48 minutes ago, Baltasarr80 said:

cant you use the controller with skyrim? I thought it would be possible if so you should be able to reconfigure the hotkey on the controller? Am i wrong?

Everything else works when using a controller, but when I tried to remap the W key with a push up with an xbox1 right thumb stick, it wouldn’t register it, any other button worked fine (like A X B and Y but I didn’t want to use them just in case it messed something else up with this or other mods)

7 hours ago, stumpy1975 said:

Cool I’ll try that tomorrow... hopefully it won’t mess anything else up

I'm playing on a controller myself and am using the shoulder keys, doesn't mess anything up for me. I'm even using the same keys for SLSO mappings which doesn't bring any issues, since you're never cocooned and in a sex scene at the same time.

18 minutes ago, titlover123 said:

So, is this like the other expansion for Arachnophobia? or does it not have any of the systems it has?

This one is not that much focused on the cocoon and more on Devious Devices. There is also a struggle "minigame", but it works a bit differently and there is not yet a cave the PC is dragged to if they fail to escape. But there's a bunch of other stuff built in here and it's highly customizable.

7 hours ago, Hylysi said:

Suggestion: DestroyOnRemoval as an MCM option.

Not sure if there's a way to toggle that through a script.

Creating two sets of devices, one with it on, one with it off doesn't seem like the best either.

I'd have to make derived scripts from all the DD scripts which read out a GlobalValue on effect start and fill the destroy on remove property accordingly. Then apply them to the devices instead of the ones currently on, meaning I'd have to refill all their properties, which are a lot.
If you didn't understand any of that: It's technically possible but a lot of work for a not so big feature, so I probably won't be doing it anytime soon.

I seem to have found a bug. Not really sure if it's related to this mod, but...

After my first encounter (and encasement) with a spider, I started running around like mad. Looking at 'getav speedmult' returned a value of 199 instead of the expected 100, trying to reset it via console didn't do anything.

So for testing my theory, I went to the spider-infested road near Morthal, got attacked and encased in cobwebs (trying to struggle out still moved me) and afterwards I couldn't even see where I went, that was way too fast - speedmult was at about 580.

...and I hate to say it, but combat mercy while encased or having that sticky muck on me, never worked. Those spiders keep attacking.

Uninstalling for now, which is a pity.

1 hour ago, CaptainJ03 said:

After my first encounter (and encasement) with a spider, I started running around like mad. Looking at 'getav speedmult' returned a value of 199 instead of the expected 100

Sounds like an issue with the rooting script. Are you using any other mod that modify the speedmult?

trying to reset it via console didn't do anything

Editing the speedmult only takes effect when your carry weight changes for whatever reason.

(trying to struggle out still moved me)

That does sound like something else updated your speedmult, which then again causes my mod to set it to the wrong value.

...and I hate to say it, but combat mercy while encased or having that sticky muck on me, never worked

You mean the MCM option to halt combat?

3 hours ago, Skitskurr said:

Sounds like an issue with the rooting script. Are you using any other mod that modify the speedmult?

none that I'm aware of. Cursed Loot of course does ugly things to fast travel and hobbling around, but I haven't touched that for weeks (as it's running stable-ish). The only other new mod would be Devious Followers DFC

Editing the speedmult only takes effect when your carry weight changes for whatever reason.

Thanks, Bethesda. I hate you *sigh*

You mean the MCM option to halt combat?

No, quite a while ago when I asked about that nice cobweb-sticky-tattooey texture, you said that while it's there, spiders wouldn't attack me. If that was changed, I missed that. I did see the MCM option but did not use that.

2 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

none that I'm aware of. Cursed Loot of course does ugly things to fast travel and hobbling around, but I haven't touched that for weeks (as it's running stable-ish). The only other new mod would be Devious Followers DFC

Thanks, Bethesda. I hate you *sigh*

There was one guy with similar issues. He said he got it fixed by reinstalling it and setting some requirement relationships in NMM. Not sure if that can help you.

2 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

No, quite a while ago when I asked about that nice cobweb-sticky-tattooey texture, you said that while it's there, spiders wouldn't attack me. If that was changed, I missed that. I did see the MCM option but did not use that.

I said the spider attacks while not cause the cocoon while it's there, not that the spiders won't attack at all.

The period of cocoon immunity is not quite equal to the time the texture sticks as I haven't yet found a way to prolong the texture.
There is however a new setting in the MCM to stop all combat for as long as you are cocooned.

Modifying the speedmult via script is a fairly bad idea.  Consider applying a magic effect that slows the player down and if the carry weight needs to be changed that can be done by adding/removing a non-playable item to the player inventory.

