esm file is enabled, for me I've been finding that Vortex is not enabling the .esm files for the mods so I have to activate them manually in the plugins part of Vortex.

23 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Textures missing would mean they show up pink, however since you mentioned that gag i bet it's about your game settings that causes you to see random colored pixels instead. Easy way was to use skyrim inis of the high quality standard, but it was easier to do by changing this to:

Skyrimprefs.ini

[Display]

iTexMipMapSkip = 0

I still suspect it's only about poorly saved textures in some DD gear as DDS texture format can include mipmaps. About Sasha's (or at least Chloe's) hair you need to install Apachii female hairs.

But I do have the pepto-bismol pink color of a missing texture. Since I'm not seeing anyone else report this issue. I'm confident that it's on my end.

That said, I've reinstalled twice with the same result. I suppose I can try a full re-download. Perhaps the textures got lost in the transfer. I know those textures were there when I was using Kimy's legacy DDi, DDa, DDe and DDc. I disabled them, installed DD5 then deleted them (in case something failed so I could have a fallback). When I discovered the dropped textures, I re-installed DD5 to the same result listed above.

It's possible, that it's as you said and a poor reference to the .dds - I'm thinking about rooting around DD5 in CK tomorrow to see. Because if there are there in the pack, then I know that something got goofed up  somewhere. But if they aren't in the file at all, Then it's either something that didn't get packed, or dropped during download.

@Sathella Do it in this order: First uninstall all DD mods and make sure you don't see any. Then reinstall only DD5. At that point you should have DDA, DDI, DDX and DDC in your load order as they are still providing the textures to DD5.

After this you need to run Bodyslide batch build to generate the meshes.

Hello,

I have been using Devious Devices for a while (many installs and uninstalls for different play-throughs). However, the last few months when I picked it back up again, I've been having issues with a couple of the devices not fitting. Specifically, the restrictive gloves clip and so do the rope binders. Using bodyslide, I was able to make the gloves clip significantly less, but no matter what I do I am unable to get the rope binder to fit properly. All other devices and animations seem to be working properly. Can someone help me out?

Thanks

Video below showing the issue:

On 2/9/2021 at 11:19 AM, mmmmGoodDinner said:

Hello,

I have been using Devious Devices for a while (many installs and uninstalls for different play-throughs). However, the last few months when I picked it back up again, I've been having issues with a couple of the devices not fitting. Specifically, the restrictive gloves clip and so do the rope binders. Using bodyslide, I was able to make the gloves clip significantly less, but no matter what I do I am unable to get the rope binder to fit properly. All other devices and animations seem to be working properly. Can someone help me out?

Thanks

Video below showing the issue:

As far as I know - the rope binder has always behaved like that.

On 2/8/2021 at 2:07 AM, Zaflis said:

@Sathella Do it in this order: First uninstall all DD mods and make sure you don't see any. Then reinstall only DD5. At that point you should have DDA, DDI, DDX and DDC in your load order as they are still providing the textures to DD5.

After this you need to run Bodyslide batch build to generate the meshes.

That did it. I found my problem. On my first install I accidentally reactivated DDi and overwrote stuff before I deleted it

Did a clean reinstall of all DD mods and works fine now.

@Kimy

Hi

I have looked high and low through DD 5.1 but have had no success finding either of the couple of things @t.ara kindly did for me, that I understood you really were both OK about putting into DD Contraptions

I was setting up a PAHE based playthrough in which those would be seriously useful and took it into my head to check ? and, so help me, they're not there ?

Any chance of seeing these in the reasonably near future please?  Given my age, I'd be really really grateful if it were before I die..... ?

More seriously, and for ease of reference, this first came up way back here

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/133152-devious-devices-contraptions/?do=findComment&comment=3097978

For further ease of remembrance, they were these two items

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/133152-devious-devices-contraptions/?do=findComment&comment=3047930

Ok, this is the new download page for the Devious Devices all-in-one installer. I will no longer update or support the older versions still available on their individual download pages. All support requests now go here, and here only!

@Kimy , you should probably put a notice and link in the mod descriptions of those that are being rendered obsolete, to point to this mod. Preferrably in some font/color that stands out. I, for one, didn't see the new version, and was instead looking at the old versions for updates. Oops.