2 hours ago, Ediros2 said:

Great mod, but I seem to have a problem with a part of the gear. When my characters gets into webbed bondage, the body turns invisible (testing a female with CBBE's body). The armbinders and everything else works, but the body is invisible.

I use DD meshes for all items, does this also occur with the regular rope harness? I'd say try rebuilding them in BS, as is suggested most of the times when people have problems with invisible DD items.

39 minutes ago, Skitskurr said:

I use DD meshes for all items, does this also occur with the regular rope harness? I'd say try rebuilding them in BS, as is suggested most of the times when people have problems with invisible DD items.

I have already tried that. I have got bodyslide connected to mod organizer and vanilla armours work just fine. I can get bodyslide working on them, physics included. The same cannot be said about Devious Devices. I haven't tried regular rope harness yet. You mean rope body restraint?

Because that one works.

Rope armbinder sort of works. It appears, the body stays visible, but the arms do not stay in place. Probably FNIS on my side.

ScreenShot2.png

Comparison:

ScreenShot0.png

8 hours ago, Ediros2 said:

I haven't tried regular rope harness yet. You mean rope body restraint?

The web restraint on the picture is based on a device called "Full Top Rope Harness". It's kinda hard to debug this from afar as I usually would have a look into the mesh files to see what's going on. Also are you playing on LE or SE?

8 hours ago, Ediros2 said:

It appears, the body stays visible, but the arms do not stay in place. Probably FNIS on my side.

Could also be the fault of DAR if you are using that.

13 hours ago, Skitskurr said:

The web restraint on the picture is based on a device called "Full Top Rope Harness". It's kinda hard to debug this from afar as I usually would have a look into the mesh files to see what's going on. Also are you playing on LE or SE?

Could also be the fault of DAR if you are using that.

Tested the full top rope harness, no issues there. Playing SE with all dlcs. 

I also fixed the arm thing. 

11 hours ago, Ediros2 said:

Tested the full top rope harness, no issues there. Playing SE with all dlcs. 

I also fixed the arm thing. 

That's weird then. Now this is where I'd normally check if the mesh file has the same biped slots as the ArmorAddon form in the CK. Now for the likely case that you are not developing mods yourself and have no idea what I just said can you upload your "..\Data\Meshes\devious\FeuerTin\FT_RopeHarness\FT_RopeHarness_0.nif" so I can have a look at it?

36 minutes ago, Skitskurr said:

That's weird then. Now this is where I'd normally check if the mesh file has the same biped slots as the ArmorAddon form in the CK. Now for the likely case that you are not developing mods yourself and have no idea what I just said can you upload your "..\Data\Meshes\devious\FeuerTin\FT_RopeHarness\FT_RopeHarness_0.nif" so I can have a look at it?

I get the same issue as Ediros2, here's a copy of my mesh file for that item.

Love your take on this mod by the way.

FT_RopeHarness_0.nif

48 minutes ago, MistleW said:

I get the same issue as Ediros2, here's a copy of my mesh file for that item.

Love your take on this mod by the way.

FT_RopeHarness_0.nif 2.49 MB · 0 downloads

@Ediros2

So apparently the LE and SE versions of DD have a different approach for this device:

image.thumb.png.dc822626727207d8bd69344ee8c08b22.png

Left one is your mesh, right one is mine. In LE the item is made like a catsuit and therefore contains a body model, in SE it's made like a harness, which does not come with a body model. That means there is no easy fix on your end other than to disable that web device for now.

I'll build in an option to adapt to that. I'm just not sure if I have to make that a manual MCM option or if there is a way to identify if the game is currently running in LE or SE and adapt accordingly.

27 minutes ago, Skitskurr said:

@Ediros2

Left one is your mesh, right one is mine. In LE the item is made like a catsuit and therefore contains a body model, in SE it's made like a harness, which does not come with a body model. That means there is no easy fix on your end other than to disable that web device for now.

I'll build in an option to adapt to that. I'm just not sure if I have to make that a manual MCM option or if there is a way to identify if the game is currently running in LE or SE and adapt accordingly.

