31 minutes ago, Thornagar said:

Do I replace every DD before with this? like intergration, assets and extension?

Yes. For minimizing the chance for potential issues, uninstall the DD4 versions first instead of putting this on top of them though.

As for adding more animations to DDc items, could more of Billyy's furniture animations be added to the pack? Considering how his bondage sex animations for the yokes and such are already included.

From the preview page, animations for the pillory and Xcross seem like would fit.

Since we're already talking Billyy's animations his armbinder animations would be a big upgrade. Then you can remove SpaceHamster's old animations, because they are boring. I tried deleting them, but the framework picks them anyway and it's frustrating.

Another improvement would be if DD just searched for animations with the armbinder keyword and gave you a list of all to cycle between, instead of just randomly picking one that you're stuck with. Other mods gives you a lot of available animations for a scene, so why can't DD do it? I was thinking about making some new armbinder animations myself, but I'm reluctant to do it while the framework works like this.

I saw some people were having some troubles with harnesses.
I posted a few days/weeks earlier too, but got no answer, so I'm posting it again.

I'm playing as a male argonian and it seems harnesses don't work on him. When I try to equip it, two things happen: if it's a body harness, a collar correspond to the harness' one appear around my character's neck and his crotch disappear (probably because SOS considers it's covered). If it's an unlocked harness, nothing appear on my character.
It only happens with these harnesses, I don't have the problem with rope harnesses or chain harnesses.

Does anyone know what causes this? Can it be a problem from my installation of the mod, or my load order?

On 3/2/2021 at 3:37 PM, CaptainJ03 said:

Uhmm... HexBolt8 already answered this in detail - but honestly: unchecking anything mid-game will make your game crash in your face.

I don't really remember which questions were asked during the installing procedure, but as I will never play a cat, a lizard or a hulk, I happily ignored all the optional content and ran in no problems at all.

This is untrue.  The game will not always blow up in your face if you remove something mid game.  Some things will cause this, others will not.  You have to be careful about what is removed and how it is removed.

2 hours ago, slvsaris said:

Please remove the remnants of the Forbidden Bookshelf quest so people do not spend an hour trying to figure out why the quest did not start only to find out the quest was removed in an earlier version of DD.

This came up ages ago.  @Kimy agreed that that particular remnant part would be left in to allow those that wanted it to continue to have key crafting ability at forges, as that matches up with some gameplay styles. 

There are a number of other mods geared up to those that would also not be as effective without the player having that ability. 

If you don't want that, you just don't have to do it.  If you think the optionality and purpose are not well enough 'signposted', you can always ask Kimy to maybe try to make it clearer

Hope that helps

9 hours ago, Mercor said:

I saw some people were having some troubles with harnesses.
I posted a few days/weeks earlier too, but got no answer, so I'm posting it again.

I'm playing as a male argonian and it seems harnesses don't work on him. When I try to equip it, two things happen: if it's a body harness, a collar correspond to the harness' one appear around my character's neck and his crotch disappear (probably because SOS considers it's covered). If it's an unlocked harness, nothing appear on my character.
It only happens with these harnesses, I don't have the problem with rope harnesses or chain harnesses.

Does anyone know what causes this? Can it be a problem from my installation of the mod, or my load order?

Did you enable Devious Devices for Him when installing? If yes, did you put Devious Devices - BRRF.esp AFTER Devious Devices for Him.esp in your load order? It needs to be for the items to show up correctly.

image.png.a6f1865185b57fdc8ae884c7318f9613.png

Otherwise another mod could be overriding the changes, you'd have to check in xEdit (TES5Edit) to see if it's conflicting with anything.

3 hours ago, donkeywho said:

This came up ages ago.  @Kimy agreed that that particular remnant part would be left in to allow those that wanted it to continue to have key crafting ability at forges, as that matches up with some gameplay styles. 

There are a number of other mods geared up to those that would also not be as effective without the player having that ability. 

If you don't want that, you just don't have to do it.  If you think the optionality and purpose are not well enough 'signposted', you can always ask Kimy to maybe try to make it clearer

Hope that helps

Seems to me that there is a better way to add key forging ability.  Having the remnants left in without any explanation is not cool, especially when people waste time trying to figure out why it is broken.

