[mod] Carnalitas - Unified Sex Mod Framework for CK3

1 hour ago, CobraPL said:

Awaiting 1.3 compatibility.

It's already compatible. If you want to make the warning go away edit the .mod file in Notepad++. Change supported_version="1.2.*" to supported_version="1.3.*". Voila you got the warning message to go away.

4 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

Carnalitas and Historical Slavery Doctrines have been updated to be compatible with 1.3. We haven't tested extensively yet, so if you see any lingering bugs let us know.

That was much faster than I expected =D   

It's nice to see this game has such dedicated mod authors.  I definitely am glad I bought this game recently.  Thanks Cheri!

Update: I've found that same-sex concubinage is no longer possible in CK3 1.3. This is honestly really upsetting but there's nothing I can do about it as a mod author, so the broken same-sex concubinage interactions will be removed from Carnalitas in the next update.

4 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

Update: I've found that same-sex concubinage is no longer possible in CK3 1.3. This is honestly really upsetting but there's nothing I can do about it as a mod author, so the broken same-sex concubinage interactions will be removed from Carnalitas in the next update.

That is really frustrating.  Add that on top of the pre-existing hardcoding against gay marriage, and I'm not happy at all with Paradox right now.  I think I'll be taking a break from CK3 until they reverse this.  (Just when I was starting to write some Carnalitas-linked sex scenes for my BPB mod, too...)

1 hour ago, Los_op said:

May I ask you to modify the probability of being raped. In my Nordic role, I often receive reports of my family being raped by guests. How can I reduce the probability of this, or turn off the option of being raped?

The only rape interaction included by Carnalitas is one to rape a prisoner in your dungeon. It sounds like you have another mod that's causing this issue.

It seems that even with it being the only mod installed/running, there is nothing showing up in game rules. I even created a new playset but to no avail. 

Language of the game and launcher is both in English. 

Spoiler

20210319192537_1.jpg.ac718f1075a792656d29fde1e1c4bb18.jpg

I joined loverslab several years ago for skyrim mods. This community has never failed me in all this time. All of you mod crafters in Loverslab are true heros. Making such wonderous mods in various games for all of us degenerates. I love you guys.

So i'm having a bit of trouble figuring out which carnalitas mod is causing my ui to disappear. Does anyone have an educated guess?

edit: DUUUUUHHHHHH I feel soo stuuupid. It's the arousal framework mod, i forgot it adds an arousal bar, Is anyone else having this issue?

On 3/6/2021 at 10:56 PM, Mange2020 said:

You would need to hook it up to an on_action. So you would probably want to create an on action say "on_set_player_pregnancy_gender." And set it to be triggered only if either the father or mother are the player.

on_set_player_pregnancy_gender = {
                       trigger = {
                                          Or = {
                                             scope:father = { is_ai = no }
                                             scope:mother = { is_ai = no }
                                                  }

}

effect = {
                                          set_pregnancy_gender = whatever
                                      }
}

And then you would need to nest it in another hardcoded on_action to allow it to fire. Probably on_pregnancy_mother.

on_pregnancy_mother = {
                         on_actions = {
                                             on_set_player_pregnancy_gender
                                               }
}

I just quick typed this up in a few seconds so don't know if it would work exactly as written but something like this. Essentially you would try to make it so whenever the mother reaches the revealed stage the game checks if the player is one of the parents and if true sets the gender.

Nice, thanks a lot for the help! Let's just hope I have a bit of brain on this.

As already mentioned in this thread. Having satisfactory sex with a spouse that doesn't particularly have a high opinion of you doesn't really make sense, it might be ok for you - all you wanted was release, but what about them? The lower their opinion of you is the less likely they would enjoy it leading to a decrease in opinion, not an increase. (Unless they have deviant trait and corresponding rape fantasies).

In fact they should be able to refuse you, leading you to a decision. To rape or not to rape. Rape would fit an impatient wrathful type, but not a calm patient one. I don't know, do you roleplay to your characters traits? It would be too much work to code all those variables. Whatever your decision it will have consequences.

