22 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

But - I find it annoying that the camera completely freezes once you're encased in a cocoon. How am I supposed to make screenshots?!

I'll look into that.

23 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

As soon as you're bound, some struggle animations take over, with some slight swaying movement. Unfortunately the cocoon doesn't follow the same motions, I had constantly body parts sticking out/ clipping through the webbing.

In my game the bound animations don't set in while the cocoon struggle is playing. Are you running LE or SE and are you using FNIS or Nemesis?

Also I have no knowledge in modelling, so I won't be able to create my own cocoon mesh. We're stuck with the one the ZaZ Animation Pack provides.

24 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

that blueish (magic?) cocoon

That looks like some textures are missing. It should be fully white. The textures should come with the ZaZ Animation Pack, though. I'm merely referencing their mesh.

Thank you for the quick reply!

54 minutes ago, Skitskurr said:

In my game the bound animations don't set in while the cocoon struggle is playing.

I didn't bother to struggle out of them as I was trying to take screenshots. The spider got killed by my Mistress.

I am on LE (as this is in the LE section, I didn't bother to mention it. I see some people have signatures - I could add the info there, if someone told me how to get one) and use FNIS - but didn't run it after installing this mod, as it comes without any own animations.

58 minutes ago, Skitskurr said:

That looks like some textures are missing. It should be fully white. The textures should come with the ZaZ Animation Pack, though. I'm merely referencing their mesh.

Damn. I have ZaZ installed (please don't ask which version, some 7, 8 or 8.1) so it should be there somewhere. Could you give a hint where to find the cocoon? Then I could look at the nif and go searching for the missing texture.

38 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

I see some people have signatures - I could add the info there, if someone told me how to get one

Click on your account in the top left corner -> account settings -> signature

I am on LE (...) and use FNIS

Same as me then.. weird. I might have to look into that. I think I could also just add the devices once the cocoon scene is done. Equipping them during the scene came from the DD4.x days where they had some noticeable delay. According to the patch notes DD5.0 is much faster. I need to rework that part anyways since equipping them early conflicts with the newly added bestiality part.

Could you give a hint where to find the cocoon? Then I could look at the nif and go searching for the missing texture.

"Meshes\ZaZ-UltimateDataPack\ZaZ - Animated Equips\ZaZ Aracnophobia\ZaZCocoon01Female.nif"

"Textures\ZaZ\009Webbing\fxspiderwebs01.dds"

"Textures\ZaZ\009Webbing\fxspiderwebs01_n.dds"

Which by the way are the same textures I use for the cobweb restraints, so you must've gotten them. I guess they added them to the .nif file in a later version, which means I could fix this by manually applying that texture set in the CK.

1 hour ago, Skitskurr said:

Same as me then.. weird. I might have to look into that. I think I could also just add the devices once the cocoon scene is done. Equipping them during the scene came from the DD4.x days where they had some noticeable delay. According to the patch notes DD5.0 is much faster. I need to rework that part anyways since equipping them early conflicts with the newly added bestiality part.

I have not the faintest idea what went wrong. I looked at the nif-files (cannot do much more than giving it THE LOOK) and at first the inner bindings were blue in there too - but in the next trial ingame it was okay. *sigh*

Even weirder is, that the inner and outer webbings use the same texture, so if one is there, the other should have been too.

Now even the wiggling ilde worked, and nothing clipped too badly.

Spoiler

working idle w/o clipping

ScreenShot_prissy19983.jpg.070536f435e9db69e1ac2d435750c84b.jpg

Other things were not so good: When my follower was hit, some time later her armour wasn't just unequipped, but vanished from her inventory. It had been there when I untied her, but ~10 seconds later she wears her ugly vanilla dress and that catsuit is gone for good.

What is that nice texture, that remains a very short while after getting hit and untied? And why does it vanish so fast? I have set my fDecalLifetime=600.0 so that whipmarks stay longer, but this appears to be something else. I would like to keep that effect for a bit longer.

Spoiler

ScreenShot_prissy19991.jpg.1aada9c02a359cde28d2c5586dd327fc.jpg

And it seems that I now have a signature, thanks for your help! I had clicked through everything, but sometimes I'm a bit daft. :classic_blush:

51 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Other things were not so good: When my follower was hit, some time later her armour wasn't just unequipped, but vanished from her inventory. It had been there when I untied her, but ~10 seconds later she wears her ugly vanilla dress and that catsuit is gone for good.