6 hours ago, Skullered said:

Did you enable Devious Devices for Him when installing? If yes, did you put Devious Devices - BRRF.esp AFTER Devious Devices for Him.esp in your load order? It needs to be for the items to show up correctly.

Otherwise another mod could be overriding the changes, you'd have to check in xEdit (TES5Edit) to see if it's conflicting with anything.

Thanks a lot for your answer!

I checked my load order, and I do load BRRF after For Him, so the problem isn't here.
I wanted to check the file you were talking about, but I can't find it. Can you tell me where it is?

4 hours ago, slvsaris said:

Seems to me that there is a better way to add key forging ability.  Having the remnants left in without any explanation is not cool, especially when people waste time trying to figure out why it is broken.

Maybe so.  And if it's not as clear as it might be for newbies, or even oldies, including those of us who actually played the original quest years ago, then that probably does need addressed.  You could maybe write some explanatory text for @Kimy , extolling the merits of the challenge as a means to heightening the depths of the Deviously Depraved game experience, for her to include on the front page?  No?

But the good thing about the present arrangement is that it makes you work for it, by having to journey almost as far from the standard game start point is possible.  If there were another way, that didn't just make it easy, or take away from the difficulty, by say, adding a simple crafting spell, or placing a book on Lucan's counter, fine

When someone comes up with some alternative, that keeps the game as hard as it is, OK

?

EDIT: Found the solution. It's "breastNodeManagement_var" setting from TRUE to FALSE -> breast size normal again.

Hi.

I'm currently trying to debug a breast deforming issue in my savegame. I was able to narrow down the issue to a specifc saved script instance in my savefile, but I don't know which data value is actually causing the breast deforming issue visible in the first post of this thread. I assume it happened because of a chastity bra, which is not anymore worn, but the effect is still present.

I was able to fix the issue by deleting the following script instance via ReSaver:

Devious Devices - Integration.esm -> Script Instances -> Z -> zadconfig

But as 218 data entries are saved there, it's quite time-consuming to check all of them via try&error (changing value and then check in game if it was successful). Unfortunately I'm not able to copy and paste the full list of datalines here.

"Zadconfig" seems to be a central scriptinstance, saving various essential settings of progress. I want to avoid simply deleting/reseting all of them.

Does anyone know, which dataline in "zadconfig" needs to be changed? And to which value, to reset it simply.

1 hour ago, Letizya said:

EDIT: Found the solution. It's "breastNodeManagement_var" setting from TRUE to FALSE -> breast size normal again.

You can turn off breast node resizing with bras from the MCM, it might have even been off by default.

If it happens again you should just try equipping and unequipping bra again to fix it. As to why it happened for you, probably script lag. You may have too much going on in the background of your game that you wouldn't even be aware of.

Is there a patch or something that prohibits the player from turning into a vampire lord while wearing armbinders/yokes/manacles? I'm using Sacrosanct vampire overhaul, and it kind of breaks some of the fun, when you can just change form, and continue as nothing happened. 
I've also noticed that if I do change into vampire lord, and then back, the arm animations for the wrist restraints will not work. As in, my character is still technically restrained by the device but her arms are free from the animation. 

On 3/14/2021 at 4:55 AM, Skullered said:

Thanks again for your answer.
I posted a message before but noticed only later I was dumb, so I'll update it now.

My load order is correct, so I am trying to check with TES5Edit but I don't really know how I'm supposed to search for conflicts. In theory, what should be the conflicted object in DD? Should I serach other mods sharing the same FormID to know if it's conflicting?

35 minutes ago, Mercor said:

Thanks again for your answer.
I posted a message before but noticed only later I was dumb, so I'll update it now.

My load order is correct, so I am trying to check with TES5Edit but I don't really know how I'm supposed to search for conflicts. In theory, what should be the conflicted object in DD? Should I serach other mods sharing the same FormID to know if it's conflicting?

TES5Edit highlights categories and names with yellow or red colors when they conflict. (You may need to "Apply filter for cleaning", i just don't remember exactly.)

But i don't know of any mods that have BRRF or DD For Him as a dependency so you should be safe. Main conflict you need to worry about is missing masters:

Spoiler

miss_masters.png.e846ea2f7c89605ed334772d888139b0.png

If you don't use Mod Organizer 2 then at least I can say no more. Vortex may not be as manageable as it. You can't ever make an unrecoverable mistake with MO2 because of how modular it is.