[mod] Carnalitas - Unified Sex Mod Framework for CK3

On 1/7/2021 at 1:10 AM, Strec said:

I'm impatient to see the LF races in CK3 ;)

TBH this is low on my priority list because I personally don't enjoy playing with fantasy races all that much. For my personal mods I will be focusing on my favorite elements (slutting around, corruption, lesbian/futa content) and leaving other lewd themes for modders who are more passionate about them.

Would have been cool because the only mod currently having fantasy races don't permit to only use the races without all the story.

Note: the "make love" interaction use telepathic impregnation because while raiding far  I can make love with my spouses at the castle ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 7:17 AM, Strec said:

Would have been cool because the only mod currently having fantasy races don't permit to only use the races without all the story.

Note: the "make love" interaction use telepathic impregnation because while raiding far  I can make love with my spouses at the castle ?

Out of curiosity, which mod is that?

Is there a way you can choose how to use your wives and concubines? Like say I want to have kids with my wives but wanna fuck concubines without having a massive amount of kids. Or I don't want heirs but still wanna enjoy my slaves. Maybe do a thing about what holes you use?

I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but I've noticed that there's an issue when it comes to which partner the "make love" interaction selects.  I think it's supposed to be random, but I find it tends to default to one particular partner and just keep going back to them, even when there are other viable options.  I increased the frequency as a test, and I definitely saw heavy repetition.

In the file common\important_actions\action_carn_can_sex_interaction.txt file, I switched 

save_scope_as = sexable_partner

to 

save_temporary_scope_as = sexable_partner

and that seemed to select a broader range.  Assuming I'm reading the documentation correctly, save_scope_as wasn't being cleared between actions, and save_temporary_scope_as does that automatically.

So if it's a bug, that's how I fixed it.  And if it's a feature, feel free to ignore.

carn_former_slave_or_slave_owner_opinion is missing its localization.

The "Freed me from slavery" opinion also fires if you enslave someone and then immediately free them.  I'm not sure if that's intended, it negates most of the original enslavement penalty.

I've been playing with Carnalitas Mundi for a bit, and I like it.

Some of my thoughts on base Carnalitas systems:

Semi-consistent stress gain events are something that should definitely be in the base game. It makes stress something that you have to be consistently dealing with rather than just being "going against the roleplay mana."

The slavery system isn't really worth having on unless you're super into the idea of slavery. Slaves are annoying to get to do anything useful beyond one or two being worthwhile knights. Micromanaging slaves to have them marry so they maybe produce children is annoying, and selling slaves is a pain, especially in bulk while the value for slaves isn't very much. Also, unless it gets massively better with higher levels of the prostitute trait the downside to forcing prostitution seems huge compared to the gains you make, especially later in the game when money becomes much more plentiful.

The fetishes system just doesn't seem to come up. I don't know if this is due to the requirements for getting Deviant or the way I play, but even after a good hundred years as Madelinism I just almost never see the trait come up, and I've never gotten the trait myself in a fairly significant amount of time playing in all of CK3.

It's kind of disappointing that the body part traits don't actually do anything.

I like that you are allowed to turn pretty much everything off. It's a good thing to have even for non-sex mods, but it is especially good for sex mods.

I'm not sure what the point of the lactation system is, but I understand that this is supposed to be a framework for adding more lewd content, so it might not have a purpose in base carnalitas and that's okay.

Slaves do move around, and it probably shouldn't happen. It's rather strange having my slaves be knights during wars against me.

That's all I have to say I think. I've been enjoying the mod, even if it seems like I have a lot of complaints.

Edit: Removed doctrine suggestion as that doesn't fit here.

Addition: Also, the Make Love interaction doesn't display the reason Make Love isn't available properly. It just doesn't display any reason.

On 1/26/2021 at 5:38 AM, Arglebargle05 said:

I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but I've noticed that there's an issue when it comes to which partner the "make love" interaction selects.

Noted. This will be fixed in the next Carnalitas release.

On 1/26/2021 at 11:19 AM, bobbily said:

carn_former_slave_or_slave_owner_opinion is missing its localization.