All I do is tell the DD framework to equip / unequip certain devices. Was it just a custom armor looking like a catsuit or was it one of DDs lockable catsuits? And if the latter did you enable "Overwrite Devices" in the MCM? It uses a feature that got added in DD5.0 and might not be bug proof yet.

54 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

What is that nice texture, that remains a very short while after getting hit and untied? And why does it vanish so fast? I have set my fDecalLifetime=600.0 so that whipmarks stay longer, but this appears to be something else. I would like to keep that effect for a bit longer.

That's the indicator for the grace period (to prevent stun locks). As long as that texture is on you you are immune to cocoons. To keep it longer you'd have to edit the mslZaZAPGrace spell in the CK or TES5Edit, as there is currently no MCM setting for it.

3 minutes ago, Skitskurr said:

All I do is tell the DD framework to equip / unequip certain devices. Was it just a custom armor looking like a catsuit or was it one of DDs lockable catsuits? And if the latter did you enable "Overwrite Devices" in the MCM? It uses a feature that got added in DD5.0 and might not be bug proof yet.

I see, buggy DD5 feature, not the first time equipping a Device destroyed the armour in that slot.

5 minutes ago, Skitskurr said:

That's the indicator for the grace period (to prevent stun locks). As long as that texture is on you you are immune to cocoons. To keep it longer you'd have to edit the mslZaZAPGrace spell in the CK or TES5Edit, as there is currently no MCM setting for it.

Hmm, didn't have the impression that there's any grace period at all, but that's difficult to tell when your follower goes berserk. ?

On 1/5/2021 at 3:48 PM, Skitskurr said:

Destroyed armours etc

FWIW, this popped up on DD LE 5.0 thread earlier today and might be related/relevant

Hey thanks for the mod, just two things:

First, I just found out this need to be run after "Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul" in the load order, if not the web effect wont work.

Second, Do you have any plans to add more web devices? I've always wanted tight full body cocoon like a web hobble dress.

On 1/11/2021 at 12:25 AM, donkeywho said:

FWIW, this popped up on DD LE 5.0 thread earlier today and might be related/relevant

That looks like it's the issue. So the Overwrite Devices setting in the Arachnophobia MCM will cause your items to disappear.

4 hours ago, Kapes said:

Second, Do you have any plans to add more web devices? I've always wanted tight full body cocoon like a web hobble dress.

I personally don't know a first thing about modelling. So I can't create any new meshes. But if someone else does I'll happily add them in.

Suggestion. 

It seems like that when I get cocooned when there is a group of spiders, it usually only happens once. 

How about that there is a chance you get cocooned multiple times if there are spiders left after the first one wears off?

Also, if you have all the devious slots filled with web restraints that you can't move until you are rescued.  You can make the scenario linked to a Death Alternative event, Devious Enslavement outcome from Deviously Enslaved, get enslaved by Sanguine's Debauchery, or a rescuer comes and saves you.  The rescuer could have both good and bad intentions.  This of course would mean that you would have to have the previously mentioned mods installed.

What do you think?

2 hours ago, Xuvish said:

It seems like that when I get cocooned when there is a group of spiders, it usually only happens once. 

There is a grace period to prevent stunlock. I might be able to add an MCM option to change it's duration.

2 hours ago, Xuvish said:

Also, if you have all the devious slots filled with web restraints that you can't move until you are rescued.  You can make the scenario linked to a Death Alternative event, Devious Enslavement outcome from Deviously Enslaved, get enslaved by Sanguine's Debauchery, or a rescuer comes and saves you.  The rescuer could have both good and bad intentions.  This of course would mean that you would have to have the previously mentioned mods installed.

I'd first have to look into those mods to see how I could accomplish this, and right now I've got a rather big to-do list, so that won't happen anytime soon. Also I have not yet done any quest/scene scripting, so anything that's more complex than telling sexlab to make two actors fuck will require some time of researching.