Thanks for the quick response, makes sense.  Appreciate you looking into it.

On 5/5/2021 at 11:45 AM, MistleW said:

Thanks for the quick response, makes sense.  Appreciate you looking into it.

@Ediros2 I've been looking into it and I'm totally confused now. The mesh you uploaded has Partition Slot 32, which is the one of the body. That means you can't use that and the naked body at the same time. Also the BodySlide files from SE indicate that there should be a body model in the mesh. Which leaves me with the question why there is none in yours. I don't think it's a general issue for all SE users, because then someone probably had reported it a lot sooner.

2 hours ago, Skitskurr said:

"I don't think it's a general issue for all SE users, because then someone probably had reported it a lot sooner."

For what it's worth I have also had major issues getting the devices to display correctly in SE (CBBE body) as well, with invisible body problems consistently causing problems. Repeated rebuilds in bodyslide, restarting clean game, testing.. Current play-through got me to a point where armbinder/strict armbinder work, gags work, full body thing with leg-binder works, but without leg-binder 'there's no body'. I sort of figured I could accept that if adjusting settings so that the problem type would not be chosen. But I don't think it's just him.

15 hours ago, BYJE137 said:

For what it's worth I have also had major issues getting the devices to display correctly in SE (CBBE body) as well, with invisible body problems consistently causing problems. Repeated rebuilds in bodyslide, restarting clean game, testing.. Current play-through got me to a point where armbinder/strict armbinder work, gags work, full body thing with leg-binder works, but without leg-binder 'there's no body'. I sort of figured I could accept that if adjusting settings so that the problem type would not be chosen. But I don't think it's just him.

I'm so stupid. Out of habit I checked the UUNP files for SE, not the CBBE files. Apparently they have redone all the CBBE files for SE, which is now causing this issue. But that also means I can't just check LE or SE, because it's only for CBBE, and I don't think I can automatically check for that. I have to see how they did the full top rope harness in SE, as that apparently works.

The web devices equipped by this mod are still only decorative. You can use "Untie" instantly and it will remove the device even if it has timed unlock. The devices need some key, so i recommend using some dummy key that player can never get.

Also i'm experimenting with spiders using "Cautious" behavior in hopes that they avoid coming in melee and keep shooting webs from a distance.

Edit: I was trying to make an ESP patch to the mod but everytime i edit armors in CK the patch loses its masterfile requirement of this mod's ESP and the armors become standalone >.<  Obviously those won't work with the scripts. So the only way to make changes is to edit the original --- every time the mod updates. What a pain.

I took the latest version 1.2.2b and made edits:

- Added dap_WebKey.

- Changes all dap*_Inventory armors:

- - Use the dap_Webkey.

- - Made sure they have timed unlock true.

- - Gave them min and max unlock time if they already hadn't, and adjusted some just slightly.

- - Minor edits to struggle/cut chances where it made sense.

35% escape chance for example is too easy to get out from. Something like 20% is ok for the non-script armbinder but it still "melts off" in at max 6 hours. Blindfold is gameplay restricting so it can be gotten off faster than other items. Normal harness i imagine thick webbing which takes longer time to get off, but corsets don't stop you from playing. Neither do gags which are also harder to remove now. In fact i like the pressure it gives to Realistic Needs mods where you are prevented to eat for a while, losing weight and making you weaker. Full body harness can be gotten off much faster than the corset one since that's a movement speed reducer.

Devious Arachnophobia.esp

12 hours ago, Zaflis said:

You can use "Untie" instantly and it will remove the device even if it has timed unlock.

With or without a key there is only a chance to untie the device. At least that's how it worked before I updated to DD5 and added a timer, I might have to retest how they work now.

