So! I decided to start a fresh Skyrim install after my previous one became too bloated. I figured I'd begin by having only DD (5.1) and its requirements to make sure i got the first thing right.

Yet, even with this absolutely minimal load order, I STILL get lots of trouble with the Periodic Events in DD.

Like in most of my previous installs, the events work perfectly during the session when DD is initialized (as shown by the little pop-up in the top-left corner of the screen). However, after saving, quitting the game and loading (while the character is wearing devices), the entire events system goes haywire: Some events no longer happen (the struggle event is usually the first one to break), event weights in the MCM are no longer respected, and 2 or more events may go off at the same time.

I am at my wits end here. It goes without saying that I ran FNIS, Bodyslide, sorted load order with LOOT and all else. It seems that regardless of the install, I always somehow manage to have problems with the periodic events system. I really need help from someone who understands the system better than I do.

Load order in spoiler, thanks in advance!

Spoiler

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
SexLab.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
Devious Devices - Contraptions.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
XPMSE.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
FNIS.esp
SkyUI.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

6 hours ago, CamisoleDF said:

I STILL get lots of trouble with the Periodic Events in DD.

There might really be bugs with events and need more testing. In DD MCM i set "restrictive collar chance" and "posture collar" chance both to 100, and then still in LAL cell equipped "Black Ebonite Collar (Posture)".. which looks about regular collar to me, there are higher posture collars than this... But after waiting around an hour nothing happened. Same after saving and loading.

Well, those 2 weren't the only things i cranked up to 100. Could it be that it fires up 1 random event out of them and then ignores the rest? I have also noticed plugs being fairly quiet during DD5 playings overall.

Hi!

I posted a few weeks ago about my hoods and collars problems, which are solved now.
However, I'm still having a problem : for a strange reason, when I try to equip a harness, it doesn't appear on my character. A collar might appear, but it's not always the same.

Capture.PNG.e63e58e74d9fd2537c85ed86c2e631ed.PNG

As you can see, I'm playing as a male argonian. I thought at first it might be linked to Yiffy Age of Skyrim but I unchecked the mod before launching the game. SO it seems it's not the case.
Does anyone have an idea of what might happen? I know harnesses work before, and considering cat suits work, I guess it's probably a problem with my mods and/or my load order.

22 hours ago, circuit said:

So, I have my "gag" setting in volume cranked all the way down, and have orgasm, edge, and vibration volume in the DD MCM also turn down to 0.000... but I still hear generic moaning when a vibration or shock event is triggered.  Am I missing something?

Yep.

This function is not usable with Sexlab. I have no clue if it ever worked, but it still is left in the MCM from whenever... :)

Hi, I recently downloaded and installed this mod. I put on a chastity belt on my character (to which the locks I've already manipulate), now it wont come off. I clicked on the item, unlock, game says it's unlocked, but it's still there. I tried the player.removeitem command, doesn't work. Is this a glitch? if so, Is there a way to fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers, all.

Is  DD 5.1 a replacement for the previous three mods: assets, integration, and expansion? I see that Deviously Cursed Loot still requires the older three mods and doesn't list DD 5.1 as a requirement - should I not be using DD 5.1 with Cursed Loot 8.5? Thanks for any help.. :)

Edit: Nevermind - figured it out! 

Just wondered if someone could help me

Im using this armour https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/100610 for my female wood elf atm...

but equipping the leg cuffs replaces the Druid leggings/panties armour part.. I’m guessing their both set to slot 53..

Is it possible to change the leg cuffs to a different slot without replacing any armour pieces of said outfit and an idiot guide in how to do it so I don’t fuck it up just by messing about with armour slots randomly.

3 hours ago, stumpy1975 said:

equipping the leg cuffs replaces the Druid leggings/panties armour part

I think you'd do better to change the slot on your armor piece, or the next time you get a different leg cuff you'll have the same problem.  This reference tells you which slots devious devices use.

A better solution is to merge the problematic part into the base armor, so the whole thing goes in the body slot as one piece.  If you can use Nikskope, the process is pretty easy, and if you're interested I can describe how to do it (or you can probably find a guide).  I frequently do this to avoid slot conflicts.

On 2/8/2021 at 8:29 PM, evilblade said:

Hey, folks!

I've just noticed that my character's feet are somewhat missaligned with an open hobbledress when she walks. There are even gaps between the dress and a feet when she's walking towards the camera at an angle :(

Does anyone perhaps know how to fix that?

This "gapping" is an effect, based on the way this dress has been created. The legs and body parts, which are covered by the dress are simply not existing. Technically do you USE the dress without the hidden body and ONLY the breast, neck and head AND the FEET are presented while wearing this dress. As soon you want to add more of the bottom-legs-parts, you will instead see a CLIPPING of the skirt and the legs. A narrow skirt like this can be made best way how it is now existing and the gamer should try to OVERVIEW some minor effects of clipping. ONE else word: even in RDR2 (which is meant to be a professional game) there are endless clipping clothing parts on females-clipping thru skin, clipping cloth with each other and so on. THERE´s only a way around if you edit the mesh in BODYSLIDE -let the cloth come with more distance and add here in this example the legs again-but in that case, you wont any longer have a hobble dress.

