[mod] Carnalitas - Unified Sex Mod Framework for CK3

There should be an in-game incentive for slavery, something that reflects the real-world incentive for slaves: Its free labor. Maybe they reduce expenses every month, or they make money every month. Then maybe I also wouldn't feel bad for bankrupting my vassals selling them slaves I don't want.

Also, gifting slaves.

On 2/27/2021 at 5:54 AM, dorkmax said:

There should be an in-game incentive for slavery, something that reflects the real-world incentive for slaves: Its free labor. Maybe they reduce expenses every month, or they make money every month.

There's a siege event in vanilla CK3 that allows you to take slaves from a province, increasing the development of one of your provinces. This basically models the "free labor" you're describing.

Carnalitas models a more personal slave trade where you can take slaves as lovers, assign them as knights and councillors, etc. These are all forms of servitude that make a slave valuable in court.

11 hours ago, Stultus said:

Where can I edit the coding that prevents keeping more than 10 slaves?

I'm not gonna do it all for you, but heres the route Carnalitas 1.3.4/common/character_interactions (This will just show a lot of carn_slave files, one must contain the stuff you want)

Also, dang! That license file is HUGE ~674 lines xD, if I ever add a license in my files it will be a CC one (Like CC BY-SA 2.0) and just reference a link

On 3/2/2021 at 12:04 PM, Stultus said:

Where can I edit the coding that prevents keeping more than 10 slaves?

You must be talking about the cap on slave prostitutes. The value is carn_max_slave_prostitutes_per_owner which can be found in common/script_values/carn_slave_prostitution_values.txt

My English isn't the best, so I don't play this game in English. I don't bother if some events are in English, so I don't ask for a translation, but would it be possible, that this mod could show me the English events even if my game's language is another one? Some mods do this, but this mod shows me something like xxx_interaction_event.xxx. instead of the event. If I change the game's language to English everything is fine, but playing a game with so much text in English is just too much for me.

2 hours ago, PaulBommel7 said:

My English isn't the best, so I don't play this game in English. I don't bother if some events are in English, so I don't ask for a translation, but would it be possible, that this mod could show me the English events even if my game's language is another one? Some mods do this, but this mod shows me something like xxx_interaction_event.xxx. instead of the event. If I change the game's language to English everything is fine, but playing a game with so much text in English is just too much for me.

I'm not sure but I would guess that if you edit the mod localization folder to include a subfolder for your language and then just copy and paste the English localization into that folder it should work. It would basically make the game think that the English localization is actually in your language. That's just a guess though.

5 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

I'm not sure but I would guess that if you edit the mod localization folder to include a subfolder for your language and then just copy and paste the English localization into that folder it should work. It would basically make the game think that the English localization is actually in your language. That's just a guess though.

AFAIK, you also need to rename every file so the word 'english' in its title is replaced by the correct language and then rewrite the file itself so that the first line also states the correct language. Obviously this is a total pain in the arse, which is why I have not done it.

Once the localization files settle down in my mod, I will (probably) get around to it. Although in that screenshot it looks like 'game_concept_slave' is also not being localized, and that should be localized by Carnalitas so there may be deeper issues.

7 hours ago, PaulBommel7 said:

Thanks for your help! ?

I tried your advise but sadly it doesn't help. It still looks like in this screenshot:

ck3.png

Okay, your names are WAY too long, just write for example, CDOtraining.0001 (and add 1 after that) also, you need to add a namespace at the very beginning of the document (In this case, it would be namespace = CDOtraining)

Also, you have to use a YAML file

21 hours ago, PaulBommel7 said:

So as it turns out, there is a python script to generate the appropriate files. Have updated my mod, so that may fix (some of) your issues.

On 2/26/2021 at 4:27 PM, ChaosRegion said:

Is there a way to make pregnancy always result only on one gender? (for player only)

I'm aware about set_pregnancy_gender, but have no idea how to use it or make a mod for it.

You would need to hook it up to an on_action. So you would probably want to create an on action say "on_set_player_pregnancy_gender." And set it to be triggered only if either the father or mother are the player.

on_set_player_pregnancy_gender = {
                       trigger = {
                                          Or = {
                                             scope:father = { is_ai = no }
                                             scope:mother = { is_ai = no }
                                                  }

}

effect = {
                                          set_pregnancy_gender = whatever
                                      }
}

And then you would need to nest it in another hardcoded on_action to allow it to fire. Probably on_pregnancy_mother.

on_pregnancy_mother = {
                         on_actions = {
                                             on_set_player_pregnancy_gender
                                               }
}

I just quick typed this up in a few seconds so don't know if it would work exactly as written but something like this. Essentially you would try to make it so whenever the mother reaches the revealed stage the game checks if the player is one of the parents and if true sets the gender.