I don't like most of the changes you made from 1.21 to 1.2.2.  The DD framework filter should be handling animations (and temporary removal of devices as needed) - that's not something this mod needs to do.  Gradual application of devices was also nice flavor instead of having everything dumped on at once, even if the underlying reason for it was because of script lag on DD 4.x.  I do like the addition of adjustable stamina damage.

2 hours ago, Xarius said:

Modifying the speedmult via script is a fairly bad idea.  Consider applying a magic effect that slows the player down and if the carry weight needs to be changed that can be done by adding/removing a non-playable item to the player inventory.

The problem is I have to modify it so it is set to exactly 1. For vanilla players this will always be 99. But as soon as you use a single mod with an effect that increases speedmult your character will slowly glide around while cocooned. I could try to keep stacking the same ME until 1 is reached, though.

The DD framework filter should be handling animations (and temporary removal of devices as needed) - that's not something this mod needs to do.

That's not something this mod does do. I am at no point removing any devices.

Gradual application of devices was also nice flavor instead of having everything dumped on at once, even if the underlying reason for it was because of script lag on DD 4.x.

Gradual application had a small problem with one of DCLs bondage lover settings that gave huge boosts to your stamina when equipping devices, basically giving you a lot more stamina to struggle with. The reason why it was removed is that this way it's not in the way of the bestiality features. The amount of devices equipped is still depending on the time spent cocooned.

9 hours ago, Skitskurr said:

Gradual application had a small problem with one of DCLs bondage lover settings that gave huge boosts to your stamina when equipping devices, basically giving you a lot more stamina to struggle with. The reason why it was removed is that this way it's not in the way of the bestiality features. The amount of devices equipped is still depending on the time spent cocooned.

DCL (and a lot of other mods) respects the "dhlp-Suspend" and "dhlp-Resume" modevents to pause some functionallities temporarily. Maybe that would help here and for the speedmult probem aswell.

On 2/25/2021 at 7:48 AM, CaptainJ03 said:

I seem to have found a bug. Not really sure if it's related to this mod, but...

After my first encounter (and encasement) with a spider, I started running around like mad. Looking at 'getav speedmult' returned a value of 199 instead of the expected 100, trying to reset it via console didn't do anything.

So for testing my theory, I went to the spider-infested road near Morthal, got attacked and encased in cobwebs (trying to struggle out still moved me) and afterwards I couldn't even see where I went, that was way too fast - speedmult was at about 580.

On 2/25/2021 at 5:18 PM, Skitskurr said:

The problem is I have to modify it so it is set to exactly 1. For vanilla players this will always be 99. But as soon as you use a single mod with an effect that increases speedmult your character will slowly glide around while cocooned. I could try to keep stacking the same ME until 1 is reached, though.

Yeah the whole Speedmult implementation is actually really awful, I would actually prefer to be cocooned and sliding around than having a mod really mess up my speed, I have plenty other mods that already do that.

Luckily however there is actually a solution to the problem via console commands. If you click on your character and do "getavinfo speedmult"  you'll get a very granular list of what sort of debuffs are getting applied and what kind they are, either Temp, Perm or Damage.

This mod uses the Perm kind, which sounds messed up but it's actually quite easy to fix, if you do "modav speedmult -X" where X is the number on Perm. You have to do that minus since we are actually removing the amount of permanent modifier.  Forceav also modifies perm modifier but it does it in an ass backwards way and you'll up end up using modav to fix it. setav modifies the level up value and that also doesn't help.

Temp modifiers are usually applied via spell effects, so while they are not fixable vie the same set of console commands, they are still removable by using commands to remove spell effects.

The best kind of modifier to apply is the damage one, since to fix that one you can then use restoreav 1000 or whatever number you want, since that'll only restore up to whatever number was damaged instead of overflowing and making you super fast.

So yeah, to sum it up, perm modifier, not the end of the world, kind of tedious to fix via console, but it should take like a minute. Damage modifier, the best kind, not sure how to implement it via the CK, but actually very easy to fix via console.

The other question though, are the values applied the same way to NPCs too?, because then I have to be mindful of my follower's speeds occasionally too.

1 hour ago, ttpt said:

The other question though, are the values applied the same way to NPCs too?, because then I have to be mindful of my follower's speeds occasionally too.

Followers speedmult is untouched, as those are simply set to restrained while cocooned. If I do that on the player that will lock the camera, though, which some people didn't like. Hence I tried to find other ways. Disabling movement controls also doesn't work as it hides the UI, so you won't see the progress or stamina bars.
I'll have a look into damageAV, as it looks more stable from what you said.