The "Freed me from slavery" opinion also fires if you enslave someone and then immediately free them.  I'm not sure if that's intended, it negates most of the original enslavement penalty.

1. Noted. 2. This is intended behavior, since if you enslave someone for two days and then free them I don't think they would make it that big of a deal in the long run.

On 1/27/2021 at 3:45 PM, Gabe Lincoln said:

Some of my thoughts on base Carnalitas systems

Thanks for your comments.

Slavery is intentionally not very strong as we were wary of breaking the base game's economy. You can still earn a lot of money if you enslave people with good claims or traits.

As you mentioned, prostitution is rather weak by default; there's a reason the average noblewoman did not turn to prostitution to make ends meet. However the feature is there to enable interesting playthroughs, such as the Sacred Prostitution tenet in Carnalitas Mundi which makes prostitution quite strong. It also gets much better if you invest in it and have good traits to rank up faster.

Fetishes, like lactation, are mostly there for other mods to hook into. I imagine that mods will add more ways to become a Deviant which will make the fetish mechanic more interesting.

The body part traits don't do anything because we don't want to stereotype real people with those body types, and we would rather have players pick the body type they prefer, instead of feeling like they are being shoehorned one way or the other for gameplay reasons. You can always pick up the submod that edits body part traits if you want them to have mechanical impact.

Slaves moving around is a bug. We're still not quite sure how it happens.

I will look into the Make Love tooltip.

Thanks for the mod! I seem to be facing a problem: the mod does not manifest itself in the game. I put the files in the "mod" folder and enabled it in the launcher, but nothing changed in the game. Game Rules have not changed. I also turned off other mods. Maybe I missed something?

Hey everyone. Has anyone tried merging carnalitas' window_character.gui with this mods:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2330533826

Specifically, Im trying to keep GUI Beautification's changes from the modifiers tab, up. So, modifiers, religion, culture, traits, skills, all the way up. Plus adding the lactation and fetish elements from Carnalitas. Then using carnalitas' code for all the tabs (house, family, etc)

I've had some experience merging mods manually but this one has been a tough nut for me

On 1/31/2021 at 5:22 PM, seathros said:

Does making a female a futa allow her to impregnate female concubines?

No, this is explained in "Upcoming Features"

On 2/1/2021 at 9:54 AM, Abram982 said:

Thanks for the mod! I seem to be facing a problem: the mod does not manifest itself in the game. I put the files in the "mod" folder and enabled it in the launcher, but nothing changed in the game. Game Rules have not changed. I also turned off other mods. Maybe I missed something?

Check the last question in the FAQ, and make sure your file structure is correct (your "mod" folder should contain a folder called "Carnalitas" and "Carnalitas.mod"). If you've done all of these things, sorry, I can't think of anything else that might help.

On 2/3/2021 at 8:20 AM, lucas182 said:

Hey everyone. Has anyone tried merging carnalitas' window_character.gui with this mods:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2330533826

Specifically, Im trying to keep GUI Beautification's changes from the modifiers tab, up. So, modifiers, religion, culture, traits, skills, all the way up. Plus adding the lactation and fetish elements from Carnalitas. Then using carnalitas' code for all the tabs (house, family, etc)

I've had some experience merging mods manually but this one has been a tough nut for me

Unfortunately this is pretty difficult and we have no plans to maintain compatibility with other GUI mods. Maybe when Paradox fixes their terrible, inflexible GUI modding system.

19 hours ago, JosephShin said:

Wanna ask something. I've installed carnalitas, as well as the simple shafts and slits. On make love interaction my male character is nude, yet his wife is not. How can I fix this?

Also, how can I bu slaves?

The Carnalitas Framework has no control over the specific events that you get from the Make Love interaction. It only provides the framework for mods to add their own events.

You can buy slaves by searching for slaves in the character finder and then right-clicking them. You'll get an option to "Buy Slave."

14 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

No, this is explained in "Upcoming Features"

Check the last question in the FAQ, and make sure your file structure is correct (your "mod" folder should contain a folder called "Carnalitas" and "Carnalitas.mod"). If you've done all of these things, sorry, I can't think of anything else that might help.