12 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Edit: I was trying to make an ESP patch to the mod but everytime i edit armors in CK the patch loses its masterfile requirement of this mod's ESP and the armors become standalone >.<

That's because the CK doesn't allow you to use ESPs as master files, only ESMs. So every time you save a plugin all ESP masters will be removed. You can work around this by renaming the Devious Arachnophobia.esp to .esm, then write your patch, then rename the esm back to esp and edit your patch in TES5Edit/xEdit and change the .esm master to .esp. You'll have to do this every time you update your patch.

Also these seem to be all spiders i could find from Skyrim and DLC's, excluding all dwarven spiders, those without a name and ones classified as "friend". Changed their behavior to "Cautious". I don't have time to test these yet, and also feel free to brainstorm what other edits they should have. I figured it's much better to have spider edits not embedded inside the DAP's esp.

For example i have made a mod earlier that makes invisibility spell soundless. If we could make spiders use invisibility...?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/106818

Sneaky Spiders.esp

Out of curiosity, was there ever a solution found for the invisible body harness?  Having the same issue with SE.  Bodyslide ran, all other devious objects work, including the rest of the spider things except harness and full body harness.

11 hours ago, Morgdane said:

Out of curiosity, was there ever a solution found for the invisible body harness?  Having the same issue with SE.  Bodyslide ran, all other devious objects work, including the rest of the spider things except harness and full body harness.

No, it's a DD5 issue with SE CBBE, so your only option is to disable it for now.

On 5/15/2021 at 11:10 AM, Morgdane said:

FYI my full body harness works. So for now I've kept it enabled, but disabled the standard harness.

17 hours ago, MistleW said:

FYI my full body harness works. So for now I've kept it enabled, but disabled the standard harness.

Oh hey, good call.  I went back and re-tested the full body harness and mine works as well.  Thank you for pointing that out!

And Skitskurr, thanks for the reply.  Sad to know it's not easily fixed, I'd been waiting on someone to do this to Arachnophobia since it came out lol. You're both awesome!

It seems the Untie option will make a check if lock is accessible, therefore we can set lock access difficulty to something high as 900. Then it will be left with struggle, cut and timed unlock options as intended.

Also spiders always keep hitting me even when cocooned.

Edit: For some reason I didn't have MCM toggle enabled for "Halt combat"... ?

And the cautious behavior i gave them don't seem to help too much, they always come to melee. It might depend on the AI script they use.

Lastly we need spiders to get off when fullbody webs are equipped. You can only hobble slowly as they keep biting... I had Naked Defeat trigger on that and the moment i guess sex animation would've started i just CTD.

Edit2: Cautious was a mistake, it should be set "Foolhardy".

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:NPCs#Aggression

I was also thinking i have too easy time with them using fire spells. So some fire resistance might be good for them.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, EricTimyang said:

Hello,Mr.author!

I Love your work.It does excellently in skyrim.

May I translate your MOD into Chinese and share it to our game fourm?(www.9dmdamaomod.net).That might make your work more visible to more people☺️.Thank you!

On 7/5/2020 at 4:40 PM, Skitskurr said:

License:
This mod is published under the MIT license.

You are free to do to whatever you like with the mod as long as it keeps this license (which it inherited from Frostfire btw).

• 3 months later...

Question, are you still working on the mod?

If so I would recommend contacting this user:

https://www.deviantart.com/ghrolath4/journal/Skyrim-Cocooooooons-689970739

And while I am at it, after playing with the mod for a bit I have decided to write down my thoughts thus far:

-It's a Good idea, but still quite limited. Previous Arachnophobia had whole struggle + cocooning.

-I would like to request web traps, perhaps a scenerio similar to defeat, where your character is stuck in a web and used sexually.

- For web traps themselves I would not mind using devious devices as a base.

Cheers and good luck.

4 hours ago, Ediros2 said:

Question, are you still working on the mod?

Yes, but right now I'm focusing on other projects, so I don't know when I'll work on this again.

I contacted him about a year ago, shortly after releasing the first version of the mod, but never got an answer.

-I would like to request web traps, perhaps a scenerio similar to defeat, where your character is stuck in a web and used sexually.

Do you mean in form of a rune like the frost/lightning runes you encounter in some dungeons?