1 hour ago, darkfender666 said:

sorry to correct you...

OPTIONAL is not something that when unchecked open a pop up saying "if you remove this your game will blow up and your pc will commit seppuku".... 

Just tried :| 

DD for him is STANDARD... not installing it is OPTIONAL but unadvised. 

Uhmm... HexBolt8 already answered this in detail - but honestly: unchecking anything mid-game will make your game crash in your face.

I don't really remember which questions were asked during the installing procedure, but as I will never play a cat, a lizard or a hulk, I happily ignored all the optional content and ran in no problems at all.

17 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Uhmm... HexBolt8 already answered this in detail - but honestly: unchecking anything mid-game will make your game crash in your face.

I don't really remember which questions were asked during the installing procedure, but as I will never play a cat, a lizard or a hulk, I happily ignored all the optional content and ran in no problems at all.

The fact that basically a different naming between devices depending if you use a suggested feature or not can reduce compatibility on other mods (devious follower to name one). 

18 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

You don't sound sorry.

Um, I don't see anything like that in my game.  Although For Him is "recommended", it is an optional step.  I'm using DD 5.1 without it just fine, without dire warnings.  Earlier, you seemed unsure about what options you'd installed.  I was just providing information to expand on Skullered's helpful insight, pointing to For Him as the source of the "Genital Piercing" change in your game, so if you were uncertain about that, you have more info to work with.

I was trying to be helpful.  So why the rage?

Its not rage, maybe its language barrier i beg forgiveness.

i was just suggesting that if you try to uncheck that thing several threatening messages appears and thus i guess if it can be solved the "for him" should be considered as standard feature.

A question about autostrip...

I have two mods that autostrip npcs, (the underground bathhouse when npcs go swimming, and a mod that makes npc sleep naked). The issue I have is that this autostrip also removes collars, and the npc do not redress the collar when redressing the rest of their outfit. 

Is there a way to make collars never stripped ?

On 3/2/2021 at 9:37 PM, CaptainJ03 said:

That's not entirely correct. You can uncheck anything that isn't in use in your current save, and then you can clean out the remains of it with resaver from fallrimtools. I've done this many times without crashing or making my game more prone to crashing. You just have to know what you're doing. Removing DD for him will probably cause a CTD if any males are wearing it. Otherwise it shouldn't be a problem.

Armor and graphics mods are examples of things you can always remove midgame. You can remove some script mods too, but it's a risk.

Regarding the discussion, I also removed all optional content and had no issues. If I had, I would flame the author for putting such nonsense as a requirement and adding to our esp count. I'd probably edit the mod and clean out that content too.

Is High Poly Heads compatible with DD ?

Because a while ago i installed High Poly Heads and i noticed that the Gag's would not work (mouth was closed).
Was there something i did wrong ?

I did run Bodyslide render, LOOT and FNIS.

I allso tried a new savegame.

As a body i have BHUNP installed.

Currently i don't have High Poly Heads installed because i just could not get it to work, but i would really want to switch to it again if it would work.

1 hour ago, TheLLGuy said:

Is High Poly Heads compatible with DD ?

Because a while ago i installed High Poly Heads and i noticed that the Gag's would not work (mouth was closed).
Was there something i did wrong ?

I did run Bodyslide render, LOOT and FNIS.

I allso tried a new savegame.

As a body i have BHUNP installed.

Currently i don't have High Poly Heads installed because i just could not get it to work, but i would really want to switch to it again if it would work.

If you're using BHUNP, are you on SE?
You need mfg fix for the mouth to open in SE for the gags. It's not related to the body or head.

On 2/28/2021 at 11:07 AM, t.ara said:

From my side I can add lot of assets, no question-anyway AM I STILL working on ZAP. I will install this mod in the next weeks and as I can find DDc as a part inside (which should be easily possible), I try to create a mod, with which this mod could be patched with new furniture-assets. A patch is maybe ideal so to not disturb any state of development of KIMY´s work. MEANS: a patch can be added based on every latest version and comes with a new ESM-file, which has to be edited again on top if a NEW version of this mod appears. The patch will only contain the furniture(s), their textures if necessary, it´s new animations and a new ESM-file. Anyway do I suggest to send this patch to KIMY and she can create an update for you, then.