THE weighting of clothing can be made by using walking and running animations, while the creator is weighting the sort of clothing like PENCIL-SKIRTS in a 3D-software. In that case the clipping effects can be reduced to a minimum, depending on the structure of the clothing´s mesh-topology.

On 2/11/2021 at 5:23 PM, donkeywho said:

@Kimy

Hi

I have looked high and low through DD 5.1 but have had no success finding either of the couple of things @t.ara kindly did for me, that I understood you really were both OK about putting into DD Contraptions

I was setting up a PAHE based playthrough in which those would be seriously useful and took it into my head to check ? and, so help me, they're not there ?

Any chance of seeing these in the reasonably near future please?  Given my age, I'd be really really grateful if it were before I die..... ?

More seriously, and for ease of reference, this first came up way back here

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/133152-devious-devices-contraptions/?do=findComment&comment=3097978

For further ease of remembrance, they were these two items

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/133152-devious-devices-contraptions/?do=findComment&comment=3047930

From my side I can add lot of assets, no question-anyway AM I STILL working on ZAP. I will install this mod in the next weeks and as I can find DDc as a part inside (which should be easily possible), I try to create a mod, with which this mod could be patched with new furniture-assets. A patch is maybe ideal so to not disturb any state of development of KIMY´s work. MEANS: a patch can be added based on every latest version and comes with a new ESM-file, which has to be edited again on top if a NEW version of this mod appears. The patch will only contain the furniture(s), their textures if necessary, it´s new animations and a new ESM-file. Anyway do I suggest to send this patch to KIMY and she can create an update for you, then.

?

Ran into a weird bug... trying to equip Black Ebonite Restrictive gloves doesn't trigger any scripts, and they don't show up on my character.  When I give them to a companion to put on, they completely vanish, and are no longer in either of our inventories.  I've checked and all the other gloves work, and moving over to a different character save, that character can put them on without issue.

Any ideas as to what may have gone wrong, and if there's any way to fix it?

20 hours ago, circuit said:

I think they're called "Genital Piercing" now in-game.

I don't think so.  Maybe you're thinking of something from another mod?  I don't see anything in DD 5.1 called "Genital Piercing", and there's nothing with that name in my game.  

On 2/28/2021 at 8:31 AM, darkfender666 said:

Are vaginal piercings no longer supported?

They are not in the dvices lists and many mods have issue since they miss. 

21 hours ago, circuit said:

I think they're called "Genital Piercing" now in-game.

35 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

I don't think so.  Maybe you're thinking of something from another mod?  I don't see anything in DD 5.1 called "Genital Piercing", and there's nothing with that name in my game.  

For Him renames them to Genital Piercing. Without it, it will show as Vaginal Piercing.

Minor request: remove the stamina penalty from Corsets.  They're the only item that has a native effect like that, and there are plenty of secondary mods (like Devious Training) that handle those sort of side effects more comprehensively.

1 hour ago, Skullered said:

For Him renames them to Genital Piercing. Without it, it will show as Vaginal Piercing.

Not really i tested in game... there are only "genital" piercing and they work for females. 

I don't have dd for him unless its included in base mods.

I admit i installed whatever was suggested

57 minutes ago, darkfender666 said:

there are only "genital" piercing and they work for females. 

@Skullered is right, DD For Him renames vaginal piercings.  They're just devices, so nothing restricts them by gender.

Info.png.0bc57b4452ca66bcfa579d190a80c45f.png

59 minutes ago, darkfender666 said:

I admit i installed whatever was suggested

DD For Him is an optional part of the installation package.  If you're not sure what you installed, this would be a good to check, now that it's clear what DD For Him does.  Knowing that it's DD For Him that's making the change, rather than a general change for DD, was the missing context.

21 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

@Skullered is right, DD For Him renames vaginal piercings.  They're just devices, so nothing restricts them by gender.

Info.png.0bc57b4452ca66bcfa579d190a80c45f.png

DD For Him is an optional part of the installation package.  If you're not sure what you installed, this would be a good to check, now that it's clear what DD For Him does.  Knowing that it's DD For Him that's making the change, rather than a general change for DD, was the missing context.

sorry to correct you...

OPTIONAL is not something that when unchecked open a pop up saying "if you remove this your game will blow up and your pc will commit seppuku".... 

Just tried :| 

DD for him is STANDARD... not installing it is OPTIONAL but unadvised. 

17 minutes ago, darkfender666 said:

sorry to correct you

You don't sound sorry.

17 minutes ago, darkfender666 said:

OPTIONAL is not something that when unchecked open a pop up saying "if you remove this your game will blow up and your pc will commit seppuku".... 

Um, I don't see anything like that in my game.  Although For Him is "recommended", it is an optional step.  I'm using DD 5.1 without it just fine, without dire warnings.  Earlier, you seemed unsure about what options you'd installed.  I was just providing information to expand on Skullered's helpful insight, pointing to For Him as the source of the "Genital Piercing" change in your game, so if you were uncertain about that, you have more info to work with.

I was trying to be helpful.  So why the rage?