[mod] Carnalitas - Unified Sex Mod Framework for CK3

does anyone knows if there is a mod that allows you to force marriages that work with a females lead or something like that cause there are some isues sometimes like the fact that I cannot married some people cause of no reason it literally doesn not let me, or at least a command that let me do that 

Hello, I'm trying to play Carnalitas with Comunity Flavor Mod and it just stay in load while trying to create the map, does anyone know why? and if there is a way to make them both work? 

Edit: I read a few comments seems like some people had an eternal loading problem with Carnalitas, but to me this only happens if it's Carnalitas and Comunity Flavor Mod or Ethnicities & Portraits Expanded, and I'm sure of this since I've restarted 100 times to check where the mistake was, it doesn't seem to crash and it's still responding so something in the loading between Carnnalitas and Ethnicities & Portraits Expanded/Comunity Flavor is causing a problem, I even thought maybe it's just my PC being slow but after almost an hour of waiting nothing happens.

Edited by tnbBoss

@seathros Same sex marriage has been pushed back to the release of the royal court DLC patch. 1.4 only allow same-sex concubinage. It was indeed initially announced for 1.4 but they changed names of some patches, so the 1.4 we got was not supposed to be called 1.4 but rather some kind of 1.32 or whatnot and Royal court was supposed to be 1.4.

Long story short, 1.4 allowed same-sex concubinage, Royal Court's patch should allow same-sex marriage.

Edited by Trioculus

I believe the CK3 launcher is bugged. The sex animations mod didn't have a valid descriptor even though it did, but Carnalitas did have a valid descriptor. I was experimenting and decided to take the "s" out of Carnalitas on the mod folder to see if I get the same error, and I do. The only issue is that when I put the s back onto the folder name the error persisted on the launcher. Now after doing a fresh reinstall of the mods, this error is still here for Carnalitas. This leads me to believe the CK3 launcher is bugged.

• 2 weeks later...

i see that same-sex concubinage is supposed to be possible now but i’m not able to do it. Should I put Carnalitas and associated mods at the bottom of the load order to see if that rectifies the issue? or what should I be looking for? When I click on a female chara (as my female ruler with a religion that allows concubinage for women), I don’t see an option to take her as a concubine or see her on the marriage drop down

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 11:58 PM, DecaySociety said:

Is there a chance that turning off Lovers Pox in the game rules could cause the characters who would have gotten it to get the Malnourished trait instead?

No, the code just disables the effect, doesn't replace it.

Edited by bunt776

So I’ve downloaded it and I’ve actually done it twice to make sure I didn’t mess anything up but it’s not working. I’m pretty sure I’ve followed all the instructions on installation and load order to the letter but the base carnal it as mod just doesn’t seem to work. I have the add ones downloaded and they seem to work like I can host orgies and have the sex meter but the romance/seduce options are permanently grayed out and none of the new traits exist. Has anyone had this happen? Can anyone offer any advice? I’m on Mac btw but I don’t think that should effect anything.

8 hours ago, Robathon said:

Has this mod been abandoned?  Judging from the comments it doesn't seem to work with the latest version of the game.

1. No, the mod has not been abandoned. This was the last update the author gave us:

Still here, just been busy and not feeling well.

For a better look at activity, the Carnalitas Discord Server might be your friend. A lot of adult modders are simply waiting for a) the next DLC (same-sex marriage and other modding improvements, also 3D court) and b) Character Body Overhaul to reach a satisfying state so more scenes can be built with it in mind.

2. The mod works just fine with the current 1.4.4 (Azure) patch. Refer to the Git Repository (Source Code and Latest Downloads) if you want to download it and integrate it into one of your playsets. Remember, this is a framework. It mostly just offers support for other mods such as Carnal Consequences or Intimate Encounters. Also, where you put it in your load order might affect aspects of it. Try to put it after all non-adult mods but before all other adult mods.

On 9/18/2021 at 9:24 PM, humans_are_people said:

When i unzip carnalitas 1.5.2, i get a folder called Carnalitas and a ugc thing called Carnalitas, nothing called Carnalitas.mod . when i put either in my mod folder it shows the mod in my "all installed mods" but i cant find it in my playset. what do i do?

Where are you downloading Carnalitas from? I just checked the official GitGud download for the latest version (1.5.2), and it works just fine (i.e. it contains the folder and .mod file for Carnalitas).

Should GitGud be a bit confusing for you (and the link I gave you not work):

Once on the Carnalitas page, make sure to hover over Deployments on the very left side of your screen and under Deployments click on Releases. You will now see a page with all releases this mod ever had. Usually, only the top most one is of any interest (currently Carnalitas 1.5.2). There you will find a bunch of links saying stuff like Source code or evidence, ignore those. The only link you as a user ever care about is the Download link under Packages (just below the Source code stuff and just above the Evidence collection). After downloading it you should be able to treat it like any other CKIII mod.

If, on the other hand, adding the mod to your Playset is the issue:

Open the Launcher and go to Playsets found on the left most side of the Launcher window. Make sure you have the right Playset selected via the dropdown menu at the top of the window below Log In left of the three dots. Right of these dots there will be a button to add more mods to the Playset you selected. Clicking on it will show all mods currently installed but not part of this very Playset you are looking at right now. Just tick the box on the right side of the Launcher window next to the mod you want to add and click the big green button in the bottom left corner to add all the mods you just selected to your Playset.

Note: ugc simply is the designation .mod files receive when they are downloaded from the Steam Workshop instead of Paradox own modding site or any other source. So you get strange looking things like ugc_2291024373.mod. It still is a .mod file, however. Make sure you have file name extensions shown in your system settings to see (assuming you are using Windows 10, click on View at the top of any explorer window you have open and towards the right side tick File name extensions).

Edited by The Lord
  • 3 weeks later...

I have an odd issue.

When I play a female character the event-box of sex-scenes has the button "I should probably pee." where the males have "And then comes the sweet release."

What's up with the line I get for females? Is this supposed to be this way?

If yes,... why would you do that?

If no, any idea what might be wrong in my setup?

17 hours ago, NoNickNeeded said:

I have an odd issue.

When I play a female character the event-box of sex-scenes has the button "I should probably pee." where the males have "And then comes the sweet release."

What's up with the line I get for females? Is this supposed to be this way?

If yes,... why would you do that?

If no, any idea what might be wrong in my setup?

Must be a different mod that adds the event. Remember, Carnalitas is a framework, it doesn't add any content, and it certainly doesn't add strange things such as this.

You could try enabling/disabling certain mods and see if the issues persist, or search your entire mod folder for the relevant text fragments (notepad++ for example let's you search in text files) to identify the mod.