[mod] Carnalitas - Unified Sex Mod Framework for CK3

I couldn't wait for the features in Toggle Big Character Portrait to be implemented into Carnalitas, so I hacked together a rough patch that should work as a temporary solution. I'm not an experienced modder, so I have no clue if this will break your game but I have play-tested about 1~2 hours with no game-breaking issue (plenty of graphical oddities though).

Requirements:

To Install:

• Download toggle_big_character_portrait_patch_v2.zip
  • Copy the contents into the steam workshop folder for Toggle Big Character Portrait
  • You should get a prompt to overwrite hud.gui and window_character.gui, click yes.

Load Order:

Known Issues:

• Turns all Norse characters into phantoms on the new Flavor Pack. (It's a bug with the Character Portrait Mod, I don't have the know-how to patch this)
  • Invisible icons in GUI, background missing from bottom bar (mostly fixed)
  • Characters missing in event window (seems fixed if placed after Sex Animations, More Character Shapes, and Models for Easier Animation in the load order but you wont be able to have the animations)

Changelog:

V2 - toggle_big_character_portrait_patch_v2.zip

• Fixed the missing icons in HUD

V1 - toggle_big_character_portrait_patch.zip

• Initial version

Results:

image.png.af6146771e02d854f7aff48dc28d1180.png

image.png.1eecc65d4565dfae3bdaad0ce5e298c9.png

Edited by Tempmania

"Hey, that cool new Viking DLC is out for CKIII is out, I should check to see if those smart people behind Carnalitas managed to get around Futanari characters being able to impregnate women."

CKIII now no longer has Same-Sex concubines.

What the fuck Paradox? It's bad enough that I can't replay the adventures of the Futanari Viking who fathered so many children she made Genghis Khan look sterile. Now I can't even revive the ancient Greek ways of being the big gay.

Did Pdox mess up something for Carnalitas?

Played over the weekend until now, as CK III updated for me some hours ago.

Was annoying as my saves were invalid while I restored zoroastrian Persia...

Well, updated this mod and mundi (only 2 mods I use) and restarted my conquest - then noticed when I tried to pull off the stunt to also create a new faith that "sacred prostituion" is missing and checked further: Seems like nothing is loading for create/reform a religion.

Does Carnalitas alone change that or Carnalitas Mundi?

Futa chars, making love, enslavement and so on is functioning totally normal.

Checked playset, seems fine - as far as someone can trust this mess of a launcher.

If anyone knows help I would be really grateful!

Greetings, Ali

Edit:

Nevermind, stumbled over Carnalitas Dei.

Everything is back.

Didn't see this at first.

So let my "Dumbness" stay here as hint if someone has a similiar problem.

Only thing is I have to restart my zoroatrian Conquest of Persia... thx pdox...

19 hours ago, SW84 said:

short question:

carn_i_gain_fetish_sadism_effect: "You gain a sadism [fetish|E]"
 carn_i_gained_fetish_sadism_effect: "You gained a sadism [fetish|E]"

[fetish|E]" -> is theese for plural?

Is it necessity to work or optional?

When something is in brackets like this or part of a code structure, it should not be translated, because the code is in English only.

When update to Carnalitas 1.4.1, there is some problem about the localization(translation).

Many text can't display normally.

But when I use the old version localization file (Carnalitas 1.4) replace the new one, the text show normally.

I am using simp_chinese language.

Hope this information can help you find the cause of the problem.

1 hour ago, johnsonbro said:

When update to Carnalitas 1.4.1, there is some problem about the localization(translation).

Many text can't display normally.

But when I use the old version localization file (Carnalitas 1.4) replace the new one, the text show normally.

I am using simp_chinese language.

Hope this information can help you find the cause of the problem.

Same here, I thought it might be caused by BOM issue. Hope it could be fixed in next patch. Still, thanks for Cheri and lonelyneet's effort.

5 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

Pretty sure this is the base game being derpy and not this mod, but I had this happen today and wanted to share. My soulmate cheated on me!

20210324162004_1.jpg

With herself?

Yeah I had that yesterday when playing. Wife was cheating with herself.
Did you also find the secret that she is incestuous? 

On 3/23/2021 at 8:40 PM, Yurrii_The_Shark said:

"Hey, that cool new Viking DLC is out for CKIII is out, I should check to see if those smart people behind Carnalitas managed to get around Futanari characters being able to impregnate women."

CKIII now no longer has Same-Sex concubines.