?

@Kimy

Polite bump ...... ?

36 minutes ago, iprollyneedhelp said:

Is there any specific reason as to why most devices have a VendorNoSale Keyword

It prevents the exploit in which you sell a device that you have equipped, the device script puts it back on you, you sell it again, and repeat.

I had an idea for a new DD theme - Dwemer. I know the idea is not new, but I was thinking actual DD items. There could be gags, blindfolds, belts, armbinders etc with this theme. If you consider the fact that the dwarves were inventors, it's even lore-friendly. It would require a lot of work though, since it needs new meshes and not just retexturing of existing models. But there are already a few mods that have done something similar for armor, like this one:

On 6/7/2017 at 5:25 PM, LazyBoot said:

Weird, the extreme ones should be using the same files as the normal (not elegant) ones...

And yes, I'm fairly sure the Leather/Ebonite HobbleDress ( and "open") ones should be the right ones.

Could you check in the "Meshes\devious\devices" folder if you have both the "_0.nif" and "_1.nif" files for "kimydress", "kimydress_eb", "kimydress_open" and "kimydress_eb_open"?

Sorry to necro thread this but, I just had the same issue. I followed the advice given above and lo' and behold... I only have kimydress_eb_go, kimydress_eb_transparent_0 and 1, and kimydress_go. So checked all my DDx, DDa and DDi files and none of them have the "_0.nif" and "_1.nif" files for "kimydress", "kimydress_eb", "kimydress_open" and "kimydress_eb_open"?. Also missing are the skirt and straight jacket same as above. Only the ground one is there"_go". Oh and neither does DD 5.1 <--- this is why I'm posting this here as well.

6 hours ago, Celticwolf369 said:
  On 6/7/2017 at 5:25 PM, LazyBoot said:

Weird, the extreme ones should be using the same files as the normal (not elegant) ones...

And yes, I'm fairly sure the Leather/Ebonite HobbleDress ( and "open") ones should be the right ones.

Could you check in the "Meshes\devious\devices" folder if you have both the "_0.nif" and "_1.nif" files for "kimydress", "kimydress_eb", "kimydress_open" and "kimydress_eb_open"?

Sorry to necro thread this but, I just had the same issue. I followed the advice given above and lo' and behold... I only have kimydress_eb_go, kimydress_eb_transparent_0 and 1, and kimydress_go. So checked all my DDx, DDa and DDi files and none of them have the "_0.nif" and "_1.nif" files for "kimydress", "kimydress_eb", "kimydress_open" and "kimydress_eb_open"?. Also missing are the skirt and straight jacket same as above. Only the ground one is there"_go". Oh and neither does DD 5.1 <--- this is why I'm posting this here as well.

Many _0 and _1 outfit nifs are not there until you batch build the outfits in bodyslide. That particular outfit is one of them, and so are the straitjackets.

20 hours ago, zarantha said:

Many _0 and _1 outfit nifs are not there until you batch build the outfits in bodyslide. That particular outfit is one of them, and so are the straitjackets.

Weird, I should have stated that I've already run bodyslide multiple times and these were my findings after the fact. 

Edit: and yes, I am using the latest version of bodyslide.

7 hours ago, Celticwolf369 said:

Weird, I should have stated that I've already run bodyslide multiple times and these were my findings after the fact. 

Edit: and yes, I am using the latest version of bodyslide.

Do you have a bodyslide output folder? I'd expect those files to be in that path in the output folder or overwrite, not back in the mod itself. NMM is the only one I know where you wouldn't have the output folder.

And I've seen issues with bodyslide not outputting to expected paths, it's usually a bodyslide config issue. If you select one outfit your have an issue with and just build that, it should show you the path it's going to.

Looks like some bad meshes were packed with BRRF. These are both 1k and don't show up in game.