• 2 weeks later...

i tested

i use this mod for the coccoon effect for make spiders a bit more dangerus

i couldnt understand the controls. sometimes holding a key sometimes mashing WASD filled the progress bar.

i think the cocoon is 5 second long? it doesn't feel too bad in combat. i spawned a lot of spiders and it was easy to not get cocooned.

it webbed some NPCs that were nearby. i think i can web followers too?

maybe the only suggestion i have is put 2 stages to spider spits: first stage  apply web graphic to player/npc and apply slight slowdown you can still move but makes dodge slightly more difficult . if hit again while in that stage become a cocoon. i think the result would be exciting to see your follower get webbed then cocooned. but the current system is good too. ?

EDIT: ok i reread your post to escape it's 1 in 4 key and it changes so that's why i couldnt haste the escape. i will have to try bigger spiders to see as well.

No idea if this has been touched on yet.

Considering how many different rope types there are in DD (over 33 unique meshes,) a cool feature would be to add more randomization to make use of all of them.

To go even deeper, the chances for more complicated/difficult to escape restraints could be influenced by the time the player takes to complete the meter mini-game and what spider caused it.

For example, larger sized or named spiders, higher levels, the level difference between the player, maybe even something like the stamina of the spider could raise the chances of more exotic rope restraints being used.

On 1/5/2021 at 5:26 AM, CaptainJ03 said:

Unfortunately the cocoon doesn't follow the same motions, I had constantly body parts sticking out/ clipping through the webbing.

If your not using zaz 8 or 8+, you don't have CBBE/UNP support.  That might be part of your clipping problems.  8 has CBBE, UNP and Cosio support.  8+ has HDT

Feedback/Idea, About the Spider Sex would be cool to have a togglable option or slider to make it happen if the player or NPC stays cocooned for a selectable amount fo seconds, for example a value in between the min and max time for the cocoon, and maybe an optional randomizer so it wont happen always if desired, and for last maybe a togglable option to choose if this will happen immediately or only if the spiders are out of combat.

5 hours ago, Zor2k13 said:

I thought this mod was supposed to hang the player upside down in a spider cave?

I at no point stated that it's doing that. There is another arachnophobia mod where you're dragged into a cave, but that one doesn't containt DD items. I might add the cave thing at some point, but it's far down on the todo list.

This mod for now focuses on the devious feature by adding cobweb devices and since it was requested frequently now also contains some bestiality.

And now it works really nice with Kynes Blessing and the Parasites too :) i like a symbiosis :D Well i wouldnt mind when devious Arachnohobia and the other one would to one and the same. I mean first enweb the char than lay eggs into the charakter and than devour the pc if he/she doesnt free him/herself mmmmmh :D. That would be the Ultimate Brainfuck if you know what i mean

• 2 weeks later...

- added an MCM option to enable spider sex animations, this is disabled by default

for now such a scene is only triggered if the victim exhausts while in a cocoon (runs out of stamina) and the spider who cocooned it is still alive at the end

Are you guys into this or is it wasted effort to go deeper into it? I kinda need some feedback here

I don't think this is wasted effort. The only thing I do understand from what the SLAL animation modder Billy an a few others have mentioned is spiders are difficult to work with, an, pardon the pun. Buggy to work correctly with SL.  That being said, no I do not think it's a wasted effort to implement something that could involve that scenario, I mean if the Chaurus can be coined to use captured prey as incubators.. suffice to say the spiders in Skyrim could as well.

It's also the one thing that had me intrigued by the original Arachnophobia.

What is up my dude -

Ultimately, pursue a project that you yourself can be excited about. If you're looking for positive feedback as a shot in the arm, however, here you go: this is great. Simple, engaging (hot), and a great use of the framework. 

Only thing I can think of is that I seem to inexplicably escape after a little time, even without struggling, and then the mod doesn't seem to kick in unless I reload the cell. Will be watching your career with great interest ?

1 hour ago, stumpy1975 said:

I mainly use a controller rather than mouse and keyboard due to hand disability.. is there any way to remap the escape keys so they can be used with a controller as well? Maybe a patch or extra file? 

In the MCM on the first page. I recommend using the shoulder keys since menu keys will still open menus.

37 minutes ago, BattenK said:

Only thing I can think of is that I seem to inexplicably escape after a little time, even without struggling, and then the mod doesn't seem to kick in unless I reload the cell.

The cocoon still has a maximum duration of 10/20/30 seconds based on spider size. Once you've escaped there is a grace period before you can be cocooned again (indicated by the webby texture overlay), that will go away after a short period of time.