What the fuck Paradox? It's bad enough that I can't replay the adventures of the Futanari Viking who fathered so many children she made Genghis Khan look sterile. Now I can't even revive the ancient Greek ways of being the big gay.

paradox goes out of their way to crush stuff if china is asking, china has recently been performing a bunch of crackdowns on homosexuals and minorities of any kind (after observing how well they work as a weapon to destabilize the west) killing off same sex concubines is just a part of that, hell china is not allowed to be in the game because it can be conquered if it was, and the Chinese government took offence to that back when the Jade Dragon came to CK2 so now china is only ever an end game conquer that steamrolls everything to please the Chinese government, this is just another step on the appease china road lol

5 hours ago, Cozza said:

Yeah I had that yesterday when playing. Wife was cheating with herself.
Did you also find the secret that she is incestuous? 

Scandalous!

No I didn't find the secret, but that makes the story even funnier! This goes in the vault of funny stories brought to you by CK3 along with my 0 year old son being a serial killer, who murdered several people including his own mother before he could walk.

I just found Carnalitas after playing a character for 20 game years. Is their any way to alter the game rules so this mod is active?

I tried changing all of the values in the save file (e.g. carn_sex_interaction_disabled --> carn_sex_interaction_enabled) but when I load that save and hit 'Esc' to view the game rules below the main menu, it still shows all of the Carnalitas choices as disabled ?

I edited BOTH sets of "game_rules" in the save file, BTW.

Is there a way short of starting a new game? Thank you!

This is the first time this has happened to me but my wife became a prositute? for some reason. She has no lands or anything she is also not lustful or anything so I dont understand how she became it? I recently added  two mods Intimate encounters and Carnalitas Dominatio are those two mods the cause? or am I just missing something??

On 3/26/2021 at 11:58 PM, ghost123 said:

This is the first time this has happened to me but my wife became a prositute? for some reason. She has no lands or anything she is also not lustful or anything so I dont understand how she became it? I recently added  two mods Intimate encounters and Carnalitas Dominatio are those two mods the cause? or am I just missing something??

Carnalitas Dominatio random event

On 3/28/2021 at 3:48 AM, zentg said:

hey guys how do you actually get sex scenes and fetishes and stuff? i got the mod and all im able to do is rape and make love :/ 

Intimate Encounters adds some random events and an orgy activity. I haven't seen any fetish specific mods.

Thanks for the mod, by the way, Cheri! I'm teaching myself how to mod using this and Intimate Encounters. Can anyone answer a general modding question? How can I trigger an event when someone in my court gets pregnant? It looks like there's a way to do that built into Carnalitas but it only functions with Carnalitas custom pregnancies, right?

Great mod Cheri!  Thank you for all the effort ?

One tiny request that should be fairly simple (I think)

New lifestyle trait Virginity with a significant learning bonus like maybe +4 as a desirable attribute. 

(One of the reasons we have our age of consent trend higher as we progress through the ages... it's important for development and growth}

The trait could easily be removed on accept for copulation... 

This would also encourage keeping clergy chaste and give you a decision as to how long you wish to remain chaste to boost your learning depending on your life role.

Just a wishlist item ?

ETA: or just have copulation remove the  personality trait chaste and use that instead.. but making a new attribute might give more options.  Dunno.. designers choice ;)

SO no sure where to postit, but i think that this mod has a huge bug, aka it's making Akan characters spawn everywhere. Beofe someone ask, i kept trying to find why so many characters (almost all males) where Akans, but not where they should be. Like a lot of temples held by Akan (Insert every religions here's), a few mayors and even a duke. I was sure that it was another one of my workshop mods not being compatibles, so i tried all of te combinations, but like a dumb guy i never bothered to remove Carnalitas mods. Then i removed all of theoutdated mods (Even Carnalitas ones) and it still showed up. But after reading the log, i found out what my problem was.

Spoiler

[00:18:50][pdx_persistent_reader.cpp:229]: Error: "Unknown trigger type: high_pregnancy_chance, near line: 12
" in file: " file: events/cc_prostitution_events.txt line: 20; carn_had_sex_with_effect" near line: 12
[00:18:50][pdx_persistent_reader.cpp:229]: Error: "Unknown trigger type: high_pregnancy_chance, near line: 25
" in file: " file: events/cc_prostitution_events.txt line: 20; carn_had_sex_with_effect" near line: 25

Okay when i finished my test the new error log no longer show the line that put me on the god place, but it talked about an error witht he culture of a character in the cc_prostitution_events.txt files. And there's a lot of errors from that file showing up, 42 if my Notepad++ is right.

So i disable prostitution, and after ten years ingame, no out of place Akan characters, while with Prostitution On, after two years theres a lot of them (my last test had a bt over 50 of them, almost all temple owners or spiritualist council member).  So maybe the bug is somewhere else, but im not kidding that i tried everything else and this was the first time that something worked. 

2 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

Absolute cowards at PDX deleted the patch and any mention of it, honestly shameful.

Yeah, unless they own up to what they've done, explain it, and give us a good prospect of them actually fixing it -- and soon -- I'm done.  I'm not going to be playing a game where the devs go out of their way to be homophobic, especially after they lured us in to thinking they'd be better about it.