Rape? Spouse -40 opinion, and by the time the raven with her message reaches home her family is pissed off too! (Though I can imagine a father with an impatient, wrathful nature might think they got exactly what they deserved as he always thought they were a pretentious little cunt/prick anyway = +10 opinion of you. :D  ) Again, too much coding.

Don't rape? Spouse rethinks their opinion, increase of +5 - +15 opinion.

Which brings me to the last point. We have too many people to sway for you only to be able to run one sway at a time. I'm not great at multi-tasking in the period of an hour but over 3 - 6 months? Of course I could work on two or three people at once. My spouse needs to see me in a better light as does that stuffed shirt priest, I swear he's sucking the altar boy's cock in the confessional, fucking hypocrite, and I can't trust my own spymaster!!

Maybe your lover, if you have one, could be persuaded to run a sway with you/on your behalf. Trap the Priest or Spymaster, perhaps subtly work on your spouse whilst running them a bath or doing their hair. (Uh-oh, your lover now fucks the spymaster too and is working for him!!)

Ok, so I'm getting way too complicated there but the possibilities are so rich and endless.

PS: Is Paradox homophobic? What have they got against same sex marriage or would they claim purely historical reasoning?

57 minutes ago, RebelX said:

As already mentioned in this thread. Having satisfactory sex with a spouse that doesn't particularly have a high opinion of you doesn't really make sense, it might be ok for you - all you wanted was release, but what about them? The lower their opinion of you is the less likely they would enjoy it leading to a decrease in opinion, not an increase. (Unless they have deviant trait and corresponding rape fantasies).

In fact they should be able to refuse you, leading you to a decision. To rape or not to rape. Rape would fit an impatient wrathful type, but not a calm patient one. I don't know, do you roleplay to your characters traits? It would be too much work to code all those variables. Whatever your decision it will have consequences.

Rape? Spouse -40 opinion, and by the time the raven with her message reaches home her family is pissed off too! (Though I can imagine a father with an impatient, wrathful nature might think they got exactly what they deserved as he always thought they were a pretentious little cunt/prick anyway = +10 opinion of you. :D  ) Again, too much coding.

Don't rape? Spouse rethinks their opinion, increase of +5 - +15 opinion.

Which brings me to the last point. We have too many people to sway for you only to be able to run one sway at a time. I'm not great at multi-tasking in the period of an hour but over 3 - 6 months? Of course I could work on two or three people at once. My spouse needs to see me in a better light as does that stuffed shirt priest, I swear he's sucking the altar boy's cock in the confessional, fucking hypocrite, and I can't trust my own spymaster!!

Maybe your lover, if you have one, could be persuaded to run a sway with you/on your behalf. Trap the Priest or Spymaster, perhaps subtly work on your spouse whilst running them a bath or doing their hair. (Uh-oh, your lover now fucks the spymaster too and is working for him!!)

Ok, so I'm getting way too complicated there but the possibilities are so rich and endless.

PS: Is Paradox homophobic? What have they got against same sex marriage or would they claim purely historical reasoning?

This is what it says in the game code notes over their trigger that restricts marriage and concubinage to opposite sex couples. (If you change the trigger it doesn't unlock same sex marriage which is hardcoded into the matchmaker system in the gui but it unlocks same sex concubines, but as of the update it throws an error and prevents that too).

"#Opposite genders only, for as long as childbirth is the only way of passing on your dynasty"

Which is . . . so dumb. Like how hard would it be to have same sex spouses and then have a surrogate slot. You could even have the same mechanics as concubines for the surrogate. The game already allows you to have secret parents. So why not bio moms and dads as well?

TLDR the Paradox coders apparently don't know how surrogacy works. 

1 hour ago, SW84 said:

I have a problem with the german translation. No problems with english language settings.

Any Ideas how i can fix the problem? Thanks a lot.

Carnalitas does not support German localization at this time. Someone offered to do German translation for us but they vanished and haven't updated their translation in a long time. If you know somebody who can help, let us know.

short question:

carn_i_gain_fetish_sadism_effect: "You gain a sadism [fetish|E]"
 carn_i_gained_fetish_sadism_effect: "You gained a sadism [fetish|E]"

[fetish|E]" -> is theese for plural?

Is it necessity to work or optional?