Unfortunately this is pretty difficult and we have no plans to maintain compatibility with other GUI mods. Maybe when Paradox fixes their terrible, inflexible GUI modding system.

The Carnalitas Framework has no control over the specific events that you get from the Make Love interaction. It only provides the framework for mods to add their own events.

You can buy slaves by searching for slaves in the character finder and then right-clicking them. You'll get an option to "Buy Slave."

Well, I do know a mod that would let you (You'll need to reform or create a new religion though), its called Celebrate Crimes (Click to go to page). If you press celebrate on "Same-Sex Relations" it will let you have a same sex marriage, but :) nobody wants to touch the pregnancy mechanics, its way too complex (more like spread all over the place) and just to make a mod to let futa's impregnate females would mean copying all that info and changing the variable "male" to the trait name of "futa" or "carn" and the file will be HUGE!!!

Hi, I have some question.

Does the opinion penalty "forced my relatives into blasphemous union" came from this mod? It happened to most of my relatives.

I don't know what cause it and how to remove it (Yes, it does decay overtime but the number is very high, it goes over -100 on some of my relatives.

More information: I am in polygamy marriage, maybe it was this that cause the opinion penalty?

I'm not sure exactly what's wrong. I downloaded the mod, placed it in the mod folder but the launcher doesn't see it. I use steam and have a few mods from steam's workshop that work find in my game but none of the mods I've downloaded manually seem to work. The first image shows my launcher and the screen I get when I click on mods. The 2nd image shows my launcher after I click on Mod Tools. The setup in the launcher that I've seen in vids and on here looks nothing like what I have on my launcher. 

Launcher 1.jpg

Launcher 2.jpg

On 2/7/2021 at 5:14 PM, M4rocks said:

Well, I do know a mod that would let you (You'll need to reform or create a new religion though), its called Celebrate Crimes (Click to go to page). If you press celebrate on "Same-Sex Relations" it will let you have a same sex marriage, but :) nobody wants to touch the pregnancy mechanics, its way too complex (more like spread all over the place) and just to make a mod to let futa's impregnate females would mean copying all that info and changing the variable "male" to the trait name of "futa" or "carn" and the file will be HUGE!!!

I miss read your post for a bit and got a bit excited. "If that's all that's holding it back, then what's the big deal?" However I guess the same limitations from when the game first came out are still there for Futa Fathering. I was hoping that checking back after a few months would have that sorted. Oh well, I'll check back in a few more moths and then maybe I can recreate my CKII game of Freya Longdong the Futanari Viking God who fathered over 1000 children to the point that it took 20 minutes to play one day from all the stuff happening.

On 2/13/2021 at 5:13 AM, JosephShin said:

Would you be able to gather the slave characters under their own tab, just like guests having their own? It would be a real convenience.

I'll put it on the to-do list.

On 2/13/2021 at 12:34 PM, ladyknight19 said:

I'm not sure exactly what's wrong. I downloaded the mod, placed it in the mod folder but the launcher doesn't see it. I use steam and have a few mods from steam's workshop that work find in my game but none of the mods I've downloaded manually seem to work. The first image shows my launcher and the screen I get when I click on mods. The 2nd image shows my launcher after I click on Mod Tools. The setup in the launcher that I've seen in vids and on here looks nothing like what I have on my launcher.

I'm not sure how this is happening, and I am unable to reproduce this because I still see the old launcher. In any case, make sure you followed the install instructions correctly and placed the "Carnalitas" folder and "Carnalitas.mod" file in your mod directory. If this problem continues you may have to ask Paradox tech support instead.

On 2/8/2021 at 6:14 AM, M4rocks said:

Well, I do know a mod that would let you (You'll need to reform or create a new religion though), its called Celebrate Crimes (Click to go to page). If you press celebrate on "Same-Sex Relations" it will let you have a same sex marriage

Celebrate Crimes only allows you to take same-sex consorts, not same-sex spouses.