Hey there, it's that mod you made me want to start skyrim and enter the fabulous world of mod. Spiders deserve some loves and thank you for this mod!

I tryied it and... Well, there's some problem.

First off there's the gliding while on a cocoon thing, it completly screw up the speed of the character -apparently related to others from what I'm reading-

Second problem: Even if I place all the setting to have the maximum chance of getting tied-up. My character will NOT get tied-up at all.

So at the moment I am no longer using this mod until the problems have been confirmed to be solved. -It has completly secrew up a save and I had to restart from scratch, but hey... It's a Bethesda game! :D -

Wouldn't it possible to have a more "direct" approach? A sort of "two way the mod work"?

The current one, and one that is basicly "you get hit by a spit, you instantly get a web device on you.

By the way, question out of curiosity, do you think it's possible to have the character placed on a wall and cocooned up? Like that guy in the first dungeon you do, or that woman necromancer in a cave? Could make for a great escape game? -I'm aware of the other arachnohobia mode but it just ain't quite the same thing...

50 minutes ago, kurokurokurokuro said:

Even if I place all the setting to have the maximum chance of getting tied-up. My character will NOT get tied-up at all.

There is no setting for the chance of getting tied up. It is 100%, -1% per 2% of poison resistance. One device per five seconds you've been in the cocoon. Have you maybe unset the "Enable Player Devices" setting?

It has completly secrew up a save and I had to restart from scratch

You can always set your speedmult back to 100 with the console. Just keep in mind that you have to drop / pickup an item after that as movement speed is only updated when carry weight changes.

Wouldn't it possible to have a more "direct" approach? A sort of "two way the mod work"?

The current one, and one that is basicly "you get hit by a spit, you instantly get a web device on you.

I could implement something like that.

49 minutes ago, kurokurokurokuro said:

By the way, question out of curiosity, do you think it's possible to have the character placed on a wall and cocooned up? Like that guy in the first dungeon you do, or that woman necromancer in a cave? Could make for a great escape game? -I'm aware of the other arachnohobia mode but it just ain't quite the same thing...

Possible yes, but takes quite some time to figure out how to do the whole scene right, and I'm rather busy with other stuff at the moment.

@CaptainJ03 @ttpt@kurokurokurokuro

I have updated the script to work with AV damage rather than setting the AVs. It works for me, but so did the old system, so not sure if it fixes your issues. Anyways if you want to test it out here's the script:

dapWebAttackScript.pex

@Skitskurr "You can always set your speedmult back to 100 with the console. Just keep in mind that you have to drop / pickup an item after that as movement speed is only updated when carry weight changes."

Weird, whenever I used it before for an alternate fast travel, it would work directly -I used to set my speed to 1 000, use the noclip, go to the place I wanted to go. Cancel the noclip, and then speed back to 100... But it also stopped working for reasons unknown.

14 hours ago, Skitskurr said:

@CaptainJ03 @ttpt@kurokurokurokuro

I have updated the script to work with AV damage rather than setting the AVs. It works for me, but so did the old system, so not sure if it fixes your issues. Anyways if you want to test it out here's the script:

dapWebAttackScript.pex 7.86 kB · 3 downloads

My regular speed is 86.875 or some stupid bullshit to begin with. so when I get cocooned by a spider the speedmult gets set to 1 as expected, using getavinfo speedmult reveal that my speedmult is getting damage by 85.875 which is correct to achieve that 1. After escaping the cocoon, using getavinfo reveals that the damage has been set to 0 and my speed has returned correctly to 86.875.

So yeah, you have correctly fixed any compatibility issues that may arise from any mod that may affect the speedmult. That is unless there is a different mod that applies it's speed debuff by damaging the attribute in which case the worst you'll do is just remove the debuff which if it was applied to damage wasn't meant to be long lasting anyway.

12 hours ago, kurokurokurokuro said:

@Skitskurr "You can always set your speedmult back to 100 with the console. Just keep in mind that you have to drop / pickup an item after that as movement speed is only updated when carry weight changes."

Weird, whenever I used it before for an alternate fast travel, it would work directly -I used to set my speed to 1 000, use the noclip, go to the place I wanted to go. Cancel the noclip, and then speed back to 100... But it also stopped working for reasons unknown.

Also if your speedmult on the old save got all janked up because of this mod, you should check my earlier post on to how to go about fixing it via the console. getavinfo is the most helpful and if you only really need to sneak around to get skyrim to detect speed changes.