2 hours ago, Dagulus said:

So as it turns out, there is a python script to generate the appropriate files. Have updated my mod, so that may fix (some of) your issues.

Thanks a lot for your quick help! At the moment, I can only find the old version here. As soon as your updated version is online I will test it.

8 minutes ago, PaulBommel7 said:

Thanks a lot for your quick help! At the moment, I can only find the old version here. As soon as your updated version is online I will test it.

By my mod I mean Carnalitas Dominatio 9which is responsible for most of the text your having issues with), not the Carnalitas framework. It should be available now.

20 minutes ago, PaulBommel7 said:

Ah, I see, my fault. I tested the updated mod now and some events are working with my German game now, so thank you for the update! Unfortunately after 10 minutes playtime I found the first one that isn't working, but I think that's not an event of your mod.

Yes, that is the example sex scene from the framework. Looking at the files it should actually be displaying in German, so I'm not sure what's gone wrong there.

11 hours ago, viritvbisinot2312 said:

so I tried this mod along with the Better Scaling UI mod and I'm not seeing any issues in 2-3 hours of gameplay. I'm loading this mod last, and it seems fine. Someone has any specific windows that get overwritten and shouldn't? Or something that plain doesn't work?

The issue is that some of the windows won't be "better scaling" because Carnalitas windows will override Better Scaling UI windows. Start a game with Better Scaling UI but without Carnalitas and you'll see what I mean.

I don't know if this is a bug, but it seems that if I use the "make love" interaction frequently (or at least it seems like it), at some point is like my character looses all his fertility and stops having children from the spouse, concubines and lovers. And sometimes even the "Ask her if the child is yours" event pops up randomly for characters that aren't even related in anyway with mine. Does anyone know or has an idea of what is going on?

Great mod! Do you have plans to do something with upcoming duel system? A minigame with a pool of options based on relationships, traits and stats with the ability to "win" and gain something from it looks like a very cool sex scene type concept. I know thats a lot of work, just wondering where you stand.

On 3/13/2021 at 7:33 AM, Taurom said:

I don't know if this is a bug, but it seems that if I use the "make love" interaction frequently (or at least it seems like it), at some point is like my character looses all his fertility and stops having children from the spouse, concubines and lovers. And sometimes even the "Ask her if the child is yours" event pops up randomly for characters that aren't even related in anyway with mine. Does anyone know or has an idea of what is going on?

I think the fertility cutoff is part of CK3 itself, a hardcoded limitation to prevent too many characters from spawning and slowing down the game.

Not sure about the bastard event, as I haven't seen it (admittedly I mostly play with female characters). Does this event happen for you even without Carnalitas? If not it may be an issue with Carnalitas's overrides of certain triggers for the infidelity events.

On 3/13/2021 at 6:01 PM, sleep001 said:

Great mod! Do you have plans to do something with upcoming duel system? A minigame with a pool of options based on relationships, traits and stats with the ability to "win" and gain something from it looks like a very cool sex scene type concept. I know thats a lot of work, just wondering where you stand.

As you said, this is a lot of work and better suited for a submod.

5 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

I think the fertility cutoff is part of CK3 itself, a hardcoded limitation to prevent too many characters from spawning and slowing down the game.

It could be a default ck3 thing but if that's so, why only the player gets the cutoff and at the same time still be spammed by newborns from his dynasty?

Not sure about the bastard event, as I haven't seen it (admittedly I mostly play with female characters). Does this event happen for you even without Carnalitas? If not it may be an issue with Carnalitas's overrides of certain triggers for the infidelity events.

I'll test it without Carnalitas to see if it still triggers, but it really is very weird 'cause the event itself seems to be bugged, 'cause usually when you choose to ask if the child is yours, you always get a positive or negative (not very often :v) answer, if positive then you can choose to keep the secret or reveal it, but when this bugged event pops and ask for it, I never get an answer, then is when I notice that my character stops having children at all.

As you said, this is a lot of work and better suited for a submod.

Just building off this, the child limit is found under NChildbirth in the 00_defines file. Its affected by tier and number of consorts, and the player gets a boost. But this only affects pregnancy from the monthly fertility check and should not affect pregnancy from events. So at a certain point the make love interaction would become your only way of having additional children.

You can up the limit so high that it basically doesn't exist but population growth will slow down your game. Actually the bigger problem is stress. If you have too many children, eventually they will start dying off of old age, which causes the game to send out stress increases to ALL their siblings (and you). This starts a chain reaction, because the ai can't handle that much stress and then your children start to die off very quickly due to stress. Eventually player character gets inundated with an event where you yell at your children, enough to crash the game.