Devious Devices LE 5.1\04 BeastRaces Core\meshes\devious\Heretic\Restraints\HR_ChainHarness_kha_0.nif

Devious Devices LE 5.1\04 BeastRaces Core\meshes\devious\Heretic\Restraints\HR_ChainHarness_kha_1.nif

4 hours ago, zarantha said:

Looks like some bad meshes were packed with BRRF. These are both 1k and don't show up in game.

Devious Devices LE 5.1\04 BeastRaces Core\meshes\devious\Heretic\Restraints\HR_ChainHarness_kha_0.nif

Devious Devices LE 5.1\04 BeastRaces Core\meshes\devious\Heretic\Restraints\HR_ChainHarness_kha_1.nif

Are you sure? I just downloaded the .7z file fresh and the .nifs are 223 bytes.

image.png.a0e020a6e8b506cd7845d33f97526439.png

Keep in mind that these small (empty) nifs were placed deliberately so BodySlide overwrites them, which makes mod managers remove the files more cleanly if Devious Devices is uninstalled.

4 hours ago, Skullered said:

Are you sure? I just downloaded the .7z file fresh and the .nifs are 223 bytes.

image.png.a0e020a6e8b506cd7845d33f97526439.png

Keep in mind that these small (empty) nifs were placed deliberately so BodySlide overwrites them, which makes mod managers remove the files more cleanly if Devious Devices is uninstalled.

I do see that size in the archive, but that's not the extracted size.

image.png.58bd6e1d0366abca1f45dfc83aec3515.png

I redownloaded yesterday and didn't do anything other than extract to be sure, since I thought it might have been a conversion issue. I didn't see bodyslides for the body, just for the collars.

There's a bodyslides for the human/elf body chain harness, and argonians use that, but not the khajiit one. Maybe it's a missing bodyslide then?

image.png.0d80147349b04c2e5f81cb535f9a2ee4.png

image.png.2ff236c3987a0153822483475a8ffc53.png

Here's the BRRF bodyslide slidersets collapsed:

Spoiler

image.png.5555efdfa55b730a999890abf94a37ad.png

image.png.29f0fe16f27b5002f15e019e28d6ae68.png

5 minutes ago, Nalessa said:

I'm using nmm to install but keep getting stuck at 34% and says a problem occurred during install, anyone know how to fix this?

Already tried running as admin and turning off antivirus.

NMM is like that. It's one of the reasons I ditched it years ago. If you aren't getting errors, all you can do is reboot or keep retrying.

Manual install is also a workaround, but I wouldn't recommend it with a fomod.

It's not an issue with this mod, you might try asking on some NMM related threads or forums. Or switch to Vortex or MO2.

15 hours ago, zarantha said:

Do you have a bodyslide output folder? I'd expect those files to be in that path in the output folder or overwrite, not back in the mod itself. NMM is the only one I know where you wouldn't have the output folder.

And I've seen issues with bodyslide not outputting to expected paths, it's usually a bodyslide config issue. If you select one outfit your have an issue with and just build that, it should show you the path it's going to.

Issue resolved! (and yes I had the output folders setup in bodyslide settings, thanks for having me double check!) I completely uninstalled and deleted DDa 3.0e, DDi 4.3a, DDx 4.3a and DD 5.1 AIO. Re-downloaded and installed. I now have build options that were not listed before and now everything is showing like it should. 

Should have just done that in the first place... ?

5 hours ago, zarantha said:

I redownloaded yesterday and didn't do anything other than extract to be sure, since I thought it might have been a conversion issue. I didn't see bodyslides for the body, just for the collars.

There's a bodyslides for the human/elf body chain harness, and argonians use that, but not the khajiit one. Maybe it's a missing bodyslide then?

The slider files for the chain harness are stored in the 'core' package, instead of CBBE and UUNP. The vanilla chain harness functions much the same way, it's built independent of what body type you are using.

11 hours ago, Skullered said:

The slider files for the chain harness are stored in the 'core' package, instead of CBBE and UUNP. The vanilla chain harness functions much the same way, it's built independent of what body type you are using.

Edit: Finally found it - I was looking in the wrong core.  Sorry for the confusion.